HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Are cheap ass walmart tires safe ??
Posted by: broke azz white boy ()
Date: August 14, 2016 01:16PM

I got bald tires on my 04 Taurus. Firestones or goodyears are going to cost about 100 bucks each. Walmart sells a tire made in China for 49 bucks each. I wonder if I will die while driving 80 mph on I-66.

Anybody have experience with Chinese tires?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Are cheap ass walmart tires safe ??
Posted by: Nissan driver ()
Date: August 14, 2016 01:47PM

They are fine but they will cup easily, you absolutely need to rotate them every 5 or 6 thousand miles. They will not last more than about 20,000 miles and they are actually more expensive in the long run.

They are way more safe than those bald ass Michelin's that your Dad put on that piece of shit car before he gave it to you so you can get to your job at dunkin donuts. He really wants you to save some money and move out of his basement.

Posted by: F7NHb ()
Date: August 14, 2016 01:54PM

Look closely at the sidewalls. You will see the name has been changed from "Maypops".

Your tires are your lifeline to the road. Don't go cheap there.

Posted by: PUcbC ()
Date: August 14, 2016 02:03PM

READ THE LABEL ITS CORRECT

Posted by: DecPp ()
Date: August 14, 2016 02:05PM

the truth on tires is that some tread patters cup (and then rapidly wear down due to cupping) much easier than others (ie, due to slight mis-alignment)

the don't put that on the lablel, and information on it isn't particularly easy to find or consume

Posted by: L7mu3 ()
Date: August 14, 2016 02:07PM

the FTA in past decade or so approved tired with 1/2 the inside rubber wall as previous

that means tires cannot any longer be "patched" safely, ONLY PLUGGED (only for smaller nails)

Posted by: YPTwc ()
Date: August 14, 2016 02:09PM

"excellent tires" rapidly wear if you (ie hit a curb) and alignment is wrong for some miles before knowing about it

"excellent tires" are ususally excellent to drive on but how long they really last under "typical dumbass owners" varies widely between tread style and brand

the label is still safe to go by rather then spending days reading about it

Posted by: Forum Assistant ()
Date: August 14, 2016 02:10PM

Hey OP, moron: this does not belong in Off Topic. Please repost this in the Chinese Tire section / Mike Omeara Show thread.

Posted by: Automotive expert ()
Date: August 14, 2016 02:16PM

The tires from China are just fine. They are usually less than half the cost of American tires. They will not last as long but you would expect that for the bargain price.
I have a old pick-up that I rarely drive and have had Chinese tires on it for years with no problems. I buy Bridgestone tires for my daily drivers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoZv1JqB9aU

Posted by: Don't do it. ()
Date: August 14, 2016 02:23PM

I don't know about wal-Mart brand tires. But I bought $25 per tire deal from Pep boys years ago. And I will say say this...When I tried to turn the wheel, the car did not.

Posted by: Trump supporter ()
Date: August 14, 2016 02:36PM

I never buy American tires or cars. I support Donald Trump which means that I hate America and all American products except for moon pies and RC cola!

Posted by: dental damsel ()
Date: August 14, 2016 03:07PM

Trump supporter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I never buy American tires or cars. I support
> Donald Trump which means that I hate America and
> all American products except for moon pies and RC
> cola!

You may want to buy a new tooth brush.

Posted by: Tire expert ()
Date: December 25, 2016 12:32PM

Tires from China are not as good as tires from South Korea. American tires are okay but too expensive. Stick with South Korean tires.

Posted by: hector ()
Date: December 25, 2016 01:18PM

Senor i half some good tire used por cheap. Come to el casa depot en el woodprige at el parking lot

Hector

Posted by: they are fine ()
Date: December 25, 2016 01:33PM

You drive an 04 Taurus, the tires will be the least of your problems.

Posted by: kyle5 ()
Date: December 25, 2016 01:43PM

I had one go flat on me after 600 miles but walmart replaced it under warranty.
Attachments:
tire_blowout.jpg

Posted by: toe jamb driver ()
Date: February 09, 2017 05:24PM

I just got some S Korean tires. Saved me 200 bucks on the set. One thing Americans cannot make is a good tire.

