HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Obama's revealing body language (updated and expanded))
Posted by: interesting ()
Date: August 01, 2009 01:16PM

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2009/07/obamas_revealing_body_language.html

I am stunned that the official White House Blog published this picture and that it is in the public domain. The body language is most revealing.

Sergeant Crowley, the sole class act in this trio, helps the handicapped Professor Gates down the stairs, while Barack Obama, heedless of the infirmities of his friend and fellow victim of self-defined racial profiling, strides ahead on his own. So who is compassionate? And who is so self-involved and arrogant that he is oblivious?

In my own dealings with the wealthy and powerful, I have always found that the way to quickly capture the moral essence of a person is to watch how they treat those who are less powerful. Do they understand that the others are also human beings with feelings? Especially when they think nobody is looking.

Hat tip: Rick Richman

Update from Thomas Lifson:

I think this photo constitutes another major Obama blunder.

As some AT commentators point out, this picture becomes a metaphor for ObamaCare. The elderly are left in the back, with only the kindness of the Crowleys of the world, the stand up guys, to depend on. The government has other priorities.

One of the major subtexts of the health care debate involves the public's fear of indifferent, powerful bureaucrats ruling their lives. It is one thing to wait in line at the DMV to find out which other line you should wait in, in order to begin the process of waiting for multiple bureaucrats to go through the motions of processing your request. I have spent entire afternoons going through this process.

But when we get to health care, waiting often means enduring pain and dysfunction longer than necessary, sometimes a worsening of the condition, and sometimes death.

That's why I think this image will have genuine resonance. It captures something that older Americans in particular can relate to. The President presses ahead with a program that will tell them to take painkillers instead of getting that artificial hip.

At every stage of the entire Gates affair, Obama has provided a revealing tell. The "acted stupidly" blunder revealed that he automatically blames the police and thinks they really are stupid to begin with. It didn't trigger a single alarm bell in his mind as he figured out what to say.

Then, the non-apology apology revealed an arrogant man who cannot do what honest people do: admit it when they make a mistake.

Now at stage three, the beer photo op looked OK. It didn't turn into a disaster.

But then in a small moment that nobody in the White House had the brains to understand, Obama goes and send a body language message like this.

I think he is going to get deeper and deeper into trouble. He is no longer repeating the familiar scripts dreamed up for the campaign. He was a master performer.

But when he goes improv, as a president must do, he lets his true character show. This helps widen the level of doubt that Obama is the same guy a majority voted for. Those doubts can only grow.

Andrew McCarthy has assembled an overwhelming case that Obama has lied about who he is. I predict that more and more Americans will become open to the argument that they have been had by a sophisticated and ruthless effort to foist a phony on America.

Update from Clarice Feldman

A nice comparison of the character of the two most recent presidents. George Bush with Senator Robert Byrd:

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Obama's revealing body language (updated and expanded))
Posted by: More interesting ()
Date: August 01, 2009 01:25PM

Date: August 01, 2009 01:27PM

With signs the recession is ending, evidence that we can soon leave Iraq and indications that Obama's speech on Islam has been far more effective in defeating the Mullahs in Iran than anything Bush ever did, this is the best you guys have? A photo of Obama walking? Ever think that Crowley and Gates were having a personal conversation and Obama was staying out of it? Or the fact that Gates is so handicapped he had just returned from a trip, on his own, from China?

Republicans may have legitimate gripes about spending, taxes and health care. But your fixation on this wacky nonsense totally undermines the party of Ronald Reagan. As long as you are the party of Sarah Palin and Joe the Plumber, you will lose.

Date: August 01, 2009 01:32PM

It always used to irritate me how Dubya would walk ahead of Laura when leaving Marine One. I assumed he did it for security reasons, but maybe he was just a dick.

xin_561201220807695177653.jpgmain.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_it610x.jpg

Posted by: tradition ()
Date: August 01, 2009 01:35PM

It's tradition and cultural that a man walks ahead of a woman. Since when does a woman walk ahead of a man? especially when he is a powerful warlord like Pres. bush?

