HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
The Left Hypocrisy
Posted by: Alias ()
Date: June 12, 2009 02:52AM

]



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/29/2012 01:26PM by Alias.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Left Hypocrisy
Posted by: saw ()
Date: June 12, 2009 04:33AM


Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Left Hypocrisy
Posted by: Vince(1) ()
Date: June 12, 2009 06:43AM

Not Dave's best moment. But Im surprised anyone on FFXU would care..this is mild stuff compared to what gets posted here.

Registered Voter...a Big talking coward..big man on FFXU...little man in life.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2009 06:44AM by Vince(1).

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Left Hypocrisy
Posted by: Melissa ()
Date: June 12, 2009 08:47AM

OK, that's not even funny.

What a tool.

You are absolutely right, Alias. If that joke were made about Obama's daughter people would be up in arms.

I don't understand how people can feel good about themselves making fun of a child. Look at all the brutality Chelsea Clinton received. The parents are in the public eye -- keep the kids out of it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Being vague is almost as fun as that other thing.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Left Hypocrisy
Posted by: MrMephisto ()
Date: June 12, 2009 09:08AM

Had Sarah Palin not made abortion rights and "good ol' fashioned family values" such a huge part of her platform, I doubt a lot of people would have cared about her daughter being pregnant.

But, when you're trying to out-Christian the other guy, it doesn't help that your family doesn't reflect the morals and values that you're trying to get the rest of the country to follow.

The joke was an obvious reference to Bristol, who did indeed get knocked up by some jackass at the worst possible time. Had Letterman known that Bristol wasn't at the game, I don't think he would have made that joke. If he did, or if he had specifically mentioned her 14-year-old daughter, I would agree that it was in very poor taste.

Comedians went to town on Bush's daughters for underage drinking and partying. Had one of them gotten pregnant, I doubt comedy writers would have stayed silent about it.

--------------------------------------------------------------
13 4826 0948 82695 25847. Yes.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Left Hypocrisy
Date: June 12, 2009 09:10AM

It's obvious Letterman was referring to Bristol. It's too bad his writers didn't do their research to realize that it was one of Palin's younger daughters that attended the game. At the same time, Letterman apologized for that. Where is O'Reilly's apology for his role in Tiller's murder?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Left Hypocrisy
Posted by: Furfur ()
Date: June 12, 2009 11:53AM

Palin deserves it all. She fucking used her Down Syndrome kid as a publicity stunt. "Look at me, I could have aborted this kid, but I'm so moral and upright so I'll just keep the burden of raising him."

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Left Hypocrisy
Posted by: Judge Crater ()
Date: June 12, 2009 11:58AM

If God is my Co-pilot I sure as hell want Sara Palin as my flight attendant.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Left Hypocrisy
Posted by: § ()
Date: June 12, 2009 12:32PM

.
Attachments:
PALINvpLOL.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Left Hypocrisy
Date: June 12, 2009 12:38PM

I like the story of how she put her decision "to a vote" with her kids.

She said she told her kids that she had been asked by McCain if she wanted to be his Vice Presidential nominee. She then asked her family to put it to a vote. The kids voted for it....while in the air....on the McCain plane that was flying her from Anchorage to the McCain press event where he was announcing his choice for VP.

You betcha.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Left Hypocrisy
Posted by: Chubby Rain ()
Date: June 12, 2009 01:02PM


Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Left Hypocrisy
Posted by: Alias ()
Date: June 12, 2009 05:13PM

l,



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2012 10:59AM by Alias.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Left Hypocrisy
Posted by: Registered Voter ()
Date: June 12, 2009 05:20PM

What I like is the way she wanted to lead the questions - totally glossing over why Palin might have been insulted... like "huh, why should she be upset with his comments.." - and then getting upset with the guy for calling a spade a spade.

Fascinating.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Left Hypocrisy
Posted by: I figured it out ()
Date: June 12, 2009 05:29PM

Registered Voter = Trebor Snika

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Left Hypocrisy
Posted by: MrMephisto ()
Date: June 12, 2009 05:30PM

I've heard the expression "talking out the side of your mouth," but I didn't know people actually did.

That guy is one of the smuggest assholes I've ever seen.

--------------------------------------------------------------
13 4826 0948 82695 25847. Yes.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Left Hypocrisy
Posted by: MrMephisto ()
Date: June 12, 2009 05:30PM

I figured it out Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Registered Voter = Trebor Snika

Lurk more.

--------------------------------------------------------------
13 4826 0948 82695 25847. Yes.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Left Hypocrisy
Posted by: Registered Voter ()
Date: June 12, 2009 05:37PM

MrMephisto Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I've heard the expression "talking out the side of
> your mouth," but I didn't know people actually
> did.
>
> That guy is one of the smuggest assholes I've ever
> seen.

