HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Looks like Sears is in the final death spiral
Posted by: Maytag repairman ()
Date: May 26, 2016 02:47PM

http://money.cnn.com/2016/05/26/investing/sears-kmart-kenmore-craftsman/index.html

The struggling retailer, which also owns equally troubled Kmart, reported a loss of $471 million in the first quarter, worse than a year ago. Sales fell more than 8%.

Sears (SHLD) also announced that it may sell three of its iconic brands -- Kenmore, Craftsman and DieHard. The company said it is looking at strategic alternatives for its Home Services installation and repair businesses as well.
These three brands -- dubbed KCD by the company -- are still well-known and popular.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Looks like Sears is in the final death spiral
Posted by: JDudw ()
Date: May 26, 2016 02:58PM

I got news for you. Kenmore is shit now. I had a Kenmore dryer that lasted 25 years without a glitch with a family of 5. Finally died and bought a new Kenmore 2 years ago. Already broke.

Craftsman tools WERE good but I haven't needed to buy any lately so who knows

Posted by: disastrous corporate mergers ()
Date: May 26, 2016 03:03PM

Kmart merging with Sears was the corporate equivalent of two staggering drunks leaning against each other in the hope they'll be able to walk a straight line down the sidewalk.

Posted by: Herbert Kornfeld ()
Date: May 26, 2016 04:03PM

I find it shocking that either Sears or Kmart still exist.

Posted by: Bill.N. ()
Date: May 26, 2016 04:14PM

Back in the 1970s and 80s I used to order hard to find car parts from Sears specialty catalogs and then pick them up at the local Sears store. When a Kenmore appliance broke I could usually get the part I needed to fix it the same way. I never understood why Sears seemed to abandon this marketing strategy at a time when first catalog and then internet sales seemed to take off. Perhaps they just didn't like carrying the inventory.

Most of my tools are Craftsman, and when I lose one (they never seem to break) I replace them with Craftsman. For appliances I only look at Sears when they have a good sale going on. It isn't a fault with Sears. Now we are down to just a few manufacturers, most of them are overseas and the stuff has electronics with limited lifespans.

Posted by: flush the tpp ()
Date: May 26, 2016 05:13PM

Is it or is it not true that craftsman and maytag outsourced most or all their production and manufacturing stuff years ago? Could be why the Maytag breaks quicker now. It is a damn shame that Kmart and Sears are circling the drain.
I want to support my country by purchasing American made products, but they are so difficult to find!

Posted by: LytTd ()
Date: May 26, 2016 06:25PM

I was raised in a household with all Kenmore appliances and my dad only bought Craftsman tools. Naturally when I grew up, I went the same way. But Kenmore is shit now. I'm sure it's outsourced to low bidder in China.

I have bought a few Craftsman products in the last 3-5 years and they still seem to be good quality stuff. Probably not much longer tho.

Oh and the Craftsman lifetime warranty is/was the real deal. I had a 10 yr old torque wrench fall apart and I took it in and I got a brand new replacement free. That will probably be a thing of the past too.

Posted by: tUwK6 ()
Date: May 26, 2016 09:17PM

The Sears where I live you are hard pressed to find an employee to take your money.

I think someone comes and opens the door in the morning and then leaves.

Posted by: craftsman ()
Date: May 26, 2016 10:07PM

I bought a set of tires for my daughters car. The Chinese valve stems were defective and she drove home late at night on a low tire for her own safety . We live in the middle of no where. There was no puncture and definitely it was a faulty valve stem. I wanted a replacement and they could care less so I haven't stepped in a Sears. It's not even the Sears tower anymore. I guess the Chinese own it.

Posted by: Gerrymanderer2 ()
Date: May 26, 2016 10:41PM

tUwK6 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The Sears where I live you are hard pressed to
> find an employee to take your money.
>
> I think someone comes and opens the door in the
> morning and then leaves.

lol

Posted by: Another One Bites The Dust ()
Date: May 26, 2016 10:52PM

And Its sad, Sears and I go way back into the late 50's when I was a kid. In their day they were packed, especially on weekends. They were Big Stores and you felt that back then, on entering you would be at Grand Central Station at one of the aisle crossroads where the big glas box was, filled with peanuts, mixed nuts, candies, bridge mix, malted milk balls, popcorn..all kinds of goodies, Then on to shopping with everything in the world. There was a huge sports dept, Fishing Rods and reels, Hunting Real long guns Ted Williams rifles, Hi-Standard .22 Long Rifle handguns, power boats and boat motors.
That was my favorite section. Plus all kinds of clothes, shoes, furniture the works.. What happened??

