HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
North Korea has Weapons of Mass Destruction
Posted by: Christian-Patriot ()
Date: May 25, 2009 10:35PM

Obama wanted to talk. This is North Korea's response. Great idea, President Hussein. Very persuasive. Do you have any other bright ideas? You're on a roll here.

So...now what? North Korea has must made us look like assclowns. We were on a WMD hunt, went into a country that did not have them, now North Korea definitely has them and flaunts it. Does anybody see the irony in this?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: North Korea has Weapons of Mass Destruction
Posted by: Vince(1) ()
Date: May 25, 2009 10:49PM

Sure I do...the only country in the world that has dropped an atomic preaching to the world...absolute irony!

Posted by: Melissa ()
Date: May 25, 2009 11:16PM

Vince(1) Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sure I do...the only country in the world that has
> dropped an atomic preaching to the
> world...absolute irony!

Why are you in this country?

Posted by: Furfur ()
Date: May 25, 2009 11:22PM

Difference between the U.S/Russia/Israel/France/U.K having nuclear weapons and North Korea having them is they are batshit insane and will go to any length to gain some bullshit level of international respect.

Even at the worst times of the Cold War, the Soviet Union was ten times more stable than North Korea. Don't forget, there is always the chance North Korea will sell the materials/technology to some terrorist group.

Posted by: MrMephisto ()
Date: May 25, 2009 11:28PM

I think China may be encouraging this. They're a growing superpower, and know the US can't afford a war in N. Korea.

--------------------------------------------------------------
13 4826 0948 82695 25847. Yes.

Posted by: Furfur ()
Date: May 26, 2009 12:39AM

I think China has too much economic interest in the U.S. If our economy dropped dead tomorrow, China would stand to lose a great deal.

Besides, a war with North Korea would be a joke anyway. They have almost no Air Force or Navy, just a huge Army with Soviet-era equipment.

With 50 years of landmines separating the two Koreas, an invasion would be rather difficult. Also, consider the delivery of the nuclear bomb. They can't even get a missile to fly to Japan.

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: May 26, 2009 06:38AM

Christian-Patriot Wrote:
Obama wanted to talk.

LOL, N Korea tested a nuclear weapon back in 2006, during Bush's presidency, dumbass. And whatever they set off last week certainly was in development during the Bush/Cheney administration.

Are you really dumb enough to think that they designed and built a nuke in the past 4 months?

Date: May 26, 2009 06:52AM

Melissa Wrote:
> Vince(1) Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Sure I do...the only country in the world that
> has
> > dropped an atomic preaching to the
> > world...absolute irony!
>
>
> Why are you in this country?

If you want to live ina country where people blindly follow their government's propaganda...move to North Korea.

Posted by: britdrnva ()
Date: May 26, 2009 08:29AM

As TheMeeper wrote, NK already detonated a nuclear device back in 2006 (albeit quite small). This one appears to be much more successful than the previous test. It's clear that NK is capable of quickly switching gears from peaceful non-nuclear to exploding a device in a matter of months. That would indicate they have a ready stockpile of weapons on hand - though how many, no one knows for certain.

To the OP - Bush spent 8 years trying to talk with North Korea...and really there is no alternative. We cannot invade them without quite likely destroying Seoul in the process and that is not a palatable option. Their military may be somewhat antiquated by our standards but they have literally millions of armed service personnel, as well as semi-accurate missiles. They couldn't hurt the USA (at least not yet) but they could cause severe problems for South Korea.

To Furfur - NK isn't quite "bat-shit insane" as you infer. Pretend you were them, what would you do if you wanted to hold to your system of governance. I know I would work like mad to develop a nuclear bomb - it's exactly what Iran is doing also. Once a nation has a nuclear bomb it acts as a great equaliser. The US backs off the bullying at least overtly because there is much more at stake should things go wrong. NK knows full well that there will be sanctions laid out against them for testing these weapons but it also knows that it will be treated much less roughly in the future because of what they possess. They know the world will take them more seriously.

For these reasons we should have bombed Iran a long time ago - not all of Iran just the known nuclear factories. The Iranians mind you, have been very smart about the whole thing. They've spread factories all around the country. Some in very high density neighborhoods, some very deep underground. Spread out enough that should there be an all-out strike now it will likely not hit all the various targets or destroy them. The Iranians have been stringing the world along for years - first under Bush and now under Obama.