I think he just went in with the whole "Great, I am going to an interview at MSNBC" attitude in his head and decided he wasn't going to play to their spin on the story. It is obvious he is not one of the few MSNBC fans out there (ratings tell the story on that). Never having seen or heard his radio show before it is hard to say what he is like normally.. but I did like where she tried to throw in the "did you ask softball questions... in your interview". Like what, MSNBC never does that, so it really mattered? I am guessing there was some behind the scenes stuff going on before he was brought on which would explain why it went the way it did.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Left Hypocrisy
Posted by: Registered Voter ()
Date: June 12, 2009 05:39PM

I figured it out Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Registered Voter = Trebor Snika

?

I must of missed this guy. What is there to figure out?

And I haven't been lurking per se - I just happened to come on today and start reading and noticed Vince was high in the ratings lately. It brought back the nostalgia from my posts here before the election, and I thought I might add my delightful wit and commentary back into the mix :)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Left Hypocrisy
Posted by: Alias ()
Date: June 14, 2009 04:45AM

]



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/29/2012 02:05PM by Alias.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Left Hypocrisy
Posted by: fairfaxdude ()
Date: June 14, 2009 10:04PM

I thought they were both smug...it was a true cable smug-fest.

But the "side of the mouth thing" was wierd. Made me wanna smack him back in line, so to speak.

______________________________________________
I have had to change the addresses to my retaliatory blogs over half a dozen times.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Left Hypocrisy
Posted by: Melissa ()
Date: June 14, 2009 10:19PM

That was amusing. What's more amusing is having a segment to discuss why someone might be upset by inflammatory comments made about them and their child. Well, duh!

The media is ridiculous.

Perhaps they can report on the milk that is curdling in a milk carton somewhere.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Being vague is almost as fun as that other thing.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Left Hypocrisy
Posted by: fairfaxdude ()
Date: June 14, 2009 10:33PM

And of course, it was one "media person" interviewing another "media person" about a 16 minute puff interview they did. Including probing questions about just how "puffy" that interview was.

Boy, that's some kinda news, huh?

______________________________________________
I have had to change the addresses to my retaliatory blogs over half a dozen times.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Left Hypocrisy
Posted by: erik ()
Date: June 15, 2009 09:18AM

That guy sure is smooth with the ladies:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQqLPJvk3gM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Left Hypocrisy
Posted by: MrMephisto ()
Date: June 15, 2009 09:24AM

erik Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That guy sure is smooth with the ladies:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQqLPJvk3gM

Wow. Absolutely wow.

--------------------------------------------------------------
13 4826 0948 82695 25847. Yes.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Left Hypocrisy
Posted by: fairfaxdude ()
Date: June 15, 2009 10:32AM

I actually watched all 5:25 of that. I'm speechless.

That guy might be the smuggest, biggest asshole on the planet. Ever.

______________________________________________
I have had to change the addresses to my retaliatory blogs over half a dozen times.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Left Hypocrisy
Date: June 15, 2009 11:43AM

Alias Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Do you think this guy will be invited back to
> MSNBC?
> Funny how her smile quickly disappears. But
> funnier is how she expresses surprise that Palin
> might find Letterman’s comments offensive, but
> then cuts off the guy’s mike because she finds
> him offensive. hahahaha
>
>


While I think MSNBC, CNN and Fox are all into overly emotive fake confrontational bullshit, I think this guy came in with the intention of being a dick and I think she was offended by the slutty remark.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Left Hypocrisy
Date: June 15, 2009 11:44AM

Registered Voter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What I like is the way she wanted to lead the
> questions - totally glossing over why Palin might
> have been insulted... like "huh, why should she be
> upset with his comments.." - and then getting
> upset with the guy for calling a spade a spade.
>
> Fascinating.


The guy was being a tool.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Left Hypocrisy
Posted by: Registered Voter ()
Date: June 16, 2009 01:45PM

WashingTone Locian Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Registered Voter Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > What I like is the way she wanted to lead the
> > questions - totally glossing over why Palin
> might
> > have been insulted... like "huh, why should she
> be
> > upset with his comments.." - and then getting
> > upset with the guy for calling a spade a spade.
> >
> > Fascinating.
>
>
> The guy was being a tool.

Look, I agree he was being an ass to her, but again I think there is more to this than just the interview. Something had to have gone on before the interview started.

In either case, I agree with the stupidity of having media people interviewing other media people. Somehow because they are media people, they have some more compelling "insight" on the issue - ie they couldn't find anyone involved that wanted to talk to them, so they went out and got a media person to act as filler so they could talk about it anyway. I think they got exactly what they asked for.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Left Hypocrisy
Date: June 16, 2009 01:49PM

When is O'Reilly going to apologize for his role in the murder of Dr. Tiller?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Left Hypocrisy
Posted by: Registered Voter ()
Date: June 16, 2009 02:00PM

WashingTone Locian Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> When is O'Reilly going to apologize for his role
> in the murder of Dr. Tiller?

Probably about the time Al Franken and others apologize for their role in furthering idiotic thought.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Left Hypocrisy
Date: June 16, 2009 02:04PM

Registered Voter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> WashingTone Locian Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > When is O'Reilly going to apologize for his
> role
> > in the murder of Dr. Tiller?
>
> Probably about the time Al Franken and others
> apologize for their role in furthering idiotic
> thought.


