HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
The American Empire is Bankrupt
Posted by: Vince(1) ()
Date: June 16, 2009 05:20PM

Personally I found the article a little bit alarmist...but worth sharing...

http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/20090614_the_american_empire_is_bankrupt/

Registered Voter...a Big talking coward..big man on FFXU...little man in life.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The American Empire is Bankrupt
Posted by: Furfur ()
Date: June 16, 2009 05:38PM

Its okay, because we have all those hard-working, tax-paying illegal immigrants that are saving the country. In 50 years, fat white 20 somethings will be an extinct breed, and the Hispanic man will lead this country to prosperity and peace.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“It's too bad that stupidity isn't painful." - Anton Lavey

Posted by: conVince ()
Date: June 16, 2009 05:47PM

Furfur Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> In 50 years, fat white 20 somethings will
> be an extinct breed, and the Hispanic man will
> lead this country to prosperity and peace.

Sure, just as they do now in all the countries they occupy and rule legally. Nice model to use for forecasting our fate under Vince's Utopia!

Posted by: Warhawk ()
Date: June 16, 2009 05:49PM

definitely alarmist but probably closer to accurate than people want to believe.

Date: June 16, 2009 06:11PM

Warhawk Wrote:
> definitely alarmist but probably closer to
> accurate than people want to believe.

I dont think there is any doubt that the world governments are nervous holding so many US dollars. It is naive to think they wont do anything about it.

Looking back...and hindsight is 20-20...the biggest mistake we made is fighting wars in the tradition of the past. Just as the British held on to marching their soldiers across an open field too long...we failed to realize that wars dependent on military might are defunct. What gives a nation power and influence in the 21st century is the health of an economy. Having as large a percentage of our economy going into our military industrail complex...with out the foundation of a healthy economy is a formula for defeat. That of course could be said of much if not all of the govt spending. But in no sphere of the economy is more money wasted then in building a bomb...especially when a million dollar bomb is used to destroy a mud hut some where in the 3rd world.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/16/2009 06:13PM by Vince(1).

Date: June 16, 2009 07:39PM

I'm going to get flamed for writing this, but if you look hard enough, you'll find that Osama Bin Laden indicated that he knew he could never militarily beat the US. He hoped to drag us into a conflict that would eventually bankrupt us. That was his goal...overextension and economic defeat. The subprime/banking bullshit has only helped him achieve it faster.

Posted by: inkahootz ()
Date: June 16, 2009 07:41PM

Warhawk Wrote:
> I'm going to get flamed for writing this, but if
> you look hard enough, you'll find that Osama Bin
> Laden indicated that he knew he could never
> militarily beat the US. He hoped to drag us into
> a conflict that would eventually bankrupt us.
> That was his goal...overextension and economic
> defeat. The subprime/banking bullshit has only
> helped him achieve it faster.

Just like the Soviet Union.

edit by Cary: Account password compromised, disabled by administrator.

Date: June 16, 2009 07:43PM

inkahootz Wrote:
> Warhawk Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I'm going to get flamed for writing this, but
> if
> > you look hard enough, you'll find that Osama
> Bin
> > Laden indicated that he knew he could never
> > militarily beat the US. He hoped to drag us
> into
> > a conflict that would eventually bankrupt us.
> > That was his goal...overextension and economic
> > defeat. The subprime/banking bullshit has only
> > helped him achieve it faster.
>
>
> Just like the Soviet Union.

Or Rome. Or any empire that becomes too big and overextended for it's own good. We're no different.

Posted by: jmu5647 ()
Date: June 16, 2009 07:45PM

That's true @ Rome comparison. We didn't think we'd have to pay it back now did we?

Posted by: tony ()
Date: June 16, 2009 08:53PM

Since the beginning, I have said Obama, not Osama, is out to destroy
this country.
The Marxist Messiah is a communist....old fashion word,..get over it..

But the SHEEPLE of Amerika lies down and does not fight...
WAKE UP PEOPLE

Posted by: Beavis ()
Date: June 16, 2009 09:28PM

Shut the fuck up you flaming sack of shit.

You fucked this country up with your republican vote.

Posted by: Dwight. ()
Date: June 16, 2009 10:21PM

zeitgeist

Posted by: spook ()
Date: June 16, 2009 11:58PM

Dwight. Wrote:
> zeitgeist

+1

Posted by: Jerry Rubin ()
Date: June 17, 2009 01:27AM

Vince(1) Wrote:
> Personally I found the article a little bit
> alarmist...but worth sharing...
>
> http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/20090614_the_a
> merican_empire_is_bankrupt/

Interesting you've posted something depicting a Federal Reserve Note. In the
past, you have been totally incapable of discussing Fed monetary policy.
Once again, you've gotten yourself in over your head. You're mommy's calling
you Vincy! Dangerous to play inside the Beltway!

Date: June 17, 2009 04:54AM

"The American Empire is Bankrupt"

Whos the emperor? Mobile? Microsoft?

Posted by: Kenny_Powers ()
Date: June 17, 2009 05:06AM

Dwight. Wrote:
> "The American Empire is Bankrupt"
>
> Whos the emperor? Mobile? Microsoft?

well when a country has standing armys in multiple countrys around the world, as well as when our policy dictates policy for the rest of the world, its hard to not call us an empire.

Date: June 17, 2009 06:43AM

Why is the dollar the world's reserve currency? Why isn't the Euro or the Ruble or the Yuan?

It's because investors believe in the stability of American democracy. No one is going to place that kind of bet on Russia or China (Europe may be another matter).

Date: June 17, 2009 07:05AM

WashingTone Locian Wrote:
> Why is the dollar the world's reserve currency?
> Why isn't the Euro or the Ruble or the Yuan?
>
> It's because investors believe in the stability of
> American democracy. No one is going to place that
> kind of bet on Russia or China (Europe may be
> another matter).

It may not be up for a vote...the countries with the dollars may be able to control the decision.

Date: June 17, 2009 09:16AM

Vince(1) Wrote:
> WashingTone Locian Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Why is the dollar the world's reserve currency?
> > Why isn't the Euro or the Ruble or the Yuan?
> >
> > It's because investors believe in the stability
> of
> > American democracy. No one is going to place
> that
> > kind of bet on Russia or China (Europe may be
> > another matter).
>
> It may not be up for a vote...the countries with
> the dollars may be able to control the decision.