1. Sears had a lock on many buyers years ago with their Sears card, Charge It. That all you had to do with EZ credit. and you could also order from the Sears catalog. As a kid we poured over those Sears Christmas catalogs making out our wish lists. But as time went on the Sears card was not the only one out there, American Express, Visa Master Charge and others appeared and you could use them all over the place, Finally Sears began to take some other credit cards. But that really hurt them as they did not have the Lock on peoples charging it as they once did.

2. They scaled down the Hunting and fishing and then got rid of the guns, Like Hermans Atlas, now Sports Authority they started the slide down the drain.. Gun Grabbers fuck off ..Men like to see a real sporting goods offering, Sears feel in with the PC crowd.. and like Sports Authority good by..

3. They were overly aggressive with their Sears Card, and had ID thieves fuck up long time good customers, I was one, I killed that Sears card paid off the 500 I owed them, and never looked back..as I had called them to report a ID theft and wanted them to lock my account down, They sure did ,a week later sending another Sears card in my name off to ID thieves after telling me I was in good hands.. With Sears..and my Info was safe..B.S..They were so happy to extend credit they fucked up peoples credit with thieves getting their cards with BS lies to them and them not checking jack shit..

In the end what did they have some other place did not at a lower price?? And people are tired of walking into the big malls , plus they can get so many things online. their tools are great another place I'ved loved to go and will greatly miss when there gone..And My Kenmore microwave is still working great and its at least 12 years old now..

DAJAX

Posted by: educated consumer ()
Date: May 27, 2016 05:50AM

JDudw Wrote:
> I got news for you. Kenmore is shit now. I had a
> Kenmore dryer that lasted 25 years without a
> glitch with a family of 5. Finally died and bought
> a new Kenmore 2 years ago. Already broke.
>
> Craftsman tools WERE good but I haven't needed to
> buy any lately so who knows

You do realize that Sears has never built a single appliance don't you? Kenmore is just a tag that hangs on the machines which are usually Whirlpool appliances. And they used to be good until Reagan and Bush fucked up the whole industry.

Posted by: Vexxxed ()
Date: May 27, 2016 06:14AM

educated consumer Wrote:

> You do realize that Sears has never built a single
> appliance don't you? Kenmore is just a tag that
> hangs on the machines which are usually Whirlpool
> appliances. And they used to be good until Reagan
> and Bush fucked up the whole industry.

These days Roper, GE and Frigidaire manufacture Kenmore appliances.

But they've always been built to Kenmore's specs.

Some Chinese tool company has been making Craftsman Tools for a long time but again, to Craftsman's specs.

Johnson Controls makes DieHard batteries. Same deal.

Point being, even if they sell off those brands, they wont get much in return because they weren't making all that much off of the contracted goods to begin with. And now they don't have the capital to start manufacturing those products on their own.

At one point, some of Craftsman tools were made by Singer Sewing Machines.

Remember TRW? At one time they provided everything from automotive crank bearings to computers. The trick was, they never made any of it. They were a giant in the contracting business. They didn't manufacture anything but had it all built and put in a box with their name on it. They went downhill when they started buying up smaller companies and letting them continue under their original names. TRW became irrelevant but people kept buying from the better known smaller companies.

Bottom line is during a time when everyone else was going full bore getting their products online, Sears got involved with KMart which brought nothing special to the table other than a blue light special.

Posted by: v6jUH ()
Date: May 27, 2016 09:47AM

my craftsman mower is still humming after 13 years. runs like a top. The appliances went down the shitter 20 years ago - they all break in 2-5 years.

Posted by: Vote for Donald ()
Date: May 27, 2016 10:04AM

I have a feeling that after Trump brings manufacturing back to the USA we'll start to see these big stores like Sears and Kmart becoming healthier. Right now their selling Chinese-made junk and stuff from countries who pay kids fifty cents a day. Once we get our manufacturing back people will be proud again to shop at Sears, and Kmart, where they can buy things that are American made, by American hands, and keeping our dollars here in our borders where it belongs.

