HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
dojo master posts old video from 80s of his student beating mentally ill man to unconsciosness
Date: August 21, 2009 03:46PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: dojo master posts old video from 80s of his student beating mentally ill man to unconsciosness
Posted by: Johnny Walker ()
Date: August 21, 2009 04:05PM

Yeah I saw this yesterday. It has what sounds like a brutal death rattle at the end. The instructor is claiming the guy's still alive but rumor has it he was found in a dumpster out back. Also, this supposedly happened in the DC area. There's a bunch of Internet detecting going on about this.

Re: dojo master posts old video from 80s of his student beating mentally ill man to unconsciosness
Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: August 21, 2009 04:17PM

That's pretty horrifying. I wish I wouldn't have watched it.

Posted by: wow ()
Date: August 21, 2009 04:17PM

Ive seen a lot of fight videos and people getting the snot beat out of them but this is one of the more vicious. While the disabled guy seemed more than capable or defending himself, he obviously did not want to fight. Also, there is no reason to pound someones head into the concrete after they are already unconscious. Guy could very easily be dead by blunt force trauma. Now going to research to see what the good people of the internet are digging up, some 25 years later.

Date: August 21, 2009 04:21PM

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=88535

Instructor's name is Bobby Joe Blythe. His dojo is in Dumphries.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/21/2009 04:22PM by Johnny Walker.

Posted by: wow ()
Date: August 21, 2009 04:21PM

okay...some quick research reveals that 4ch@n is already on the case. i think its safe to assume Bobby Joe Blyth will get his one way or the other. Now I can resume my Friday afternoon not quite so traumatized.

Posted by: bloody blisters ()
Date: August 21, 2009 04:34PM

the only way i could tell which one was mentally handicapped was by the end of the video. at first i kept saying alright which one is retarded? they all fit the bill. the part that grossed me out was when the dojo master said "alright drag him out the back door" and they caught that all on film and then posted it like he was proud of beating the shit out of that guy. it is very possible that guy is dead, getting his head stomped on, he would have needed medical attention right away.

Posted by: 4:53 ()
Date: August 21, 2009 04:55PM

for anyone interested, you can watch the drama unfold real time in this other thread http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=88535&page=61

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: August 21, 2009 05:00PM

what i dont understand is why, why do something as brutal as this? what was worse was that it seemed like they had expected him to be near death as they were coordinated in dragging him out the back, a sign that this wasnt the first time they had done this exact thing.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Date: August 21, 2009 05:11PM

and everyone just stood around watching. even the tin man, if he only had a brain

Posted by: asdfk ()
Date: August 21, 2009 05:18PM

Gravis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> what i dont understand is why, why do something as
> brutal as this? what was worse was that it seemed
> like they had expected him to be near death as
> they were coordinated in dragging him out the
> back, a sign that this wasnt the first time they
> had done this exact thing.

After spending some time on that Bullshido thread (pretty engrossing btw, should have left work 16 mins ago) it seems it was somewhat of a common occurence for Blyth to "punch out" those who entered his Dojo and refused to bow or not show "respect" (e.g. the disabled guy).

The internet has gotten a hold of everyones information and is totally pwning the living shit out of the peoples families some 25 years later...lol

people saying the LE may have even been filming the incident (as they were students, possibly) which of course leads you to believe there was some sort of coverup after it happended

per those defending the black blackbelt who issues the beating, there is speculation the disabled guy has been a nuissance in the area and possibly threatended the black black belts son the same day (hence his animosity and brutality towards a lifeless disabled person)

Posted by: Melissa ()
Date: August 21, 2009 05:24PM

Holy fuck! That was horrible. I don't understand the point of stomping on his head. I mean, that guy was horrible, and it is obvious the victim was in severe distress. This definitely deserves criminal charges.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Being vague is almost as fun as that other thing.

Posted by: Harry Tuttle ()
Date: August 21, 2009 05:31PM

I went from being slightly amused to being shocked to being extremely angry to being deeply saddened. Now I am oscillating between the last two. There was absolutely no need for the knee to the head or for the stomp on the neck. I think the black belt was embarrassed that he fell to the ground during this bout.

I would be very surprised if the red belt survived that. I only hope for the worst for everyone involved in this horrific display of cowardice.