Date: August 01, 2009 01:35PM

>Republicans may have legitimate gripes about spending, taxes and health care. But your fixation on this wacky nonsense totally undermines the party of Ronald Reagan.<

Of course you will take the rhetorical posture that pointing out defects in Obama's character, such as illustrated by the above picture, is "wacky".

And of course when Bush was in office, Dems attacked on both major and minor issues, constantly.

And this was an effective strategy.

We have learned from you. Thanks.

Obama's approval ratings have dropped faster than those of Carter and Bush II.

Call it wacky, if you wish, but it's working.

(And in the case of the above photo, it's not wacky at all. It's a perfectly legitimate criticism, which you can't rebut on the merits, and so try to marginalize by labeling as "wacky".)

Date: August 01, 2009 01:38PM

Re: W & Laura

Oh that's a great comparison.

Very much to the point - not.

The relevant visual analogy is in the second post.

Obama is an inconsiderate ass.

Posted by: Registered Voter ()
Date: August 01, 2009 02:15PM

The article you referenced is putting WAY too much thought into something that didn't really need it.

Why, if you linked to the article, did you have to post the entire article as well?

WTL - quit stereotyping posters. This statement is pretty lame, even from you:

Republicans may have legitimate gripes about spending, taxes and health care. But your fixation on this wacky nonsense totally undermines the party of Ronald Reagan. As long as you are the party of Sarah Palin and Joe the Plumber, you will lose.

The POSTER had the issue (along with the site he linked from) - that doesn't imply that all folks believe as he does, nor that he is a Republican. Does the fact that Reverend Wright has racist tendencies in his sermons mean that all liberals are racist?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/01/2009 02:16PM by Registered Voter.

Date: August 01, 2009 02:41PM

Registered Voter -

It's not lame when sitting members of Congress refuse to say that Obama was born in the U.S. when they are confronted on the steps of Capitol Hill. It's not lame when Rush Limbaugh makes these kinds of statements and the so-called Republican leadership, from Michael Steele to John Boehner, cowtow to that fat fuck.

The Republican Party is in shambles. It is rudderless and devoid of ideas. As a result, whackjobs like Sarah Palin and Joe the Plumber end up speaking for it. The only thing "lame" here is the Republican Party.

Date: August 01, 2009 02:47PM

Why are you so angry with them? You seem to have some personal issue with the Republicans, and you want to blame Palin and others for your anger. What is up with that?

EDIT: If it were to be found out, for instance, that if the majority of black churches spread stupid messages like the ones Reverend Wright pushed, I can pretty much guarantee that liberals would lose all credibility. Reverend Al and Jesse (self-appointed religious shepherds of black people) already bring so much credibility to the table - Remeber Jackson's "off-camera" moment where he said - what was it...

"See Barack Obama been, um, talking down to black people on his faith based -- want to cut his nuts off," Jackson said

On Thursday's "Good Morning America," Jackson appeared contrite, saying he likes the Illinois senator "very much" but suggested Obama lacks passion in addressing issues that predominantly affect blacks.

"I'm a long-standing supporter [of Obama] and because of my commitment to what he represents and the campaign, I was quick to apologize for any offense or any harm or hurt," Jackson told ABC News "GMA" co-anchor Chris Cuomo.

Concluded Jackson: "That was the context of my private conversation and it does not reflect any disparagement on my part for the historic event in which we are involved or my pride in Senator Barack Obama, who is leading it, whom I have supported by crisscrossing this nation in every level of media and audience from the beginning in absolute terms."

What an idiot.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/01/2009 03:02PM by Registered Voter.

Date: August 01, 2009 02:53PM

>The only thing "lame" here is the Republican Party.<

Orly?

