HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
President Obama’s Remarks On the MN and Louisiana Police Shootings [blames racism]
Posted by: Dog Walker1 ()
Date: July 11, 2016 03:46PM

What follows is Obama speaking, on Thursday, about the shootings by police in MN and Louisiana before the massacre of police in Dallas later that day:

I want to begin by expressing my condolences for the families of Alton Sterling and Philando Castile. As I said in the statement that I posted on Facebook, we have seen tragedies like this too many times.

The Justice Department, I know, has opened a civil rights investigation in Baton Rouge. The governor of Minnesota, I understand, is calling for an investigation there as well.

As is my practice, given my institutional role, I can’t comment on the specific facts of each case. And I have confidence (AUDIO GAP).

But what I can say is that all of us as Americans should be troubled by the news. These are not isolated incidents. They are symptomatic of a broader set of racial disparities that exist in our criminal justice system.

. . . [underline and bold emphasis added; snip portion]

Last year, African-Americans were shot by police at more than twice the rate of whites.

. . .

[read the full speech here: http://time.com/4397600/obama-alton-sterling-philando-castile-speech-transcript/]

Did you catch that? Obama "can't comment on the specific facts," but he knows that "they [i.e., the two police shootings of African-Americans] are symptomatic of a broader set of racial disparities."

In other words, in Obama's view, the racist criminal justice system and/or the racist officers in these two cases are at fault in the two police shootings.

Obama can't comment, but then he does.

Bearing in mind that it may take a while before accurate accounts of these cases come out, it is possible that one or both of these cases involve police error or intentional misconduct.

Yet, initial reports are that both of the decedents had guns on them.

Some reports have the Minnesota man as holding a concealed carry permit, but other reports have cast doubt on the story that he held a permit. The police did not stop his vehicle just for having a brake light out on the car. The police observed that light out, but thought that the vehicle might be one that fled an armed robbery. If the police thought that, they might be more paranoid than on a routine traffic stop.

Reports from Louisiana have it that the decedent had several convictions for violent felonies. If true, that man could not legally possess or carry a handgun. There the police were responding to reports that a man with a gun was threatening people and refusing to leave the private property at the front of a business. Again, the police had reason to be more concerned for their safety than at a routine trespassing.

In both of these cases the officers were apparently responding to info from others (radio bolo on the suspect vehicle in MN, 911 call in LA). The officers did not initiate interactions on their own.

Maybe the officers in one or both cases had a reasonable fear for their own lives, thus justifying the use of deadly force? Maybe not, but it is highly irresponsible for Obama to announce that these two incidents "are symptomatic of a broader set of racial disparities that exist in our criminal justice system."

Even if complete investigations show that both of these shootings were justified, Obama believes that the incidents reinforce his "ain't the US racist" view. His conclusion comes before the investigations are even close to complete.

Remember, the "hands up, don't shoot" story about the Fergusson officer killing Michael Brown turned out to be a complete lie. It was such a complete lie that even Obama's highly politicized Justice Dept under Eric Holder could not bring charges against that officer.

The lie of "hands up, don't shoot" has fueled this "hate all police" meme. Now, Obama adds more fuel to the fire.

Racism is real as anyone would appreciate from reading some of the disgusting hate-filled posts on this website. [I always wonder how many of those racist posts are from real racists and how many are from liberals pretending to be racist conservatives in order to repel any thinking person.] Regardless, it's just not right to blame racism for the police shootings without evidence and before investigations are complete.

I don't care if you're BLM or you hate cops because they gave you traffic tickets. Hate cops? Next time you need help CALL A CRACKHEAD!

No reasonable person wants blacks or anyone to be abused or mistreated by the police, but aren't cops entitled to the presumption of innocence that civilians also have? Apparently, Obama doesn't think so.

==========
==========

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice. - John Cassis on manners

Ignoring juvenile attacks and remarks on the internet for over two decades.

Arguing by deflection or name-calling is an admission that you don't have a rational argument.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2016 04:56PM by Dog Walker1.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: President Obama’s Remarks On the MN and Louisiana Police Shootings [blames racism]
Posted by: dobodo ()
Date: July 11, 2016 04:31PM

Whats goin is all president obamas fualt. If I was him id be ashamed at what my people are doin and how theyre acting. He shouldve took office and told his peeps, the first black president has happened, letsshow the world what african americans can do and achieve, that we can prosper and contribute. But instead he doesnt hold his peeps accountable and enables them.

Re: President Obama’s Remarks On the MN and Louisiana Police Shootings [blames racism]
Posted by: pumpkineater69 ()
Date: July 11, 2016 04:45PM

Clearly the chief nigger is working harder every day to bring this country together.

Hope they burn some shit tonight.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.