The dollar reserves are like a revolver to the heads of these countries. If they start dumping the dollar, the value of the reserves will drop exponentially very quickly. They have no choice, no matter how much rhetorical saber rattling they do.

Posted by: Registered Voter ()
Date: June 17, 2009 12:34PM

Yes, while the article is alarmist, we aren't going there yet. China blowing up US currency is like cutting it's own throat. The Russians are the only ones pushing "loudly" for diversifying the reserves, not totally removing the dollar (more of them trying to re-assert themselves). The other countries (China, India, etc) have talked about it here and there, but they aren't ready to pull the trigger yet. These countries all depend on heavy US spending to keep their economies afloat, and they are not at a point yet where they want to so devalue US currency that it screws them also. China is big, but they do not generate near the amount of consumer (or any) spending that the US does. Right now (IMO) I think there is a wait and see going on - certainly they are discussing the prospects, but I am sure many of them are just testing the waters right now, trying to see how they could possibly weather the storm if we do crash, and more likely they are also trying to figure out amongst the bunch of them what the true limit is on how far they will let us go. As it is now we are up against the wall with foreign creditors, and soon the Fed is going to have to move to start pulling dollars back in or start us rolling down a massive inflation cycle that will accomplish almost the same thing.

Until they stabilize the housing market though (and it isn't there yet) that is the least of their problems.

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: June 18, 2009 07:26AM

Dwight. Wrote:
> "The American Empire is Bankrupt"
>
> Whos the emperor? Mobile? Microsoft?

not even close.
Attachments:
128683340838034325.jpg

Posted by: § ()
Date: June 18, 2009 10:12AM

LOL @ Gravis. That rocks.
Attachments:
bankruptcyknowledge.JPG

Posted by: Govt is the Problem..... ()
Date: June 18, 2009 10:22AM

Welcome aboard!!

Posted by: Govt is the Problem.... ()
Date: June 18, 2009 12:30PM

Posted by: Govt is the Problem...... ()
Date: June 18, 2009 12:52PM

Projected out for the 2009 outlays (3,998B)
Attachments:
Picture4.png

Posted by: LOLcat ()
Date: June 18, 2009 01:00PM

Attachments:
lolcat.jpg

Posted by: Govt is the Problem...... ()
Date: June 18, 2009 01:05PM

Now combined with receipts
Attachments:
Picture5.jpg

Posted by: LOLcat ()
Date: June 18, 2009 01:10PM

/
Attachments:
prophet_lol_cat.jpg

Posted by: Steve Wilhite ()
Date: June 18, 2009 03:15PM

Its okay, because we have all those hard-working, tax-paying illegal immigrants that are saving the country. In 50 years, fat white 20 somethings will be an extinct breed, and the Hispanic man will lead this country to prosperity and peace.

Just like they do in Mexico!

Posted by: Bill Sikes ()
Date: June 18, 2009 03:15PM

what about the blacks?

Posted by: Rougue Herries ()
Date: June 18, 2009 03:18PM

Headlines: “Chrysler Heads Back to Bankruptcy Court Friday”; “Crash Diet: GM Getting in Shape for Chapter Eleven”’ “Economy Sinks at a 5.7 Percent Rate in 1Q.”

We’re a Second World country and working on Third, I tell you. We probably won’t be ale to make our own cars before long. The economy is croaking. So what we need to do is have a lot of expensive foreign wars. Anybody can see it. You can’t run your own country? Then kill a bunch of thirteenth-century peasants. That’ll fix it.

I think I may have to take over the economy. Yes, I hear you asking, “Fred, what arrogance, even by your vertiginous standards. You aren’t an economist. What makes you think you know anything about economics?”

To which I reply, “What makes you think economists know anything about economics? Who got us into this mess, me or economists? I have never bought anything on credit in my life, and I have zero debt. Would you rather have me running things, or economists?”

Headline: “North Korea Tests Missiles.” Oh good. North Korea has the Bomb and, now, missiles of short range. Short is how long the range is to Seoul and the American bases in South Korea. Bad juju, says my astute military mind. And so Hillary Clinton, former First Housewife turned Millie Metternich and expert on all things foreign, wants sanctions against North Korea. This makes perfect sense. They’ve got nuclear weapons, so let’s piss them off. Sanctions will have no effect on their Bomb, but may make them desperate enough to use it. What could be a better idea?

Remember when George W. Huffenpuff was never going to let the malignant Northerners have the Bomb? No, indeed. He was going to pyong their yang if they even thought about it. That worked, didn’t it? Now President Blackbush is making threatening noises at Korea as if he could do anything about it. He’s going to make those heathen behave, and put the cost on the national credit card with the Bank of China.

Headline: “Army Chief: US Can Fight N. Korea if Necessary.” Yes. General George Casey, Army chief of staff, says we’re ready. In the accompanying photo he has the daft look of a Moonie Boy Scout. I have thought that officers must be issued some form of psychological disturbance when they sign up. Anyway, the US economy is rattling its death rattle, industry either leaves the country or goes tits sunward, America is now the world’s greatest debtor nation, and this dazed silver-haired bull dog wants another war. Why? What’s wrong with the wars we’ve got?

Headline: “Israel Dismisses US Demand on Settlements.” I guess that doesn’t leave much doubt about who controls Washington. Israel, being utterly dependent on the United States for its existence, is the one country that Washington should be able to dictate to. If the US were an independent country, and told the Knesset to wear tutus and toe shoes, in ten minutes they’d be grunting their way through Swan Lake. I don’t know, though. Given how the US manages its own foreign policy, I can see why the Israelis might not be enthusiastic about American suggestions.

Headline: “Senator Lautenberg: US Won’t Be Upset if Israel Strikes Iran.” Well, Senator Lautenberg, presumably an Arab, won’t be upset. But with which Americans has he consulted? Me? I guess I missed his call.

Real answer: He has consulted with Congress, 535 commoditized temple monkeys pawing through the ruins of America in search of bribes. The bicameral whorehouse on Capitol Hill works like a vending machine. You put coins in the slot, select your law, and the desired legislation slides out.

