HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Fat People
Posted by: Why? ()
Date: July 15, 2009 02:32PM

Why are most fat people Republicans?

Is it because they eat so much that they're afraid the government will take their food freedoms away?

Is it the beef brisket and BBQ ribs slathered in butter and fat-back they eat everyday?

Is it the high-calorie sodas and Jack Daniels?

Lack of sunlight and exercise since they haven't been seen in public since the election?

Could it be stress because they over-leverage themselves off credit because "that's how the markets work"?

Please someone offer your unbiased insights on why Republicans and fat and pastey.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fat People
Posted by: Your mom is fat ()
Date: July 15, 2009 02:58PM


Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fat People
Posted by: MrMephisto ()
Date: July 15, 2009 03:21PM

I'll give you that Republicans are fat, white, and stupid, if you agree that 100% of criminals are Barack Obama supporters.

--------------------------------------------------------------
13 4826 0948 82695 25847. Yes.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fat People
Posted by: Fruppie ()
Date: July 15, 2009 03:51PM

Why? Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Why are most fat people Republicans?
>
> Is it because they eat so much that they're afraid
> the government will take their food freedoms away?
>
>
> Is it the beef brisket and BBQ ribs slathered in
> butter and fat-back they eat everyday?
>
> Is it the high-calorie sodas and Jack Daniels?
>
> Lack of sunlight and exercise since they haven't
> been seen in public since the election?
>
> Could it be stress because they over-leverage
> themselves off credit because "that's how the
> markets work"?
>
> Please someone offer your unbiased insights on why
> Republicans and fat and pastey.


That's stupid.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fat People
Posted by: ITRADE ()
Date: July 15, 2009 04:00PM


Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fat People
Posted by: Large and Left ()
Date: July 15, 2009 04:02PM

Exactly.
Attachments:
nadler.bmp
teddy.jpg
moore.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fat People
Posted by: Hungry Hungry Hippos. Alabama Edition ()
Date: July 15, 2009 04:26PM

Ok, so you've covered the 10 or so fat Democrats. Good job boy! Way to bust a stereotype.

Truth be told that most fat Republicans live in red states where obesity is at the highest in the country. Most don't even own cameras.

Coincidence? I think not.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fat People
Posted by: Why ()
Date: July 15, 2009 04:26PM

Why are most gay people Democrats?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fat People
Posted by: MrMephisto ()
Date: July 15, 2009 04:29PM

Why do retards think that partisan politics help the country's progress?

--------------------------------------------------------------
13 4826 0948 82695 25847. Yes.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fat People
Posted by: wuht ()
Date: July 15, 2009 04:32PM

Why Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Why are most gay people Democrats?


that is a lie there are no republican gays

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fat People
Posted by: Cackle Doodle Doo ()
Date: July 15, 2009 04:33PM

Most openly gay people are Democrats.

Most closeted gay people are Republicans.

Which is scarier?

The guy in the parade or the guy in the stall next to you acting like Fred Astaire?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fat People
Date: July 15, 2009 04:39PM

Cackle Doodle Doo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> The guy in the parade or the guy in the stall next
> to you acting like Fred Astaire?


apg_craig_bathroom2_071004_ms_AP.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fat People
Posted by: Harry Tuttle ()
Date: July 15, 2009 04:44PM

I'm fat, got a problem?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fat People
Posted by: Dwight. ()
Date: July 15, 2009 06:04PM

Harry Tuttle Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm fat, got a problem?


lol yes kinda. you admitted to it that is step one. now get your ass in the gym!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fat People
Posted by: Weight Loss ()
Date: July 15, 2009 06:06PM

Use this exercise video as a starter for any weight loss program:



.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fat People
Posted by: Harry Tuttle ()
Date: July 15, 2009 06:24PM

What for?

Dwight. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> lol yes kinda. you admitted to it that is step
> one. now get your ass in the gym!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fat People
Posted by: Gay Bob ()
Date: July 15, 2009 09:33PM

Why are most gay people ghey?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fat People
Posted by: O I Don't Know ()
Date: July 15, 2009 09:37PM

Why do most lesbians drive Subaru Foresters, Jeep Wranglers or Volkswagen bug convertibiles?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fat People
Posted by: Harry Tuttle ()
Date: July 15, 2009 10:25PM

Lick my festering hatchet wound...

