HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Riddle Me This
Date: August 19, 2009 03:01PM

What would the reaction be if a guy carrying an assault weapon showed up at a Rush Limbaugh speech. Would hotel security let him in? Would it be a news story? If security didn't let him in, would that mean Rush Limbaugh hates America?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Riddle Me This
Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: August 19, 2009 03:08PM

WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> What would the reaction be if a guy carrying an assault weapon showed up at a Rush Limbaugh speech. Would hotel security let him in? Would it be a news story? If security didn't let him in, would that mean Rush Limbaugh hates America?

That's the point I brought up yesterday. If some guy that looked like Snoop Dogg showed up with a handgun at a Limbaugh speech, right-wing looneys would be shouting up a storm about black panther radicals, Ayers, etc.

Posted by: Steve ()
Date: August 19, 2009 03:15PM

Afraid of Rush are you?:)

Posted by: ยง ()
Date: August 19, 2009 03:59PM

I'm afraid he'll take all the oxycontin off the market and the effect will be that the demand side will be so great, that the supply side will hike prices to astronomical proportions.

They need to insert a rider in the reform bill about this very important detail.

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: August 19, 2009 04:18PM

WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
> What would the reaction be if a guy carrying an
> assault weapon showed up at a Rush Limbaugh
> speech. Would hotel security let him in?

that depends on if the hotel security is democrat or not. ;)

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: Registered Voter ()
Date: August 19, 2009 05:49PM

Likely the guy showing up at Rush's speech weapon wouldn't be registered. So then he'd be arrested and tossed in jail. (the conspiracy theory answer)

On the other hand, Rush would probably go out and meet with the guy and do an interview on his show asking him why he brought the gun.

On the other hand, no one might notice at all.

On the other hand, maybe the guy would shoot Rush when he comes out.

Who cares. Much like the folks that are showing up at rallies carrying their guns (openly) they would still be kinda dumb to open carry a weapon at a rally, and most likely the police would check them out and deal with it depending on the situation. Just like what happened in all these other rallies.

How about that movie the guy made where Bush was killed by an assassin? I remember that was all the rage a few years ago - did any of you all that disliked Bush think that was a bad idea? Just curious. I mean speaking of hate speech and such.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/19/2009 05:50PM by Registered Voter.

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: August 19, 2009 05:55PM

Registered Voter Wrote:
>
> How about that movie the guy made where Bush was killed by an assassin? I remember that was all the rage a few years ago - did any of you all that disliked Bush think that was a bad idea?

I thought it was terribly irresponsible and found it insulting. No matter how much you dislike an elected leader, it is totally inappropriate to make a film depicting their assassination while they are still in office or relevant to world events.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/19/2009 05:55PM by TheMeeper.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.