Posted by: Framusroggins ()
Date: February 09, 2017 09:44PM

No, the Chinese tires are NFG, din't buy 'em.. The brand name isn't "MAYPOP" it's WILLPOP. Really, don't buy 'em. they ain't no good, in fact they suck dead donkey dicks.

Go to the old Olmstead Oldsmobile dealership on Gwee-sonn Boo-lay-barr en Arlington. Ees jahs' pahss' Clarington eef joo go Guess' on Gwee-sonn Boo-lay-barr. It's a tire place now. They have pretty good used tires. The manager there is this older Mexican guy who's pretty nice and he'll help you find good tires for your car

Posted by: priceofaniphone ()
Date: February 09, 2017 09:46PM

Tires are what keep you on the road bro. Dont cheap out on your tires. What will you save 150 bucks on 4??? For 500 bucks you can get top shelf shit installed assuming a sedan. Free lifetime rotations and balance along with road hazard at costco.

Posted by: eGDw3 ()
Date: February 09, 2017 10:17PM

getting an alignment aside (which prevents premature tire wear)

the tires that cup, scalp, or get bumpy the least is a "secret" is mostly due to the tire pattern BY FAR

the tire industry does not inform the public which tire patterns are consumer friendly

get made in the USA. usa Chemical Rubber Company (CRC) (as well as the push west and Ford and the industrial age), made the modern tire what it is. everyone else is just copying the usa and getting jobs. buy asian when it's not practical to buy usa (ie, can't find it or it's too heavy to order or simply not made)

Posted by: eesh ()
Date: February 09, 2017 10:39PM

Just go to Goodyear Gemini and get some Kelly tires.

Posted by: Louie Chevrolet ()
Date: February 09, 2017 11:17PM

Costco usually has either Bridgestone or Michelin on sale.

Posted by: long haul paul ()
Date: February 10, 2017 06:57AM

More and more trucking companies are going with chinese tires for the trailers, they are about the same price as retreads but hold up longer. Some truckers are using them on their tractors too. Many DOT inspectors do not like seeing them but they are perfectly legal. I am starting to believe that Chinese tires are the only way to go but I won't use them on the front wheels that steer the truck.

Posted by: Tired2 ()
Date: September 19, 2017 10:43AM

Tire expert Wrote:
> Tires from China are not as good as tires from
> South Korea. American tires are okay but too
> expensive. Stick with South Korean tires.

Khumo tires made in s korea are better than any tire.

Posted by: Go to Ron's used tires ()
Date: September 19, 2017 12:50PM

They will get you past inspection and fail a day later.

Posted by: Tommy Varlas ()
Date: September 19, 2017 02:03PM

Walmart tires do not have as many standards as brands like Bridgestone and Goodyear.
An expensive Goodyear has more than 10 quality checkpoints. Walmart doesn't pay for additional third party testing for the complement of what they only test for...
That's why their tires are cheaper.
Sam Walton said if Walmart don't have it, you don't need it.

Also, tire installers are the same knuckle draggers as jiffy lube oil change people.

Costco tire center fucks you in the ass bc you're already spending $300 a week getting fatter with their food!

Research tires and don't get swayed by seeing the Goodyear blimp at football games you faggot

Posted by: Pontiac1. ()
Date: September 19, 2017 02:06PM

Walmart sells some goodyear tires, they are fine for my little car.

Posted by: hehe maypop! ()
Date: September 19, 2017 04:36PM

Posted by: pvbul ()
Date: September 20, 2017 07:19PM

broke azz white boy Wrote:
> I got bald tires on my 04 Taurus. Firestones or
> goodyears are going to cost about 100 bucks each.
> Walmart sells a tire made in China for 49 bucks
> each. I wonder if I will die while driving 80 mph
> on I-66.
>
> Anybody have experience with Chinese tires?