O I Don't Know Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Why do most lesbians drive Subaru Foresters, Jeep
> Wranglers or Volkswagen bug convertibiles?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fat People
Date: July 15, 2009 10:26PM

Meade sounds like a Southern Michael Jackson when he speaks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fat People
Posted by: Alias ()
Date: July 16, 2009 01:30AM

'



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/29/2012 04:26PM by Alias.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fat People
Posted by: Kenny_Powers ()
Date: July 16, 2009 01:32AM

Why? Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Why are most fat people Republicans?
>
> Is it because they eat so much that they're afraid
> the government will take their food freedoms away?
>
>
> Is it the beef brisket and BBQ ribs slathered in
> butter and fat-back they eat everyday?
>
> Is it the high-calorie sodas and Jack Daniels?
>
> Lack of sunlight and exercise since they haven't
> been seen in public since the election?
>
> Could it be stress because they over-leverage
> themselves off credit because "that's how the
> markets work"?
>
> Please someone offer your unbiased insights on why
> Republicans and fat and pastey.


im not a republican and im a fatty

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fat People
Posted by: Kenny_Powers ()
Date: July 16, 2009 01:32AM

wuht Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Why Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Why are most gay people Democrats?
>
>
> that is a lie there are no republican gays


i have a pink elephant that would disagree with you.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fat People
Posted by: righto ()
Date: July 16, 2009 07:39PM

Why? Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Why are most fat people Republicans?
>


no they are not!! They are BLACK!!

Here's proof!

"Blacks are most obese group, study finds "

http://wtop.com/?nid=106&sid=1719114

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fat People
Posted by: spunky ()
Date: July 16, 2009 08:31PM

Let it be known that both Harry Tuttle and Kenny Powers admitted to be being fat, here in this thread. Obesity is a disease, stay away from them.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fat People
Posted by: Hmmmmm ()
Date: July 16, 2009 08:53PM

Harry Tuttle Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Lick my festering hatchet wound...
>
> O I Don't Know Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Why do most lesbians drive Subaru Foresters,
> Jeep
> > Wranglers or Volkswagen bug convertibiles?


Are you offended because you are a lesbian and dont drive one of these fine "carpet munching" mobiles. If I "chowed box" all day I would be upset as well. I am sorry if you prefer "Mary Machos", I know thats how the South of the Borders (just in case) like to refer to it. As a professional opinion, I wouldnt throw my sexuality out there on this dangerous site, you never know who is trolling!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fat People
Posted by: fairfaxdude ()
Date: July 16, 2009 09:12PM

Alias Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Actually, the lower your income, the more likely
> you are to vote for Democrats.
> (looking for free stuff)
>
> And, in America, the lower your income, the more
> likely you are to be a fatso.
> (eating fried chicken and shit like that)
>
> When Obama takes over our health care, he’ll just
> tax the fatsos to death.


Actually, Alias, you're completely fucking WRONG. The Red states, where most of your Republican-leaning compatriots reside and vote, also happen to be the predominate bastions of obesity in the country.

Nice try though. Too bad the facts don't support your position. Even thinly.

______________________________________________
I have had to change the addresses to my retaliatory blogs over half a dozen times.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fat People
Posted by: Harry Tuttle ()
Date: July 16, 2009 09:27PM

It's ok baby. I'm proud of being a fat, black, lesbian, mexican national... If you troll me, I'll just sneeze in your face and make you fat too...

Stay away from me! And, please, lick my festering hatchet wound before the well dries up...

Hmmmmm Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> Are you offended because you are a lesbian and
> dont drive one of these fine "carpet munching"
> mobiles. If I "chowed box" all day I would be
> upset as well. I am sorry if you prefer "Mary
> Machos", I know thats how the South of the Borders
> (just in case) like to refer to it. As a
> professional opinion, I wouldnt throw my sexuality
> out there on this dangerous site, you never know
> who is trolling!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fat People
Posted by: Thurston Moore ()
Date: July 16, 2009 11:49PM

Alias Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Actually, the lower your income, the more likely
> you are to vote for Democrats.
> (looking for free stuff)
>
> And, in America, the lower your income, the more
> likely you are to be a fatso.
> (eating fried chicken and shit like that)
>

Actually you're wrong. The higher incomes of the middle class vote democrat, and are probably the most healthy. Only when you get down to the really bottom of incomes do they vote democrat again, all the working poor and lower middle class tend to vote republican (because the liberals want to take their guns), and they are the ones who are also grotesquely obese. The republican party consists of blue collar low-education folks, and some, but not all of the really wealthy. (well, now they are talking about abandoning the "downscale" republicans.)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fat People
Posted by: Herzschlag ()
Date: July 16, 2009 11:55PM

DC is almost 100 percent Democrat. It is full of Dupont faggots that want gay marriage and welfare moms in the Southeast that want to sit on their ass and collect government checks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fat People
Posted by: Alias ()
Date: July 17, 2009 12:03AM

'



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/29/2012 04:13PM by Alias.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fat People
Posted by: bloody blisters ()
Date: July 17, 2009 12:22AM

dont forget the lower your income the more likely to commit suicide. so therefore democrats are more likely to take the leap.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fat People
Posted by: Thurston Moore ()
Date: July 17, 2009 12:37AM

Alias Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thurston,
> What the fuck are you talking about?
>
> I wrote:
>
> The lower your income, the more likely you are to
> vote for democrats.
>
> AND,
>
> The lower your income, the more likely you are to
> be a fatso.
> _________
>
> Read what I wrote... slowly... and then reply.