Posted by: Just suggestions ()
Date: May 27, 2016 10:11AM

Vote for Donald Wrote:
> I have a feeling that after Trump brings
> manufacturing back to the USA we'll start to see
> these big stores like Sears and Kmart becoming
> healthier. Right now their selling Chinese-made
> junk and stuff from countries who pay kids fifty
> cents a day. Once we get our manufacturing back
> people will be proud again to shop at Sears, and
> Kmart, where they can buy things that are American
> made, by American hands, and keeping our dollars
> here in our borders where it belongs.

Please explain how little hands will bring back jobs?

Posted by: direct quote ()
Date: May 27, 2016 10:26AM

Just suggestions Wrote:
> Please explain how little hands will bring back
> jobs?

"We're going to bring jobs back to America and we're going to make our country great again."

- Donald Trump, March 28, 2016

Posted by: HOW ()
Date: May 27, 2016 10:27AM

direct quote Wrote:
> Just suggestions Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Please explain how little hands will bring back
> > jobs?
>
>
> "We're going to bring jobs back to America and
> we're going to make our country great again."
>
> - Donald Trump, March 28, 2016

How?

Posted by: Facts: ()
Date: May 27, 2016 10:46AM

HOW Wrote:
> direct quote Wrote:
> -----
> > Just suggestions Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Please explain how little hands will bring
> back
> > > jobs?
> >
> >
> > "We're going to bring jobs back to America and
> > we're going to make our country great again."
> >
> > - Donald Trump, March 28, 2016
>
>
> How?

- he makes great deals
- he knows how to hire top shelf talent
- the politicians in Washington don't know what the hell they're doing
- he's a world class businessman
- he's not afraid to negotiate to get a better deal

Posted by: GwNFy ()
Date: May 27, 2016 12:23PM

HOW Wrote:
> direct quote Wrote:
> -----
> > Just suggestions Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Please explain how little hands will bring
> back
> > > jobs?
> >
> >
> > "We're going to bring jobs back to America and
> > we're going to make our country great again."
> >
> > - Donald Trump, March 28, 2016
>
>
> How?

He is the only possible candidate who can break through the invisible "you can't do that" barrier that establishment types of both parties use to maintain their collective stranglehold on power.

People have been bitching, crying, and moaning about him since he entered the race, but every one of their attacks ends with Trump's beating them with their own weapons. It's like watching an uncle repeatedly knocking his nephew's hand into his nephew's head and saying, "Quit hitting yourself."

Posted by: N3YDw ()
Date: May 27, 2016 10:16PM

> may sell three of its iconic brands -- Kenmore, Craftsman and DieHard

were already made in china patented first by GE

if i have to guess - and i'd have to think i guessed right

Posted by: Why Koreans exist ()
Date: May 28, 2016 09:49AM

If you want good kitchen appliances, go with LG. The Koreans can build reliable shit and cut hair. That's what they're good for.

Posted by: Pontiac 1 ()
Date: May 28, 2016 10:18AM

I shop at Kmart and Sears every chance I get.

And unless you want Walmart to corner the market and charge you whatever the hell they want, I would recommend you shop Kmart, Sears, and other non Wal-mart places

Posted by: Me So Haaaaawny ()
Date: May 28, 2016 05:43PM

Why Koreans exist Wrote:
> If you want good kitchen appliances, go with LG.
> The Koreans can build reliable shit and cut hair.
> That's what they're good for.

Also happy endings at the massage parlor

Posted by: Dont forget ()
Date: May 28, 2016 06:03PM

Pontiac 1 Wrote:
> I shop at Kmart and Sears every chance I get.
>
> And unless you want Walmart to corner the market
> and charge you whatever the hell they want, I
> would recommend you shop Kmart, Sears, and other
> non Wal-mart places

Target too

Posted by: Unit 8 ()
Date: May 28, 2016 06:34PM

Jews, unions and 3rd worlders are to blame.

Posted by: Maintenance Man ()
Date: May 28, 2016 06:55PM

Why Koreans exist Wrote:
> If you want good kitchen appliances, go with LG.
> The Koreans can build reliable shit and cut hair.
> That's what they're good for.

