HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Landscaper/Patio Builder Recommendation
Posted by: Warhawk ()
Date: August 30, 2009 06:11PM

I want to put an on-grade patio off the rear of my house. Does anybody have any recommendations (I can google/cold call as well as anybody) in regards to a contractor/business that does this sort of work well and won't completely rape me over the cost? I'd even consider a guy in the field who wants some side work or is looking to get his own thing going since it's pretty much a 25'x15' rectangle with a raised firepit at one end. The grade is kinda shitty, which complicates it a little.

I fucking hate to admit it but I could do this on my own - I did the 9'x8' one at my old townhouse years ago. The problem is that it'd take me 3 months worth of weekends to do it and I know I'd start saying to myself "this is good enough" as the impatience sets in. I'd rather pay to have it done right the first time and in a reasonable timeframe.

And no, I'm not going to get an illegal to do it, although I bet they could do it in 2 days for about $400 plus materials.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Landscaper/Patio Builder Recommendation
Posted by: Thurston Moore ()
Date: August 31, 2009 01:27AM

If you get the Sun Gazette, there's this lady who always has an ad on the first page with her photo and a rambling "article" as part of her ad. Renny Martin, I believe.

Her landscaping/landscape architecture company does that sort of thing. I know she does a lot of work in the Vienna area. She's an established business that has been around for years. She may be a bit overpriced, but I don't really have anything to base that on.

EDIT: not the first page, it's I guess technically page three. it's the half-page ad that spans the right half of the page. You can't miss it.

SECOND EDIT: I went to throw a beer bottle in the recycling in the garage and last week's Sun Gazette was on the top of the paper pile. Her company's name is Everbloom, and the number is 703 648 1461 (People in Vienna seem to like her.)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/31/2009 01:38AM by Thurston Moore.

Posted by: bloody blisters ()
Date: August 31, 2009 02:01AM

how cute, you recycle.

Posted by: John McCraith ()
Date: August 12, 2010 12:44PM

Her real name is Irene Mendez and doesn’t have any formal education and 05/20/2008 she was arrested for Stalking and Trespassing. She is Loco and after having work done from her no one likes her. Stay away from loco.

Posted by: lina ()
Date: January 29, 2011 08:59PM

Didn't know she was arrested. She seem to work on big houses, McMansions. Not sure of her quality because I've never used her. Talked to her once, somewhat unrealistic. Be sure to get more than one bid on a project

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.