Read what I wrote... slowly... and then reply.

I am disputing the lower income voting democrat assertion. It is the upper middle class who vote democrat. The only poor people that vote democrat are minorities. Poor white people tend to vote republican.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fat People
Posted by: Alias ()
Date: July 17, 2009 01:06AM

,



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/29/2012 04:13PM by Alias.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fat People
Posted by: Registered Voter ()
Date: July 17, 2009 08:38AM

Obesity = the new Discrimination

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fat People
Posted by: FurfaxTownie ()
Date: July 17, 2009 08:56AM

Obesity is not the new discrimination, and to say so is ridiculous. An individual has a certain amount of control of whether they are obese or not. The majority of obese people, probably 99%, don't have to be obese if they don't want to. Discrimination applies to something you can't control such as being a different race, gay, or age.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fat People
Posted by: ITRADE ()
Date: July 17, 2009 09:30AM

Thurston Moore Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Alias Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Actually, the lower your income, the more
> likely
> > you are to vote for Democrats.
> > (looking for free stuff)
> >
> > And, in America, the lower your income, the
> more
> > likely you are to be a fatso.
> > (eating fried chicken and shit like that)
> >
>
> Actually you're wrong. The higher incomes of the
> middle class vote democrat, and are probably the
> most healthy. Only when you get down to the
> really bottom of incomes do they vote democrat
> again, all the working poor and lower middle class
> tend to vote republican (because the liberals want
> to take their guns), and they are the ones who are
> also grotesquely obese. The republican party
> consists of blue collar low-education folks, and
> some, but not all of the really wealthy. (well,
> now they are talking about abandoning the
> "downscale" republicans.)

So you're saying that the cliche that "the Republican party is the party of the rich" is simply no more than a democratic scare tactic used to drive a wedge?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fat People
Posted by: Warhawk ()
Date: July 17, 2009 09:32AM

FurfaxTownie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Obesity is not the new discrimination, and to say
> so is ridiculous. An individual has a certain
> amount of control of whether they are obese or
> not. The majority of obese people, probably 99%,
> don't have to be obese if they don't want to.
> Discrimination applies to something you can't
> control such as being a different race, gay, or
> age.


I have to agree with that. Although there are people here who think you choose to be gay,

__________________________________
That's not a ladybug, that's a cannapiller.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fat People
Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: July 17, 2009 09:54AM

MrMephisto Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Why do retards think that partisan politics help
> the country's progress?


umm... because they are retards?


Weight Loss Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Use this exercise video as a starter for any
> weight loss program:


this one is better:

skip to 1:00




Kenny_Powers Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> wuht Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> > Why Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> > > Why are most gay people Democrats?
> >
> > that is a lie there are no republican gays
>
> i have a pink elephant that would disagree with
> you.


ok, any elephant that would powder itself pink must be gay.


"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fat People
Posted by: wuht ()
Date: July 17, 2009 10:15AM

Ha! Where have I seen sofa king before? Is that a commercial from the 80s?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fat People
Date: July 17, 2009 10:37AM

wuht Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ha! Where have I seen sofa king before? Is that a
> commercial from the 80s?


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_NqXSbh5Ns

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fat People
Posted by: LOLcat ()
Date: July 17, 2009 11:00AM

I R Sofa King With Tod ed.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fat People
Posted by: FUNdamental ()
Date: July 17, 2009 01:48PM

A new report says fat kids in school learn at a slower rate than slender kids.

A few years ago i took my kids to the neighborhood playgrond and a family was having a birthday party there. So, there were a lot of people there from different neighborhoods I didn't know. There were twin boys that were about three or four years old. They were so heavy they couldn't hoist themselves up a ladder on one of the jungle gyms. You could tell, they wanted to climb up, they just couldn't. It was really sad that their parents did this injustice of over feeding them crap at such a young age.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fat People
Posted by: Jive Turkey ()
Date: July 17, 2009 02:15PM

Man, I hope I never become fat.

I wouldn't want the obesity descrimination and also being called a Republican.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fat People
Posted by: Harry Tuttle ()
Date: July 17, 2009 03:50PM

I agree too, I'm fat because I like food therefore I choose to eat. I'm a lesbian because I like snapper therefore I choose to eat. I could choose to be thin the same way I could choose not to eat kitty...

But why would I do that? To make everyone else more comfortable?

FurfaxTownie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Obesity is not the new discrimination, and to say
> so is ridiculous. An individual has a certain
> amount of control of whether they are obese or
> not. The majority of obese people, probably 99%,
> don't have to be obese if they don't want to.

> Discrimination applies to something you can't
> control such as being a different race, gay, or
> age.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fat People
Date: July 17, 2009 06:10PM

America is becoming obese, atheist, and everything it has never been in the past. This is a bad thing.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fat People
Posted by: Harry Tuttle ()
Date: July 17, 2009 06:32PM

IRunFairfaxUnderground Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> America is becoming obese, atheist, and everything
> it has never been in the past. This is a bad
> thing.