#1 that used to be the price of premium large pickup truck tires, before obama

#2 costco is conspiring with asians to force you into buying asian by giving you only one _reasonable_ choice

#3 don't shop at franchises that have strong ties to asians, and you will see USA tires are the same price as asian tires when model differences are aside

Posted by: Douglas tires ()
Date: September 20, 2017 08:02PM

I went to my old shop and installed non major brand tires today on my small car. I did the bead breaking, removing air valve from stem, carefully aligning hydraulic arm to avoid damaging TPMS sensors, using angle grinder with metal brush to clear off gunk on wheel etc, balanced wheel after removing about 2 ounces of asphalt/aggregate stuck to inside the wheel. After inflating, I used the soap spray to check for leaks and put the wheels in a water bath to look for bubbles.
I'm not NASCAR fast, but I did ALL the correct steps to ensure a safe install.

Sadly, the previous installer(Bjs) somehow failed to remove the sticker-type weights on the wheel BEFORE BALANCING the wheel and tire! Dude probably had a hot date, or worn out from installing a billion tires before mine.

Point being, it took me almost an hour to do two tires the CORRECT way. I took my time and did it right.

Op, You're focusing on tires vs the install.
It's the mounting, balance and install that should receive the bulk of your attention.
Cheapest tires online for my car were "westlakes" at $39, with a paltry 3 reviews. I bought Douglas brand tires(manufactured by Goodyear), for an extra $14 for the pair. These tires had over 300 4.5/5 star reviews. Do your homework and read what others say about your prospective tires.

After I left, the car felt like it just left the dealers lot! Quiet, smooth and straight!
Oh, and you will see a DRASTIC reduction in stopping distance with new tires. Amazing!

Posted by: Driver 2.0 ()
Date: August 19, 2018 01:13PM

I use the Solar 4xs brand tires on both my cars. They are made in China and they are good as hell along with being under 50 bucks each. I never rotate them so when they start to cup at 25,000 to 30,000 I go to Walmart and get another set. It ends up being much cheaper than buying one set of Michelins and trying to run them for 50,000.
The Solars are 48 bucks each while the Michelins are 129 bucks each. Chinese tires are awesome!

Posted by: go ape ()
Date: August 19, 2018 01:42PM

interesting I always buy top of the line Michelins but I have an old Mercedes with 225k Im not sure I want to sink 600 bucks in tires. My current Michelins have plenty of tread but they are 7 years old and cracking on the side. The e320 drives beautifully with the Primacy's on em hate to crap up the ride

Posted by: Driver 2.0 ()
Date: August 19, 2018 04:55PM

go ape Wrote:
> interesting I always buy top of the line Michelins
> but I have an old Mercedes with 225k Im not sure I
> want to sink 600 bucks in tires. My current
> Michelins have plenty of tread but they are 7
> years old and cracking on the side. The e320
> drives beautifully with the Primacy's on em hate
> to crap up the ride

More and more trucking companies are buying Chinese tires and finding out that they are the best bet in the long run. I have had great results with the Solar tires from walmart and I run them on the interstate going between NOVA and Staunton VA twice a week. They are perfect for a older car, you can get all 4 tires replaced for 250 bucks installed. I order them online and Walmart has them in a few days.

Posted by: Brown Onion ()
Date: August 19, 2018 05:17PM

Why on earth would anyone want Chinese tires? No offense but a third world country where safety standards aren't cared about. No thanks. I will not have Mao Se Tungs on my Buick!

Posted by: chinese made buick ()
Date: August 19, 2018 05:31PM

Brown Onion Wrote:
> Why on earth would anyone want Chinese tires? No
> offense but a third world country where safety
> standards aren't cared about. No thanks. I will
> not have Mao Se Tungs on my Buick!

Buick, the first US auto manufacturer to manufacture its cars in China and import to USA - you stupid racist idiot. Why not run yourself over with your car?

Posted by: informationbitch ()
Date: August 19, 2018 05:41PM

CU for what its worth...