I see two lame people in this photo, but only one of them's an asshole.
Attachments:
TooLame.jpg

Posted by: Vince(1) ()
Date: August 01, 2009 03:04PM

Registered Voter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Why are you so angry with them? You seem to have
> some personal issue with the Republicans, and you
> want to blame Palin and others for your anger.
> What is up with that?
>
> EDIT: If it were to be found out, for instance,
> that if the majority of black churches spread
> stupid messages like the ones Reverend Wright
> pushed, I can pretty much guarantee that liberals
> would lose all credibility. Reverend Al and Jesse
> (self-appointed religious shepherds of black
> people) already bring so much credibility to the
> table - Remeber Jackson's "off-camera" moment
> where he said - what was it...
>
>
> ...
> "See Barack Obama been, um, talking down to black
> people on his faith based -- want to cut his nuts
> off," Jackson said
>
> ...
>
> On Thursday's "Good Morning America," Jackson
> appeared contrite, saying he likes the Illinois
> senator "very much" but suggested Obama lacks
> passion in addressing issues that predominantly
> affect blacks.
>
> "I'm a long-standing supporter and because of my
> commitment to what he represents and the campaign,
> I was quick to apologize for any offense or any
> harm or hurt," Jackson told ABC News "GMA"
> co-anchor Chris Cuomo.
>
>
>
> Concluded Jackson: "That was the context of my
> private conversation and it does not reflect any
> disparagement on my part for the historic event in
> which we are involved or my pride in Senator
> Barack Obama, who is leading it, whom I have
> supported by crisscrossing this nation in every
> level of media and audience from the beginning in
> absolute terms."
>
>
> What an idiot.

"Nice" to see someone other then me getting RVs psyco analysis.

Registered Voter...a Big talking coward..big man on FFXU...little man in life.

Posted by: Genevieve ()
Date: August 01, 2009 03:25PM

I will admit that I haven't read about Professor Gates and therefore don't know about his particular limitations. However, my father uses a cane and that certainly doesn't mean that he needs (or WANTS) help walking down a short flight of stairs.

Date: August 01, 2009 03:28PM

Vince(1) Wrote:

>
> "Nice" to see someone other then me getting RVs
> psyco analysis.

WTL usually has some good points, and makes an attempt to support his thoughts Vince. In his case, I am asking a question because his postings seem to be angry in regards to this issue.

You on the other hand, are just one step shy of spunk at times. You post shit that I am sure you believe, mainly because you are the target market for the news media soundbite - whether it is MSM, or whatever other highly liberal site you ascribe to. Also, you tend to stalk my posts, and post gratuitous BS in response to what I post - without anything other than "you suck!" at the heart of them. So if you want less attention from me (and I am not sure you do) then learn to bite your tongue. Otherwise, make some attempt to actually do some of your own analysis of a situation before you jump into the middle of it with your unsubstantiated commentary.

Posted by: MrMephisto ()
Date: August 01, 2009 03:51PM

Democrats AND republicans can kiss my black ass.

--------------------------------------------------------------
13 4826 0948 82695 25847. Yes.

Date: August 01, 2009 03:54PM

MrMephisto Wrote:
> Democrats AND republicans can kiss my black ass.

Been sitting in the coal bin again? ...

Posted by: Vince(1) ()
Date: August 01, 2009 04:26PM

Registered Voter Wrote:
> Vince(1) Wrote:
>
> >
> > "Nice" to see someone other then me getting RVs
> > psyco analysis.
>
>
> WTL usually has some good points, and makes an
> attempt to support his thoughts Vince. In his
> case, I am asking a question because his postings
> seem to be angry in regards to this issue.
>
> You on the other hand, are just one step shy of
> spunk at times. You post shit that I am sure you
> believe, mainly because you are the target market
> for the news media soundbite - whether it is MSM,
> or whatever other highly liberal site you ascribe
> to. Also, you tend to stalk my posts, and post
> gratuitous BS in response to what I post - without
> anything other than "you suck!" at the heart of
> them. So if you want less attention from me (and I
> am not sure you do) then learn to bite your
> tongue. Otherwise, make some attempt to actually
> do some of your own analysis of a situation before
> you jump into the middle of it with your
> unsubstantiated commentary.