Care to explain why this is such a bad thing?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fat People
Date: July 17, 2009 06:42PM

Harry Tuttle Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> IRunFairfaxUnderground Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > America is becoming obese, atheist, and
> everything
> > it has never been in the past. This is a bad
> > thing.
>
> Care to explain why this is such a bad thing?


Do you not see the correlation between atheism, obesity, and the failure of the United States of America's economy, morale, and everything that used to be good in this country?
If you do not, you are part of the problem, oh wait you already are with your obese self, but hey! you're okay with it, keep shoving your face with all kinds of food and dont worry about keeping fit or being healthy. The future of our nation does not depend on it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fat People
Posted by: Harry Tuttle ()
Date: July 17, 2009 06:44PM

Gravis,
This is currently the workout program I use. Thanks for the other option...
"Let's go Dutch!"


I Have A Bad Case Of Diarrhea - For more funny videos, click here

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fat People
Posted by: Harry Tuttle ()
Date: July 17, 2009 06:51PM

I like the dramatic opening on this one... Hard to get a sweat going with such a short clip.


Bad Case Of Diarrhea - Watch more Funny Videos

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fat People
Date: July 17, 2009 06:55PM

no answer, just as i expected. sheesh.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fat People
Posted by: Harry Tuttle ()
Date: July 17, 2009 07:13PM

IRunFairfaxUnderground Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> Do you not see the correlation between atheism,
> obesity, and the failure of the United States of
> America's economy, morale, and everything that
> used to be good in this country?
> If you do not, you are part of the problem, oh
> wait you already are with your obese self, but
> hey! you're okay with it, keep shoving your face
> with all kinds of food and dont worry about
> keeping fit or being healthy. The future of our
> nation does not depend on it.


As far as I know, there have always been fat people, and atheists... and not just in America.
Somehow they are just now destroying our country? But you didn't really explain why or how they are destroying our country... You just asked a question that you eventually answered in the same post.

P.S. What are you doing to save our poor country?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fat People
Date: July 17, 2009 07:15PM

Harry Tuttle Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> IRunFairfaxUnderground Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> >
> > Do you not see the correlation between atheism,
> > obesity, and the failure of the United States
> of
> > America's economy, morale, and everything that
> > used to be good in this country?
> > If you do not, you are part of the problem, oh
> > wait you already are with your obese self, but
> > hey! you're okay with it, keep shoving your
> face
> > with all kinds of food and dont worry about
> > keeping fit or being healthy. The future of our
> > nation does not depend on it.
>
>
> As far as I know, there have always been fat
> people, and atheists... and not just in America.
> Somehow they are just now destroying our country?
> But you didn't really explain why or how they are
> destroying our country... You just asked a
> question that you eventually answered in the same
> post.
>
> P.S. What are you doing to save our poor country?


I sir Run Fairfax Underground. Also we are not poor we are declining, wonder why.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fat People
Posted by: Harry Tuttle ()
Date: July 17, 2009 07:22PM

IRunFairfaxUnderground Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
>
> I sir Run Fairfax Underground. Also we are not
> poor we are declining, wonder why.

Oh so now you wonder why!? That's funny, I do too. You still haven't explained why obesity and atheism are "bad things".

I also look forward to reading your explanation of how/why fat people and atheists are destroying our country...

I also wonder why you believe obesity and atheism are a cause and not a symptom...

Are these evils the only things standing between us and a heaven on earth?


Even better, how do you propose to remedy the situation?

By the way, thanks for "Running" this fine website...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fat People
Date: July 17, 2009 07:58PM

the wonder why was rhetoric, yet that obviously flew right over your head. If you cannot see why obesity and atheism are "bad things" then you must have no brain. I am not even religious but to believe in no higher being is questionable. To stay on topic with the thread, What do fat people contribute to society? other then taking up extra space. Name me a successful fat person. Go lose some weight dude.

In the mean time, you are very welcome for running our website.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fat People
Posted by: Harry Tuttle ()
Date: July 17, 2009 08:27PM

IRunFairfaxUnderground Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> the wonder why was rhetoric, yet that obviously
> flew right over your head. If you cannot see why
> obesity and atheism are "bad things" then you must
> have no brain.

Would you please explain it for those of us without brains?
What exactly is so bad about them?
How is it destroying our country?
How are you sure they are the cause of the problems and not the symptom of the problems?

> I am not even religious but to
> believe in no higher being is questionable. To
> stay on topic with the thread, What do fat people
> contribute to society?

The same as any other "type" of person contributes... Some are pieces of shit, some are intelligent, hard working, and really a credit to the force.

> other then taking up extra
> space. Name me a successful fat person.

Define successful...

> Go lose
> some weight dude.

What for?

>
> In the mean time, you are very welcome for running
> our website.