That is some really, really bad advice. LG is great while it is working but when there is a problem the factory support is pure shit.

Samsung is the good stuff right now and Mitsubishi is right up there too especially for A-C and heat pump units.

LG is the worst of the worst when it comes to customer service.

Posted by: uvhyj ()
Date: May 28, 2016 07:15PM

you people sound like mexicans. fuck over your own country living off communist tax money and buying imports

in the 80's the union message was strong to buy american and make investment in china practically illegal

instead - you all go to sears and buy imports because it'd make your gov pay check go farther - which by the 90's was double the pay as in the 80's, and now in the 2000's is triple. using other tricks as well - that generation didn't double dip they quadruple dipped *minimally*.

then blame a presidential candidate who hasn't been in office for being responsible to fix your problems that liquidity is running out and you have a greek debt situation and foreigners beginning to send police to hit you up for money and even your land

fairfax county was one of the WORST areas in the USA for buying import cars when USA manufacturers were running ads to buy american. at the same time if you traveled across many other towns the cars were %90 to %95 made in usa

it became the case (due much to NY,NY) that you couldn't "buy american" in fairfax the big chain stores pushed the china imports (partly for political communist reasons, because the markup was higher - but also likely because the investors owned shares in chinese companies)

and it's easy to see the effect. closed dealerships and tons of foreign dealerships and foreign owned / bought out strip malls that came in shortly after usign the auto sale credit.

Posted by: G3WwU ()
Date: May 28, 2016 07:16PM

Trump has no reason or duty to correct the wrongs or debt of people who did nothing but try to sign up as being part of the chinese government.

Posted by: W7c4c ()
Date: May 28, 2016 07:18PM

Furthermore - I think if Trump investigates - he'll find the USA gov has (ie, by school grants) been used to RIP OFF the USA - a huge source of loans and cash to many other countries - countries that have no intent of paying back the favor and every intent of a hostlile takeover using an "occupy illegally" movement in our most critical government centers.

Posted by: global economy ()
Date: May 28, 2016 07:21PM

uvhyj Wrote:
> you people sound like mexicans. fuck over your
> own country living off communist tax money and
> buying imports
>
> in the 80's the union message was strong to buy
> american and make investment in china practically
> illegal
>
> instead - you all go to sears and buy imports
> because it'd make your gov pay check go farther -
> which by the 90's was double the pay as in the
> 80's, and now in the 2000's is triple. using
> other tricks as well - that generation didn't
> double dip they quadruple dipped *minimally*.
>
> then blame a presidential candidate who hasn't
> been in office for being responsible to fix your
> problems that liquidity is running out and you
> have a greek debt situation and foreigners
> beginning to send police to hit you up for money
> and even your land
>

> fairfax county was one of the WORST areas in the
> USA for buying import cars when USA manufacturers
> were running ads to buy american. at the same
> time if you traveled across many other towns the
> cars were %90 to %95 made in usa
>

>
> it became the case (due much to NY,NY) that you
> couldn't "buy american" in fairfax the big chain
> stores pushed the china imports (partly for
> political communist reasons, because the markup
> was higher - but also likely because the investors
> owned shares in chinese companies)
>
> and it's easy to see the effect. closed
> dealerships and tons of foreign dealerships and
> foreign owned / bought out strip malls that came
> in shortly after usign the auto sale credit.

You are an ignorant fuck.

These are all global companies. Toyota is far more American than Ford or GM,
Mitsubishi is far more American than Whirlpool or GE.

Posted by: KLG7J ()
Date: May 28, 2016 07:23PM

there was a time in the late 90's when, although %90 of everything people used in the 80's was made in USA (into 90's too), that you went into walmar, or sears, home depot - anything liberals in todays political system were a part of

and you could not find ONE DAMN made in usa product while shopping - only choice was china

and NY,NY had everything to do with that they did it very intently to attack the usa by using massive loans (bilking the stock trade system) to build "stores that kill local businesses with huge floorspace investments" which banned USA products from their shelves in the late 90's

NY,NY banned usa products in the late 90's after using huge loans to kill off competiting retailers like K-Mart

and how does Sears own K-Mart? everyone knows K-Mart is from Michigan and both Sears and Wal-Mart are NY,NY franchises

they are completely full of crap. i dont respect anything they say or do.

