HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Medical Question
Date: July 15, 2009 11:56PM

I am a healthy 21 year old male with no history of smoking, alcoholism, or drug use.

However, earlier today I started having bloody stools, not just a little blood, but large chunks of coagulated blood were shooting out.

Has anyone had experience with this? I am starting to get worried.

No troll posts please. Thanks for any help.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Medical Question
Posted by: Harry Tuttle ()
Date: July 16, 2009 12:10AM

Was the blood actually in your shit? You can tell because your shit is black. That's the shit you need to worry about.

Either way, you should see a doc if it persists.

Could just be hemorrhoids, could be much worse...

Make any recent changes to your diet?

Posted by: Thurston Moore ()
Date: July 16, 2009 12:13AM

I would definitely see a doctor about that.

It could be cancer, after all.

Not to alarm you or anything, with the cancer thing.

But if it is cancer, and you deal with it fast enough, it doesn't have to be any sort of death sentence.

It could be something else, entirely, too. But still something you need to deal with sooner, rather than later.

If you don't have insurance, go to an emergency room. Don't waste your time with the Inova hospitals, either. Go to either GWU or Georgetown. GWU is where Cheney and Reagan went, and Georgetown is a university hospital (so is GWU). You'll get much better care at either of those.

But if you don't have insurance, they still have to treat you, and they will try to collect from you but they might also try to hook you into Medicaid to get paid if your income level is low enough.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/16/2009 12:14AM by Thurston Moore.

Posted by: Melissa ()
Date: July 16, 2009 12:48AM

If you have black stools that smell really foul, you should go to the ER immediately because you could have a GI bleed, or a bleeding ulcer. As Harry said, it could also be hemorrhoids. Go see a doctor.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Being vague is almost as fun as that other thing.

Posted by: Kenny_Powers ()
Date: July 16, 2009 01:18AM

yea, like the above posters said, very serious, you probably should go to the ER if you cant see a doctor very soon.

Posted by: Alias ()
Date: July 16, 2009 05:50AM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/29/2012 04:14PM by Alias.

Posted by: 496 ()
Date: July 16, 2009 08:33AM

Was there fisting involved?

Posted by: MrMephisto ()
Date: July 16, 2009 09:24AM

I remember one time, in basic training, this dude had bloody shit from being dehydrated.

EDIT: But, oh yeah, go to a doctor, man.

--------------------------------------------------------------
13 4826 0948 82695 25847. Yes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/16/2009 09:24AM by MrMephisto.

Date: July 16, 2009 09:28AM

At your age it is probably hemorrhoids, but you should always see a doctor immediately if you have blood in your stool.

Here is a word of advice...demand a colonoscopy. At your age, doctors will readily dismiss cancer as the cause. However, colon cancer at your age, while rare, is not unheard of. I would insist on one just so that you are sure you don't have something serious going on (could also be diverticulitis, which is really bad if it goes untreated (see Buzz Burbank's busted colon).

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.