Posted by: eesh ()
Date: August 21, 2009 05:32PM

As Gravis said, the way they were all nonchalant about the whole episode shows this wasn't their first time.

Plus, the guy was already on the ground and was not fighting back. Kicking him on the head was purely sadistic and wanton.

Posted by: MrMephisto ()
Date: August 21, 2009 05:35PM

So wait, this guy makes the video in 1984, and just posted it on his website now?

--------------------------------------------------------------
13 4826 0948 82695 25847. Yes.

Date: August 21, 2009 05:45PM

Is there a statute of limitations? Can legal action be taken?

Posted by: ITRADE ()
Date: August 21, 2009 05:59PM

No statute of limitations on murder (first degree)...

Different levels of homicide may have limitations.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/21/2009 06:06PM by ITRADE.

Posted by: Warhawk ()
Date: August 21, 2009 06:08PM

As someone who: 1. took some martial arts back in the day, 2. whose daughter loves nothing more than to partake in learning martial arts, and 3. Is considering getting back into it, I'm thoroughly disgusted by what I just saw. That is not what learning martial arts is about, in any way, shape or form.

When you spar, you don't stomp on people's heads. I'm not even sure you would do that in a self defense situation.

Disgusting. I'll see tomorrow if my daughter's master knows about this Bobby Joe Blythe guy. My daughter's teacher would whip that dude's ass in about 30 seconds.

By the way, the guy who got fucked up - he knew some real stuff, he wasn't some drunk wino imitating Bruce Lee. I think he was probably was more of a green or blue belt - but not a black belt.

Posted by: Vince(1) ()
Date: August 21, 2009 07:26PM

I think the motivation for all this is similar to most FFXU postings...

Registered Voter...a Big talking coward..big man on FFXU...little man in life.

Date: August 21, 2009 07:53PM

If this is legit and it was a mentally ill man, I can't fathom how anyone could think this was okay. Fucking monsters.

Date: August 21, 2009 09:07PM

this guy is apparently from the area. how is this not in the mainstream news?

Date: August 21, 2009 09:09PM

they guy was obviously off his rocker. he was saying jesus was his master and other random things. this dojo "master" needs jail time. he apparently posted this to his personal youtube account and then it made its way around the internetz

Date: August 21, 2009 09:30PM

http://www.myspace.com/467615801

i think this is him. looks like hes in california now

Bobby Joe Blythe

Address:
989 Robin Court
Hanford, CA 93230

Home: 559-584-9315
Fax: 559-584-2005
Cell: 559-381-3617

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/21/2009 09:33PM by un-fairfax aboveground.

Date: August 21, 2009 09:35PM

we should all call him and say what the fuck... someone should call first just to confirm it is him.

Posted by: ThePackLeader ()
Date: August 22, 2009 01:13AM

I was viewing this video on a forum with a lot of MIL/LEO personnel, and a few have already reported it to the FBI, DC Police, and other departments. As a matter of fact, one guy's wife is a Marine, and on base she works for a Colonel. She reported it to him before even finishing the video, as the "Dojo Master" claims to be a Marine.

Also, as a side note, that supposed "Black Belt" is pathetic not only for his actions, but he was also knocked on his rear by a supposed "Street Bum". His moves were sloppy, and he was very inefficient. As for the "Bum", he obviously does know some Martial Arts, and if he had put conviction into his hits, he would've done that "Black Belt" in. He apparently did not wish to fight however, and given the nature of his hits, I would say his actions held true to his words. This was nothing more than some overgrown bully picking on a very easy-going, pacifist type individual. My old Sensei would've dropped the "Dojo Master" and his "Black Belt" student in mere seconds, and they might not recover for a very long time either.

Posted by: Thurston Moore ()
Date: August 22, 2009 01:42AM

I'm pretty sure stomping on a person's head is attempted murder.

The rapid labored breathing afterward shows that he was suffering from severe trauma.

Everyone in that room deserves to spend a long stretch in prison.

Posted by: ?? ()
Date: August 22, 2009 01:45AM

Is that you in the video, Thurston?

Posted by: Kenny_Powers ()
Date: August 22, 2009 01:49AM

wow that really fucked up my night... one of the more depressing things ive seen in a while.