Date: May 28, 2016 07:34PM

The most American car right now is the Camry.
Attachments:
toycam_a.jpg

Posted by: You've been brainwashed ()
Date: May 28, 2016 07:56PM

global economy Wrote:
> The most American car right now is the Camry.

LMFAO.

If you actually believe that buying a non American car actually helps Americans or America, you are completely brainwashed.

Posted by: Made in America ()
Date: May 28, 2016 09:07PM

You've been brainwashed Wrote:
> global economy Wrote:
> -----
> > The most American car right now is the Camry.
>
>
>
> LMFAO.
>
> If you actually believe that buying a non American
> car actually helps Americans or America, you are
> completely brainwashed.

Camrys and many other Toyotas are built in the USA

Date: May 29, 2016 07:01AM

Made in America Wrote:
> You've been brainwashed Wrote:
> -----
> > global economy Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > The most American car right now is the Camry.
> >
> >
> >
> > LMFAO.
> >
> > If you actually believe that buying a non
> American
> > car actually helps Americans or America, you
> are
> > completely brainwashed.
>
> Camrys and many other Toyotas are built in the USA

Not only are they built in the USA with a larger content of made in the USA parts than most "American" cars but their stock is held by millions of Americans like me. State street and BNY Mellon banks are among the largest shareholders, so yes Toyota is about as American as you can get.

http://www.toyota-global.com/investors/stock_information_ratings/outline.html

Posted by: KWwbU ()
Date: May 29, 2016 10:05AM

take it easy on japan at least certain models

they make certain models in the usa - meaning all the jobs and factory equipment and technology is HERE

if a war were to erupt it would become property of the USA - and japan knows that - and build here anyway

Posted by: dwYUx ()
Date: May 29, 2016 10:10AM

mmmm... well the plants dont build a whole car - maybe just assembly maybe a little more ...

meanwhile GM is it's own enemy ... firing poor people in michigan, hiring niggas at high union pay, closing it's own doors to import chinese parts , and focusing sales to corner the market of making government equipment and sales (fire trucks, busses, etc) - making them a kind of "communist vehicle maker of amerika" - seeing prices of fire trucks go up in to the million mark.

and letting congress (who has stocks in chinese companies) not do a thing to prevent hostile product dumping on the market or market takeover scams in NY,NY

Posted by: usa sucks ()
Date: May 29, 2016 10:12AM

global economy Wrote:
> Made in America Wrote:
> -----
> > You've been brainwashed Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > global economy Wrote:
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > > -----
> > > > The most American car right now is the
> Camry.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > LMFAO.
> > >
> > > If you actually believe that buying a non
> > American
> > > car actually helps Americans or America, you
> > are
> > > completely brainwashed.
> >
> > Camrys and many other Toyotas are built in the
> USA
>
>
> Not only are they built in the USA with a larger
> content of made in the USA parts than most
> "American" cars but their stock is held by
> millions of Americans like me. State street and
> BNY Mellon banks are among the largest
> shareholders, so yes Toyota is about as American
> as you can get.
>
> http://www.toyota-global.com/investors/stock_infor
> mation_ratings/outline.html

+1

Toyota stock is held by more people than Ford or GM.

One went to 0, the other has done jack shit for the past 20 years, meanwhile Toyota stock has done nicely.

Posted by: You have been brainwashed ()
Date: May 29, 2016 10:17AM

global economy Wrote:
> Made in America Wrote:
> -----
> > You've been brainwashed Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > > -----
> > > > The most American car right now is the
> Camry.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > LMFAO.
> > >
> > > If you actually believe that buying a non
> > American
> > > car actually helps Americans or America, you
> > are
> > > completely brainwashed.
> >
> > Camrys and many other Toyotas are built in the
> USA
>
>
> Not only are they built in the USA with a larger
> content of made in the USA parts than most
> "American" cars but their stock is held by
> millions of Americans like me. State street and
> BNY Mellon banks are among the largest
> shareholders, so yes Toyota is about as American
> as you can get.
>
> mation_ratings/outline.html

And the profits to where??