Al Franken never encouraged fringe thinkers to murder someone. O'Reilly and Limbaugh are using heated rhetoric to scare the Republican base which is resulting in psychos like the guy who shot Tiller and the asshole who killed the security guard at the Holocaust Museum to come unhinged. The pen is mightier than the sword. Words do matter.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Left Hypocrisy
Posted by: Registered Voter ()
Date: June 16, 2009 02:08PM

WashingTone Locian Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Registered Voter Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > WashingTone Locian Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > When is O'Reilly going to apologize for his
> > role
> > > in the murder of Dr. Tiller?
> >
> > Probably about the time Al Franken and others
> > apologize for their role in furthering idiotic
> > thought.
>
>
> Al Franken never encouraged fringe thinkers to
> murder someone. O'Reilly and Limbaugh are using
> heated rhetoric to scare the Republican base which
> is resulting in psychos like the guy who shot
> Tiller and the asshole who killed the security
> guard at the Holocaust Museum to come unhinged.
> The pen is mightier than the sword. Words do
> matter.

Well, if that is your belief, you may as well blame all the folks making movies and putting out shows encouraging "jackass" behavior. WWE promotes prejudices and encourages folks to beat up on each other for being different or not agreeing with their background. I mean seriously, there are some whacked out movies that show behavior I would never have even thought to emulate, but now that it is out there all those un-imaginative people who had an axe to grind certainly have found new ways to "outlet" their behavior.

Please - no one is to blame except the asshole that pulled the trigger.

As a note - the original topic by Alias was correct. These groups are all about jumping on "conservatives" that express their views, and will jump up and down for it. When a "liberal" makes similar remarks they say nothing.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/16/2009 02:11PM by Registered Voter.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Left Hypocrisy
Date: June 16, 2009 02:33PM

Registered Voter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> Well, if that is your belief, you may as well
> blame all the folks making movies and putting out
> shows encouraging "jackass" behavior. WWE promotes
> prejudices and encourages folks to beat up on each
> other for being different or not agreeing with
> their background. I mean seriously, there are some
> whacked out movies that show behavior I would
> never have even thought to emulate, but now that
> it is out there all those un-imaginative people
> who had an axe to grind certainly have found new
> ways to "outlet" their behavior.
>
> Please - no one is to blame except the asshole
> that pulled the trigger.
>
> As a note - the original topic by Alias was
> correct. These groups are all about jumping on
> "conservatives" that express their views, and will
> jump up and down for it. When a "liberal" makes
> similar remarks they say nothing.

If Sean Penn produced a movie where he advocated the murder of the head of the NRA, I would be with you. He hasn't, so I'm not.



Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Left Hypocrisy
Posted by: Registered Voter ()
Date: June 16, 2009 02:50PM

So a bill passed by the Kansas legislature to ask for a bit more information from Drs that perform late term abortion is vetoed by Kathleen Sebelius (which would have held the Drs a bit more accountable to following the current law in Kansas), and the outrage is over O'Reilly having a piece on a woman that had an abortion there. I didn't hear him advocate killing the Dr at all in that piece. He didn't pull out a gun and mimic killing anyone - he had a lot of contempt for the Dr and the folks that support the practice, but nowhere in there did he say the Dr should be killed for what he is doing.

Your reaction is much like what Alias's post is about.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Left Hypocrisy
Posted by: MrMephisto ()
Date: June 16, 2009 02:56PM

So I watched this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMC_70oYV8U

And I'm gonna have to go with RV on this one.

I know I'm not the smartest person in the world, but I'm not an idiot. I saw the way they tried to blame all of that girl's problems on the doctor. What they don't say is that the only reason people like Tiller are in business is because there are families in Maryland that will pay to have their whorish daughter's third-term baby aborted.

She takes absolutely no responsibility for the fact that she's a non-contraceptive-using skank who didn't think to tell her parents that she was pregnant for four months. If we don't want to blame her because she's young and stupid, blame the parents, at least. What kind of shitty parents would take their daughter to a doctor in Kansas that they found on the internet and sign her up for an abortion they can't get done in their own state without knowing anything about the procedure at all?

I also thought it was infuriating that, after being a whore and getting knocked up and having an abortion, she had post-traumatic stress disorder and as a result, became an even bigger whore. Now, with drugs and alcohol!

No, the guy who killed Tiller was fucked up before he watched O'Reilly. If it hadn't been Tiller, it would have been someone else eventually.

--------------------------------------------------------------
13 4826 0948 82695 25847. Yes.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Left Hypocrisy
Date: June 16, 2009 03:03PM

MrMephisto Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> No, the guy who killed Tiller was fucked up before
> he watched O'Reilly. If it hadn't been Tiller, it
> would have been someone else eventually.


You are missing my point. I'm not excusing the girl or justifying late term abortion. I'm saying that O'Reilly, who had nearly 30 different episodes dedicated specifically to "Tiller the Baby Killer" knowingly painted a big fucking bulls-eye on this guy's back because he personally didn't agree with what Tiller did.