Thing is, Israel can’t attack Iran without an American OK, which Iran knows, so that puts us at war with Iran, and our Iraqi colony shares a long border with Iran, while Israel doesn’t. Something to think about. Should we ever take up thinking.

Headline: “Study: Israeli Attack on Iran Unlikely to Work.” If I were an Israeli, I’d worry about that too. Right now, Iran and Israel are making unpleasant noises at each other, but no more. What if Israel, that least Jewish of countries, attacks but doesn’t kill Iran’s nuclear program? Bombing is an act of war. It would give Iran every moral and legal right to bomb back with anything it had, or might make soon. Kerblooey.

Both America and Israel are accustomed to attacking countries that can’t hit back. There is such a thing as getting too comfortable.

Headline: “White House: Solomayor Says She Chose Word Poorly.” She is Blackbush’s choice for the Supreme Mausoleum. Court, I meant. Apparently what she said was that a “wise Latina woman” would reach better decisions than “a white male.” Oh. Then why have a Supreme Court at all? We could just replace it with a wise Latina woman. I wonder who she has in mind.

My thought was, oh god, more smug misandry. More man-bashing from an angry brown female who doesn’t know how her car works. I’m happy with Latinos on the Court, or –as, or women or blacks or Jews. But not another wielder of mortal boredom, blathering about white males.

See why cyanide appeals?

Headline: “Pakistani Army Retakes Largest Town in Swat Valley.”

Once more we see the iron claws of the Pentagon digging at the eyeballs of backward countries. Have we no shame? (No.) We want the gas of the Caspian Basin so we invade Afghanistan, yelling and honking about democracy and terror. Next we start murdering Pakistanis from the air with really fun drones, and now we force the Pakis to kill their own people. This is the Southeast Asian paradigm. We killed a million Vietnamese for no particular reason, savaged Laos, brought Pol Pot to power, and then went home to swim at Malibu. Iran, however, is a rogue country.

New headline, just popped up: “Gates: Nuclear Armed North Korea Not Acceptable.” What the hell does that mean? They are nuclear-armed. You either nuke them, invade them, or accept them. Which? Anything any country does is acceptable unless you are prepared and able not to accept it. Fizzing and blowing serves only to advertise impotence.

Headline: “Swine Flu in Ecuador.” I guess that explains why it isn’t in Mexico: It’s somewhere else. For weeks Mexico has been standing on its head to repel the dread epidemic. Schools closed, bars closed, public events were canceled, the government handed out little masks. No flu. I’m thinking of importing a case and charging people to look at it. It would be a bigger draw than a three-headed goat. We have yet to see a case of flu.

Date: June 18, 2009 05:02PM

Rougue Herries Wrote:
> Headlines: “Chrysler Heads Back to Bankruptcy
> Court Friday”; “Crash Diet: GM Getting in Shape
> for Chapter Eleven”’ “Economy Sinks at a 5.7
> Percent Rate in 1Q.”
>
> We’re a Second World country and working on Third,
> I tell you. We probably won’t be ale to make our
> own cars before long. The economy is croaking. So
> what we need to do is have a lot of expensive
> foreign wars. Anybody can see it. You can’t run
> your own country? Then kill a bunch of
> thirteenth-century peasants. That’ll fix it.
>
> I think I may have to take over the economy. Yes,
> I hear you asking, “Fred, what arrogance, even by
> your vertiginous standards. You aren’t an
> economist. What makes you think you know anything
> about economics?”
>
> To which I reply, “What makes you think economists
> know anything about economics? Who got us into
> this mess, me or economists? I have never bought
> anything on credit in my life, and I have zero
> debt. Would you rather have me running things, or
> economists?”
>
> Headline: “North Korea Tests Missiles.” Oh good.
> North Korea has the Bomb and, now, missiles of
> short range. Short is how long the range is to
> Seoul and the American bases in South Korea. Bad
> juju, says my astute military mind. And so Hillary
> Clinton, former First Housewife turned Millie
> Metternich and expert on all things foreign, wants
> sanctions against North Korea. This makes perfect
> sense. They’ve got nuclear weapons, so let’s piss
> them off. Sanctions will have no effect on their
> Bomb, but may make them desperate enough to use
> it. What could be a better idea?
>
> Remember when George W. Huffenpuff was never going
> to let the malignant Northerners have the Bomb?
> No, indeed. He was going to pyong their yang if
> they even thought about it. That worked, didn’t
> it? Now President Blackbush is making threatening
> noises at Korea as if he could do anything about
> it. He’s going to make those heathen behave, and
> put the cost on the national credit card with the
> Bank of China.
>
> Headline: “Army Chief: US Can Fight N. Korea if
> Necessary.” Yes. General George Casey, Army chief
> of staff, says we’re ready. In the accompanying
> photo he has the daft look of a Moonie Boy Scout.
> I have thought that officers must be issued some
> form of psychological disturbance when they sign
> up. Anyway, the US economy is rattling its death
> rattle, industry either leaves the country or goes
> tits sunward, America is now the world’s greatest
> debtor nation, and this dazed silver-haired bull
> dog wants another war. Why? What’s wrong with the
> wars we’ve got?
>
> Headline: “Israel Dismisses US Demand on
> Settlements.” I guess that doesn’t leave much
> doubt about who controls Washington. Israel, being
> utterly dependent on the United States for its
> existence, is the one country that Washington
> should be able to dictate to. If the US were an
> independent country, and told the Knesset to wear
> tutus and toe shoes, in ten minutes they’d be
> grunting their way through Swan Lake. I don’t
> know, though. Given how the US manages its own
> foreign policy, I can see why the Israelis might
> not be enthusiastic about American suggestions.
>
> Headline: “Senator Lautenberg: US Won’t Be Upset
> if Israel Strikes Iran.” Well, Senator Lautenberg,
> presumably an Arab, won’t be upset. But with which
> Americans has he consulted? Me? I guess I missed
> his call.
>
> Real answer: He has consulted with Congress, 535
> commoditized temple monkeys pawing through the
> ruins of America in search of bribes. The
> bicameral whorehouse on Capitol Hill works like a
> vending machine. You put coins in the slot, select
> your law, and the desired legislation slides out.
>
> Thing is, Israel can’t attack Iran without an
> American OK, which Iran knows, so that puts us at
> war with Iran, and our Iraqi colony shares a long
> border with Iran, while Israel doesn’t. Something
> to think about. Should we ever take up thinking.
>
> Headline: “Study: Israeli Attack on Iran Unlikely
> to Work.” If I were an Israeli, I’d worry about
> that too. Right now, Iran and Israel are making
> unpleasant noises at each other, but no more. What
> if Israel, that least Jewish of countries, attacks
> but doesn’t kill Iran’s nuclear program? Bombing
> is an act of war. It would give Iran every moral
> and legal right to bomb back with anything it had,
> or might make soon. Kerblooey.
>
> Both America and Israel are accustomed to
> attacking countries that can’t hit back. There is
> such a thing as getting too comfortable.
>
> Headline: “White House: Solomayor Says She Chose
> Word Poorly.” She is Blackbush’s choice for the
> Supreme Mausoleum. Court, I meant. Apparently what
> she said was that a “wise Latina woman” would
> reach better decisions than “a white male.” Oh.
> Then why have a Supreme Court at all? We could
> just replace it with a wise Latina woman. I wonder
> who she has in mind.
>
> My thought was, oh god, more smug misandry. More
> man-bashing from an angry brown female who doesn’t
> know how her car works. I’m happy with Latinos on
> the Court, or –as, or women or blacks or Jews. But
> not another wielder of mortal boredom, blathering
> about white males.
>
> See why cyanide appeals?
>
> Headline: “Pakistani Army Retakes Largest Town in
> Swat Valley.”
>
> Once more we see the iron claws of the Pentagon
> digging at the eyeballs of backward countries.
> Have we no shame? (No.) We want the gas of the
> Caspian Basin so we invade Afghanistan, yelling
> and honking about democracy and terror. Next we
> start murdering Pakistanis from the air with
> really fun drones, and now we force the Pakis to
> kill their own people. This is the Southeast Asian
> paradigm. We killed a million Vietnamese for no
> particular reason, savaged Laos, brought Pol Pot
> to power, and then went home to swim at Malibu.
> Iran, however, is a rogue country.
>
> New headline, just popped up: “Gates: Nuclear
> Armed North Korea Not Acceptable.” What the hell
> does that mean? They are nuclear-armed. You either
> nuke them, invade them, or accept them. Which?
> Anything any country does is acceptable unless you
> are prepared and able not to accept it. Fizzing
> and blowing serves only to advertise impotence.
>
> Headline: “Swine Flu in Ecuador.” I guess that
> explains why it isn’t in Mexico: It’s somewhere
> else. For weeks Mexico has been standing on its
> head to repel the dread epidemic. Schools closed,
> bars closed, public events were canceled, the
> government handed out little masks. No flu. I’m
> thinking of importing a case and charging people
> to look at it. It would be a bigger draw than a
> three-headed goat. We have yet to see a case of
> flu.