Lol. Like I said, you are completely delusional if you think supporting a non-American company somehow supports America.

Posted by: Kh6vL ()
Date: May 29, 2016 10:19AM

>
> You are an ignorant fuck.
>
> These are all global companies. Toyota is far more
> American than Ford or GM,
> Mitsubishi is far more American than Whirlpool or
> GE.

that's true in part - NY,NY stock trade wise - that auto maker ownership is "leverages" so that if one looses the other is not effected - that the only "looser" is anyone who isn't in the business and needs a car!

but the fact is GM is closing down parts in usa "lack of loans from NY,NY" and asia is buildign factories "getting loans from somewhere - likely goldman sachs of asia"

the fact is: where the METAL and plants are - and who has the jobs - DOES MAKE A DIFFERENCE

the fact is if a war were to erupt over a battle of a bulge (say, in the pacific) they have ALL THE FACTORIES and tonnage of metals to win

it's IMPOSSIBLE TO HAVE A SECURE COUNTRY with no factories and jobs however NY,NY has it on the books, the books will be burned as soon as any conflict arises

INFACT - NY,NY has so many illegals and in high places (ie, who created a "tax free zone" so that traders do not have to pay taxes there while all others must pay taxes - and they'll put a gun to your head if you protest)

NY,NY could possible sell out at any time - refuse loans to USA citizens and give them to foreign countries - ammounting in a total loss of USA investments overseas

-----------------------------

NEVER FORGET the "Great IRA Scandal of 2008"

NY,NY lost (OR STOLE) 1/2 of all of USA's savings in one year. that's half of everthing america had set aside after a LIFETIME OF LABOR (noting finding anythign to set aside is difficult)

1/2 of all of the USA's security GONE - in one year - an NY,NY only gave the nation an every day +- 1pt stock point excue for this massive money going missing

meanwhile since 2008 goldman sachs is HQ in china and NY,NY NEWS AGENCIES have not reported on obama.gov printing (counterfeiting) 9x the ammount of DEBT in paper money any past president has

Posted by: vjPXE ()
Date: May 29, 2016 10:21AM

i'll say it again

fx co gov workers were some of the worst in the nation for buying asian cars and promoting the spread of asian car dealers in this area

during a time in the late 80's early 90's when american business and unions were urging the nation it was time to be more wise with their spending for their own good

Posted by: retired american ()
Date: May 29, 2016 10:31AM

You have been brainwashed Wrote:
> global economy Wrote:
> -----
> > Made in America Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > You've been brainwashed Wrote:
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > > -----
> > > > global economy Wrote:
> > > >
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > >
> > > > -----
> > > > > The most American car right now is the
> > Camry.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > LMFAO.
> > > >
> > > > If you actually believe that buying a non
> > > American
> > > > car actually helps Americans or America,
> you
> > > are
> > > > completely brainwashed.
> > >
> > > Camrys and many other Toyotas are built in
> the
> > USA
> >
> >
> > Not only are they built in the USA with a
> larger
> > content of made in the USA parts than most
> > "American" cars but their stock is held by
> > millions of Americans like me. State street and
> > BNY Mellon banks are among the largest
> > shareholders, so yes Toyota is about as
> American
> > as you can get.
> >
> >
>
> > mation_ratings/outline.html
>
>
>
> And the profits to where??
>
>
> Lol. Like I said, you are completely delusional if
> you think supporting a non-American company
> somehow supports America.

The profits are going to Americans like myself, Toyota pays me a nice dividend and has been doing so for the past 20 years that I have owned it.

Posted by: Craven Moorehead ()
Date: May 29, 2016 11:08AM

Maintenance Man Wrote:
> Why Koreans exist Wrote:
> -----
> > If you want good kitchen appliances, go with LG.
>
> > The Koreans can build reliable shit and cut
> hair.
> > That's what they're good for.
>
>
> That is some really, really bad advice. LG is
> great while it is working but when there is a
> problem the factory support is pure shit.
>
> Samsung is the good stuff right now and Mitsubishi
> is right up there too especially for A-C and heat
> pump units.
>
> LG is the worst of the worst when it comes to
> customer service.

I know of two Samsung fridges that are complete crap.