Other then your incessant cutting and pasting you are as knowledgeable on just about anu subject as I am. If I am a sound bite from the left..you are from the right. And I would be more then willing to see who stalks who the most.

And my bet is...most on here merely see us reflections in a mirror.

Registered Voter...a Big talking coward..big man on FFXU...little man in life.

Date: August 01, 2009 07:17PM

Vince, don't flatter yourself. Any mirror you looked in has long since cracked and broken.

You are what I would call, "Mental".

You really are full of shit.

Attachments:
squirrel.jpg

Date: August 01, 2009 07:45PM

Registered Voter Wrote:
> Why are you so angry with them? You seem to have
> some personal issue with the Republicans, and you
> want to blame Palin and others for your anger.
> What is up with that?
>

Most of my friends happen to be Republicans and I really don't associate with the brown flip-flop wearing, latte-drinking, dreadlock-wearing libby/hippie types.

There is a lot about the left that I don't like. For instance, I think Michael Moore is more interested in promoting his own agenda than in revealing the truth. Same goes for Al Gore.

At the same time, I have a real problem with a party that has its roots in common-sense thinking. Thinking like that of Ronald Reagan and George Will and William F. Buckley and Margaret Thatcher, basically selling out to the lowest common denominator...bible waving, redneck fanatics who are one sheet away from burning a cross in some guy's yard...in order to obtain and maintain power. The Democrats realized these people were a cancer back in the 1960s and had sense enough to alienate them with their Civil Rights legislation. The Republicans embraced this so-called "Moral Majority," and the association has become as corrosive as battery acid. Ideas no longer matter. It's a shame.

Date: August 01, 2009 08:00PM

Hmm...

Well, as I said I really have no love for Palin as a candidate. I think Reagan came at a good time because morale in the country was very low, and he really did a lot to boost the "feeling" that the country was moving in the right direction. I know in later years he got smeared with Iran Contra and such, but he had a vision of America that he pretty much stuck with. Sometimes vision is a good thing.

I don't agree much with George Will - he is interesting to read, but he not really mainstream anymore. Buckley was a bit over the top at times too, but same issue.

Common Sense is fine. It doesn't mean going to the lowest common denominator, it means doing what makes sense - period. If the Country is split 50/50 over an issue, leave it alone - do not attempt to legislate it or adjudicate it other than when the issue crosses the lines of existing laws. The main thing is - common sense requires some kind of moral guidance to at least make sure you aren't allowing things to go down the road of Hitler.

If the country had a lot of Satanist religions running around as opposed to Christian, we would have a whole different set of laws on the books.

Posted by: Radiophile ()
Date: August 01, 2009 08:57PM

Bush just likes to hold hands with men.
Attachments:
bush holding hands.jpg

Date: August 01, 2009 10:00PM

>The Democrats realized these people were a cancer back in the 1960s and had sense enough to alienate them with their Civil Rights legislation.<

"Their" 1964 Civil Rights Act was passed with the full bipartisan support of the Republicans - about 80% voted for it in the House and Senate (vs. less than 70% of the Dems in either chamber). And 85% and 97% of the House and Senate Republicans supported the Voting Rights Act (vs. 80% / 74% for the Dems).

If your logic is sound, this voting pattern would have alienated "these people" from both Democrats and Republicans, and not Democrats alone.

The Vietnam war, the liberal cultural revolution of the 60s, the changing economic posture of the South, and a deliberate decision by the Democrats to abandon the blue-collar Catholics who had been loyal to the Party since the time of Al Smith (and who became the Reagan Democrats of the 80s) were the drivers of political change in the 60s and 70s.

While you may have problems with the left - and I have problems with the far right - it appears the Democrats have a problem with social and fiscal conservatives (i.e., Blue Dog Democrats) that may blow up the fragile coalition they've managed to cobble together by the time the next election rolls around.

Enjoy the spoils of victory while ye may; it's pretty to think so, I'm sure, but Obama will no more establish a permanent majority than W did.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.