"

With prices starting at just $89, less than half the cost of better-known models, tires from China may seem like an irresistible deal. That’s why, for the first time, Consumer Reports included a few Chinese brands in our latest tests: Geostar, Pegasus, and Sunny.

These were included in the recently published the results of testing 20 all-weather and all-season tires for light-duty pickups and SUVs. A fourth brand, from Aeolus, was tested but not reported when we couldn’t find a ready supply of tires for consumers. This supply issue seems to be a problem when buying “off brand” tires, because you don’t know whether the tires will be around for any length of time should you need a replacement.

Tires are a global commodity, and many of the major brand names that Consumer Reports tests are manufactured in China. But those tires are designed and manufactured to quality standards dictated by the original manufacturers. Chinese tire brands don’t have that oversight, and some may not have the marketing foresight to design products well-suited to the specific requirements of the U.S. consumer. While we can’t address specific tire build quality, our all-weather tests show that these tires simply don’t measure-up to most of the well-known brands. The tested tires from Geostar, Sunny, and Pegasus finished at the bottom of our ratings.

(Update: American Pacific Industries (API) told us that the tested Pegasus tire was not produced or distributed by an authorized Pegasus vendor. See note below.)

The Geostar GS716 was the most well-rounded of the three, offering excellent dry braking, very good handling, and average tread life. But wet stopping performance was just average, and snow traction and stopping on ice was only fair. At $114 in our 265/70R17 test size, the Geostar tire might appeal to a cost-conscious buyer. Better known brand-name tires average about $150. The cost savings is attractive, but we’d caution you to not gloss over the performance shortfalls, as the Geostar mustered only an 18th place finish out of 20 models tested. The cheaper Sunny SN3606 ($89) and the unauthorized Pegasus Advanta SUV ($95) came in a dismal 19th and 20th, respectively. These tires stop reasonably well on pavement and offer impressive hydroplaning resistance, but they have poor snow traction and just fair ability to stop on icy roads. Both models have a stiff and noisy ride, plus they wear quickly, too.

Aside from the performance lows, if value is a high priority, consider that the Pegasus cost about half as much as a top-scoring tire, the Michelin LTX M/S2. But keep in mind that the Michelin will last almost three times longer. Factor in the cost of buying two additional sets of tires, plus mounting and balancing, and you could save hundreds of dollars, not to mention get a better all-weather performing tire, if you choose the Michelin.

Certainly if you are on tight budget, and who isn’t nowadays, buying a cheap tire is better than riding on worn-out tires. But as our tests show, buying bargain-priced tires such as these Chinese models isn’t the right choice for the long haul."

Posted by: pay the man ()
Date: August 19, 2018 05:56PM

end of the day you only save 200-300 bucks driving on cheap tires - one ding in your car from sliding on snow, ice or wet roads and you burn up the savings. Plus your life. Tires are what keep you the road.

Date: August 19, 2018 09:03PM

chinese made buick Wrote:
> Brown Onion Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Why on earth would anyone want Chinese tires?
> No
> > offense but a third world country where safety
> > standards aren't cared about. No thanks. I will
> > not have Mao Se Tungs on my Buick!
>
>
> Buick, the first US auto manufacturer to
> manufacture its cars in China and import to USA -
> you stupid racist idiot. Why not run yourself
> over with your car?

Duh its called globalization Gerry. Slant eyes in China are the #1 buyer of Buicks. And yes time to make the white paint red by bowling for third world savages.

Posted by: the mechanic ()
Date: August 19, 2018 10:50PM

CRC invented tires from chemistry for WWII (or I?), the chemical rubber tire company

today they are also a scientific publisher for chemistry studies

Posted by: the mechanic ()
Date: August 19, 2018 10:54PM

#1 Buy made in the USA !, we're #2 !! and will be #27 if your not careful!

tires are made more cheaply than before, and some of the cheap tires (read the label) are better than the expensive ones

* the tire pattern effects "bad wear" more than anything, but you won't find any information on this anywhere except maybe an NTSB report that's been burried 6ft under. the old pattern you saw in the 80's is the best for wear and offers good but not best traction.