The koreans do NOT build great appliances. They build great cars.

Just go look at consumer reports. LG and Samsung are toward the bottom of the list on appliances. Way too many electronics crammed in them and all they make is high end feature stuffed products that break.

Posted by: Jun Rhee says LG for me and thee ()
Date: May 29, 2016 11:37AM

Craven Moorehead Wrote:
> Maintenance Man Wrote:
> -----
> > Why Koreans exist Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > If you want good kitchen appliances, go with
> LG.
> >
> > > The Koreans can build reliable shit and cut
> > hair.
> > > That's what they're good for.
> >
> >
> > That is some really, really bad advice. LG is
> > great while it is working but when there is a
> > problem the factory support is pure shit.
> >
> > Samsung is the good stuff right now and
> Mitsubishi
> > is right up there too especially for A-C and
> heat
> > pump units.
> >
> > LG is the worst of the worst when it comes to
> > customer service.
>
>
>
> I know of two Samsung fridges that are complete
> crap.
>
> The koreans do NOT build great appliances. They
> build great cars.
>
> Just go look at consumer reports. LG and Samsung
> are toward the bottom of the list on appliances.
> Way too many electronics crammed in them and all
> they make is high end feature stuffed products
> that break.

Incorrect. One or both are in the top four in almost every category and compete with Kenmore Elite and GE Profile series. Use the google.

Posted by: You ar brainwashed... Lolz! ()
Date: May 29, 2016 12:07PM

retired american Wrote:
> You have been brainwashed Wrote:
> -----
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Made in America Wrote:
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > > -----
> > > > You've been brainwashed Wrote:
> > > >
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > >
> > > > -----
> > > > > global economy Wrote:
> > > > >
> > > >
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > >
> > > >
> > > > > -----
> > > > > > The most American car right now is the
> > > Camry.
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > LMFAO.
> > > > >
> > > > > If you actually believe that buying a non
> > > > American
> > > > > car actually helps Americans or America,
> > you
> > > > are
> > > > > completely brainwashed.
> > > >
> > > > Camrys and many other Toyotas are built in
> > the
> > > USA
> > >
> > >
> > > Not only are they built in the USA with a
> > larger
> > > content of made in the USA parts than most
> > > "American" cars but their stock is held by
> > > millions of Americans like me. State street
> and
> > > BNY Mellon banks are among the largest
> > > shareholders, so yes Toyota is about as
> > American
> > > as you can get.
> > >
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > > mation_ratings/outline.html
> >
> >
> >
> > And the profits to where??
> >
> >
> > Lol. Like I said, you are completely delusional
> if
> > you think supporting a non-American company
> > somehow supports America.
>
>
> The profits are going to Americans like myself,
> Toyota pays me a nice dividend and has been doing
> so for the past 20 years that I have owned it.

Nonsense. Those 'jobs' Toyota gives Americans were simply stolen from ford, General Motors and Chrysler.

The profits all go to Japan and do absolutely NOTHING to help America. Stop fooling yourself

Date: May 29, 2016 02:52PM

retired american Wrote:
> You have been brainwashed Wrote:
> -----
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Made in America Wrote:
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > > -----
> > > > You've been brainwashed Wrote:
> > > >
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > >
> > > > -----
> > > > > global economy Wrote:
> > > > >
> > > >
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > >
> > > >
> > > > > -----
> > > > > > The most American car right now is the
> > > Camry.
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > LMFAO.
> > > > >
> > > > > If you actually believe that buying a non
> > > > American
> > > > > car actually helps Americans or America,
> > you
> > > > are
> > > > > completely brainwashed.
> > > >
> > > > Camrys and many other Toyotas are built in
> > the
> > > USA
> > >
> > >
> > > Not only are they built in the USA with a
> > larger
> > > content of made in the USA parts than most
> > > "American" cars but their stock is held by
> > > millions of Americans like me. State street
> and
> > > BNY Mellon banks are among the largest
> > > shareholders, so yes Toyota is about as
> > American
> > > as you can get.
> > >
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > > mation_ratings/outline.html
> >
> >
> >
> > And the profits to where??
> >
> >
> > Lol. Like I said, you are completely delusional
> if
> > you think supporting a non-American company
> > somehow supports America.
>
>
> The profits are going to Americans like myself,
> Toyota pays me a nice dividend and has been doing
> so for the past 20 years that I have owned it.