hmmm

Date: June 18, 2009 05:12PM

Interesting point, Dwight.

Might I add, "*Sigh* My eyes burn."
Attachments:
WallSt3.JPG

Posted by: Steve Wilhite ()
Date: June 18, 2009 05:16PM

Congress, 535 commoditized temple monkeys pawing through the
ruins of America in search of bribes. The bicameral whorehouse on Capitol Hill works like a vending machine. You put coins in the slot, select your law, and the desired legislation slides out.

I love that kind of talk!

Date: June 18, 2009 05:22PM

§ Wrote:
> Interesting point, Dwight.
>
> Might I add, "*Sigh* My eyes burn."
> .

Sure, that was a ridiculously long post that didn't bear repeating but...

If you can’t model the past, where you know the answer pretty well, how can you model the future? - William Happer Cyrus Fogg Brackett Professor of Physics Princeton University
Attachments:
political-pictures-bashar-jaafari-shut-up.jpg

Posted by: Anne Elk ()
Date: June 18, 2009 05:30PM

Yes I quite agree I mean what's the point of being treated like sheep. What's the point of going abroad if you're just another tourist carted around in buses surrounded by sweaty mindless oafs from Kettering and Coventry in their cloth caps and their cardigans and their transistor radios and their Sunday Mirrors, complaining about the tea - "Oh they don't make it properly here, do they, not like at home" - and stopping at Majorcan bodegas selling fish and chips and Watney's Red Barrel and calamares and two veg and sitting in their cotton frocks squirting Timothy White's suncream all over their puffy raw swollen purulent flesh 'cos they "overdid it on the first day." And being herded into endless Hotel Miramars and Bellvueses and Continentales with their modern international luxury roomettes and draught Red Barrel and swimming pools full of fat German businessmen pretending they're acrobats forming pyramids and frightening the children and barging into queues and if you're not at your table spot on seven you miss the bowl of Campbell's Cream of Mushroom soup, the first item on the menu of International Cuisine, and every Thursday night the hotel has a bloody cabaret in the bar, featuring a tiny emaciated dago with nine-inch hips and some bloated fat tart with her hair brylcreemed down and a big arse presenting Flamenco for Foreigners. And then some adenoidal typists from Birmingham with flabby white legs and diarrhoea trying to pick up hairy bandy-legged wop waiters called Manuel and once a week there's an excursion to the local Roman Remains to buy cherryade and melted ice cream and bleeding Watney's Red Barrel and one evening you visit the so called typical restaurant with local colour and atmosphere and you sit next to a party from Rhyl who keep singing "Torremolinos, torremolinos" and complaining about the food - "It's so greasy isn't it?" - and you get cornered by some drunken greengrocer from Luton with an Instamatic camera and Dr. Scholl sandals and last Tuesday's Daily Express and he drones on and on about how Mr. Smith should be running this country and how many languages Enoch Pow ell can speak and then he throws up over the Cuba Libres. And sending tinted postcards of places they don't realise they haven't even visited to "All at number 22, weather wonderful, our room is marked with an 'X'. Food very greasy but we've found a charming little local place hidden away in the back streets. Where they serve Watney's Red Barrel and cheese and onion crisps and the accordionist plays 'Maybe it's because I'm a Londoner'." And spending four days on the tarmac at Luton airport on a five-day package tour with nothing to eat but dried BEA-type sandwiches and you can't even get a drink of Watney's Red Barrel because you're still in England and the bloody bar closes every time you're thirsty and there's nowhere to sleep and the kids are crying and vomiting and breaking the plastic ash-trays and they keep telling you it'll only be another hour although your plane is still in Iceland and has to take some Swedes to Yugoslavia before it can load you up at 3 a.m. in the bloody morning and you sit on the tarmac till six because of "unforeseen difficulties", i.e. the permanent strike of Air Traffic Control in Paris - and nobody can go to the lavatory until you take off at 8, and when you get to Malaga airport everybody's swallowing "enterovioform" and queuing for the toilets and queuing for the armed customs officers, and queuing for the bloody bus that isn't there to take you to the hotel that hasn't yet been finished. And when you finally get to the half-built Algerian ruin called the Hotel del Sol by paying half your holiday money to a licensed bandit in a taxi you find there's no water in the pool, there's no water in the taps, there's no water in the bog and there's only a bleeding lizard in the bidet. And half the rooms are double booked and you can't sleep anyway because of the permanent twenty-four-hour drilling of the foundations of the hotel next door - and you're plagues by appalling apprentice chemists from Ealing pretending to be hippies, and middle-class stockbrokers' wives busily buying identical holiday villas in suburban development plots just like Esher, in case the Labour government gets in again, and fat American matrons with sloppy-buttocks and Hawaiian-patterned ski pants looking for any mulatto male who can keep it up long enough when they finally let it all flop out. And the Spanish Tourist Board promises you that the raging cholera epidemic is merely a case of mild Spanish tummy, like the previous outbreak of Spanish tummy in 1660 which killed half London and decimated Europe - and meanwhile the bloody Guardia are busy arresting sixteen-year-olds for kissing in the streets and shooting anyone under nineteen who doesn't like Franco. And then on the last day in the airport lounge everyone's comparing sunburns, drinking Nasty Spumante, buying cartons of duty free "cigarillos" and using up their last pesetas on horrid dolls in Spanish National costume and awful straw donkeys and bullfight posters with your name on "Ordoney, El Cordobes and Brian Pules of Norwich" and 3-D pictures of the Pope and Kennedy and Franco, and everybody's talking about coming again next year and you swear you never will although there you are tumbling bleary-eyed out of a tourist-tight antique Iberian airplane...