Date: August 22, 2009 02:03AM

Kenny_Powers Wrote:
> wow that really fucked up my night... one of the
> more depressing things ive seen in a while.

No shit.

I hope this Bobby Joe Blythe loser gets put away for a long long time, and hopefully they can track down everyone else who was in that room that day, and send them away for a while, too.

None of them have any right to breathe our air.

Posted by: Kenny_Powers ()
Date: August 22, 2009 02:08AM

i think we need an army of mentally handicapped ninja assassins to teach this dick a lesson.

Posted by: Stinkfist ()
Date: August 22, 2009 03:51AM

this is revolting. They obvi know he's not with it. I was surprised he lasted so long. Others stepped in way too late. Has this been investigated?

Posted by: Warhawk ()
Date: August 22, 2009 08:30AM

ThePackLeader Wrote:

> Also, as a side note, that supposed "Black Belt"
> is pathetic not only for his actions, but he was
> also knocked on his rear by a supposed "Street
> Bum". His moves were sloppy, and he was very
> inefficient. As for the "Bum", he obviously does
> know some Martial Arts, and if he had put
> conviction into his hits, he would've done that
> "Black Belt" in.

I was thinking the same thing. That "bum" had crisper moves than that "black belt" and could have really done some damage if he wanted to.

It was clear the "bum" didn't want to fight. I guess the Dojo Master fancied himself as the leader of some sort of thug dojo like Cobra Kai.

Date: August 22, 2009 09:07AM

I don't know about the statues of limitations thing. I have a hard time believing the guy survived it with that head injury. I would imagine he would have needed medical attention. If they dragged him into an alley and left him and he died from his injuries, I would think you would get some conspiracy charges that could bring it up to First Degree murder.

As a mentally disabled individual, the actions of these guys would, today, justify a Federal investigation under ADA and Civil Rights law. But I don't know what was in place in 1984 when this happened, so I don't know what role the Feds could play. If those guys were active duty Marines or Marine reservists, the military code might come into play. Also, if there was evidence that the mentally disabled guy was being held against his will, kidnapping charges, which are a Federal offense, might come into play.

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: August 22, 2009 03:15PM

It's getting news coverage

Posted by: ThePackLeader ()
Date: August 22, 2009 03:24PM

WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
> I don't know about the statues of limitations
> thing. I have a hard time believing the guy
> survived it with that head injury. I would imagine
> he would have needed medical attention. If they
> dragged him into an alley and left him and he died
> from his injuries, I would think you would get
> some conspiracy charges that could bring it up to
> First Degree murder.
>
> As a mentally disabled individual, the actions of
> these guys would, today, justify a Federal
> investigation under ADA and Civil Rights law. But
> I don't know what was in place in 1984 when this
> happened, so I don't know what role the Feds could
> play. If those guys were active duty Marines or
> Marine reservists, the military code might come
> into play. Also, if there was evidence that the
> mentally disabled guy was being held against his
> will, kidnapping charges, which are a Federal
> offense, might come into play.

There is NO Statute of Limitations on crimes of Murder, Rape, Attempted Murder, and so on.

Date: August 22, 2009 03:54PM

"Crime or hoax?"!? Hollywood movies don't even have violence that realistic. There is no question that there was a real beat-down involved. The only question is whether that man is "Mentally challenged" or not and I don't think that is a very important detail.

Anyone see any signs of that video clip being a "hoax"?

TheMeeper Wrote:
> It's getting news coverage
>
>

Date: August 22, 2009 04:07PM

wow Wrote:
> okay...some quick research reveals that 4ch@n is
> already on the case. i think its safe to assume
> Bobby Joe Blyth will get his one way or the other.
> Now I can resume my Friday afternoon not quite so
> traumatized.

If they can do it for a cat, they can do it for this guy.

Posted by: Snapple ()
Date: August 22, 2009 07:16PM

It's not clear to me that the man is "mentally challenged." It seems like that news station is just repeating stuff from the description on LIveleak. He may be some sort of martial-arts crackpot, but they make it sound like he has Down Syndrome or something.

Date: August 22, 2009 07:20PM

Snapple Wrote:
> It's not clear to me that the man is "mentally
> challenged." It seems like that news station is
> just repeating stuff from the description on
> LIveleak. He may be some sort of martial-arts
> crackpot, but they make it sound like he has Down
> Syndrome or something.