* THE WALL THICKNESS on all tires you'll see shopping are thinner, they are less repairable, infact repairing them with a patch can be dangerous they are so thin (there is an NTSB advisory admitting this)

Posted by: f6d94 ()
Date: August 19, 2018 10:55PM

buy made in the usa, go by the label (A, B, C), don't pay allot since you have absolutely no way of knowing if your paying to get less or more

Posted by: Xzds3 ()
Date: August 19, 2018 11:05PM

Tire expert Wrote:
> Tires from China are not as good as tires from
> South Korea. American tires are okay but too
> expensive. Stick with South Korean tires.

Trump would be proud of that statement he has millions invested in south Korea. You are just making him richer

Posted by: So who's the dumbshit ()
Date: August 20, 2018 01:34AM

Driver 2.0 Wrote:
> I use the Solar 4xs brand tires on both my cars.
> They are made in China and they are good as hell
> along with being under 50 bucks each. I never
> rotate them so when they start to cup at 25,000 to
> 30,000 I go to Walmart and get another set. It
> ends up being much cheaper than buying one set of
> Michelins and trying to run them for 50,000.
> The Solars are 48 bucks each while the Michelins
> are 129 bucks each. Chinese tires are awesome!

.....who revived an old thread like this useless one?

Posted by: Walmart tires ()
Date: August 20, 2018 03:38AM

A tires plus guy said that Walmart tires have maybe 5 quality checks versus 20+ for brand name tires like Goodyear.

That’s why similar tires are priced differently.
I look at lowest price with highest ratings.

Skim the ratings too, so you don’t get 42% of the 5-Star ratings from sellers cousin “Hui Meng”

Very happy getting $43 Chinese tires for my corolla.
Plus, I think those that pay more than $100/tire are doors!
The “buy 3 get 1 free” ads are bullshit too!
I would rather watch Jose put on my $40 tires than wait all day for some chump at Costco to do the same thing for way more $$$$$!

Also, if you hit a pothole with your $150 bridgestones, you gunna be out $150 for another one!
Also, you better hope your car is perfectly aligned w those $150 tires too!

Posted by: Verified Green Onion_. ()
Date: August 20, 2018 10:49AM

Brown Onion Wrote:
> chinese made buick Wrote:
> -----
> > Brown Onion Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Why on earth would anyone want Chinese tires?
> > No
> > > offense but a third world country where
> safety
> > > standards aren't cared about. No thanks. I
> will
> > > not have Mao Se Tungs on my Buick!
> >
> >
> > Buick, the first US auto manufacturer to
> > manufacture its cars in China and import to USA
> -
> > you stupid racist idiot. Why not run yourself
> > over with your car?
>
>
> Duh its called globalization Gerry. Slant eyes in
> China are the #1 buyer of Buicks. And yes time to
> make the white paint red by bowling for third
> world savages.

So you use your Chinese made car to run over Hispanics because they are from another country - what a perfect idiot you are.

Posted by: extra meat ()
Date: August 20, 2018 10:57AM

Walmart tires Wrote:
> A tires plus guy said that Walmart tires have
> maybe 5 quality checks versus 20+ for brand name
> tires like Goodyear.
>
> That’s why similar tires are priced
> differently.
> I look at lowest price with highest ratings.
>
> Skim the ratings too, so you don’t get 42% of
> the 5-Star ratings from sellers cousin “Hui
> Meng”
>
> Very happy getting $43 Chinese tires for my
> corolla.
> Plus, I think those that pay more than $100/tire
> are doors!
> The “buy 3 get 1 free” ads are bullshit too!
> I would rather watch Jose put on my $40 tires than
> wait all day for some chump at Costco to do the
> same thing for way more $$$$$!
>
> Also, if you hit a pothole with your $150
> bridgestones, you gunna be out $150 for another
> one!
> Also, you better hope your car is perfectly
> aligned w those $150 tires too!

1. Costco has road hazard so if you hit the pothole you will be covered for the remaining life on the tire with no cost for install.