You should take a break from "running" the joint and answer one of MY questions for a change...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fat People
Date: July 17, 2009 09:30PM

poop face

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fat People
Posted by: Bigots ()
Date: July 17, 2009 09:48PM

This thread proves that it is acceptable in society to be prejudice against the obese which is a product of behavior, yet it is not acceptable to be prejudice in society against other behaviors such as homosexuality.

Prejudice against the obese is alive and socially acceptable. Why not treat all behaviors with such disdain?

Obesity, the last accepted prejudice. Where is the ACLU?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fat People
Posted by: fats are people too ()
Date: July 17, 2009 09:59PM

Fat people have every right to be prejudice towards skinny people.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fat People
Posted by: Melon Coli ()
Date: July 17, 2009 10:00PM

Welcome to fairfaxunderground!



Bigots Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This thread proves that it is acceptable in
> society to be prejudice against the obese which is
> a product of behavior, yet it is not acceptable to
> be prejudice in society against other behaviors
> such as homosexuality.
>
> Prejudice against the obese is alive and socially
> acceptable. Why not treat all behaviors with such
> disdain?
>
> Obesity, the last accepted prejudice. Where is the
> ACLU?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fat People
Posted by: Melissa ()
Date: July 17, 2009 10:29PM

Those videos were great. Sad thing is that I got all excited when I actually understood a few things.

Were those for real?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Being vague is almost as fun as that other thing.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fat People
Posted by: bloody blisters ()
Date: July 17, 2009 10:32PM

Melissa Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Those videos were great. Sad thing is that I got
> all excited when I actually understood a few
> things.
>
> Were those for real?


yes and they were speaking english

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fat People
Posted by: Melissa ()
Date: July 17, 2009 11:02PM

bloody blisters Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> yes and they were speaking english

I was talking about the Japanese.

But the next time I get diarrhea, I will use those fancy moves and be the sassiest person with the squirts ever.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Being vague is almost as fun as that other thing.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fat People
Posted by: bloody blisters ()
Date: July 17, 2009 11:07PM

ichi ni son yon go roku, tomorokoshi, denwa wadoko deska. uh im tapped. you should, you could have the runs in style. the one gravis posted was pretty damn funny as well. " i got robbed by tiu men"

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fat People
Posted by: Thurston Moore ()
Date: July 18, 2009 12:42AM

ITRADE Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So you're saying that the cliche that "the
> Republican party is the party of the rich" is
> simply no more than a democratic scare tactic used
> to drive a wedge?

No. The republican party is most definitely a party of the rich, but then so is the democratic party.

When talking about the voters, however, they both play off of populism in different ways.

In the end, only the rich win the way our current government is structured and run by this false two party system.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fat People
Posted by: Thurston Moore ()
Date: July 18, 2009 12:45AM

wuht Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ha! Where have I seen sofa king before? Is that a
> commercial from the 80s?

Say this out loud, 3 times, quickly. Preferrably in front of a bunch of people:

I'm sofa king. We todd did.


Get it??

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fat People
Posted by: Thurston Moore ()
Date: July 18, 2009 01:08AM

Harry Tuttle Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Would you please explain it for those of us
> without brains?
> What exactly is so bad about them?
> How is it destroying our country?
> How are you sure they are the cause of the
> problems and not the symptom of the problems?


They are more the symptom, but also do contribute to the problems. Fat people are not 100% to blame for being fat, but are not 100% blame free. They chose to eat more than their body needed, and thus their body stored all those extra calories as fat.

However, our food system in this country is really out of whack. It actually parallels the credit system, in that cheaper and easier credit caused people to explode on their mortgages and revolving credit lines. Cheaper and easier food caused people to explode on fast food, frozen dinners, super sizing, extra large bags of corn chips, whatever.

So it is, like you said, a symptom. It's a symptom of our Modern American Diet (MAD for short).

But obviously obesity causes problems. Diabetes, Heart Failure, Kidney Failure, Cancer, and a basically weak immune system and weak health that then contributes to contracting all sorts of other diseases and maladies.



> The same as any other "type" of person
> contributes... Some are pieces of shit, some are
> intelligent, hard working, and really a credit to
> the force.

I agree with you here. You can't just look at a fat person and say they are totally worthless pieces of shit that contribute nothing to society.

Though it might be argued that the cost burdens they place on society may possibly outweigh their benefits. That's a hard formula to come up with.

>
> > other then taking up extra
> > space. Name me a successful fat person.
>
> Define successful...
>

I guess he thinks being successful is being within 2% of your ideal body weight??


> > Go lose
> > some weight dude.
>
> What for?

Hell, it couldn't hurt. They are doing studies now on people who believe in calorie restriction, and have shown in mice that it can add significant time to a lifespan. I think like 40% for mice, and they believe it can at least add a decade or two to a human (but that hasn't been proven, yet.)