I was thinking that, too.

Posted by: HungryHowie ()
Date: August 22, 2009 08:24PM

There is a 99% chance he is dead, unless there were paramedics and doctors immediately available. But in the mid 1980's, traumatic brain injury wasn't too sophisticated, nor is it now. When your brain suffers that kind of injury, it swells up and pushes out the base of the skull (herniation.) This is because the skull is a hard-cased container, and cannot expand to accommodate a swollen brain. Before and while that happens, it causes an irregular/absent respiration rate. Because of the decreased oxygen intake, the heart is next to suffer. Shortly, the heart will stop, and the brain is rendered even more useless. Death.
Unless this man was intubated, had his skull drilled to relieve his insane intracranial pressure, and had jesus doing overtime miracles, this man could not have survived this by "sleeping it over" in the back alley.

Date: August 22, 2009 10:19PM

This is reportedly the description Bobby Joe Blythe posted along with the video on Youtube:

This dummy was in my shopping center while I was on a Bodyguard Job in Washington, DC. This guy was in the Pizza Hut eating pizza off the plates of others and the Pizza Hut Manager ran him out with a pistol. Later the very same day, police officers were called to remove him from a nearby pharmacy after having been caught reaching into customer's purses. A short time after that, he visited a Napa Auto Parts store next to my Karate Dojo and told the management he planned on teaching in that Dojo and that Jesus taught him.

The Napa guys told him he was confused (their polite way of warning the man against such action), but not wanting to miss a show, they told the man they would close early just to watch and that he must not know the owner, which is nobody to play with.. Needless to say, the police pulled him out of the dumpster behind my Karate Dojo where he was neatly placed. Semper Fi to all my Marine brothers. The karate student in the white is also a Marine Sgt. and a brand new Black Belt. Never get stupid with a Marine, you could get jacked up and have your clock stopped.

Date: August 23, 2009 01:00AM

may the justice system show them as much mercy on they have shown in the video.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: Alias ()
Date: August 23, 2009 01:12AM

m

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2012 11:24AM by Alias.

Date: August 23, 2009 01:17AM

Gravis Wrote:
> may the justice system show them as much mercy on
> they have shown in the video.

Meh. I'm sort of hoping that the two principle suspects do not survive long enough to see the justice system.

I think a multiple skull fracture, with the same respiratory distress, then being gently placed in a dumpster is the only real justice.

Date: August 23, 2009 01:18AM

i hope they live forever with the guilt of killing somebody

Date: August 23, 2009 01:23AM

bloody blisters Wrote:
> i hope they live forever with the guilt of killing
> somebody

clearly from the youtube post, they have no guilt about it.

Date: August 23, 2009 01:25AM

maybe in their eternal life they will learn that what they did was severely wrong and that they will be raped in hell by the jonas brothers

Date: August 23, 2009 01:32AM

Gravis Wrote:
> bloody blisters Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > i hope they live forever with the guilt of
> killing
> > somebody
>
> clearly from the youtube post, they have no guilt
> about it.

Fuck, the little mongoloid loser "sensei" Bobby Joe Blythe is actually proud of it.

He thinks he saved the world from someone who was eating leftover slices of pizza at the pizza hut.

There is no "living with the guilt" for genetic cesspools like him. The only thing he deserves is to suffer the exact same fate.

In fact, instead of just throwing him in a dumpster, he should have to suffer the same skull fractures, and then be left untreated but on life support so that he gasps for air and feels the swelling of his brain for a few days before he finally gives up the ghost and departs this world.

He was proud enough about doing this that he posted the video on Youtube, and his description only shows that he thought he was going to get only positive responses for his favor to the world.

The fucker says he is a Marine. I think the Marine Corps should destroy this man, to protect the honor of the Marine Corps.

Date: August 23, 2009 01:36AM

alright alright, from the start of this video he was making fun of this dude. i take back my statement of Bobby Joe Blythe living for eternity and now wish he rots in a dark alley with rats eating at his feet.

Edit: to ad ...Bobby Joe Blythe living for....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/23/2009 02:43AM by bloody blisters.