Date: June 18, 2009 05:39PM

Anne Elk Wrote:
> blah blah blah I read this in a tabloid blah blah blah

I learned what paragraphs were in the first grade, and you?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: June 18, 2009 05:41PM

The trolls are out in force......

Posted by: furfur is a pussy ()
Date: June 18, 2009 05:45PM

It's beyond your meager comprehension Furfur you asshole.

Date: June 18, 2009 06:13PM

Anne Elk Wrote:
> Yes I quite agree I mean what's the point of being
> treated like sheep. What's the point of going
> abroad if you're just another tourist carted
> around in buses surrounded by sweaty mindless oafs
> from Kettering and Coventry in their cloth caps
> and their cardigans and their transistor radios
> and their Sunday Mirrors, complaining about the
> tea - "Oh they don't make it properly here, do
> they, not like at home" - and stopping at Majorcan
> bodegas selling fish and chips and Watney's Red
> Barrel and calamares and two veg and sitting in
> their cotton frocks squirting Timothy White's
> suncream all over their puffy raw swollen purulent
> flesh 'cos they "overdid it on the first day."
> And being herded into endless Hotel Miramars and
> Bellvueses and Continentales with their modern
> international luxury roomettes and draught Red
> Barrel and swimming pools full of fat German
> businessmen pretending they're acrobats forming
> pyramids and frightening the children and barging
> into queues and if you're not at your table spot
> on seven you miss the bowl of Campbell's Cream of
> Mushroom soup, the first item on the menu of
> International Cuisine, and every Thursday night
> the hotel has a bloody cabaret in the bar,
> featuring a tiny emaciated dago with nine-inch
> hips and some bloated fat tart with her hair
> brylcreemed down and a big arse presenting
> Flamenco for Foreigners. And then some adenoidal
> typists from Birmingham with flabby white legs and
> diarrhoea trying to pick up hairy bandy-legged wop
> waiters called Manuel and once a week there's an
> excursion to the local Roman Remains to buy
> cherryade and melted ice cream and bleeding
> Watney's Red Barrel and one evening you visit the
> so called typical restaurant with local colour and
> atmosphere and you sit next to a party from Rhyl
> who keep singing "Torremolinos, torremolinos" and
> complaining about the food - "It's so greasy isn't
> it?" - and you get cornered by some drunken
> greengrocer from Luton with an Instamatic camera
> and Dr. Scholl sandals and last Tuesday's Daily
> Express and he drones on and on about how Mr.
> Smith should be running this country and how many
> languages Enoch Pow ell can speak and then he
> throws up over the Cuba Libres. And sending tinted
> postcards of places they don't realise they
> haven't even visited to "All at number 22, weather
> wonderful, our room is marked with an 'X'. Food
> very greasy but we've found a charming little
> local place hidden away in the back streets. Where
> they serve Watney's Red Barrel and cheese and
> onion crisps and the accordionist plays 'Maybe
> it's because I'm a Londoner'." And spending four
> days on the tarmac at Luton airport on a five-day
> package tour with nothing to eat but dried
> BEA-type sandwiches and you can't even get a drink
> of Watney's Red Barrel because you're still in
> England and the bloody bar closes every time
> you're thirsty and there's nowhere to sleep and
> the kids are crying and vomiting and breaking the
> plastic ash-trays and they keep telling you it'll
> only be another hour although your plane is still
> in Iceland and has to take some Swedes to
> Yugoslavia before it can load you up at 3 a.m. in
> the bloody morning and you sit on the tarmac till
> six because of "unforeseen difficulties", i.e. the
> permanent strike of Air Traffic Control in Paris -
> and nobody can go to the lavatory until you take
> off at 8, and when you get to Malaga airport
> everybody's swallowing "enterovioform" and queuing
> for the toilets and queuing for the armed customs
> officers, and queuing for the bloody bus that
> isn't there to take you to the hotel that hasn't
> yet been finished. And when you finally get to the
> half-built Algerian ruin called the Hotel del Sol
> by paying half your holiday money to a licensed
> bandit in a taxi you find there's no water in the
> pool, there's no water in the taps, there's no
> water in the bog and there's only a bleeding
> lizard in the bidet. And half the rooms are double
> booked and you can't sleep anyway because of the
> permanent twenty-four-hour drilling of the
> foundations of the hotel next door - and you're
> plagues by appalling apprentice chemists from
> Ealing pretending to be hippies, and middle-class
> stockbrokers' wives busily buying identical
> holiday villas in suburban development plots just
> like Esher, in case the Labour government gets in
> again, and fat American matrons with
> sloppy-buttocks and Hawaiian-patterned ski pants
> looking for any mulatto male who can keep it up
> long enough when they finally let it all flop out.
> And the Spanish Tourist Board promises you that
> the raging cholera epidemic is merely a case of
> mild Spanish tummy, like the previous outbreak of
> Spanish tummy in 1660 which killed half London and
> decimated Europe - and meanwhile the bloody
> Guardia are busy arresting sixteen-year-olds for
> kissing in the streets and shooting anyone under
> nineteen who doesn't like Franco. And then on the
> last day in the airport lounge everyone's
> comparing sunburns, drinking Nasty Spumante,
> buying cartons of duty free "cigarillos" and using
> up their last pesetas on horrid dolls in Spanish
> National costume and awful straw donkeys and
> bullfight posters with your name on "Ordoney, El
> Cordobes and Brian Pules of Norwich" and 3-D
> pictures of the Pope and Kennedy and Franco, and
> everybody's talking about coming again next year
> and you swear you never will although there you
> are tumbling bleary-eyed out of a tourist-tight
> antique Iberian airplane...