> You should take a break from "running" the joint
> and answer one of MY questions for a change...

Don't hold your breath. I think he came here to stir up shit.

See: http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/read/40/214562.html

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fat People
Posted by: bloody blisters ()
Date: July 18, 2009 01:15AM

on a side note i heard on the old reliable television that if a man loses 35 pounds he will gain an inch in penis size. not sure how true that is but im sure Oprah wouldn't lie.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fat People
Posted by: Registered Voter ()
Date: July 18, 2009 01:28AM

Just as a note, genetics does play a part in this. Unfortunately some aspects of natural selection and environmental adaptation make it so that people's metabolisms work differently and process in different ways.

There are areas where they have tribes with a large number of obese folks. Upon further genetic and environmental study they found that in most of the obese they had a genetic change due to the fact that a couple of previous generations suffered from food shortages, so the adaptation was for folks who stored energy better - they survived. Once food became abundant they didn't change anything - but they ate more since they had food. It wasn't like they had feasts, they just ate more since they had more - thus they ended up with a larger obese population. This is being shown over and over, that genetics does play a larger part in the process.

There are some other studies that show children of the opposite sex parent that is obese tend to be obese, just as there are others that show children of an obese mother tend to be obese, etc. Many of these kind of studies are just observational, and don't really pull in other factors very well.

Not that I am trying to say that obese people shouldn't take in some exercise and such - but there are many people that do not choose to be fat, yet they are. There are a lot of overweight people that do exercise regularly, and yet cannot drop weight without a severe limitation in caloric intake - even when they reach their desired weight. A lot of this has to do with the kinds of foods our country produces - if you get a cheesecake in the US it is VERY sweet, yet one made in Germany may look the same, and have maybe half the sugar. I know some folks from Germany that come here and have a hard time eating our desserts because they have too much sugar in them. There are also some people that only function well with a low carb intake diet, and others that function well with whatever they eat. Some of this is related to activity levels, but not in all cases. The point being, not everyone is the same - and what you may define as "normal" eating is not normal for someone else. I remember when I was a kid they used to talk about 3200 calories a day being normal, now they are saying 2800 a day or something like that - and again, it depends on your frame size and things like that. So even caloric intake can vary from person of the same height and weight depending on how they are built.

But sorry, not all fat or obese people choose to be obese - the science out there to proves this.



Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/18/2009 01:30AM by Registered Voter.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fat People
Posted by: Harry Tuttle ()
Date: July 18, 2009 01:31AM

Thurston Moore Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
>
> They are more the symptom, but also do contribute
> to the problems. Fat people are not 100% to blame
> for being fat, but are not 100% blame free. They
> chose to eat more than their body needed, and thus
> their body stored all those extra calories as
> fat.

I agree, fat people are not victims... They (ahem... we) made our bed and they (uh, we) need to lie in it. Sure there is the argument of genetics, but it's hard to argue with the facts that if you burn more calories than you consume, you lose weight.

I was mostly calling IRFU's bluff... Though, I don't understand how the same people who fight adamantly for gay rights can show such unbridled disgust and contempt for the overweight.


>
> However, our food system in this country is really
> out of whack. It actually parallels the credit
> system, in that cheaper and easier credit caused
> people to explode on their mortgages and revolving
> credit lines. Cheaper and easier food caused
> people to explode on fast food, frozen dinners,
> super sizing, extra large bags of corn chips,
> whatever.

Why not eat the overweight!? (I don't mean kill them because they're overweight, I mean when they die on their own...) There goes the problem of starvation!

> So it is, like you said, a symptom. It's a
> symptom of our Modern American Diet (MAD for
> short).

For the record, I never explicitly said I thought it was a symptom... but you are correct in your assumption.

Also, I do think there are far worse "evils" affecting our country than fat people and people who believe that there is no god.


> But obviously obesity causes problems. Diabetes,
> Heart Failure, Kidney Failure, Cancer, and a
> basically weak immune system and weak health that
> then contributes to contracting all sorts of other
> diseases and maladies.

If you can't get out of bed, or you can't walk, you have become a burden. If you can't even excercise to help yourself... you have lost the battle and I don't see what good you can have on our society (other than serving as a posterchild for what NOT to do... kind of an anti-role model.)


>
> Hell, it couldn't hurt. They are doing studies
> now on people who believe in calorie restriction,
> and have shown in mice that it can add significant
> time to a lifespan. I think like 40% for mice,
> and they believe it can at least add a decade or
> two to a human (but that hasn't been proven,
> yet.)

I don't disagree with you about exercise (it couldn't hurt), but I think body size is a poor indicator of health. As far as the studies go, here's one that says the opposite
http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=CNG.c7aaeb7940626693fa418a1eab2291f6.81&show_article=1

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fat People
Posted by: Thurston Moore ()
Date: July 18, 2009 02:42AM

Registered Voter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Just as a note, genetics does play a part in this.
> Unfortunately some aspects of natural selection
> and environmental adaptation make it so that
> people's metabolisms work differently and process
> in different ways.