Date: August 23, 2009 12:47PM

Unfortunately, if this story gets enough publicity, some lawyer will take it just for the fame. The lawyer will argue that Bobby Joe Blythe did not order the student to stomp on the guy's head, and is not guilty of murder, and he'll win. At the most, we can expect to see him charged with negligence leading to homicide, accessory to murder, or some other lame charge.

The student at worst would get 2nd degree murder, and whatever lesser charges they can tack on.

Used to be that we could just form a lynch mob and beat these two to death in their own homes for what they'd done. Now, we just express our disdain on the internet.

I fear the future.

Posted by: ITRADE ()
Date: August 23, 2009 05:51PM

If this happened in Virginia, there is NO statute of limitation for murder or manslaughter.

ยง 19.2-8.1. Prosecution for murder or manslaughter; passage of time not a limitation.

A prosecution for murder or manslaughter, whether at common law or under the Code of Virginia, may be instituted regardless of the time elapsed between the act or omission causing the death of the victim and the death of the victim.

Date: August 23, 2009 07:21PM

MrMephisto Wrote:
> Used to be that we could just form a lynch mob and
> beat these two to death in their own homes for
> what they'd done. Now, we just express our
> disdain on the internet.
>
> I fear the future.

well, there is something to be said for due process as lynch mobs have killed plenty of innocent people in the past. in this case however, it's more than an open and shut case, it's a self admitted crime with a video recording of the event. lucky for the guys on the video, we dont allow the type of punishment they have earned.

Date: August 24, 2009 02:11AM

]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2012 12:28AM by Alias.

Date: August 24, 2009 02:53AM

Alias Wrote:
> I have no problem with the killing of those who
> harm the innocent.

Me neither.

I still think they need to be tried in a court, but I hope that the court is reasonable and would quickly determine that the asshole who admits to killing a person and dumping him in a dumpster behind his "dojo" has commited murder.

Then, we need to have a really vindictive executioner. Mr. Blythe didn't earn a lethal injection. He earned some guy stomping on his skull and neck, and then slowly suffering to his death, like he decided a mentally ill guy who ate pizza slices and talked shit at NAPA Auto Parts deserved.

The fucking borderline retard Blythe needs to have his skull crushed and left to die.

Date: August 24, 2009 02:57AM

]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2012 12:27AM by Alias.

Date: August 24, 2009 03:14AM

This isn't salem.

We need to at least appear to be justified when we crush Bobby Joe Blythe's skull and neck and make him suffer the same fate as his victim.

Bobby Joe Blythe didn't give a shit, he thought he was doing society a favor in killing that guy, because he ate leftover pizza and talked to NAPA employees, but we don't have to worry about justifying the murder of a person, we just need to find him guilty, and then that mongoloid fool can enjoy having his skull crushed and his windpipe crushed, and being dumped into a dumpster.

I know that it sounds cruel to do such a thing. I can't imagine that anyone would ever do such a thing.

Date: August 24, 2009 03:33AM

\]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2012 12:25AM by Alias.

Posted by: Gilligun ()
Date: August 24, 2009 07:42PM

Police are investigating.

Date: August 24, 2009 10:01PM

Gilligun Wrote:
> Police are investigating.
>
>

Wow! Thank you for keeping us up to date, Gilligun!
http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/read/40/230142/230505.html#msg-230505

Last Resort Fighting - Watch more Funny Videos

Posted by: Gilligun ()
Date: August 25, 2009 11:45AM

Sorry, Skippur.

Posted by: Les ()
Date: August 27, 2009 10:46AM

Statute of limitations may run from the date the crime was discovered by authorities.

Date: August 28, 2009 01:10AM

Les Wrote:
> Statute of limitations may run from the date the
> crime was discovered by authorities.

No, it runs from the date the crime occurred.

Besides, as the mastermind of the conspiracy to commit murder has stated, the police found the body in the dumpster he had it "gently placed into".

There is obviously some record of a body being found that could match the description of the victim in this video. Obviously there has to be some sort of record at the morgue, unless the cops were complicit in this crime and took the body to some undisclosed location and disposed of it.

Oh, I almost forgot. THERE IS NO LIMITATION ON PROSECUTING MURDER.

Posted by: Spacy ()
Date: September 01, 2009 02:53AM

Thurston Moore Wrote:
> I'm pretty sure stomping on a person's head is
> attempted murder.
>
> The rapid labored breathing afterward shows that
> he was suffering from severe trauma.
>
> Everyone in that room deserves to spend a long
> stretch in prison.

It's been claimed that one of the people in the room was the wife of the chief LEO of Dumfries, and that other police were present and complicit. This would explain why the police (according to the Washington Post) said they happened to see this local vagrant limping around a few days later, but took no action other than to "interview" him and say that he didn't want to press charges.

I would have imagined that the police had a duty to send the guy to a hospital for overnight evaluation for injuries and involuntary commitment (danger to himself, at least), or something. And why no investigation at the time into an obvious assault with a deadly weapon?

What's the statute of limitations on ATTEMPTED murder?

Is the victim still alive today? Could he sue anyone?

What can the military do about dishonerable actions (and crimes) that were (unknown to the authorities at the time) committed by Marines that have already been discharged? Can they be reactived to face a court martial, for example?

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2009 03:53AM by Spacy.

Date: September 01, 2009 03:20AM

The (slow, inept) "black belt" who actually performed the beating is Willie J. Dennis. He was also a United States Marine, like SGT Blythe. Dennis is currently on probation in Florida for aggrevated assault in 2007. You can look him up on Florida's Supervised Population Information Detail, DC# L73333.

I think he was originally only going to maim the untrained homeless schizophrenic, but decided kill him around the point where he got knocked on his ass in front of everyone.

Is it MURDER when you tried to murder the person, and had good reason to believe you killed them, but turned out you didn't quite finish the job?

Seeing the demonstration of Blythe's assistant's skills, it's surprising he was an expert MA trainer for the Marines, local police, and that famous female bodyguard company that put them on the national news shortly before this incident. Can't move, can't kick, jumps on the victim and is screaming "Mother fucker!" while pounding away... A deranged sicko with no skills under the tutelage of another fucked up sicko. Is this representative of the Marines down in Quantico, and the Prince William LEOs?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2009 03:55AM by Spacy.

Date: September 01, 2009 03:29AM

This is reminiscent of the Cobra Kai character in The Karate Kid movie. Sicko dojo owner / sensei who was a United State Marine trainer. I am thinking that they chose to portray that specific stereotype in the movie because it was something they observed many times. What I'm saying is that I bet things like this happen(ed?) often with Marines. And I wonder why that is.

Date: September 01, 2009 03:37AM

Spacy, marines are trained killers.

They only know two modes. Kill. Stand down.

They aren't very bright, so the Marine Corps had to simplify things for them.

Go to any bar in Woodbridge, and you might witness a gang of marines starting fights with black people. Even though half of the marines might be black.

Date: September 01, 2009 03:47AM

One of Blythe's students was Robert Zingg. He went on to become a Special Education teacher. Currently he runs Zingg's Karate Center, 111 West Second Avenue, Suite B,Ranson, West Virginia 25438, phone (304)725-3639.

http://www.zinggskarate.cmasdirect.com/site/view/56301_ShihanRobertZingg.pml
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shihan Robert E. Zingg, 6th Degree Black Belt

Robert E. Zingg is the owner and Chief Instructor of Zingg's Karate Center. Mr. Zingg began his Karate training in 1969 at Quantico Marine Corps Base, Quantico, Virginia, studying Okinawan Isshinryu Karate under the late Gunnery Sgt. Donald Bohan, 6th Degree Black Belt, (later at the time of his death he was ranked as an 8th Degree Black Belt.) Mr. Zingg trained for 2 years under Sensei Bohan until Bohan was transfered to Viet Nam. Mr. Zingg then began his study of Full-Contact Karate in the form of Okinawan Tozan-ryu Shindokan Karate under Sgt. Bobby Joe Blythe, 6th Degree Black Belt.

Shindokan is a rugged form of full-contact karate from Okinawa that utilizes full power kicking, punching and striking techniques during sparring matches and training sessions. At the age of 14 through 17 Mr. Zingg routinely fought daily matches against the other students in the class who were US Marines, more than twice his size. Mr. Zingg trained 7 days a week, 6 hours per day for 17 months to earn his 1st Degree Black Belt in Tozan-ryu Shindokan. In September of 1972 he was promoted to 1st Degree Black Belt and was the youngest student to ever earn a Black Belt in Shindokan at that time. His Shodan test lasted 12 grueling hours without a break.