Again as with NK there is a great reluctance to strike at Iran especially when Iraq and Afghanistan are failures and even more so with the world economy as bad as it is. The Iranians have effective control of the Strait of Hormuz, even a limited strike would likely create a stranglehold there and severe global economic problems. I see in NK what I see Iran will be in a few years time.

Posted by: wuht ()
Date: May 26, 2009 08:29AM

and if you want to live in a country where we have the freedom to compliment and support dictators and others who would do us harm, you may also live here with Vince.

Date: May 26, 2009 08:45AM

I complimented no one..just pointed out the true irony. Im sure the people who died at Hiroshima didnt appreciate the fact that they were nuked by the worlds greatest democracy.

Posted by: pgens ()
Date: May 26, 2009 08:56AM

Sometimes when you poke sticks at tigers you get bitten... the US was drawn in by the people who were eventually bombed. Don't attack a country with atomic weapons next time.

Date: May 26, 2009 09:14AM

wuht Wrote:
>> and if you want to live in a country where we have the freedom to compliment and support dictators and others who would do us harm,

The US has been providing aid to North Korea for decades. In fact Bush just resumed this support to N. Korea last summer.

Date: May 26, 2009 10:09AM

MrMephisto Wrote:
> I think China may be encouraging this. They're a
> growing superpower, and know the US can't afford a
> war in N. Korea.

I don't think China wants an unstable country on its border with a nutcase who may not even be in control anymore handling "The Bomb."

Posted by: 496 ()
Date: May 26, 2009 10:39AM

Good Idea: Vince Moves to N. Korea
Better Idea: Vince Moves to N. Korea and the U.S. Nukes it.

Date: May 26, 2009 10:57AM

wuht Wrote:
> and if you want to live in a country where we have
> the freedom to compliment and support dictators
> and others who would do us harm, you may also live
> here with Vince.

Hey, wuht. Here is a brief list of the dictators the U.S. has supported over the years...

Saddam Hussein
Baby Doc Duvalier
Ho Chi Minh (during WWII when Japan occupied Vietnam)
The Shah of Iran
The Saudi Royal family
Augusto Pinochet
The Somoza Family
Ferdinand Marcos

And I think you will agree that some on this list did, indeed, try to harm the United States.

Posted by: Summer Donna ()
Date: May 26, 2009 11:05AM

It all goes back to the Republicans. It's their fault for not engaging the global community on these matters. I have all confidence that the Democratic diplomacy will prevail in making North Korea simmer down now.

Posted by: Republicans: Still Wearing Silk Scarves. ()
Date: May 26, 2009 11:09AM

That's because all Republicans are closeted fags who like to walk alone with the help from only their boyfriend, Britain, which happens to be the gayest name out there when it comes to names of countries. Almost sounds like a male model or something.

Date: May 26, 2009 11:12AM

A lesson from the past. Imagine if Richard Nixon had been President during the Cuban Missile Crisis. Instead of diplomacy, he attacked Cuba.

Fidel Castro had permission from the Soviets to launch the missiles if he came under attack.

Imagine what kind of world we would be living in now if we hadn't used diplomatic means to deal with that crisis.

Posted by: ITRADE ()
Date: May 26, 2009 11:30AM

You could have said the same thing about Iraq and its invasion of Kuwait. Perhaps we should have just negotiated our way and let Iraq have its newly acquired province....

Date: May 26, 2009 11:32AM

Summer Donna wrote:
"It all goes back to the Republicans. It's their fault for not engaging the global community on these matters. I have all confidence that the Democratic diplomacy will prevail in making North Korea simmer down now."

Not quite but close =). When Bush gave his Axis of Evil speech then proceeded to attack two of those nations on that list - the extremely paranoid regime in NK jump-started their already nascent nuclear programme. Because of the Republican actions it accelerated a process already underway. The Iranians are on much the same path as NK was 5-6 years ago.

As for your optimism that Democratic diplomacy will prevail - I haven't seen anything starkly different in approaches from the Obama regime versus Bush vis-a-vis NK.