There's no doubt about that. However, the Modern American Diet that has been created by an industrial food machine doesn't care about genetic differences, or the subtle differences between different metabolisms, etc.

All they want to do is reduce the price of food so much that it benefits from economies of scale. They don't care if it makes some people fatter, they just want to sell more of whatever commodity they produce. Corn, Eggs, Beef, whatever. Just make it cheaper, sell more, make more money.

Metabolisms definitely play a role. I probably eat 5 or 6 thousand calories a day, and I never gain any weight. I actually eat until it is uncomfortable to eat any more, and if I'm not careful I can lose weight if I don't force myself to eat a certain amount each day. But then again, I'm very active, I rock climb 6 days a week, run 7 miles a day, lift weights 2 days a week, and smoke 1 pack of cigarettes a day, and drink 7 to 12 beers a day.

Yeah, I know that last part is sorta contradictory, but that is only because it isn't part of the conventional wisdom.

>
> There are areas where they have tribes with a
> large number of obese folks. Upon further genetic
> and environmental study they found that in most of
> the obese they had a genetic change due to the
> fact that a couple of previous generations
> suffered from food shortages, so the adaptation
> was for folks who stored energy better - they
> survived. Once food became abundant they didn't
> change anything - but they ate more since they had
> food. It wasn't like they had feasts, they just
> ate more since they had more - thus they ended up
> with a larger obese population. This is being
> shown over and over, that genetics does play a
> larger part in the process.

Obesity by itself isn't an issue.

Don't forget, there are people who smoked all of their life and never had cancer. Some even lived to be over 100. Some people drank all their lives but lived to 85, 90, 100+.

The thing is, those people just did. Most of the obese are not becoming obese because this is their genetic destiny. Most obese people are becoming obese because food is cheap, it is mostly cheap grains or fed by cheap grains, and there is marketing to encourage them to eat more. A Coke is, besides the water, 98% corn. Even the caramel coloring is derived from corn. Beef is fed corn. Half of the ingredients in processed foods are corn derived. We feed corn to cattle and pigs to fatten them up.
>
> There are some other studies that show children of
> the opposite sex parent that is obese tend to be
> obese, just as there are others that show children
> of an obese mother tend to be obese, etc. Many of
> these kind of studies are just observational, and
> don't really pull in other factors very well.
>

That's why this is such a grey area. None of the studies are necessarily conclusive, or there are contradictory studies. (but you have to look at who pays for the studies that contradict our modern american diet)



> Not that I am trying to say that obese people
> shouldn't take in some exercise and such - but
> there are many people that do not choose to be
> fat, yet they are. There are a lot of overweight
> people that do exercise regularly, and yet cannot
> drop weight without a severe limitation in caloric
> intake - even when they reach their desired
> weight. A lot of this has to do with the kinds of
> foods our country produces - if you get a
> cheesecake in the US it is VERY sweet, yet one
> made in Germany may look the same, and have maybe
> half the sugar. I know some folks from Germany
> that come here and have a hard time eating our
> desserts because they have too much sugar in them.
> There are also some people that only function well
> with a low carb intake diet, and others that
> function well with whatever they eat. Some of this
> is related to activity levels, but not in all
> cases. The point being, not everyone is the same -
> and what you may define as "normal" eating is not
> normal for someone else. I remember when I was a
> kid they used to talk about 3200 calories a day
> being normal, now they are saying 2800 a day or
> something like that - and again, it depends on
> your frame size and things like that. So even
> caloric intake can vary from person of the same
> height and weight depending on how they are
> built.

It's funny that people from Germany or Eastern Europe come here and don't believe they are changing their diet, they don't eat any more, and they think they are eating the same basic things they ate back home, but they still gain 20 or 30 pounds.

Our processed foods are all corn based, and corn derived.

It only follows logic. If we use corn to fatten up our cattle, and we feed ourselves corn, we are probably fattening ourselves up.




>
> But sorry, not all fat or obese people choose to
> be obese - the science out there to proves this.


I'm just about 100% positive that nobody CHOOSES to be obese. There may be a few people out of millions that actually desire to be obese, but I'm fairly certain that most would prefer NOT to be obese.

The thing is, making a conscious decision to be obese is not the same thing as making the conscious decision to eat to the point that you are uncomfortable and maybe even have indegestion, and will eventually make yourself obese. Genetics and evolution gave us cues as to when we should just stop eating. Granted, marketing and industrial food production has found ways to overcome that.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/18/2009 02:46AM by Thurston Moore.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fat People
Posted by: bloody blisters ()
Date: July 18, 2009 02:57AM

what ever happened to eat to live not live to eat? why the fuck does one need money to survive? even water costs money... the world is fucked

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fat People
Posted by: Thurston Moore ()
Date: July 18, 2009 03:10AM

bloody blisters Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> what ever happened to eat to live not live to eat?
> why the fuck does one need money to survive? even
> water costs money... the world is fucked


On a certain level, I can't argue that.