From 1972 through 1984 Mr. Zingg was the Senior Assistant Instructor at Shihan Blythe's school in Dumfries, Virginia and became the school manager in 1979. In 1984 he moved to Charles Town, West Virginia, where he opened his own school.

Mr. Zingg met Dr. J. Ronald Cherry, Soke of the Shorinji Toraken-ryu Arts and founder of the American Kempo-Karate Association and Kyoshi Ray Ferrell in 1987 and began his training in Shorinji Toraken-ryu shortly thereafter. Mr. Zingg had been impressed by Dr. Cherry's in-depth knowledge of the Martial Arts, his ability to easily defeat and control men more than twice his size, and his friendly, easy going manner. Mr. Zingg first started his training by attending seminars and then soon became a personal student of Dr. Cherry and Kyoshi Ferrell. Mr. Zingg currently teaches the AKKA curriculum in Kempo-Karate, Ju-jutsu, Kobudo, and in Shindokan Karate. He operates his dojo 5 days per week and teaches 3 classes each night.

Mr. Zingg has been a licensed and certified instructor since 1973 and has earned the title of Shihan (Master Instructor, Teacher of Teachers). Mr. Zingg holds a 6th Degree Black Belt in Shorinji Toraken-ryu Karate and a 4th Degree Black Belt in Okinawan Tozan-ryu Karate as well as a 4th Degree Black Belt in Shorinji Toraken-ryu Kobudo (Weapon Arts). Mr. Zingg also has extensive training in Toraken-ryu Ju-jutsu and holds a 1st Degree Black Belt, he also has an Instructor Rating in Unconventional Personal Combat (a style of Military hand-to-hand combat originated and taught by Mr. Zingg's current instructor Dr. J. Ronald Cherry, 10th Degree Black Belt).

Mr. Zingg's spent eight years as a professional bodyguard in Washington, DC. This experience gave him many high-risk opportunities to use his Martial Arts skills in the daily performance of his duties. Mr. Zingg encorporates this experience into the self-defense training aspect of the school, using his unique perspective and insight.

Mr. Zingg also worked for eight years as a physical education teacher in elementary, Jr. High and High school. This experience has helped him to understand and relate to young people in a friendly and non-threatening manner.

Currently, Mr. Zingg is a Special Education Teacher, where he specializes in teens with emotional and behavioral disorders, as well as the mildly mentally impaired

Date: September 01, 2009 03:49AM

Thurston Moore Wrote:
> Spacy, marines are trained killers.
>
> They only know two modes. Kill. Stand down.

I *want* trained killers to defend my country.
It's just that I expect honor, discipline, and intelligence.
I expect psychotic people to be rejected from the corps.

That the other participants in the room were the police also disturbs me no end.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2009 03:51AM by Spacy.

Date: September 01, 2009 04:01AM

Spacy Wrote:
> Thurston Moore Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Spacy, marines are trained killers.
> >
> > They only know two modes. Kill. Stand down.
>
> I *want* trained killers to defend my country.
> It's just that I expect honor, discipline, and
> intelligence.
> I expect psychotic people to be rejected from the
> corps.
>
> That the other participants in the room were the
> police also disturbs me no end.

Well, what you *want* and your expectations are colliding against reality here.

Anytime you find comfort in "the strong arm of the law" or a marine corps trained to be wanton killers, but expect that same force to somehow be applied only against those you feel deserve it, you are asking for trouble. Once you create a force of destruction, there's no stopping it. Marines eventually get discharged, or they move in next door to you, or they end up out of work in some city. They were trained to kill, they were desensitized to violence, never taught how to resolve conflict non-violently and rationally.

They protect us from everything that scares us "out there", but they are "RIGHT HERE" in our neighborhoods, the rest of the time.

I am disturbed by this story. Most people are disturbed by this story.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2009 04:02AM by Thurston Moore.