There have been tons of stories out there about websites being shutdown because they provide the names and addresses of abortion doctors and encourage visitors to kill these doctors. I'm not sure what exempts O'Reilly from facing the repercussions of his actions.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Left Hypocrisy
Posted by: Furfur ()
Date: June 16, 2009 03:08PM

MrMephisto Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> I also thought it was infuriating that, after
> being a whore and getting knocked up and having an
> abortion, she had post-traumatic stress disorder
> and as a result, became an even bigger whore.
> Now, with drugs and alcohol!


Sounds like she needs a Samuel Jackson to go "Black Snake Moan" on her ass. Anybody that didn't see the movie, its about a small town slut that gets chained to a radiator by Samuel Jackson in an attempt to teach her a moral lifestyle.

I volunteer myself to keep this young harlot chained to my furnace and I will faithfully teach her morals every day.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“It's too bad that stupidity isn't painful." - Anton Lavey

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Left Hypocrisy
Posted by: MrMephisto ()
Date: June 16, 2009 03:18PM

If this guy was advertising on the internet, all you needed was a name to find his address. Yeah, calling him out specifically made him a target for someone who already wanted to kill an abortion doctor, but I haven't seen anything yet where O'Reilly says, "kill this man," let alone encourages people to do so.

I see what you're saying about how Tiller became a target because of that show. However, I still don't think the show is responsible for what happened. I cannot stand O'Reilly, so yes, I do feel dirty for saying that.

--------------------------------------------------------------
13 4826 0948 82695 25847. Yes.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Left Hypocrisy
Posted by: MrMephisto ()
Date: June 16, 2009 03:19PM

Furfur Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> MrMephisto Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> >
> > I also thought it was infuriating that, after
> > being a whore and getting knocked up and having
> an
> > abortion, she had post-traumatic stress
> disorder
> > and as a result, became an even bigger whore.
> > Now, with drugs and alcohol!
>
>
> Sounds like she needs a Samuel Jackson to go
> "Black Snake Moan" on her ass. Anybody that didn't
> see the movie, its about a small town slut that
> gets chained to a radiator by Samuel Jackson in an
> attempt to teach her a moral lifestyle.
>
> I volunteer myself to keep this young harlot
> chained to my furnace and I will faithfully teach
> her morals every day.

Let me know if you need a substitute teacher several times a day.

--------------------------------------------------------------
13 4826 0948 82695 25847. Yes.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Left Hypocrisy
Posted by: Furfur ()
Date: June 16, 2009 03:27PM

MrMephisto Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> Let me know if you need a substitute teacher
> several times a day.



She is still in her "breaking in phase." It is important to keep the student isolated and limit her movements to the room under the stairs.

I will make preparations for additional teachers.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“It's too bad that stupidity isn't painful." - Anton Lavey

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Left Hypocrisy
Posted by: Registered Voter ()
Date: June 16, 2009 03:31PM

WashingTone Locian Wrote:
>
> You are missing my point. I'm not excusing the
> girl or justifying late term abortion. I'm saying
> that O'Reilly, who had nearly 30 different
> episodes dedicated specifically to "Tiller the
> Baby Killer" knowingly painted a big fucking
> bulls-eye on this guy's back because he personally
> didn't agree with what Tiller did.
>

My original response was in line with your "original" point. Then you went and said this:

> Al Franken never encouraged fringe thinkers to
> murder someone. O'Reilly and Limbaugh are using
> heated rhetoric to scare the Republican base which
> is resulting in psychos like the guy who shot
> Tiller and the asshole who killed the security
> guard at the Holocaust Museum to come unhinged.
> The pen is mightier than the sword. Words do
> matter.

Again, they are not encouraging fringe thinkers to murder people. They are certainly trying to get people impassioned about an issue, but I am pretty sure you will get a universal response from any of these folks advocating issues - they are not trying to get ANYONE to go out and murder folks. They are not painting targets on folks to have people go out and kill them. Much like the Willie Horton ads, or any other similar use of an issue to get voters "up" on a particular topic or way of thinking or how to vote. There are fringe folks on both sides of the equation - liberals don't hold a monopoly on holding hands and singing songs around the campfire. Nor do conservatives hold the monopoly on being able to pick up a gun or some other weapon and killing people.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Left Hypocrisy
Date: June 16, 2009 03:43PM

MrMephisto Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> I see what you're saying about how Tiller became a
> target because of that show. However, I still
> don't think the show is responsible for what
> happened. I cannot stand O'Reilly, so yes, I do
> feel dirty for saying that.