There needs to be a stern message sent to NK but pushing them even further into a corner will make them even crazier than they are now...except now it's a far more dangerous game.

Date: May 26, 2009 11:32AM

Vince(1) Wrote:
> I complimented no one..just pointed out the true
> irony. Im sure the people who died at Hiroshima
> didnt appreciate the fact that they were nuked by
> the worlds greatest democracy.

Kinda like how certain gunners mates and botswains mates didn't appreciate being bombed out of their bunks on a very calm Sunday morning.

The Japanese started that mess, and should have been prepared for the consequences. It would have come through a nuclear device or through firebombings like you saw in Tokyo, Nagoya, and Osaka. Shit, the A-bomb did most Japanese a fat, fucking favor.

Date: May 26, 2009 11:47AM

ITRADE Wrote:
> Vince(1) Wrote:
> -----
> > I complimented no one..just pointed out the
> true
> > irony. Im sure the people who died at
> Hiroshima
> > didnt appreciate the fact that they were nuked
> by
> > the worlds greatest democracy.
>
>
> Kinda like how certain gunners mates and botswains
> mates didn't appreciate being bombed out of their
> bunks on a very calm Sunday morning.
>
> The Japanese started that mess, and should have
> been prepared for the consequences. It would have
> come through a nuclear device or through
> firebombings like you saw in Tokyo, Nagoya, and
> Osaka. Shit, the A-bomb did most Japanese a fat,
> fucking favor.

It's a fact that the Japanese military were all bat-shit crazy, and would have happily made America fight them for every inch of ground. Without the overwhelming force of the A-bomb, many more Japanese and Americans would have died.

If you want to question my statement on the resolve of the Japanese military, I'll point out that it actually took two A-bombs to make them think that maybe it's not a good idea to keep the whole WWII thing going.

Posted by: DC ()
Date: May 26, 2009 11:48AM

496 Wrote:
> Good Idea: Vince Moves to N. Korea
> Better Idea: Vince Moves to N. Korea and the U.S.
> Nukes it.

Even better idea: Vince moves to N. Korea, speaks out against the government, gets put into a forced labor camp and wishes he was back in Amerika for the rest of his life.

Date: May 26, 2009 12:13PM

MrMephisto Wrote:
> ITRADE Wrote:
> -----
> > Vince(1) Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > I complimented no one..just pointed out the
> > true
> > > irony. Im sure the people who died at
> > Hiroshima
> > > didnt appreciate the fact that they were
> nuked
> > by
> > > the worlds greatest democracy.
> >
> >
> > Kinda like how certain gunners mates and
> botswains
> > mates didn't appreciate being bombed out of
> their
> > bunks on a very calm Sunday morning.
> >
> > The Japanese started that mess, and should have
> > been prepared for the consequences. It would
> have
> > come through a nuclear device or through
> > firebombings like you saw in Tokyo, Nagoya, and
> > Osaka. Shit, the A-bomb did most Japanese a
> fat,
> > fucking favor.
>
> It's a fact that the Japanese military were all
> bat-shit crazy, and would have happily made
> America fight them for every inch of ground.
> Without the overwhelming force of the A-bomb, many
> more Japanese and Americans would have died.
>
> If you want to question my statement on the
> resolve of the Japanese military, I'll point out
> that it actually took two A-bombs to make them
> think that maybe it's not a good idea to keep the
> whole WWII thing going.

Agreed, my grandfather was on a tin can off Kyushu and the Japanese were still trying to sink him as late as about August 14 when his ship had to be pulled off the line owing to a near miss which buckled about a half dozen frames just below the waterline...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/26/2009 12:15PM by ITRADE.

Date: May 26, 2009 12:35PM

ITRADE Wrote:
> You could have said the same thing about Iraq and
> its invasion of Kuwait. Perhaps we should have
> just negotiated our way and let Iraq have its
> newly acquired province....

I give Bush 41 credit for trying that approach. The U.S. did impose sanctions, etc, on Iraq in an attempt to get Iraq out of Kuwait. It didn't work and the U.S. had to resort to force. I have no problem with that.