But on a more realistic note, why can't we pay $2.79 for a dozen eggs and know that the chickens that produce them are not living 6 or 8 to a battery cage, but are instead free range and living like chickens? Is it really worth it to buy our eggs for $1.39 a dozen, or even 89 cents a dozen, while the fucking hens are living in such shitty conditions that they lose half their feathers and never see the light of day? and are eating such an unnatural diet that the eggs they produce have practically no nutritional value besides the caloric quantity they provide?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fat People
Posted by: Harry Tuttle ()
Date: July 18, 2009 03:24AM

Bigots Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This thread proves that it is acceptable in
> society to be prejudice against the obese which is
> a product of behavior, yet it is not acceptable to
> be prejudice in society against other behaviors
> such as homosexuality.
>
> Prejudice against the obese is alive and socially
> acceptable. Why not treat all behaviors with such
> disdain?
>
> Obesity, the last accepted prejudice. Where is the
> ACLU?

Amen to that, brother! I say, "FUCK THE ACLU!!" until they pick up our cause... The only other "accepted prejudice" is the prejudice against the cigarette smoker... Can you believe the vitriol they receive?

Thurston Moore Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> On a certain level, I can't argue that.
>
> But on a more realistic note, why can't we pay
> $2.79 for a dozen eggs and know that the chickens
> that produce them are not living 6 or 8 to a
> battery cage, but are instead free range and
> living like chickens? Is it really worth it to
> buy our eggs for $1.39 a dozen, or even 89 cents a
> dozen, while the fucking hens are living in such
> shitty conditions that they lose half their
> feathers and never see the light of day? and are
> eating such an unnatural diet that the eggs they
> produce have practically no nutritional value
> besides the caloric quantity they provide?

Fuck "quantity over quality"...

On a tangent:

I always wondered why "organic" products cost more money than shit ass enriched or processed foods. It seems like the more time, effort and ingredients used, the more money it would cost to purchase...

That doesn't seem to be the case, however, as organic milk can be twice as expensive as the "other stuff".

Shouldn't organic be cheaper because less shit is added to it?... Less time is spent adding additional shit to it...?

Edit: I notice that, sometimes, cokes and gatorades are cheaper than bottled water... How does that work?



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/18/2009 03:26AM by Harry Tuttle.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fat People
Posted by: Thurston Moore ()
Date: July 18, 2009 11:06PM

Harry Tuttle Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Fuck "quantity over quality"...
>
> On a tangent:
>
> I always wondered why "organic" products cost more
> money than shit ass enriched or processed foods.
> It seems like the more time, effort and
> ingredients used, the more money it would cost to
> purchase...
>
> That doesn't seem to be the case, however, as
> organic milk can be twice as expensive as the
> "other stuff".
>
> Shouldn't organic be cheaper because less shit is
> added to it?... Less time is spent adding
> additional shit to it...?
>
> Edit: I notice that, sometimes, cokes and
> gatorades are cheaper than bottled water... How
> does that work?


I read somewhere that Coke produces its syrup in Ireland, and it costs them something like a few dollars to make 250,000 bottles worth of coca cola. It might even have been just 10 or 20 cents. I think the bottle is the most expensive ingredient in Coke.

The reason processed foods are cheaper than organic foods is because they use subsidized corn and soybeans, break apart the whole and turn it into many different products and use economies of scale. If you were to make a salisbury steak and macaroni and cheese dinner from actual food, the unprocessed real foods, it would cost you two or three times more, at least, than the stouffer's salisbury "steak" and mac and cheese entree they sell for $3.50. That's because you would be using real quality ground beef, and other real ingredients.

The longer the ingredient list on a food, the cheaper it is, usually. Because alot of those ingredients stretch and fill and make it cheaper to produce. Besides, most of the ingredients that you can't pronounce are things created in a lab from corn and soybean.

Plus, organic foods are more expensive to grow or raise. It's cheaper to put 10,000 hens in a shed than it is to put 100 hens out on a pasture. It's cheaper to jam 1,000 heads of cattle into a grassless feedlot and dump commodity, subsidized corn into troughs than it is to have enough land to support 1,000 cows who eat their natural diet of grass.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/18/2009 11:08PM by Thurston Moore.

Options: ReplyQuote


Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
 **    **  **      **  **    **  **     **  ********  
 **   **   **  **  **  **   **   **     **  **     ** 
 **  **    **  **  **  **  **    **     **  **     ** 
 *****     **  **  **  *****     *********  **     ** 
 **  **    **  **  **  **  **    **     **  **     ** 
 **   **   **  **  **  **   **   **     **  **     ** 
 **    **   ***  ***   **    **  **     **  ********  
This forum powered by Phorum.