The guy who shot Tiller is responsible. But O'Reilly is complicit for helping to set the mood for the country. I'm not calling for the guy to be arrested. I'm saying that if anyone feels Letterman should apologize for his remarks about Palin's daughter, so should O'Reilly regarding his remarks about Tiller.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Left Hypocrisy
Date: June 16, 2009 03:46PM

Registered Voter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> Again, they are not encouraging fringe thinkers to
> murder people. They are certainly trying to get
> people impassioned about an issue, but I am pretty
> sure you will get a universal response from any of
> these folks advocating issues - they are not
> trying to get ANYONE to go out and murder folks.
> They are not painting targets on folks to have
> people go out and kill them. Much like the Willie
> Horton ads, or any other similar use of an issue
> to get voters "up" on a particular topic or way of
> thinking or how to vote. There are fringe folks on
> both sides of the equation - liberals don't hold a
> monopoly on holding hands and singing songs around
> the campfire. Nor do conservatives hold the
> monopoly on being able to pick up a gun or some
> other weapon and killing people.

How is featuring a guy 30 times on his show, calling him "Tiller the Baby Killer" and describing him as a murderer, executioner, etc, etc, getting people "impassioned about an issue?" What it's doing is getting people angry to the point that they will take matters into their own hands.

My point is, if you are incensed enough about Letterman's remarks that you want an apology from him, where is O'Reilly's apology about his Tiller remarks? The Republicans are the hypocrites because they don't hold O'Reilly, Limbaugh, etc...to ANY standard! NO STANDARD AT ALL!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Left Hypocrisy
Posted by: Melissa ()
Date: June 16, 2009 04:27PM

I'm definitely pro choice, but doctors who perform late term abortions for the convenience of asshats who weren't forward thinking enough to terminate early in the pregnancy should be put out of business. I do believe the murderer is the only one who is truly responsible for Tiller's death.

I watched the video that MrMephisto posted above, and that chick's baby should have been put up for adoption, not aborted. Shame on her for not using protection, and shame on her parents for being lousy parents. The girl OBVIOUSLY had issues to begin with as well adjusted girls are getting knocked up at 13. They need to take responsibility for the death of that child, not blame Tiller. He didn't seek them out. I will close with two words that people seem to be lacking -- personal responsibility.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Being vague is almost as fun as that other thing.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Left Hypocrisy
Posted by: Registered Voter ()
Date: June 16, 2009 04:45PM

Imus and "nappy headed hos" comes to mind...

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/2009/06/15/2009-06-15_fire_david_letterman_campaign_takes_root_protest_planned_over_comment_on_sarah_p.html

Not that I think Letterman should be fired. He will take his lumps from this, but at least he apologized (finally).

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Left Hypocrisy
Posted by: Vince(1) ()
Date: June 16, 2009 04:45PM

If to protect the legitimate rights of a women to have a late term abortion for legitimate medical reasons...we have to allow others with less pressing medical needs to have an abortion also...so be it.

I would be very suspicious of any right to lifer claiming there was no medical necessity. In their humble opinion there is no valid medical reason to have a late term abortion other then to save the life of the mother (and even then the US Governemnt would deny a woman a partial birth abortion).

And do not think it outside the realm of possibilites that the young lady in the video is a fake.

Registered Voter...a Big talking coward..big man on FFXU...little man in life.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Left Hypocrisy
Posted by: Registered Voter ()
Date: June 16, 2009 04:47PM

Vince, with his usual "moral relativism" coming to the rescue.

And as always, look for the conspiracy behind the corner to make the case. Only conservative talk shows do that, right?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Left Hypocrisy
Posted by: Back up your claim? ()
Date: June 16, 2009 04:50PM

Registered Voter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Only conservative talk
> shows do that, right?

Such as?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Left Hypocrisy
Posted by: Vince(1) ()
Date: June 16, 2009 04:54PM

Registered Voter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Vince, with his usual "moral relativism" coming to
> the rescue.
>
> And as always, look for the conspiracy behind the
> corner to make the case. Only conservative talk
> shows do that, right?

The buzz word du jour..."moral relativism". Personally I think any intelligient person would embrace the concept...I do.

Fell free to find an example of a liberal show bringing on some young women of no known past to describe a personal experience like that. Im not saying you wont...so feel free.

Registered Voter...a Big talking coward..big man on FFXU...little man in life.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Left Hypocrisy
Posted by: DC ()
Date: June 16, 2009 04:56PM

^^ Another Pro-Choicer

Getting the masses impassioned about an issue isn't illegal. Calling someone a killer isn't illegal (as we saw during 8 years of the Bush Administration). There was no incitement to kill Tiller. If there was incitement to kill him, prove me wrong.

Impassioned people kill over anything. From Nintendo 360s to abortion doctors and presidents.

Most people have self control. Some don't. Welcome to the human race.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Left Hypocrisy
Posted by: Vince(1) ()
Date: June 16, 2009 05:01PM

DC Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ^^ Another Pro-Choicer
>
> Getting the masses impassioned about an issue
> isn't illegal. Calling someone a killer isn't
> illegal (as we saw during 8 years of the Bush
> Administration). There was no incitement to kill
> Tiller. If there was incitement to kill him, prove
> me wrong.
>
> Impassioned people kill over anything. From
> Nintendo 360s to abortion doctors and presidents.
>
>
> Most people have self control. Some don't. Welcome
> to the human race.

