HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
C++
Posted by: Chicho ()
Date: March 11, 2005 09:23PM

Does anyone know C++? I'm trying to find a course to take, or just a little help.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C++
Posted by: G ()
Date: March 12, 2005 11:06AM

Is there a reason you want C++, as opposed to Java or one of the popular scripting languages (perl/python/ruby/PHP)?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C++
Posted by: Chicho ()
Date: March 13, 2005 12:45AM

Because...C++ is the shit. And I am learning PHP also

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C++
Posted by: Cary ()
Date: March 13, 2005 06:59AM

nova used to offer c++ but they just changed over to all java.
www.nvcc.edu

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C++
Posted by: Chicho ()
Date: March 13, 2005 08:57PM

son of a bitch

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C++
Posted by: G ()
Date: March 15, 2005 09:33AM

I think you're confused.. C++ *is* shit, not *the* shit. Everyone has started fleeing from it as fast as they can. Microsoft has dumped it in favor of C# (sorta), Linux is still good ol' C, although there's some userspace apps with C++. Apple uses Objective-C, which is more like Smalltalk than C++. The rest of the world is moving to Java.

I just can't work out a compelling reason to write stuff in C++. Seriously, do you give a shit about operator overloading? Or having to write your own destructor methods? (If you thought free() was bad...) And so on, and so on.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C++
Posted by: anon ()
Date: March 15, 2005 10:03PM

GMU switched to Java last Fall.

C++ is still used on plenty of projects. Not to mention existing codebases being maintained. It's not always about overt language features. Maturity of compilers and optimization schemes, libraries, platform restraints, and experience of programmers all play a part. No, I wouldn't program something in C++ unless there was a compelling reason - operator overloading would not be it. Maybe generics, binary size, or performance optimization.

The vast majority of applications you could write can be done well in Java, no question. I wouldn't tell someone to learn C++ unless they were into seriously becoming a programmer in certain fields. There are better tools for most things.

For fun and flexibility, I would say give Python a hack.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C++
Posted by: Nik ()
Date: March 18, 2005 11:14AM

if you're into c++ for games, you want to learn VISUAL c++. that's the platform microshaft uses for the xbox.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C++
Posted by: a REAL Programmer ()
Date: March 25, 2005 02:24PM

Java is teh ghey

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C++
Posted by: Chris ()
Date: April 01, 2005 02:08PM

C++ is great, and there are plenty of resources.
If I were starting from scratch, I would keep an eye on http://boost.org , and focus on http://gcc.gnu.org. You can use gcc under 'Doze via the MinGW project.
Python is a tool overall. You can design and prototype your project, then use boost::python to migrate the performance-intensive pieces.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C++
Posted by: Jim ()
Date: April 01, 2005 07:31PM

Java sucks some large cock.

C++ is where it's at. Only pussy coders don't like C/C++, because they can't figure out why their shit seg faults cause they are n00bs.

Anyway, just get a book, it's cheaper.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C++
Posted by: pgens ()
Date: April 04, 2005 11:21AM

java is teh sux0r, c++ is teh sux0r, c# is teh rox0r

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C++
Posted by: K ()
Date: April 05, 2005 10:33AM

I would strongly suggest going with C++ instead of Java. Java's implementation makes it run pretty slow (relatively), and it doesn't give you as much control/satisfaction as C++ can. I agree with Jim, people who use Java are usually just trying to take the easy way out, but it comes with a tradeoff. C++ may be a little tougher at first, but I assure you it far surpasses Java and is much more worthwhile to learn. Basically, if you make the investment to learn C++, it'll pay off big time and you'll find many other languages to be a cinch whenever you need to use them. I don't think you can call yourself a "real" programmer if you haven't done any C++. Java is nice, but I don't think it's here to stay, given that a lot of programmers become frustrated with it. At the extreme, many hard-core programmers would laugh at you if you talked about using Java for a serious project.