2. The cheapest name brand tires with good ratings are 95 bucks plus now.

3. Spending $600 on tires vs. $350 on tires - $200 bucks to have great performance and piece of mind. Im cheap and I drive old ass cars but logic seems to suggest buying the more expensive tires is the way to go here.

4. Few hundred dollars buys you 4 year alignment deal with Merchants. Should have your car aligned annually anyway with the roads here.

Date: August 20, 2018 11:08AM

Verified Green Onion_. Wrote:
> Brown Onion Wrote:
> -----
> > chinese made buick Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Brown Onion Wrote:
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > > -----
> > > > Why on earth would anyone want Chinese
> tires?
> > > No
> > > > offense but a third world country where
> > safety
> > > > standards aren't cared about. No thanks. I
> > will
> > > > not have Mao Se Tungs on my Buick!
> > >
> > >
> > > Buick, the first US auto manufacturer to
> > > manufacture its cars in China and import to
> USA
> > -
> > > you stupid racist idiot. Why not run
> yourself
> > > over with your car?
> >
> >
> > Duh its called globalization Gerry. Slant eyes
> in
> > China are the #1 buyer of Buicks. And yes time
> to
> > make the white paint red by bowling for third
> > world savages.
>
>
> So you use your Chinese made car to run over
> Hispanics because they are from another country -
> what a perfect idiot you are.

No should get a medal for population control.

Posted by: Chevy guy ()
Date: August 21, 2018 05:11AM

I have used cheap ass China tires from Pep Boys or Walmart for over 30 years and never had a problem with them. They are in fact better than American tires.

Posted by: buy american ()
Date: August 21, 2018 08:59AM

Chevy guy Wrote:
> I have used cheap ass China tires from Pep Boys or
> Walmart for over 30 years and never had a problem
> with them. They are in fact better than American
> tires.

better? no. Tires are what keep you on the road. Tires are one of the cheapest expendable items in your car why skimp. expensive tires cost a penny a mile over their life. Cheap tires are 6/10 of a penny per mile. common man

Date: August 24, 2018 09:22AM

buy american Wrote:
> Chevy guy Wrote:
> -----
> > I have used cheap ass China tires from Pep Boys
> or
> > Walmart for over 30 years and never had a
> problem
> > with them. They are in fact better than
> American
> > tires.
>
>
> better? no. Tires are what keep you on the road.
> Tires are one of the cheapest expendable items in
> your car why skimp. expensive tires cost a penny a
> mile over their life. Cheap tires are 6/10 of a
> penny per mile. common man

I can buy two sets of Chinese tires for less than one set of American tires. I end up getting better performance and better safety for far less money. American tires are for stupid people to buy.

Posted by: slim sidewalls ()
Date: August 24, 2018 09:40AM

Chevy guy Wrote:
> buy american Wrote:
> -----
> > Chevy guy Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > I have used cheap ass China tires from Pep
> Boys
> > or
> > > Walmart for over 30 years and never had a
> > problem
> > > with them. They are in fact better than
> > American
> > > tires.
> >
> >
> > better? no. Tires are what keep you on the road.
>
> > Tires are one of the cheapest expendable items
> in
> > your car why skimp. expensive tires cost a penny
> a
> > mile over their life. Cheap tires are 6/10 of
> a
> > penny per mile. common man
>
>
> I can buy two sets of Chinese tires for less than
> one set of American tires. I end up getting better
> performance and better safety for far less money.
> American tires are for stupid people to buy.

No research claim the cheap Chinese tires perform [/i]better[/i] most perform much worse than the best tires especially in wet or snow.