I can bet you this..if Reilly was as impassioned over President Obama's support of a women's right to choose..he'd be shut down in a second.

Registered Voter...a Big talking coward..big man on FFXU...little man in life.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Left Hypocrisy
Posted by: Harry Tuttle ()
Date: June 16, 2009 06:40PM

Look at the uproar of idiots!

Got it from Don Geronimo's Twat.

Edit: Image fail... :(



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/17/2009 04:38PM by Harry Tuttle.
Attachments:
12719119.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Left Hypocrisy
Posted by: Registered Voter ()
Date: June 17, 2009 12:10PM

Vince(1) Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Registered Voter Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Vince, with his usual "moral relativism" coming
> to
> > the rescue.
> >
> > And as always, look for the conspiracy behind
> the
> > corner to make the case. Only conservative talk
> > shows do that, right?
>
> The buzz word du jour..."moral relativism".
> Personally I think any intelligient person would
> embrace the concept...I do.
>
> Fell free to find an example of a liberal show
> bringing on some young women of no known past to
> describe a personal experience like that. Im not
> saying you wont...so feel free.

All I am gonna say is - Oprah. She has been burned so many times now, you have to wonder who her screeners are if she doesn't have any better way to figure out the next guy promoting a book on her show isn't a liar. Or even Jerry Springer (and all the "talk shows") where they bring in real people with issues like "too much sex", "my 13 yr old dresses like a hooker", "he's the daddy I know it!", etc. One of my nephews (years ago) was flown out to be on Jerry Springer for one of these shows - he didn't know any of the other participants, but he had to claim he had sex with 3 of them... granted he got a flight out to the studio, stay in a hotel, and I think $1000 (not sure on all the details of what they compensated him).

In any case, you never proved this girl was anything but what she said she was. I pointed out your convenient conspiracy claim, and now I have to show proof of YOUR unproven statement? Nah. You show that they all rolling in fake people with claims if you believe that is the issue in this case.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Left Hypocrisy
Posted by: Registered Voter ()
Date: June 17, 2009 12:12PM

Vince(1) Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> DC Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > ^^ Another Pro-Choicer
> >
> > Getting the masses impassioned about an issue
> > isn't illegal. Calling someone a killer isn't
> > illegal (as we saw during 8 years of the Bush
> > Administration). There was no incitement to
> kill
> > Tiller. If there was incitement to kill him,
> prove
> > me wrong.
> >
> > Impassioned people kill over anything. From
> > Nintendo 360s to abortion doctors and
> presidents.
> >
> >
> > Most people have self control. Some don't.
> Welcome
> > to the human race.
>
> I can bet you this..if Reilly was as impassioned
> over President Obama's support of a women's right
> to choose..he'd be shut down in a second.

The sad part about this - all the Fox shows regularly lead the Cable News ratings - O'Reilly's being the top most of the time. Personally, I don't watch his show often, but based on the numbers Larry King will be gone long before he is.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Left Hypocrisy
Posted by: Melissa ()
Date: June 17, 2009 12:15PM

I like most of the Fox news shows. Larry King is a douche.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Being vague is almost as fun as that other thing.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Left Hypocrisy
Date: June 17, 2009 12:25PM

Melissa Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I like most of the Fox news shows. Larry King is
> a douche.



Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Left Hypocrisy
Posted by: Vince(1) ()
Date: June 17, 2009 12:29PM

Melissa Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I like most of the Fox news shows. Larry King is
> a douche.


There are no "news" shows on Fox...it is all commentary. If you arent watching PBS most evenings at 7:00 - 8:00 pm you are ignorant of the news.

Registered Voter...a Big talking coward..big man on FFXU...little man in life.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Left Hypocrisy
Posted by: Vince(1) ()
Date: June 17, 2009 12:31PM

Registered Voter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Vince(1) Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Registered Voter Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > Vince, with his usual "moral relativism"
> coming
> > to
> > > the rescue.
> > >
> > > And as always, look for the conspiracy behind
> > the
> > > corner to make the case. Only conservative
> talk
> > > shows do that, right?
> >
> > The buzz word du jour..."moral relativism".
> > Personally I think any intelligient person
> would
> > embrace the concept...I do.
> >
> > Fell free to find an example of a liberal show
> > bringing on some young women of no known past
> to
> > describe a personal experience like that. Im
> not
> > saying you wont...so feel free.
>
> All I am gonna say is - Oprah. She has been burned
> so many times now, you have to wonder who her
> screeners are if she doesn't have any better way
> to figure out the next guy promoting a book on her
> show isn't a liar. Or even Jerry Springer (and all
> the "talk shows") where they bring in real people
> with issues like "too much sex", "my 13 yr old
> dresses like a hooker", "he's the daddy I know
> it!", etc. One of my nephews (years ago) was flown
> out to be on Jerry Springer for one of these shows
> - he didn't know any of the other participants,
> but he had to claim he had sex with 3 of them...
> granted he got a flight out to the studio, stay in
> a hotel, and I think $1000 (not sure on all the
> details of what they compensated him).
>
> In any case, you never proved this girl was
> anything but what she said she was. I pointed out
> your convenient conspiracy claim, and now I have
> to show proof of YOUR unproven statement? Nah. You
> show that they all rolling in fake people with
> claims if you believe that is the issue in this
> case.