Options: ReplyQuote
to "G"
Posted by: GravisZro on EFNet/IM ()
Date: April 08, 2005 11:18AM

When you say the rest of the world is moving to java, you are dead wrong. One very big example is video games. C++ is the language they use for it's power. And yes i overload operators all the time. It would appear you do not have much experience programming in C++. Java my be popular at the moment in the Northern VA area but it is definately not changing over worldwide. I wrote a nice 20 page paper on a comparison of the two languages. I'll try to dig it up and post it online.

Gravis

unfairfax (AT) adaptivetime [d0t] com

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: to "G"
Posted by: Chicho ()
Date: April 12, 2005 12:05AM

0mfgsh G j00 jus7 g07 pwn3d

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C++
Posted by: dlee ()
Date: April 15, 2005 03:27PM

my brother wrote this cool video game in C++ years ago. I think you swatted flies or something... I wish I still had that game.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C++
Posted by: alive ()
Date: April 15, 2005 10:41PM

Learn Scheme. Java is shit, C++ is shit, but C++ is at least useful because most GUI toolkits require it. C is decent for low-level stuff. Anyway, Scheme is the best because it's a functional language, which means it makes you really smart.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C++
Posted by: anon ()
Date: April 16, 2005 01:32AM

Disclaimer: I don't have any feelings about programming languages. I'm not trying to tell you $languageXYZ sucks or vice versa.

Every single comment on this thread supporting C++ could be said of assembly. By these arguments, assembly beats everything hands down. God help us, Steve Gibson was right all along. Let's see:

- assembly is "powerful"
- it's fast
- it's not Java
- it can be used to program games
- it gives you the satisfaction you're looking for
- you're not a real programmer unless you've used it
- it's "here to stay"

The language wars are over. No one cares. Here's what's important:
Do I know how to use $languageXYZ?
Does it have a good API for $task_ABC, on $platform_EFG?
Can I reuse code?
Can the code be refactored?
Will the runtime perform to spec?

That's what should determine the language - i.e. tool - that you use.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C++
Posted by: rstidman ()
Date: April 16, 2005 07:51AM

assembly is "powerful".... powerful hard to learn. And powerful tedious.

Options: ReplyQuote
Scheme and Assembly
Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: April 22, 2005 11:30AM

"Anyway, scheme is the best because it's a functional language, which means it makes you really smart." - alive

alive, mastery of a single programming language does not "[make] you really smart." On that note, by your use of the English language, Scheme has not "[made] you really smart." Enough insults. I have not heard of the Scheme programming language until you have mentioned it. I believe it is fair to say that Scheme will not get you far in the real world.

As for the anonymous person, while perhaps you have decided that "[t]he language wars are over," and "[n]o one cares," it would be difficult for you to be more incorrect. First, the "wars" between which programming language has never ended since the invention of the programming language. Even in the Java language, there are three APIs that are in conflict and that is only Java. In the real world the problems are not with which language is best, rather what the people in charge think is best. This applies to most any part of business. I think it's safe to say that a Unix server will out perform a Windows based server in both speed and security. However, still thousands of business' use Windows based servers. It's purely political. As far as nobody caring, I hope you wont mind running alive's new Scheme based OS. It does matter and people do care even if they dont know what it is.

Finally, Assembly language is the most powerful as far as capabilities. You can do anything with assembly. As rstidman pointed out, it is not an intuitive programming language. With some help is it not too difficult to learn. If you have all the time and resources in the world with an unending patients, there is no reason to ever use another language. Not everyone has these to spare (though some idealists can't seem to grasp that) so higher level languages have been created. I personally like C's understandablity and speed and C++ adds even more functionality to make object oriented programming possible (though some claim it is possible in C, they are missing the definition).

I don't care what language you program in, as long as the user does not need to know which it is and you write clean code. Short of this, please throw yourself off the nearest bridge.