Exactly, me too! And by the same token a substantial amount of GM, Ford, Fiat-Chrysler stock is held in Japan as well as other countries.
Attachments:
mapp.jpg

Posted by: Craftsman_NO_MORE ()
Date: May 29, 2016 10:31PM

If they sell off the Craftsman tool brand, I bet the lifetime warranties of millions of tools will instantly evaporate.

Posted by: LGforme ()
Date: May 29, 2016 10:33PM

Craven Moorehead Wrote:
>
> I know of two Samsung fridges that are complete
> crap.
>
> The koreans do NOT build great appliances. They
> build great cars.
>
> Just go look at consumer reports. LG and Samsung
> are toward the bottom of the list on appliances.
> Way too many electronics crammed in them and all
> they make is high end feature stuffed products
> that break.

I got lucky, (or Lucky Goldstar, heh) with my LG appliances. Fridge, clothes washer, and dryer all going strong after 10 years.

Posted by: Pontiac 1 ()
Date: May 29, 2016 11:25PM

global economy Wrote:
> retired american Wrote:
> -----
> > You have been brainwashed Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > > -----
> > > > Made in America Wrote:
> > > >
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > >
> > > > -----
> > > > > You've been brainwashed Wrote:
> > > > >
> > > >
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > >
> > > >
> > > > > -----
> > > > > > global economy Wrote:
> > > > > >
> > > > >
> > > >
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > >
> > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > > -----
> > > > > > > The most American car right now is
> the
> > > > Camry.
> > > > > >
> > > > > >
> > > > > >
> > > > > > LMFAO.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > If you actually believe that buying a
> non
> > > > > American
> > > > > > car actually helps Americans or
> America,
> > > you
> > > > > are
> > > > > > completely brainwashed.
> > > > >
> > > > > Camrys and many other Toyotas are built
> in
> > > the
> > > > USA
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Not only are they built in the USA with a
> > > larger
> > > > content of made in the USA parts than most
> > > > "American" cars but their stock is held by
> > > > millions of Americans like me. State street
> > and
> > > > BNY Mellon banks are among the largest
> > > > shareholders, so yes Toyota is about as
> > > American
> > > > as you can get.
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > >
> > > > mation_ratings/outline.html
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > And the profits to where??
> > >
> > >
> > > Lol. Like I said, you are completely
> delusional
> > if
> > > you think supporting a non-American company
> > > somehow supports America.
> >
> >
> > The profits are going to Americans like myself,
> > Toyota pays me a nice dividend and has been
> doing
> > so for the past 20 years that I have owned it.
>
> Exactly, me too! And by the same token a
> substantial amount of GM, Ford, Fiat-Chrysler
> stock is held in Japan as well as other countries.

How does it feel to cut the throats of American workers, and your country?

Like the other guy mentioned, anyone who thinks that supporting a non-American country actually helps America or its people, is completely fucked in the head.

Posted by: Free Trade ()
Date: May 29, 2016 11:56PM

Pontiac 1 Wrote:

> How does it feel to cut the throats of American
> workers, and your country?
>
> Like the other guy mentioned, anyone who thinks
> that supporting a non-American country actually
> helps America or its people, is completely fucked
> in the head.

^ He writes from his Chinese-made computer.

Posted by: American company supporter ()
Date: May 30, 2016 10:01AM

Free Trade Wrote:
> Pontiac 1 Wrote:
> -----
>
> > How does it feel to cut the throats of American
> > workers, and your country?
> >
> > Like the other guy mentioned, anyone who thinks
> > that supporting a non-American country actually
> > helps America or its people, is completely
> fucked
> > in the head.
>
>
> ^ He writes from his Chinese-made computer.

^^^ Waves the American flag for novelty by placing American flag stickers on his non-American car, and claiming its patriotic.

Posted by: jhey ()
Date: May 30, 2016 11:12AM

craftsman Wrote:
> It's not even the Sears tower anymore. I guess the
> Chinese own it.

It was renamed the Willis Tower, in honor of acclaimed Chicago musician Wesley Willis.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZKApT6vC0g

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.