Well...if you consider either Bill O'Reilly or Oprah "news" shows...god help us.

Registered Voter...a Big talking coward..big man on FFXU...little man in life.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Left Hypocrisy
Posted by: Registered Voter ()
Date: June 17, 2009 12:38PM

Hey, I am just comparing the genre. The other news outlets and shows have their own issues. But nice dodge.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Left Hypocrisy
Date: June 17, 2009 12:46PM

Registered Voter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> But nice
> dodge.


800px-Dodge-Dart-Swinger.jpg

Sorry. I couldn't help myself.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Left Hypocrisy
Posted by: FUNdamental ()
Date: June 17, 2009 04:00PM

Palin's family is more fair game than Obama's family; remeber, Obama is the President, Palin is the governor of a small state. There is different levels of respect for the office here. If Letterman had said that about another Governor's daughter, there would be no story here.
Attachments:
dl1.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Left Hypocrisy
Posted by: Registered Voter ()
Date: June 17, 2009 05:29PM

Interesting thing about that pic...

http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-stories/2009-06-16/apology-not-accepted/?cid=hp:beastoriginalsC1

Quote

Palin ally John Ziegler, a Los Angeles radio host whose documentary Media Malpractice argued that biased liberal journalists trashed John McCain’s running mate, tried grimly to get a news conference started as passers-by and tourists mingled with the press.

Ziegler scowled as a huge red-bearded man carrying a placard reading “I’m a Right-Wing Lunatic” whirled around and shrieked such sentiments as “I hate it when people tell jokes on television!” “Jesus is speaking to me!” and “Letterman is worse than Hitler!” (Turns out the guy was a plant from the Ron & Fez Show on Sirius XM Radio.)

Turns out the red haired guy was a plant... http://www.ronfez.net/home.php

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Left Hypocrisy
Posted by: FUNdamental ()
Date: June 18, 2009 07:12AM

Registered Voter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Interesting thing about that pic...
>
> http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-stories/200
> 9-06-16/apology-not-accepted/?cid=hp:beastoriginal
> sC1
>
>
> Palin ally John Ziegler, a Los Angeles radio host
> whose documentary Media Malpractice argued that
> biased liberal journalists trashed John McCain’s
> running mate, tried grimly to get a news
> conference started as passers-by and tourists
> mingled with the press.
>
> Ziegler scowled as a huge red-bearded man carrying
> a placard reading “I’m a Right-Wing Lunatic”
> whirled around and shrieked such sentiments as “I
> hate it when people tell jokes on television!”
> “Jesus is speaking to me!” and “Letterman is worse
> than Hitler!” (Turns out the guy was a plant from
> the Ron & Fez Show on Sirius XM Radio.)
>
>
> Turns out the red haired guy was a plant...
> http://www.ronfez.net/home.php

you are confused, a "plant" is soneone who is in on the Agenda, and acts to bennefit it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Left Hypocrisy
Posted by: Registered Voter ()
Date: June 18, 2009 03:19PM

No, a plant can also be someone sent in to disrupt an event, and has their own agenda with other parties. In either case, at least one of the fellows in your pic was there to disrupt or make the proceedings look over the top, not support them.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Left Hypocrisy
Posted by: MrMephisto ()
Date: June 18, 2009 03:29PM

Who gives a good googly fuck? The only people who care about this are the ones that want to use a lame joke as a bullet point in their "Why The Other Party Sucks" argument.

--------------------------------------------------------------
13 4826 0948 82695 25847. Yes.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Left Hypocrisy
Posted by: Registered Voter ()
Date: June 18, 2009 03:50PM

The issue comes down to double standards. The media and liberal shows have double standards on how they deal with issues and burn people when they do things. It isn't about the other party sucking or not, it is about the fact that the media has, in many cases, become judge, jury and executioner for folks. It is hard to believe Edwards is not still in the running for the next election, but I guess he finally crossed the line when it turned out that not only did he have an affair and a baby (which he lied about over and over and over again), but that he did it before, during and after using his wife's ailment and their situation as a subtle sympathy ploy with his supporters ("oh, he is so strong dealing with all these issues and his wife's medical problems, how wonderful"). Or take that idiot Jefferson who had the $90000 in his freezer.... I mean how stupid do folks have to be that they believe he was somehow NOT doing something criminal? And yet there is little coverage of it in the mainstream media, and they were still considering him for chairmanship positions in a body that passes laws, even after it was clear he was doing something criminal. It is like saying the UN was putting Libya or Iraq on the Human Rights Commission.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Left Hypocrisy
Posted by: MrMephisto ()
Date: June 19, 2009 01:40PM

Registered Voter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The issue comes down to double standards.