Gravis

unfairfax (at) adaptivetime [dot] com

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Scheme and Assembly
Posted by: alive ()
Date: April 27, 2005 12:07AM

Gravis, do you know what a functional language is? I ask this question in all seriousness, because you respond as if my example was just "yet another" language. A functional language is very different from programming in C or C++.

Scheme is a dialect of Lisp. Maybe you have heard of that. Scheme is not used much industrially, but that doesn't mean learning a new way to solve problems won't make you a better programmer.

You say that "Assembly language is the most powerful as far as capabilities." This may be true in regards to the machine the assembly is designed to run on, but assembly is not portable. Again, I honestly wonder if you realize there are CPU architectures other than i386 out there; "Assembly" is not a single programming language. There's x86 assembly, MIPS assembly, PPC assembly etc. In any event, anything coded in assembly becomes useless when you stop using that CPU, which is a serious drawback. I would argue that C is a more powerful language. If you're thoughtful, most code you write in C can be used anywhere, and with any decent optimizing compiler, any performance cost over using the machine's assembly language will be negligible.

Scheme is a language of mostly academic interest. I would not write an operating system in it; I would write an operating system in C. Or maybe Brainfuck. Brainfuck gets you really far in the real world.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C++
Posted by: BASIC ()
Date: April 15, 2011 12:15AM

I use BASIC.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C++
Posted by: C99 ()
Date: April 15, 2011 04:38AM

here is what my professor said about Java, C++, and C:

"Java is the overprotective mother. She doesn't let you try stupid things and she always is there if you need help.. C++ on the other hand is like a teenage mom. She'll give you more responsibilities (some memory stuff). She lets you go out and push your boundaries. But, if you fuck up she'll be there to bail you out. Now C...shes like the crack mom. C lets you do what ever you want. You give her an invalid input she'll most likely say 'ooo cool let's see what happens!'.She just doesn't give a fuck about you. You fuck up, your fault. For example, 'You really wanna try to access that memory....well.. can you open it-WHAT THE FUCK! I DON'T CARE! (computer crashes)' You gotta get use to handling your own memory too..'Crack mom can you track my memory and free it when im done?' 'NO FUCK YOU! FUCK ORPHANED MEMORY. NOT MY PROBLEM!'"

C can sometimes be a bitch to debug... but it's not only much faster than higher level codes but it also allows you to do whatever you want.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C++
Posted by: Handyman ()
Date: April 15, 2011 08:49AM

This morning I needed to repair a loose board on my house. I went through the tools in my toolbox one at a time trying each one to see which was best for driving a nail into the board. The wrench was too light and didn't make a dent in the problem. The screwdriver's blade was too narrow and kept missing the nail. Finally I tried a hammer and I'll be damned if that didn't do a great job. I decided that was the best tool and threw all the others out.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C++
Posted by: Operator ()
Date: April 15, 2011 08:50AM

Java or C#. C++ lacks multiple inheritance and you can't do true object programming, this eventually ends up giving you C++ spaghetti shit code. Also C++ is prone to errors because of the difficult to read syntax.

Is Java slower than C++, yes, but you'll run on more platforms(even cell phones) and have true object oriented code.

I'd learn Java or C# before C++.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C++
Posted by: Operator ()
Date: April 15, 2011 08:58AM

Also, look at the platform you want to run on. If you want to work well with Windows, Word, Excel etc.. and Windows servers than choose C#. If you want to work well with Linux and Unix servers than choose Java.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C++
Posted by: C++ Emperor ()
Date: April 15, 2011 06:33PM

Operator Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Java or C#. C++ lacks multiple inheritance and
> you can't do true object programming, this
> eventually ends up giving you C++ spaghetti shit
> code. Also C++ is prone to errors because of the
> difficult to read syntax.
>
> Is Java slower than C++, yes, but you'll run on
> more platforms(even cell phones) and have true
> object oriented code.
>
> I'd learn Java or C# before C++.

