HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Transferring State Registration/Keep License Plate?
Posted by: HungryHowie ()
Date: August 18, 2009 05:58PM

So I'm about to transfer my PA plates to VA and was wondering if I get to keep my license plate? Or how can I keep it? Tell them I lost it?

And what the fuck is for dinner? I'm hungry.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Transferring State Registration/Keep License Plate?
Posted by: -SBS.- ()
Date: August 18, 2009 09:24PM

Just get your new VA plates, then keep the PA plates. If it's like going from MD to VA, officially, you're supposed to return the MD plates, but they don't come looking for them if you don't return them.

Re: Transferring State Registration/Keep License Plate?
Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: August 18, 2009 09:37PM

I drove a PA car into Virginia, and a few days later donated it to a charity in DC (back in the 90s, it may have been to Melwood for all I remember). I didn't take the PA tags off, and a few days later when I called the place, they offered that I should come down to pick up the license plate. And for some lazy reason I never did that. The commonwealth of PA supposedly requires you to return the plates, but, I didn't, and I never heard a peep.

This was in the 90s but I doubt they've changed. You should have no worries.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.