HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Unpaid Child Support Consequences
Posted by: need to collect ()
Date: January 29, 2016 12:32PM

Anyone ever had their ex refuse to pay child support? What happened? It seems hard to collect or get a consequence.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Unpaid Child Support Consequences
Posted by: Ralph Pootawn ()
Date: January 29, 2016 12:35PM

need to collect Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Anyone ever had their ex refuse to pay child
> support? What happened? It seems hard to collect
> or get a consequence.

Should have swallowed.

Posted by: no way ho ()
Date: January 29, 2016 12:36PM

that is bullshit. go to court. if they dont pay they go to jail. its not hard at all.

Posted by: Toohey ()
Date: January 29, 2016 12:37PM

Go away, Megan. You don't have full custody of your kid, no one owes you child support, you can't even support your child.

Posted by: nipnotsignedin ()
Date: January 29, 2016 12:55PM

OP Ralph is correct but it's to late for that. Have you gone to DCSE? They are a pack of starved mongrels when it comes to collecting child support from dead beat parents. If you have been to court and have a judgment against the non-paying party they will enforce it. They are relentless and have the law on their side. If you haven't been to court and are relying on your SO to honor an agreement between you two go to their offices and open a case. They will make the non-paying parties asshole bleed.

https://www.dss.virginia.gov/family/dcse/

Once these people get into the act you will get all the help you need making the debtor live up to their obligation. Hope this helps...

Nip

Posted by: pissed off at DCSE in this area ()
Date: January 30, 2016 04:05PM

no way ho Wrote:
> that is bullshit. go to court. if they dont pay
> they go to jail. its not hard at all.

VA DCSE is a joke!

In FFX CO they transferred it to PWCO, because that is where I live.

PWCO then transferred it back to FFXCO because that is the court that made the decision for support and custody.

Then The non-custodial idiot fought they did not want to pay.

FFXCO gave the non-custodial Idiot a lower amount from $1,400/ mo to $704/ mo retroactively till the time they chose to stop paying! And made it only $6,400 they owed for more than a year of not paying, just cause they did not feel like it. Oh, and gave 5 years to pay the arrearages.

The non-custodial idiot did loose all physical custody, but retained visitation under supervision and did not have legal custody for a good 5 years prior. Really the judge only let the non-custodial idiot have supervised visits so they would legally still have to pay child support.

The non-custodial parent then made only ONE payment the next 3 months!

When I contacted FFXCO DCSE they said they "Forgot to follow up"

They then started docking the Non-custodial idiot's pay, until they quit their job less than 4 months later!

FFXCO DCSE then "forgot" again to dock his SSI and Unemployment.

When they caught up to the idiot, The non-custodial parent moved to a new state where unemployment could not be taken by Virginia. And they got a job, and filed for Disability with SSI and the VA!!!

The Idiot then tried again to get out of paying, and then FFXCO made me come to court, to sign a paper to say I lived in PWCO, and they wanted to transfer the case again! I missed a day of work cause they can't do their job!?!?!?!?!?

Then PWCO DCSE made me come to court AGAIN!!!! and they did deny the idiot's request to reduce or eliminate payments, they did not charge arrest, or detain the idiot. But the IDIOT said in court they worked, and was getting SSI, and VA disability, and never claimed my daughter as a dependant, yet NOBODY GAVE A SHIT!!!!!

So now it is five years later from the time the non-custodial idiot was given 5 years to pay. The Idiot owes my daughter over $40k, closer to $50k.

NOBODY from DCSE ever thought to seise tax returns, nobody ever thought to arrest the idiot, no drivers license suspension (they still has a VA license), nobody ever checked up with the companies the Idiot has listed on FB as where they work, nobody ever contacted SSI to seise the money or report the fraud, nobody ever followed up with the VA to report the fraud or seise the payments for DCSE!

SO I just last week got irritated, and contacted a lawyer, and they call PWCO DCSE and they seriously asked "Don't you think that is a little harsh? What are we supposed to do if he doesn't want to pay?"

YOUR JOB!!! I want to get some of the money my daughter is owed before her looser non-custodial parent dies.

And my lawyer can't do shit, because DCSE is the only one with the legal right to issue a warrant or to seise federal/ state funds for back child support!

Bunch of useless fucks! If I were on public assistance, they might give a shit. But because I work, and pay my bills nobody follows up on what my daughter is owed, and lets this get out of control!

One of my employees was always getting her baby daddy locked up for missing a payment of support, I mean like 3 days late his ass was in jail. And one of my former tenants was jailed 4 times for child support. I was all "Damn, dude you must owe a fortune! My daughter's non-custodial idiot owes $50k, and nothing ever happened."

Dude showed me the DCSE bill and it was NO SHIT $100! Yet they can't even start seising a tax return when my daughter is owed over $40k?

So OP, if your on welfare, Black, or Hispanic, they should be able to help you. But if you have a degree and are white they will "forget" that your child is owed money and they the non-custodial parent do what ever they want.

Posted by: Erftg ()
Date: January 30, 2016 04:16PM

You can take them court to make them pay up or they will get jail time for failure to pay. The trick is to find them and have them served.

Posted by: RU listening, eesh? ()
Date: January 30, 2016 10:19PM

after you and lizzie break up, you still have to support the little eeshlet.

Posted by: Ashley M ()
Date: January 04, 2017 12:17PM

This is exactly what is happening to me & has been for the past 6 years!!!

I get dragged to court, he's 50k behind and still has full rights and does nothing!!

They just yell at him and court and say what do you expect us to do??!!!

HELP!! Have you gotten any further?!!