Don't listen to this retard, he has it exactly backwards. C++ is the only one of those three languages that actually has multiple inheritance, the other two don't. Java is a shit language made for morons. C# was Microsoft's answer to Java when they lost their big lawsuit with Sun almost a decade ago. It's nearly identical to Java in many respects. Real programmers don't need garbage collection.

Also, ignore the moron that's talking about Scheme. Scheme is a dialect of Lisp that's mostly used in an academic setting. Common Lisp is a much more widely used dialect, so there's a lot more out there about it. Everyone should learn Lisp at some point, if only so they know the frustration of not having your parentheses matchup (LISP is sometimes said to stand for Lots of Insipid, Stupid Parentheses). It's also good because it makes you think about programming in a completely different way.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C++
Posted by: I Declare ()
Date: April 15, 2011 08:49PM

.
Attachments:
nerd-alert.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C++
Posted by: dangpeoples ()
Date: April 16, 2011 05:15PM

Each language has its merits and its pitfalls. I must say one thing about the idea of real programmers only use C++. If you're only working on a project yourself and you want to handle all the extra overhead, go ahead. But in a real life project where you have multiple people working and you need to think about budgets and code maintainability to think about, more times than not it makes more sense to go with Java or C#. There's still a great need for C and C++ and probably will be for a very long time, especially in certain fields. It used to be that the real cost was in the hardware and now the cost is in the time it takes to develop software. So all this talk about performance, it's not as much of an issue as it used to be an is becoming less and less of an issue. The hardware is cheap, people are expensive. I think it's still a good idea for intro computer science classes to teach C++ but Java should be a requirement either in that class or subsequent ones. I don't agree with teaching a scripting language in place of a language like C++ or Java for an intro to computer science class. You really should learn at least one solid language say: C++/Java/C# and one scripting language like Perl/PHP/Python.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C++
Posted by: C Programmer ()
Date: April 16, 2011 05:37PM

Just as an aside about program development here in NoVA - I've worked at numerous companies around the region for a couple decades as an hourly contract programmer. With only two exceptions NONE of the projects used C++ (and none at all used C#). By far the projects were majorly C and, more recently, Java, with smidgens of other things thrown in (like Fortran) and lots of scripting. The two exceptions were an ancient project involving Borland C++ behind the scenes of some Windows 3.0 work and a small inherited chunk of programming from an acquired company at a different project - but that was really a VERY insignificant part of the whole project, the major portion of which was C and JAVA.

Most recently lots of the work is "written" using program-writing tools (like Eclipse) so often there was little C/JAVA overtly as well.

[should note that more than one place used higher level "4G" languages like Passport that themselves reduced to C code behind the scenes]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C++
Posted by: localengineer ()
Date: April 16, 2011 09:21PM

I know C++.

Don't bother with a course in school. Learn it yourself.

Start here:
http://www.rainman-soft.com/cms/node/33

by the way.. there is a lot of crazy talk on this board about what is and isn't used. at work I use python, unix shell code (tcsh/bash), java, fortran, c, c++, ARM ASM, x86_64 ASM, x86 ASM, perl, javascript, php, matlab, expect, and then some...

there is a place for everything out there.


-- if you are just trying to learn (for the first time) object oriented programming and want quick results, give python a quick try.. (stick with version 2.7 or less -- 3.xx is a lesser known beast in terms of google searches)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C++
Posted by: localengineer ()
Date: April 16, 2011 09:23PM

oh yeah.. more c++ refs:
http://ocw.mit.edu/courses/electrical-engineering-and-computer-science/6-096-introduction-to-c-january-iap-2011/lecture-notes/


if you plan to code for the iPhone, start learning that crummy ass Objective-C stuff...

if you plan to code for the droid, there is a lot of java/c++ running on there.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C++
Posted by: Maclay ()
Date: April 16, 2011 09:55PM

Python is tight spent 4 years developing in that, was developed basicly as a teaching language but really has taken off over the years. The community has really been an asset more than most platforms. Did quite a bit over the years, you name it I ran with it, all but JAVA was never my cup of tea. All depends on what ya wanna do each language has a place just depends on the job. About 8 years ago, after 30 years of writing apps I decided it was time for a change and got into IS and never looked back.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C++
Posted by: localengineer ()
Date: April 17, 2011 08:40AM

yeah Maclay, I'm with you... of all the languages that I have used, Java is my least favorite, and javascript is an evil necessity. Javascript is horrible.. thank god somebody created jQuery to make some of it a little easier.