Date: August 24, 2018 09:47AM

slim sidewalls Wrote:
> Chevy guy Wrote:
> -----
> > buy american Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Chevy guy Wrote:
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > > -----
> > > > I have used cheap ass China tires from Pep
> > Boys
> > > or
> > > > Walmart for over 30 years and never had a
> > > problem
> > > > with them. They are in fact better than
> > > American
> > > > tires.
> > >
> > >
> > > better? no. Tires are what keep you on the
> road.
> >
> > > Tires are one of the cheapest expendable
> items
> > in
> > > your car why skimp. expensive tires cost a
> penny
> > a
> > > mile over their life. Cheap tires are 6/10
> of
> > a
> > > penny per mile. common man
> >
> >
> > I can buy two sets of Chinese tires for less
> than
> > one set of American tires. I end up getting
> better
> > performance and better safety for far less
> money.
> > American tires are for stupid people to buy.
>
> No research claim the cheap Chinese tires perform
> [/i]better[/i] most perform much worse than the
> best tires especially in wet or snow.

These 46 dollar tires from Walmart perform just great and they are so cheap I can get a new set after 25000 miles. I ride on newer tread than the dumb shits who overpay for Michilens and shit. I save money and drive safer.
Attachments:
355-ab77-c144e7efbd7a_1.0c155c04f4af31eba6577aa5169a4244.jpeg

Posted by: junk tires ()
Date: August 24, 2018 09:49AM

^saving 4/10 penny per mile to ride chinese crap. Enjoy

Posted by: rip nibblin ()
Date: August 24, 2018 10:20AM

Firestone and Goodyear are the worlds two most deadly tire. Better to Buy Mishelens. No china tires for me except maybe for a spare.

Posted by: Michelin is very persnickety ()
Date: August 24, 2018 11:30AM

Posted by: Kumho Joe ()
Date: August 24, 2018 12:49PM

Americans do not make good tires. Kumho tires made in S Korea are the best tires in the world.

Posted by: sam the butcher ()
Date: August 25, 2018 09:13AM

broke azz white boy Wrote:
> I got bald tires on my 04 Taurus. Firestones or
> goodyears are going to cost about 100 bucks each.
> Walmart sells a tire made in China for 49 bucks
> each. I wonder if I will die while driving 80 mph
> on I-66.
>
> Anybody have experience with Chinese tires?

If you drive beater cars like me the china tires are fine and they are better than used tires. I have two beater cars, got to have two because one is usually busted down or in the shop. Got a 1988 Ford Crown vic and a 2000 corolla. One for comfort and one for economy.

Date: August 25, 2018 09:16AM

Chevy guy Wrote:
> slim sidewalls Wrote:
> -----
> > Chevy guy Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > buy american Wrote:
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > > -----
> > > > Chevy guy Wrote:
> > > >
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > >
> > > > -----
> > > > > I have used cheap ass China tires from
> Pep
> > > Boys
> > > > or
> > > > > Walmart for over 30 years and never had a
> > > > problem
> > > > > with them. They are in fact better than
> > > > American
> > > > > tires.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > better? no. Tires are what keep you on the
> > road.
> > >
> > > > Tires are one of the cheapest expendable
> > items
> > > in
> > > > your car why skimp. expensive tires cost a
> > penny
> > > a
> > > > mile over their life. Cheap tires are 6/10
> > of
> > > a
> > > > penny per mile. common man
> > >
> > >
> > > I can buy two sets of Chinese tires for less
> > than
> > > one set of American tires. I end up getting
> > better
> > > performance and better safety for far less
> > money.
> > > American tires are for stupid people to buy.
> >
> > No research claim the cheap Chinese tires
> perform
> > [/i]better[/i] most perform much worse than the
> > best tires especially in wet or snow.
>
>
> These 46 dollar tires from Walmart perform just
> great and they are so cheap I can get a new set
> after 25000 miles. I ride on newer tread than the
> dumb shits who overpay for Michilens and shit. I
> save money and drive safer.

What touches the road on your car? The tires!

They are rather important!

Posted by: Bus garage ()
Date: August 25, 2018 04:14PM

FCPS uses Chinese tires on the school buses after the factory tires wear out. We only use them on the rear though.

Posted by: Tire expert. ()
Date: October 23, 2020 05:35PM

Tires made in China are far better than any American tires. Years ago Americans made great tires but not today.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.