Just like it has in any political contest since the year 2,439,578 BC. It's all double standard, hypocritical bullshit that serves no other purpose than to discredit the other party, because people are stupid enough to have party loyalties instead of country loyalties.

Letterman made a joke, nothing more, and anybody who wants to take it further than that is a fucking moron with an axe to grind. I said the same thing when people bitched about that finance guy using the word "niggardly" and McCain describing Iraq as a "tar baby."

--------------------------------------------------------------
13 4826 0948 82695 25847. Yes.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Left Hypocrisy
Posted by: Registered Voter ()
Date: June 19, 2009 01:46PM

MrMephisto Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Registered Voter Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > The issue comes down to double standards.
>
> Just like it has in any political contest since
> the year 2,439,578 BC. It's all double standard,
> hypocritical bullshit that serves no other purpose
> than to discredit the other party, because people
> are stupid enough to have party loyalties instead
> of country loyalties.
>
> Letterman made a joke, nothing more, and anybody
> who wants to take it further than that is a
> fucking moron with an axe to grind. I said the
> same thing when people bitched about that finance
> guy using the word "niggardly" and McCain
> describing Iraq as a "tar baby."

Again - I am not one who want Letterman to be fired over it - just like I thought it was ludicrous that Imus WAS fired over what he said. That is really what most of the ruckus is about.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Left Hypocrisy
Posted by: MrMephisto ()
Date: June 19, 2009 01:52PM

Registered Voter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Again - I am not one who want Letterman to be
> fired over it - just like I thought it was
> ludicrous that Imus WAS fired over what he said.
> That is really what most of the ruckus is about.

Apples and oranges. I thought the Imus thing was bullshit, but it was easy for dumb people to think he really had a racial grudge against those girls.

Only the most retarded of mouth breathers would really think that Letterman was being serious about Alex Rodriguez impregnating Palin's 14 year-old daughter during the seventh inning of a baseball game.

--------------------------------------------------------------
13 4826 0948 82695 25847. Yes.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Left Hypocrisy
Date: June 19, 2009 01:53PM

MrMephisto Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Registered Voter Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Again - I am not one who want Letterman to be
> > fired over it - just like I thought it was
> > ludicrous that Imus WAS fired over what he
> said.
> > That is really what most of the ruckus is
> about.
>
> Apples and oranges. I thought the Imus thing was
> bullshit, but it was easy for dumb people to think
> he really had a racial grudge against those girls.
>
>
> Only the most retarded of mouth breathers would
> really think that Letterman was being serious
> about Alex Rodriguez impregnating Palin's 14
> year-old daughter during the seventh inning of a
> baseball game.


Imus was fired because his ratings sucked. If he had been #1 in the ratings, it never would have happened.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Left Hypocrisy
Posted by: Registered Voter ()
Date: June 19, 2009 01:59PM

MrMephisto Wrote:
>
>
> Only the most retarded of mouth breathers would
> really think that Letterman was being serious
> about Alex Rodriguez impregnating Palin's 14
> year-old daughter during the seventh inning of a
> baseball game.

Yes, honestly I could have given a rats ass over the whole thing. Once he was called on it though he should have offered an apology and moved on. By his own actions he allowed it to become a bigger issue than it really was.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Left Hypocrisy
Posted by: Alias ()
Date: June 20, 2009 01:45PM

]



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2012 11:00AM by Alias.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Left Hypocrisy
Posted by: Pancks ()
Date: June 20, 2009 01:50PM

Only the most retarded of mouth breathers would really think that Letterman was being serious about Alex Rodriguez impregnating Palin's 14 year-old daughter during the seventh inning of a baseball game.

Of course he wasn't serious you fucking idiot! Nobody ever said he was! It was that the "joke" was in poor taste and attacked the teenage child of a politician, not the politician himself.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Left Hypocrisy
Posted by: MrMephisto ()
Date: June 20, 2009 04:35PM

Pancks Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Of course he wasn't serious you fucking idiot!
> Nobody ever said he was! It was that the "joke"
> was in poor taste and attacked the teenage child
> of a politician, not the politician himself.

So how much is the mortgage on your glass house?

--------------------------------------------------------------
13 4826 0948 82695 25847. Yes.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Left Hypocrisy
Posted by: Alias ()
Date: June 21, 2009 01:59PM

'



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/29/2012 01:52PM by Alias.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Left Hypocrisy
Posted by: Pancks ()
Date: June 21, 2009 02:07PM

Mortgage on the glass house? I guess that means something to you, but then you're an idiot.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Left Hypocrisy
Posted by: Alias ()
Date: June 21, 2009 06:56PM

\



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/29/2012 01:51PM by Alias.

Options: ReplyQuote


Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
 **     **  **     **  ********  **        **     ** 
 **     **   **   **   **        **        **     ** 
 **     **    ** **    **        **        **     ** 
 **     **     ***     ******    **        **     ** 
 **     **    ** **    **        **        **     ** 
 **     **   **   **   **        **        **     ** 
  *******   **     **  **        ********   *******  
This forum powered by Phorum.