On a weekly basis, I use c/c++, perl, and python the most.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C++
Posted by: TerpFan ()
Date: April 22, 2011 04:32PM

A language is irrelevant w/o at least some grasp of programming fundamentals - it would be analogous to learning french by memorizing statements, as opposed to understanding the syntactical rules and their application. In all honesty, it would be pointless to learn c++ (or any static/strongly-typed langauge) outside of academic setting, because the barrier for entry into those positions would simply be too high. PHP would be any easier point of entry, but speaking as a PHP/Ruby/Python dev, it's untrained (or not classically trained) developers that are ruining the perception of the language and its surrounding community.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C++
Posted by: Shes all that ()
Date: April 22, 2011 07:59PM

ADA is the bomb. I use ADA packages for all my web development.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C++
Posted by: Ada Schmada ()
Date: April 22, 2011 08:30PM

> ...ADA...

I was wondering the other month if that fiasco was still alive.

Is it?

Or did enough DoD folks revolt against it to let it become...historical?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C++
Posted by: 2rfgtbger3e ()
Date: October 01, 2019 06:12PM

learning C++ in 2005?

in 2005 everyone who knew already knew C++ was something linux was intently trying to kill off

BUT LINUX (distros mind you not kernel) perverted it - made sure that euro C++ was incompatible with USA C++ and kept changing so C++ apps never compiled (because the compiler files were always being hacked)

C++ used 3x the memory with no benefit in anything but a professional AT&T telephone exchange situation. most apps did NOT benefit one iota from it. under no circumstances was it normally beneficial. people (such as linux torvalds) strongly suggest staying away from C++.

they didn't know (yet, perhaps, but some did) that terrorists in Ubuntu were also killing off C (later to be revived by a non-terrorst organization as "clang"), even bribed FreeBSD to stop using C which was DIRECTLY DECENDANT and modified by the creator(s) of C.

i believe it was germans behind it - germans working with china - novell/anthem (a german telco) and chinese electronics and gov who were seeking a way to overcome USA's lead (without paying employees!) who perverted C++ to always fail compiling (that is, without severe rewrites - meaning code which should compile without a single work around requiring, at times, complete rewrites due to their hacking. IT WAS NOT A MISTAKE - YOU MUST UNDERSTAND it was war / terrorism driving what they were doing)

.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C++
Posted by: grtnhfgfew ()
Date: October 01, 2019 06:15PM

you see it culminated in compilers that are "unlicensed" (they don't owe AT&T money, they say, but there are still lawsuits about that)

culminated in ubuntu supporting ONLY arm processors and android phones (you get a text window at best otherwise)

and asians making the devices, germans doing security, software, and running the "telephone companies"

IP BANNING anyone in usa who asked what was going on, marking the question as "#solved"

IT WAS VERY COZY AGREEMENTS, WHAT WAS GOING ON

but the reasult is so easy to see today: ARM and android supported, Intel attacked

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C++
Posted by: rfgbgrefrw ()
Date: October 01, 2019 06:31PM

A DECADE BEFORE THIS, CLINTON MADE DEALS WITH ASIANS

HE TOOK OVER COLLEGES WITH HOSTILE TAKE-OVERS - making it "illegal" for anyone but government to educate (ie, free workplace education was "not certified" anymore, where before it had been. private colleges had to shut doors or become part of government)

