HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Ferguson's Most Visible Oath Keeper Just Quit and Started a Splinter Group
Posted by: popcorntime!!!!! ()
Date: August 29, 2015 11:25PM

The Oath Keepers in Ferguson just lost their highest-profile member. Sam Andrews, who led armed members of the militia-style group into protests following Michael Brown’s death and its one-year anniversary, quit in characteristically loud fashion amid a verbal war with the group’s founder this week, citing what he called a “racist double standard” within the Oath Keepers.

Whose Side Are the Oath Keepers in Ferguson On?
Sam Andrews received three phone calls during an hour-long lunch at a Pizza Hut in St. Louis…
Read more
Andrews’ spat with the Oath Keepers follows his announcement that he plans to hold a march in conjunction with black protesters in Ferguson during which marchers would legally carry guns in a symbolic showing of force against the police. Like most Oath Keepers, Andrews is a fierce believer in the Second Amendment. Where he may diverge from the orthodoxy of the group—which is mainly composed of ex-members of the military and law enforcement agencies—is his belief that residents of Ferguson and similar communities should arm themselves to combat oppressive police forces.

Reason reports that Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes asked Andrews to lay off the arm-the-protesters rhetoric, and that Andrews flatly refused. “All we were doing is saying, ‘Look, Sam, don’t make it sound like we’re gonna arm violent people who were rioters,’” Rhodes said. “We’re gonna arm the good people of Ferguson, to stand up for their rights against the police and to control the hoods.’”

Andrews noted Rhodes’ apparent hypocrisy, pointing to the standoff at Cliven Bundy’s ranch, where Oath Keepers were more than happy to assist people who stood against the government and happened to be white. “The law enforcement side of [Rhodes’] board and membership are racist, and he does not want to lose their money,” Andrews said. Rhodes shot back, calling Andrews a “lying sociopath” with a “personal vendetta.”

It is not surprising that Andrews would leave the formal Oath Keepers organization, and the split will likely mean little to him in practical terms beyond the loss of a nationally-recognized group with which to affiliate his name. I spoke with Andrews and other Ferguson-area Oath Keepers extensively following the one-year anniversary protests of Brown’s death earlier this month, and learned that despite his high public profile, Andrews was already acting on the fringe of the group. Even before quitting, he had never attended a meeting of the local Oath Keepers chapter, and when he brought his men and rifles into Ferguson, he was acting independently, without the knowledge or authorization of Oath Keepers leadership.

Andrews plans to move forward with his march, which has been dubbed #BlackOpenCarry; he just won’t be doing it as an Oath Keeper. He’ll be doing it as a YETI—that’s You Exterminating Tyrant Ideologies, the splinter group he started after quitting.

Time will tell whether Andrews’ departure signals a larger rift within the Oath Keepers, which lacks a cohesive power structure above its network of loosely connected local chapters. Andrews, who weeks ago told me with bravado that the Oath Keepers had signed up 2,500 new members in two days, now says that “state and chapter leaders are bailing out of Oath Keepers all around the nation.” Rhodes claims that he’s lying, telling Reason that the exodus “exists only in Sam Andrews’ brain.”

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Ferguson's Most Visible Oath Keeper Just Quit and Started a Splinter Group
Posted by: eesh ()
Date: August 30, 2015 12:46AM

The Oath Keepers are dangerous and paranoid extremists that infiltrate the ranks of the military and fill people's heads with thoughts such as disobeying their commander-in-chief. For some reason, they are very successful with National Guardsmen.

This country is divisive enough, it doesn't need paranoid nationalists that teach people to disobey authority.

EDIT: I think the poster Dane Bramage/Sgt Sandbags is a member of the Oath Keepers.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/30/2015 12:47AM by eesh.

Posted by: nigger, please!!! ()
Date: August 30, 2015 08:50AM

That's all we need......more niggers with guns!

Posted by: Sgt Sandbags ()
Date: August 30, 2015 09:03AM

eesh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The Oath Keepers are dangerous and paranoid
> extremists that infiltrate the ranks of the
> military and fill people's heads with thoughts
> such as disobeying their commander-in-chief. For
> some reason, they are very successful with
> National Guardsmen.
>
> This country is divisive enough, it doesn't need
> paranoid nationalists that teach people to disobey
> authority.
>
>
>
> EDIT: I think the poster Dane Bramage/Sgt Sandbags
> is a member of the Oath Keepers.

I have no idea who Dane Bramage is and I have nothing to do with Oath Keepers.
You fail.

Date: August 30, 2015 09:04AM

Okay...just checking. You seem like the anti-government type.

Posted by: Sgt Sandbags ()
Date: August 30, 2015 09:34AM

eesh Wrote:
> Okay...just checking. You seem like the
> anti-government type.

Obama has turned our military into a mess. He's more concerned about how many queers we have in the ranks than troop morale or well being and it's no wonder
veterans are disgruntled. I'm not anti-government at all but know a bumbling
bureaucracy when I see it.

Posted by: Thanks Servicemen ()
Date: August 30, 2015 09:49AM

Thank eesh and Sgt Sandbags for your service, whether it was in the past or currently.

Date: August 30, 2015 11:55AM

Sgt Sandbags Wrote:
> eesh Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Okay...just checking. You seem like the
> > anti-government type.
>
> Obama has turned our military into a mess. He's
> more concerned about how many queers we have in
> the ranks than troop morale or well being and it's
> no wonder
> veterans are disgruntled. I'm not anti-government
> at all but know a bumbling
> bureaucracy when I see it.

I was in when Bush and Cheney were in control, and I can say that Obama has been far more supportive of the military and veterans.

Right now the military has to get its act together; too much spending on useless crap like the F 22 and F 35 and these littoral combat ships. The DOD also has to downsize the amount of flag officers. There are more generals in the Army now than there were in WWII.

Posted by: Really? ()
Date: August 30, 2015 12:03PM

eesh Wrote:
> Sgt Sandbags Wrote:
> -----
> > eesh Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Okay...just checking. You seem like the
> > > anti-government type.
> >
> > Obama has turned our military into a mess. He's
> > more concerned about how many queers we have in
> > the ranks than troop morale or well being and
> it's
> > no wonder
> > veterans are disgruntled. I'm not
> anti-government
> > at all but know a bumbling
> > bureaucracy when I see it.
>
>
>
>
>
> I was in when Bush and Cheney were in control, and
> I can say that Obama has been far more supportive
> of the military and veterans.
>
> Right now the military has to get its act
> together; too much spending on useless crap like
> the F 22 and F 35 and these littoral combat
> ships. The DOD also has to downsize the amount of
> flag officers. There are more generals in the Army
> now than there were in WWII.

http://www.militarytimes.com/story/military/2014/12/21/americas-military-a-conservative-militarys-cultural-evolution/18959975/?fullsite=true

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.