hahaha.. what??

Posted by: Sneed Hearn ()
Date: June 18, 2009 10:59PM

...and swimming pools full of fat German businessmen pretending they're acrobats forming pyramids and frightening the children and barging into queues and if you're not at your table spot on seven you miss the bowl of Campbell's Cream of Mushroom soup, the first item on the menu of International Cuisine, and every Thursday night the hotel has a bloody cabaret in the bar, featuring a tiny emaciated dago with nine-inch hips and some bloated fat tart with her hair brylcreemed down and a big arse presenting Flamenco for Foreigners...

Damn that's funny!

Posted by: ITRADE ()
Date: June 19, 2009 09:30AM

ãªè©Ñ¹ÂÍÁÃѺ¤è͹¢éÒ§©Ñ¹ËÁÒ¤ÇÒÁÇèÒÍÐäèش¢Í§¡ÒÃÃÑ¡ÉÒàªè¹á¡Ð. ÍÐäèش仵èÒ§»ÃÐà·È¶éҤسà¾Õ§Í×è¹ carted ·èͧà·ÕèÂÇÃͺã¹Ã¶â´ÂÊÒÃÅéÍÁÃͺ´éÇ¢Ѻà˧×èÍàÅÔ¹àÅèÍ oafs ¨Ò¡ Kettering áÅÐâ¤àǹ·ÃÕã¹¼éÒ¾ÔÁ¾ìãË­èáÅÐ cardigans áÅзÃÒ¹«ÔÊàµÍÃì radios áÅÐÇѹÍÒ·ÔµÂìÍèÒ§ÍÒº¹éÓ, ºè¹à¡ÕèÂǡѺªÒ - "áËÁ¾Ç¡à¢Ò·ÓãËéäÁèàËÁÒÐÊÁ·Õè¹ÕèÇèҾǡà¢ÒäÁèàËÁ×͹·ÕèºéÒ¹ "- áÅÐËÂØ´·Õè Majorcan bodegas ¢Ò»ÅÒáÅЪԻáÅÐ Watney ¢Í§ÊÕá´§ºÒÃìàÃÅáÅÐ calamares áÅÐÊͧ veg áÅйÑè§ã¹½éÒ frocks squirting Timothy ¢ÒǢͧ·ÑèÇ suncream »èͧ´Ôº¢Í§¾Ç¡à¢ÒºÇÁà»ç¹Ë¹Í§à¹×éÍ 'cos ¾Ç¡à¢Ò "overdid ã¹Çѹáá." áÅСÒÃà¢éÒ herded à¨ç´ªÑèÇ⤵ÃâçáÃÁ Miramars áÅÐ Bellvueses áÅÐ Continentales ¡Ñº¡Ò÷ѹÊÁѹҹҪҵÔËÃÙËÃÒ roomettes áÅÐËÁÒ¡ÎÍÊá´§ºÒÃìàÃÅáÅÐÊÃÐÇèÒ¹éÓàµçÁä¢ÁѹàÂÍÃÁѹ¹Ñ¡¸ØáԨ·Ó·èҾǡà¢Ò¡ÓÅѧ acrobats ÃÙ»¢ÙèºÑ§¤ÑºáÅÐà´ç¡áÅÐ barging à¢éÒ queues áÅÐËÒ¡¤Ø³äÁèä´é¢Í§¤Ø³ã¹µÒÃÒ§¨Ø´à¨ç´¤Ø³µ¡¢Ñ¹¢Í§ Campbell ¢Í§¤ÃÕÁ¢Í§«Ø»àËç´, ÃÒ¡ÒÃááã¹àÁ¹Ù¹Ò¹ÒªÒµÔÍÒËÒÃáÅСÅÒ§¤×¹·Ø¡Çѹ¾ÄËÑʺ´Õ·ÕèâçáÃÁÁÕËÅÑè§àÅ×Í´¤ÒºÒàÃèµì㹺ÒÃì featuring àÅç¡æ¡Åéͧá¡Å駪ÒÇÊ໹ÍÔµÒàÅÕ¹ËÃ×Íâ»ÃµØà¡Ê¡Ñºà¡éÒ¹ÔéÇ hips áÅÐä¢ÁѹºÒ§»èͧºÒ´ã¨¡Ñº¹Ò§¼Á brylcreemed ŧáÅÐãË­èµÙ´àʹͿÅÐáÁ¹â¡ÊÓËÃѺªÒǵèÒ§ªÒµÔ. áÅéǺҧ adenoidal typists ¨Ò¡àºÍÃìÁÔ§áÎÁ¡Ñº»éÍá»é¢ÒÇ¢ÒáÅÐâä·éͧÃèǧ¾ÂÒÂÒÁËͺËÔéǻآÒâ¡è§ wop waiters àÃÕ¡ÁÒ¹ÙàÍÅÊÑ»´ÒËìÅÐ˹Ö觤ÃÑé§áÅÐÁÕ¡ÒÃà´Ô¹·Ò§ÃÐÂÐÊÑé¹à¾×èÍ·éͧ¶Ôè¹âÃÁѹÂѧ¤§«×éÍ cherryade ÅÐÅÒÂáÅÐäÍÈ¡ÃÕÁáÅе¡àÅ×Í´ Watney ¢Í§¶Ñ§áÅÐÊÕá´§àÂç¹Ë¹Ö觷Õè¤Ø³áÇÐ仪Á´Ñ§¹Ñ鹡ÒÃàÃÕ¡»¡µÔÃéÒ¹ÍÒËÒ÷éͧ¶Ôè¹ÊÕáÅкÃÃÂÒ¡ÒÈáÅФس¹Ñ觶Ѵ¨Ò¡¡ÅØèÁ˹Ö觨ҡ¼Ùé·Õè Rhyl ãËéÃéͧà¾Å§ "Torremolinos, torremolinos" áÅкè¹à¡ÕèÂǡѺÍÒËÒà - "Áѹ´Ñ§¹Ñé¹ÁѹàÅÕè¹äÁè?" - áÅФسä´éÃѺàÊÃç¨â´ÂºÒ§àÁÒ greengrocer ¨Ò¡ Luton ¡Ñº Instamatic ¡ÅéͧáÅдÃ. Scholl sandals áÅÐàÁ×èÍÇѹÍѧ¤Ò÷Õè¢Í§ÇѹàÍç¡«ìà¾ÃÊáÅÐà¢Ò drones ã¹áÅÐà¡ÕèÂǡѺÇÔ¸Õ¹Ò Smith ¤Ç÷ӧҹ¹Õé»ÃÐà·ÈáÅСÕèÀÒÉÒ Enoch ¸Òà ell ÊÒÁÒö¾Ù´áÅéÇà¢Ò throws ¢Öé¹·Õè»ÃÐà·È¤ÔÇºÒ Libres. áÅÐÊè§â»Ê¡ÒÃì´ÃкÒÂÊբͧʶҹ·Õè·Õè¾Ç¡à¢ÒäÁèä´éµÃÐ˹ѡáÁé¨ÐäÁèä´éä»àÂÕèÂÁªÁ "·Ø¡·ÕèËÁÒÂàÅ¢ 22, ÍÒ¡ÒÈÂÍ´àÂÕèÂÁ¢Í§àÃÒËéͧÁÕ¡Ò÷Óà¤Ã×èͧËÁÒ·Õè 'àÍç¡«ì'. ÍÒËÒÃÁÒ¡àÅÕè¹áµèàÃÒä´é¾ºàʹèËìàÅ硹éÍ·éͧ¶Ôè¹·Õè«è͹ÍÂÙèËèҧ㹡ÅѺ¶¹¹. ·Õèä˹¾Ç¡à¢Ò Watney ºÃÔ¡ÒâͧÊÕá´§ºÒÃìàÃÅáÅЪÕÊáÅÐËÍÁ crisps áÅÐ accordionist àÅè¹ 'ÍÒ¨¨Ðà»ç¹à¾ÃÒЩѹà»ç¹ªÒÇ¡ÃاÅ͹´Í¹'. " áÅФèÒãªé¨èÒÂÊÕèÇѹ·ÕèáÍÊ¿Ñŵì Luton ·ÕèʹÒÁºÔ¹ã¹ËéÒÇѹá¾ç¤à¡¨·ÑÇÃì¡ÑºÍÐäáԹáµèáËé§ BEA »ÃÐàÀ· sandwiches áÅФسäÁèÊÒÁÒöáÁéä´éÃѺà¤Ã×èͧ´×èÁ¢Í§ Watney ¢Í§ÊÕá´§ºÒÃìàÃÅà¹×èͧ¨Ò¡¤Ø³ÂѧÍÂÙèã¹Íѧ¡ÄÉáÅÐËÅÑè§àÅ×Í´ºÒÃì»Ô´·Ø¡¤ÃÑ駷Õè¤Ø³¡ÃÐËÒ¹éÓáÅÐÁÕäÁèÁÕ·Õèä˹àÅÂà¾×è͹͹áÅÐà´ç¡ÁÕÍ×éÍ©ÒÇáÅÐ vomiting áÅзÓÅÒ·Õè¾ÅÒʵԡà¶éÒ-¶Ò´áÅоǡà¢ÒºÍ¡ãËé¤Ø³Áѹ¨ÐÍ×蹪ÑèÇâÁ§áÁéÇèҤسà¤Ã×èͧºÔ¹ÂѧÍÂÙèã¹äÍ«ìᏴìáÅÐÁÕ·Õè¨ÐºÒ§ Swedes à¾×èÍ Yugoslavia ¡è͹·Õè¨ÐÊÒÁÒöâËÅ´¤Ø³¢Öé¹·Õè 3 ã¹àÇÅÒàªéÒáÅÐËÅÑè§àÅ×Í´·Õè¤Ø³¹Ñ觺¹áÍÊ¿Ñŵ쨹¶Ö§Ë¡à¹×èͧ¨Ò¡ "¤Ò´äÁè¶Ö§»Ñ­ËÒ" àªè¹¶ÒÇÃ⢡¡ÒäǺ¤ØÁ¡ÒèÃҨ÷ҧÍÒ¡ÒÈã¹»ÒÃÕÊ - áÅÐäÁèÁÕã¤ÃÊÒÁÒö价Õèâ¶ÊéÇÁ¨¹¡ÇèҤس¨ÐàÇÔ¡·Õè 8, áÅÐàÁ×èͤسä´éÃѺà¾×èÍÁÒÅÒ¡ÒʹÒÁºÔ¹·Ø¡¤¹¢Í§¡Å×¹ "enterovioform" áÅÐ queuing ÊÓËÃѺ toilets áÅÐ queuing ÊÓËÃѺµÔ´ÍÒÇظà¨éÒ˹éÒ·Õè¡ÃÁÈØÅ¡Ò¡ÃáÅÐ queuing