HE FIRED PROFESSORS THAT USED UNIX AND "SERVED AS A WATCHDOG FOR THE UNIX COMMUNITY", putting asians an PCs in their place

HE (STOLE) APPLE IIE (with beautiful $$$ monitors) FROM SCHOOLS AND REPLACE THEM WITH PC (bush later made agreements with dell to "service" these always broken PC)

HE HIRED UNQUALIFIED ENGLISH TEACHERS AS DATABASE OPERATORS (beause they did nothing but put in purchase orders for microsoft to do service contracts) - check the washington post way back - i'm not wrong about that

HE DIS-ASSEMBLED THE REAL INTERNET AND MADE IT A LARGE LAN, so that only top players could participate

HE MADE A "NO EMAIL LAW" SO ONLY GOOGLE MICROSOFT WERE ALLOWED TO SEND MAIL - AND IT WAS LADEN WITH SPAM

HE MADE A "NO PERSONAL WEBSITE LAW" - only people with tons of money to pay their ISP to re-enable port 80 were allowed to run websites (ie, not me - no money). this was said to "protect win95" from chinese attack. but the truths went much deeper - because anyone knew that apple wasn't being attacked - the whole damn thing all happened only on the platform that claiming it "needed gov protection" from competing websites.

HE DID COUNTLESS OTHER THINGS: HUGE STOCK CRASHES AND REAL ESTATE CRASHES, COURTS BECAME KANGAROO COURTS, POLITICIANS BECAME PEOPLE YOU COULDN'T PROSECUTE, HOW YOU VOTED COULD NOW GET YOU FIRED AND EVEN STALKED

OP if you started tech in 2005 and didn't read allot of history you had zero idea what was going on.



when i started tech people on BBS were outspoken about warning about the unix wars and such

in 2005 if you mentioned softawre wars on a linux forum you were permanently IP BANNED

if you mentioned microsoft in a "bad light", you were labeled as insane by government

the reason why is they were #winning at the time - and stalking people who knew they were #winning and intented to see them fall



.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C++
Posted by: e3rffere2 ()
Date: October 01, 2019 06:36PM

when i started tech


HISTORY OF TECH STUDY WAS ENCOURAGE, ie, holorith cards and univac and VAX and DEC and what drove change in tecnnology

not many people did history research and i didn't do "allot" of it - i can't recite how radars turned into terminals exactly or what exact wars insued - shame on me

but i was an early reader of legal agreements (since a very young age), followed these, i wanted to know "why" and what impact they had




just like obama and clinton BANNING BOOKS THAT HAD REPUBLICAN VALUES FROM SCHOOLS

CLINTON ALSO HAD BANNED STUDYING OR RECITING HISTORY OF COMPUTING - SPECIFICALLY, THE TECH WARS

becasuse he was part of running one against USA


Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C++
Posted by: James Gasling ()
Date: October 01, 2019 06:36PM

Shes all that Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ADA is the bomb. I use ADA packages for all my
> web development.


dod hated ada so much that if you used ada you had to submit an explanation why you didn't submit a waiver not to use ada

government truly sux

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C++
Posted by: rgtgefd ()
Date: October 01, 2019 06:39PM

so while i was taught it was a shame on me to NOT study technology and industry evolution including battles between companies

OP WAS THREATENED NOT TO MENTION SUCH THINGS (called rants, called rants by clinton and microsoft who were trying to ban any negative speech of hostile actions)

OP would have learned that if you mentioned sabotage in a linux channel in 2005 it was a "insane, in-appropriate, inccorrect, laughable wrong", and get IP banned for mentioning it. BEACUSE THE PEOPLE BANNING IT - WERE DOING IT IN SPADES IN A HOSTILE MANNER, against USA

.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C++
Posted by: e3refrew ()
Date: October 01, 2019 06:40PM