The problem we have with North Korea is if we resort to force, the implications for South Korea, Japan and China could be horrendous. North Korea could easily over-run Seoul in a matter of days. If they do have the ability to put a nuke on a rocket, they might be able to hit Tokyo. And floods of Korean refugees swarming into China wouldn't be a good thing, either.

In the case of North Korea, we need to try diplomatic means first without succumbing to the nuclear blackmail of the past. Is force off the table? No. But it certainly should not be the first consideration.

Date: May 26, 2009 12:52PM

WashingTone Locian wrote:
"In the case of North Korea, we need to try diplomatic means first without succumbing to the nuclear blackmail of the past. Is force off the table? No. But it certainly should not be the first consideration."

Bush (W) frequently threatened Iran and NK requesting that each of them stop their nuclear programs or else...only to retreat and back-peddle at every turn. The US has in fact very little direct leveraging power over NK except for some food aid. It's only other leverage it has in negotiations against NK is via China/SKorea/Russia. China has consistently worked contra to US policy and will likely do so again.

Force against NK is not even close to an option, it is off the table I can just about guarantee that. The only way the US will attack NK is if an NK attack against us or SK is imminent...and at this point all I see is the usual saber rattling that has been going on for the past 50 years...except with a nuclear bomb test thrown in for good measure =)

Any inkling of force against NK would be extremely destablising to the region. NK is already stuck in the corner and have no real allies or friends (excepting Iran, Pakistan, a smattering of unsavoury African nations, and to a lesser extent China), they are very paranoid and any provocation could make snowball.

This is not to say I condone what NK has done, I abhor nuclear weapons. The bottom line is it is what it is. There is really nothing the US can do except grand-stand a bit and that's what will happen. It's going to be interesting though because I'm sure large elements in both Japan and SK are going to start clamoring for their own nuclear weaponary protection also.

Date: May 26, 2009 02:32PM

britdrnva Wrote:
> WashingTone Locian wrote:
> "In the case of North Korea, we need to try
> diplomatic means first without succumbing to the
> nuclear blackmail of the past. Is force off the
> table? No. But it certainly should not be the
> first consideration."
>
> Bush (W) frequently threatened Iran and NK
> requesting that each of them stop their nuclear
> programs or else...only to retreat and back-peddle
> at every turn. The US has in fact very little
> direct leveraging power over NK except for some
> food aid. It's only other leverage it has in
> negotiations against NK is via
> China/SKorea/Russia. China has consistently
> worked contra to US policy and will likely do so
> again.
>
> Force against NK is not even close to an option,
> it is off the table I can just about guarantee
> that. The only way the US will attack NK is if an
> NK attack against us or SK is imminent...and at
> this point all I see is the usual saber rattling
> that has been going on for the past 50
> years...except with a nuclear bomb test thrown in
> for good measure =)
>
> Any inkling of force against NK would be extremely
> destablising to the region. NK is already stuck
> in the corner and have no real allies or friends
> (excepting Iran, Pakistan, a smattering of
> unsavoury African nations, and to a lesser extent
> China), they are very paranoid and any provocation
> could make snowball.
>
> This is not to say I condone what NK has done, I
> abhor nuclear weapons. The bottom line is it is
> what it is. There is really nothing the US can do
> except grand-stand a bit and that's what will
> happen. It's going to be interesting though
> because I'm sure large elements in both Japan and
> SK are going to start clamoring for their own
> nuclear weaponary protection also.

+1...I just love US diplomacy....agree with us or its war!

Posted by: Slinky ()
Date: May 26, 2009 02:35PM

BRING. IT. ON.

I'm tired of these goddamn towelheads. We need action, not words and photo-ops.

Date: May 26, 2009 02:40PM

Slinky Wrote:
> BRING. IT. ON.
>
>
> I'm tired of these goddamn towelheads. We need
> action, not words and photo-ops.

Wow, please stop talking before someone thinks we're as stupid as you are.

Date: May 26, 2009 02:41PM

Vince(1) Wrote:
> +1...I just love US diplomacy....agree with us or
> its war!

It's better than the hispanic country method of diplomacy. "We'll just go ahead and be so dirt poor and useless to the world that nobody even wants our shitty country."