Date: September 01, 2009 04:23AM

i hope im not cock blocking you (TM). but i hate how just because someone is in the marine corps they think they are above the law. most marines i know are always looking for a fight and they think they can get away with it because they are marines. if they're not on active duty then they are a civilian, but not to them. the marine card gets pulled way too much

Posted by: TefD187 ()
Date: September 01, 2009 12:30PM

I apprecaite what they do for our country, but Marines are fucking idiots. Do not ever go out drinking with marines. There MO is "We dont know how to talk to women, so we are gonna start a fight up in here." The marine corp should really train these fine young warriors in the art of conversation. Like it was said in Generation kill, "it all boils down to pussy"

Date: September 01, 2009 12:35PM

TefD187 Wrote:
> I apprecaite what they do for our country, but
> Marines are fucking idiots. Do not ever go out
> drinking with marines. There MO is "We dont know
> how to talk to women, so we are gonna start a
> fight up in here." The marine corp should really
> train these fine young warriors in the art of
> conversation. Like it was said in Generation kill,
> "it all boils down to pussy"

You are a fucking idiot.

Blessed are the murderous.

Posted by: Bob in VA ()
Date: September 01, 2009 12:59PM

This dojo makes the Cobra Kai looks like a sewing circle. This guy Blythe needs some serious attitude adjustment in the form of a gang rape by 10-20 large black men.

Date: September 01, 2009 01:18PM

eesh did your marine vagine get some sand in it?

Date: September 01, 2009 01:20PM

TefD187 Wrote:
> eesh did your marine vagine get some sand in it?

Again, you are a fucking idiot.

Blessed are the murderous.

Date: September 01, 2009 01:25PM

you have a very extensive vocabulary.your right side of the brain is just in overgear.

Date: September 01, 2009 02:20PM

Spacy Wrote:
> One of Blythe's students was Robert Zingg

See the other thread http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/read/2/230227.html on the forum for Mr. Zingg's response.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2009 02:23PM by Spacy.

Posted by: B. James ()
Date: September 17, 2009 07:34PM

I, like most any other normal human, am sickened by the very existance of people like this Bobby Joe Blythe. However, the sad truth is that it is he who is mentally ill. He simply must be one of the sociopathic 4% of the population. I, like everyone else, would like to see a bad storm blow into his life. But in truth whatever harm comes his way, I can assure you he will have no greater understanding of justice or of the wrongs that he has done. He will decide inside of himself, rather, how injust the world is to allow for him to be penalized for doing what he views as a service. Naturally I feel like any justice that comes to him could not be great enough in duration. However, a swift bullet is likely the best medicine for a cancer like this. That said, the best that the public can do is to shun him, piss on his door when you have a chance, shout obsenities at him when he is seen in public, give him a prank phone call whenever you find yourself drunk at 2:00 A.M., and plague him with random acts of vandalism.

Date: September 17, 2009 08:01PM

B. James Wrote:
> I, like most any other normal human, am sickened
> by the very existance of people like this Bobby
> Joe Blythe. However, the sad truth is that it is
> he who is mentally ill. He simply must be one of
> the sociopathic 4% of the population. I, like
> everyone else, would like to see a bad storm blow
> into his life. But in truth whatever harm comes
> his way, I can assure you he will have no greater
> understanding of justice or of the wrongs that he
> has done. He will decide inside of himself,
> rather, how injust the world is to allow for him
> to be penalized for doing what he views as a
> service. Naturally I feel like any justice that
> comes to him could not be great enough in
> duration. However, a swift bullet is likely the
> best medicine for a cancer like this. That said,
> the best that the public can do is to shun him,
> piss on his door when you have a chance, shout
> obsenities at him when he is seen in public, give
> him a prank phone call whenever you find yourself
> drunk at 2:00 A.M., and plague him with random
> acts of vandalism.

i have given up on mankind and it's particularly these individuals that have contributed to this the most.

there is no way to reform true psychopaths (people who literally have no conscience) so the only way to protect people is to execute them because they are an eminent threat to everyone.

sociopaths should be put in a society of their own making, like a penal colony and not an institution like a jail. show them how to farm and give them access to information and machinery (upon request) on how to further build their society but no direct access to the outside world (for our safety). i get the feeling they would end up like china.

Date: September 17, 2009 08:08PM

I always thought the "Escape from New York" style prison colonies were a good idea. I see no need to distinguish between true psychopath and sociopath, though... Just throw them all together in Manhattan.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.