Who do I talk to above the court system?
File a complaint against the judge? DCSE??

Posted by: Sjjdjff ()
Date: January 04, 2017 12:49PM

^^^^

get a lawyer. Child support is between the state and the father for the sole benefit of the child. Any decent judge would have put him in jail already until he paid.

I always pay on time every month, but then I'm not black and love my kids.

Posted by: CYJpJ ()
Date: January 04, 2017 01:03PM

is a foreigner who believes it's his job to fuck and government's job to pay the bills

can't understand why they aren't so hot about the idea

Posted by: NippleChuck ()
Date: January 04, 2017 01:15PM

Ashley M Wrote:
> This is exactly what is happening to me & has been
> for the past 6 years!!!
>
> I get dragged to court, he's 50k behind and still
> has full rights and does nothing!!
>
> They just yell at him and court and say what do
> you expect us to do??!!!
>
> HELP!! Have you gotten any further?!!
>
> Who do I talk to above the court system?
> File a complaint against the judge? DCSE??

Do like Sjjdjff says. He's right. DCSE will put the father through hell until he just gives in. They will ruin his credit prevent him from getting a job and put his ass in jail until he pays. And the debt he owes will never go away until it's paid in full.

Nip

Posted by: CtMdt ()
Date: January 05, 2017 07:10PM

Bet you have a real good job, live in a maxi-McMansion, and are loaded with stock portfolios and several streams of income. They (Fairfax justice systems) figure you don't need child support just to have a continuing power motivated revengeful relationship with a dork you never should have married in the first place. Find yourself a nice rich guy to marry to help raise the kid(s) and you can get the loser out of your life for good.

Posted by: Niggers ()
Date: January 05, 2017 07:17PM

Niggers. SMH...

Posted by: custodial parent ()
Date: January 11, 2017 09:54AM

Niggers Wrote:
> Niggers. SMH...

....like white/asian/indian people NEVER abandon their children.

You just wanted an excuse to say something racist.

I bet your dad left you and you are angry so want to lash out. Go work off that anger in the gym or something.

OP---

1. Get a lawyer. A new one. You may have to pay a little something up front but is WORTH IT.

2. File for a comtempt of court order. If you know where he is, it may be best to hire someone private to serve him- my ex- would see the sherrif's car pull up and the uniformed officer walk up to the door and run out the back door, or get his mom to say he wasn't home- we knew he was there. Once I paid a small fee and had a private server come up to the door, in plain clothes, of course mom opened the door and called for him, thinking dude was one of his old friends, and BOOM served. He couldn't weasel out of that one! The process server was smart and had a body cam and recorded the whole thing so he could not deny it later.

3. If he is hard to find (you tried facebook, the background searches, etc), might be worth it to hire a private investigator who can literally track him down. These bums hang on to shitty women who will let them stay there off the lease and hide them. Any decent PI could find him. These days I have seen them use gps trackers on their car or tracked their phone, all kinds of modern technology, he can't get TOO far. Make sure you turn this info over to DCSE too so they can't say they "didn't have it" so THEY can serve him too. If THEY fail to do so too, you can actually appeal it and find DCSE In contempt- I have done it SUCCESSFULLY- my caseworker fucked up royally and she was fired in the end and I was given a written apology and had a supervisor put on my case. Within 30 days I had payments to my account again.

4. He doesn't show to the contempt order, after being charged, there will be a WARRANT out for his arrest. Let the cops get 'em at that point. This warrant is LEGAL since YOU YOURSELF filed the order, had the BURDEN OF PROOF with DCSE's information showing you tried but THEY failed.

5. If you don't want to pay a lawyer- PI- server- then get on welfare (food stamps, medicaid)- and they will be QUICK to find him then.VA doesn't play with benefits and they WILL want their money back from the father. So they will pursue him then. Follow the money. Since you have some, they want YOU to pay to chase him down.

If you go on any public benefit they will pursue him more aggressively because now he is fucking with the COMMONWEALTHS money. They pay you $275 a month in TANF or EBT or medicaid, but they bill it to the NCP and want their money BACK.

AS it is now, it is only YOU that is owed money so the state doesn't care since it will COST them money to pursue him, they can only handle so many cases, and the ones on welfare costing the state money are a priority. Sad but true.

Me personally- NCP owed me 20k in back support. I too had a good job and paid for everything out of pocket.

Lawyer- $400
PI- $200 (who found him in 48 hours flat)
Process Server- $100

Getting that 20k back now (@500/month) + current CS since kid is still a minor- priceless.

If he misses one payment, jail it is for him. If the money is not in my account on the 3rd, I have the power to have him served for contempt on the 10th (allowing 7 days to be fair if there was a paycheck issue)- if we make it to the court date and still no payment (usually 60-90 days later since they are so backed up), he gets locked up on the spot.

Fear of jail finally got into him, he works at a restaurant now. He still doesn't bother to come see his kid, but hey door is open here he knows just call and give me an hour notice before he comes by so the kid can be showered dressed and ready to go with a bag packed if necessary to spend the night with him at his house, he never does, that is on HIM. I even have the kid call daddy but daddy never answers so i have kid leave him a message so there is proof we tried to contact him too. I am NOT keeping him away from his kid at all he is WELCOME to come pick him up and take him out if he wishes. So don't get mad at ME saying i kept the kid away from him due to money- NEVER that.

Posted by: ddy3k ()
Date: May 22, 2017 12:23PM

Good advice in the above post (1/11 @934am). Bumping for the other moms looking for info.

I am not a lawyer, just trying to help a friend in the same situation now, FYI.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.