Date: May 26, 2009 02:58PM

Slinky Wrote:
> BRING. IT. ON.
>
>

file.php?40,file=6883

Date: May 26, 2009 03:09PM

Slinky Wrote:
> BRING. IT. ON.
>
>

78426238.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=B76A5

I think my warhead just detonated in my pants.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/26/2009 03:09PM by WashingTone Locian.

Date: May 26, 2009 03:34PM

Whats that lyrical line from the Church of Euthenasia.....

"My steel melted
and my tower's coming down"

Posted by: A Match and No Gasoline ()
Date: May 26, 2009 03:40PM

MrMephisto Wrote:
> Vince(1) Wrote:
> -----
> > +1...I just love US diplomacy....agree with us
> or
> > its war!
>
> It's better than the hispanic country method of
> diplomacy. "We'll just go ahead and be so dirt
> poor and useless to the world that nobody even
> wants our shitty country."

How is that diplomacy? That has nothing to do with diplomacy.

We'll call that an irrelevant FAIL.

Posted by: Yes Yes Yall ()
Date: May 26, 2009 03:42PM

ITRADE Wrote:
> Whats that lyrical line from the Church of
> Euthenasia.....
>
> "My steel melted
> and my tower's coming down"

Ha. Har. Hardy. Har Har.

Sorry, we're not able to start the funny wagon on that one.

Posted by: -SBS- ()
Date: May 26, 2009 06:29PM

WashingTone Locian Wrote:
>
> Imagine what kind of world we would be living in
> now if we hadn't used diplomatic means to deal
> with that crisis.

LOL! Since when is a naval blockade considered diplomatic means?

Date: May 26, 2009 07:26PM

-SBS- Wrote:
> WashingTone Locian Wrote:
> -----
> >
> > Imagine what kind of world we would be living
> in
> > now if we hadn't used diplomatic means to deal
> > with that crisis.
>
> LOL! Since when is a naval blockade considered
> diplomatic means?

Anything short of the exchange of bullets is diplomacy.

Posted by: Alias ()
Date: May 27, 2009 04:42AM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/28/2012 11:59PM by Alias.

Date: May 27, 2009 07:04AM

Alias Wrote:
> The word is out. America is once again
> preoccupied with race, affirmative action and
> blaming itself for all the world's misfortunes.
>
> The world heard Obama's attorney general call
> America a nation of cowards. The world watched
> Obama hug dictators. The world knows we are
> weakened with this buffoon as president. Obama is
> worse than Carter. Carter was an idiot.....
> Obama is philosophically lined up with those who
> want to destroy this country. He is dangerous.

You'll be amazed how well the world gets along without us as chief bully!

Date: May 27, 2009 08:50AM

Vince(1) wrote:
"You'll be amazed how well the world gets along without us as chief bully!"

You're right in a sense, the world has (at least until Bush W came into power) accepted to some degree our leadership and righteousness. But the US is beset by two unwinnable wars, an economic depression, and a public with little appetite for continued forays as the worlds' policeman.

It is in the worlds' best interest to have the US act as a leader - for example look at the Yugoslavian war in the 1990's - nothing was done from Europe til the US stepped in. The US was able to mobilise rapidly after the Tsunami hit, no other world nation acted as swiftly and courageously. Conversely, the US has also sat out when the world screamed for help (though no one had the balls to act on their own /cough France!) - namely in Rwanda - Clinton knew the problem existed but chose not to get involved. Anyway, this isn't a history lesson - my point is that it behooves the world to have the US lead the way, but unfortunately that has begun to change.

Posted by: Melissa ()
Date: May 27, 2009 09:09AM

Vince(1) Wrote:
> Alias Wrote:
> -----
> > The word is out. America is once again
> > preoccupied with race, affirmative action and
> > blaming itself for all the world's misfortunes.
>
> >
> > The world heard Obama's attorney general call
> > America a nation of cowards. The world watched
> > Obama hug dictators. The world knows we are
> > weakened with this buffoon as president. Obama
> is
> > worse than Carter. Carter was an idiot.....
> > Obama is philosophically lined up with those
> who
> > want to destroy this country. He is dangerous.
>
>
> You'll be amazed how well the world gets along
> without us as chief bully!

And you in all your glorious wisdom know this how?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Being vague is almost as fun as that other thing.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.