ÊÓËÃѺ¡ÃÐËÒÂàÅ×ʹöâ´ÂÊÒ÷ÕèäÁèä´éÁÕà¾×è͹Ӥسä»ÂѧâçáÃÁ·ÕèÂѧäÁèä´éàÊÃç¨. áÅÐàÁ×èͤسÊØ´·éÒÂä»·Õèà¡ÕèÂǡѺáÍŨÕàÃÕ¤ÃÖè§ÊÃéÒ§ÂèÍÂÂѺàÃÕ¡âçáÃÁ Del Sol â´Â¨èÒÂà§Ô¹¤ÃÖè§ÇѹËÂØ´¢Í§¤Ø³à¾×èÍ͹حҵºÑ³±Ôµã¹á·ç¡«Õè¤Ø³¾ºäÁèÁÕ¹éÓã¹ÊÃÐÇèÒ¹éÓäÁèÁÕ¹éÓã¹ taps, äÁèÁÕ¹éÓ¡ÒÃâ¤Å¹áÅÐÁÕà¾Õ§¨Ô駨¡µ¡àÅ×Í´ã¹ÍèÒ§ªÓÃÐ. áÅФÃÖè§Ë¹Ö觢ͧËéͧÁÕÊͧ¨Í§áÅФسäÁèÊÒÁÒö¹Í¹ãËÁèà¹×èͧ¨Ò¡¡ÒöÒÇÃÍÕ¡ÂÕèÊÔºÊÕèªÑèÇâÁ§à¨ÒТͧÃÒ¡°Ò¹¢Í§âçáÃÁ·Õè»ÃÐµÙ¶Ñ´ä» - áÅФس plagues â´Â appalling ½Ö¡ËÑ´ chemists ¨Ò¡ Ealing ·Ó·èҨРhippies áÅЪ¹ªÑ鹡ÅÒ§ stockbrokers' ºÃôÒÀÃÔÂÒä¢ÇèàËÁ×͹«×éÍÇѹËÂØ´·éͧ¶Ôè¹ã¹¡ÒþѲ¹Òà¡ÕèÂǡѺªÒ¹àÁ×ͧá»Å§àªè¹à´ÕÂÇ Esher 㹡óշÕèáç§Ò¹ä´éÃѺÃÑ°ºÒÅã¹ÍÕ¡¤ÃÑé§áÅÐä¢ÁѹÍàÁÃԡѹ matrons ¡Ñº¿ÙÁ¿ÒÂ-µÙ´áÅÐÎÒÇÒÂ-ÅÇ´ÅÒÂʡաҧࡧÁͧËÒ¼ÔÇÊÕ¹éÓµÒŪÒÂã´æ·ÕèÊÒÁÒö·ÓãËéÁѹä´é¹Ò¹¾ÍàÁ×èÍà¢ÒÊØ´·éÒ»ÅèÍ·Ôé§äÇé·Ñé§ËÁ´â§¹à§¹ÍÍ¡. áÅФ³Ð¡ÃÃÁ¡ÒáÒ÷èͧà·ÕèÂÇÊ໹ÊÑ­­ÒÇèÒ·Õèà´×Í´´ÒÅÍËÔÇÒµ¡âäÃкҴà»ç¹à¾Õ§ÊÔ觡óÕÍè͹Ê໹·éͧàªè¹¡è͹ÃкҴ¢Í§Ê໹㹷éͧ 1660 «Ö触èÒ¤ÃÖè§Å͹´Í¹áÅÐ decimated ÂØâû - áÅÐã¹¢³Ðà´ÕÂǡѹ·Õè¡ÃÐËÒÂàÅ×Í´ Guardia äÁèÇèÒ§¨Ñº¡ØÁÊԺˡ»Õ olds ÊÓËÃѺ kissing 㹶¹¹áÅÐÂÔ§ãµéÊÔºà¡éÒ¤¹·ÕèäÁèªÍº½ÃÑè§àÈÊ. áÅéÇã¹ÇѹÊØ´·éÒÂã¹Ê¹ÒÁºÔ¹à͡ࢹ¡·Ø¡¤¹¢Í§à»ÃÕºà·Õº sunburns, ´×èÁÊ¡»Ã¡ Spumante, «×éͧ͢ cartons ˹éÒ·Õè¿ÃÕ "cigarillos" áÅмÙéãªé㹤ÃÑé§ÅèÒÊØ´ pesetas ¹èÒÊ´ÊÂͧ dolls ã¹ÀÒÉÒÊ໹ªÒµÔÍÒÀóìáÅÐàËÅ×ÍÃéÒ¿ҧ donkeys áÅÐ bullfight â»ÊàµÍÃì´éǪ×èͤس㹠"Ordoney, àÍ Cordobes áÅÐäºÃÍѹ Pules ¢Í§¹ÍÃìÇÔª" áÅÐ 3-d ÃÙ»ÀÒ¾¢Í§ÊѹµÐ»Ò»ÒáÅÐ Kennedy áÅнÃÑè§àÈÊáÅТͧ·Ø¡¤¹·ÕèÁÒ¾Ù´¶Ö§ÍÕ¡¤ÃÑé§ã¹»Õ˹éÒáÅФس¨ÐäÁèÊÒºÒ¹¤Ø³áÁéÇèҤس¨ÐÁÕäÁéÅ͵ҿҧ¨Ò¡¹Ñ¡·èͧà·ÕèÂǵ֧µÑÇ-âºÃÒ³ Iberian airplane ...

Date: June 19, 2009 09:47AM

+1. More like...
Attachments:
wtfdog.jpg

Date: June 19, 2009 09:49AM

Dirkah Dirkah Mohammed Jihad Dirkah Dirkah

Date: June 19, 2009 10:00AM

No me gustaaaaaaaa! (said the Panamanian as the terrorists broke the dam).
Attachments:
USAcountry.jpg

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.