HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Rep. Michelle Bachmann Won't Fill Out Census
Date: June 19, 2009 01:18PM

Batshit crazy Republican Representative Michelle Bachmann says she won't fill out the 2010 Census....

http://washingtontimes.com/news/2009/jun/17/exclusive-minn-lawmaker-fears-census-abuse/

I say, "Great!" I hope this encourages all of her dumbass followers to follow suit.

Someone needs to educate this dumb cunt about what the Census is used for. It determines the apportionment of Congressional Districts. In other words, the more Republicans who refuse to take the Census, the better it is for Democrats. More Congressional Districts will end up in Blue States and Democrat-voting urban centers, such as the Twin Cities in Minnesota.

So keep it up, you dumb bitch. Keep it up.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Rep. Michelle Bachmann Won't Fill Out Census
Posted by: pgens ()
Date: June 19, 2009 01:21PM

Not that I agree with Boxer, but if you read the article she said she would fill out the number of people in the household. That is the number that goes into apportionment. And if fewer people fill it out, it has the possible effect of reducing the number if representatives in a state and increasing the district sizes to fill the gaps.

Posted by: Registered Voter ()
Date: June 19, 2009 01:22PM

If she does what she says, it is fine.

In an interview Wednesday morning with The Washington Times "America's Morning News," Mrs. Bachmann, Minnesota Republican, said the questions have become "very intricate, very personal" and she also fears ACORN, the community organizing group that came under fire for its voter registration efforts last year, will be part of the Census Bureau's door-to-door information collection efforts.

"I know for my family the only question we will be answering is how many people are in our home," she said. "We won't be answering any information beyond that, because the Constitution doesn't require any information beyond that."

They are not supposed to apportion districts based on the Census - it is used to calculate the number of Representatives each State is apportioned based on total numbers. The State legislature may use Census figures and statistics to create the voting districts - and her not putting anything beyond the number of residents in the household is actually better overall since it doesn't allow them to apportion based on her ethnicity.

Date: June 19, 2009 01:23PM

pgens Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Not that I agree with Boxer, but if you read the
> article she said she would fill out the number of
> people in the household. That is the number that
> goes into apportionment. And if fewer people fill
> it out, it has the possible effect of reducing the
> number if representatives in a state and
> increasing the district sizes to fill the gaps.

The question is, are incomplete Census forms processed? And, further, are the Rednecks in her CD smart enough to do the first part, or are they simply going to refuse to answer altogether. I venture to guess the latter.

Posted by: pgens ()
Date: June 19, 2009 01:25PM

Dunno. And I am confusing my threads, I meant to say "Bachmann" in my post.

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: June 19, 2009 01:44PM

i know for a fact that the census information is safe and that it's likely the census will fail in 2010. dont worry though, they have only spent 800 million on it.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.