James Gasling Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Shes all that Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > ADA is the bomb. I use ADA packages for all my
> > web development.
>
>
> dod hated ada so much that if you used ada you had
> to submit an explanation why you didn't submit a
> waiver not to use ada
>
> government truly sux

i cant' say i didn't read an ada manual

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C++
Posted by: efregew ()
Date: October 01, 2019 06:42PM

i'm weak on fortran and fortran cards, but know what a 100bit bus is - shame on me

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C++
Posted by: 3fdfdd ()
Date: October 01, 2019 06:45PM

indie electronics indie software ...

of course it's ridiculous, unless your taken in (likely by someone who knows someone), you really can't compete

you need gov contracts, a team of people, paychecks to "compete".

"indie is dead" - and was mostly so long ago, except in lucky unusual cases (of course, microsoft wants you to believe indie success is still done everyday)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C++
Posted by: nimbus 3 ()
Date: October 01, 2019 07:00PM

> dod hated ada so much that if you used ada you had
> to submit an explanation why you didn't submit a
> waiver not to use ada

i doubt that

ada commercial version did not have drivers for modern hardware (it was not just lack of use that made ada unpopular - it was that ada did not have drivers: for exmaple, you were NEVER going to use ada with an XVGA IBM monitor, nor were you going to ever use a 10/100 lan card with ADA: never happened)

without drivers languages and or OS fail (this was the success of Micrsoft - who btw made sure asia printers had drivers and USA postcript printers DID NOT) because the simply CANNOT TURN ON THE LIGHTS

the above post appears to be FAKE NEWS - web development using ada "just never happened" - but not because ada wasn't a good language.

there are plenty (way too many actually) of other good language (which didn't have drivers) and a few survived because they affiliated with (the right people and right platforms and had enough staff to survive the tide of continual mass code rewrites - which indie developers cannot afford, and big companies know that)

C was special because IT IS ASSEMBLER LANGUAGE COMPATIBLE, but microsoft and ubuntu hacked it so that it WAS NOT assembler language compatible and not cross compiling compatible either. it made providing drivers "easier" (however, my ASM college teacher would say drivers were not done using C, and that no fool would write a driver without being paid!)

.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C++
Posted by: nimbus 3 ()
Date: October 01, 2019 07:09PM

if you made a C program in unix it would NOT compile under microsoft's compilers

then, once Germany had assaulted linux via 'gcc' alterations: Sun Micro binaries no longer ran in linux - and UNIX C code also did not compile in linux (not without significant rewrites). NONE OF IT WAS UN-INTENTIONAL, the differences were in-excusable

this made it impossible to write an application that could be re-compiled - which mean only those who had (terrorist teams) could HOARD the now "broken" code and offer re-release of it - the re-releases ALWAYS HAD NEW AUTHORS - meaning, change of ownership

change of ownership is the key word there, mr ada

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C++
Posted by: nimbus 3 ()
Date: October 01, 2019 07:26PM

ada included "parallel tasking" as a major feature prevailing in it's uses

neither apache nor microsoft IE explorer nor mosaic/netscape had provisions for "web page responses driven by parallel processing". the assumption was one user one click one server response per web page hit (single threaded per), and any parallel tasking would be done by the kernel

ada web page app ... PROVE IT

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C++
Posted by: nimbus 3 ()
Date: October 01, 2019 07:31PM

meanwhile apache server "multi-threading" was of the simplest kind (ie, without POLLING)

that means it would spawn a child to do service - one server per web user which would NOT interact with other threads or main thread in any appreciable manner (which spells simple unix C or Pascal, not ada even at the client server level)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C++
Posted by: 08dfkjf ()
Date: October 05, 2019 07:40PM

I FOR GOT TO SAY

MICROSOFT ATTACKED OTHER COMPANIES AND LANGUAGES

ONE THING THEY DID IS INSTALL "STACK CANARY" in 1998 (the year of the devil!) Microsoft said it helped insure viruses weren't in the stack (why would they be unless your OS was full of crap!)


THE ACTUAL REASON FOR STACK CANARY, JOE STACK, WAS TO PREVENT COMPETITION FROM THE PASCAL LANGUAGE.

Pascal was (is) simpler to use, much more stable than the Microsoft C compiler, and faster for a certain wide set of algorithmic programmign. It had support also for non-microsoft visual interface.

Pascal began in europe and had (has) no copyright.

(what does that have to do with stack canary? it's deep, but i assure you 100% that they prevent pascal MODULES from LINKING to C programs via reverse engineering (the stack canary))



Ubuntu (the fucking devils) stole microsoft's hack and installed in in linux OS, so that things would be a train wreck (and development stalled for anyone but those who "had the real control") under that platform too.

.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C++
Posted by: this thing ()
Date: October 05, 2019 07:48PM

1946fcfeba3022da24e3c5c40ba8690c.jpg

THIS IS THE CANARY - IT IS A BEAST

IT DELETES THINGS ON THE STACK THAT ARE LEGITIMATELY LEFT THERE (the C language)

DEEPER DOWN the simplest of things (such as asking for text) become mutated to things like "phone to a remote country and install a virus". the party compiling the code would be totally un-aware the compiler was doing exactly that. and it does exactly that.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C++
Posted by: rgt4r3e ()
Date: October 05, 2019 07:50PM

(if your a Millenials and stupid enough to believe the original C language was susceptible to stack overflow, you deserve to drink the cup of failure they hand to you!!!)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C++
Posted by: Sven Vomit ()
Date: October 05, 2019 10:59PM

You are insane you crazy fuck.

Take your fucking meds.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C++
Posted by: your fucking meds. ()
Date: October 06, 2019 12:17AM

Sven Vomit Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You are insane you crazy fuck.
>
> Take your fucking meds.


gerrymanderer2 (OP) posts several lies on ffu daily - many\.10think he's a fx co gov worker who is getting paid to do it for false DNC democrat "advertising". he floods ffu with useless posts to bump down major news, posts fecal matter, mutilated bodies, child porn, foreign drug ads and sneaker ads, tells people to kill themselves and government should seize them and put them on psych pills in prison - decided by democrat gov of course, promotes kangaroo courthouse trials, gives anti-religious rants, gives satanic ritual rants, posts black males with large dicks on white young females, portends white low birth rate and fall of USA, food tampering/poisoning, and anything possible to DEMORALIZE white people on ffu. (perhaps a chinese prisoner or isis member - but definitely knowledgeable of fx co gov from the inside at times). the website operator has told him "not to post or return" which are still posted - not removed, by the sysop: not because of a political leaning but for continual illegal and gross spam along with messages that are only to demoralize if not kill others. he/she plays at financial terrorism as well: continuall reporting false financial data, and fake emergency please from (fake members of the community he makes up)

DROP DEAD G2. PROVE WHAT YOU SAY. I HAVE PLENTY OF PROOF CANARY DO AS I SAID: INCLUDING THE FACT IT'S A DOCUMENTED SIDE EFFECT.

G2: YOU HAVE ZERO EVIDENCE THE ADDED "SAFETY" WAS EVER NEEDED OR EVER WORKS AS PLANNED. keep in mind: only on microsoft platform are virus scanners needed: there's a reason: microsoft are the people writing the viruses to force the purches of those scanners.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: C++
Posted by: A+ ()
Date: July 06, 2022 04:18PM

Try Python

Options: ReplyQuote


Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
  *******         **  ********   **      **  **      ** 
 **     **        **  **     **  **  **  **  **  **  ** 
        **        **  **     **  **  **  **  **  **  ** 
  *******         **  **     **  **  **  **  **  **  ** 
        **  **    **  **     **  **  **  **  **  **  ** 
 **     **  **    **  **     **  **  **  **  **  **  ** 
  *******    ******   ********    ***  ***    ***  ***  
This forum powered by Phorum.