HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Alaskan Bush People Is Fake Says The Internet
Posted by: Alsakan Bush Fanned ()
Date: May 28, 2015 10:59PM

http://www.realitytvscandals.com/2015/02/21/alaskan-bush-people-scandal-part-2/

From The Alaskan Facebook Group Discussion Page States;

They are portraying themselves as something that they are not. They do not live in the bush – they only go there to film scenes.

They have been living in Hoonah with the Discovery crew.

Locals are building their cabin.
I
t’s about a 15 min boat ride from town..

I am an Alaskan who has spent years actually living in the bush. I am also a writer and journalist. The Browns have scammed a multitude of vulnerable people for many years and owe tens of thousands of dollars to their victims. And now they are soon to be felons. They make real Alaskans look like buffoons.

I love how they act like they are living on a remote island with no other people. There are a few small towns on the island and Juneau is like a 20-minute plane ride away from the town of Hoonah. I’m glad they found their little piece of paradise but they’re not all alone out there like they’re claiming.

There are 1200 people living on that island and about 4 small towns.

They and the Discovery crew live in a lodge in Hoonah and only go to the land to film. (Billy never owned the land)A group of locals have been hired to build their cabin and a couple are acting as bear guards.

The land is being leased by Discovery from a local family and it is about a 20 minute boat ride from town.
I live there and the family is seen in town often.

The Brown boys are seen all the time in town and they buy food, even microwavable goods, from the store. (They even asked someone to hit their cigarette, they’re the wholesome family, they can’t be seen smoking)

The land is being leased by Discovery by a local family. You can’t just move onto land in Alaska.

I knew the spot they landed looked familiar, just had to look it up on the map. I’ve been deer hunting here many times. It is Salt Lake Bay in Port Frederick, us locals called it “Salt Chuck” as the little bay is an actual salt chuck estuary. Haven’t seen enough yet to figure out where their “camp” is. This road system does NOT connect with any of the Hoonah road systems or go to any other town. All these roads in the Salt Water Bay system end up at a deep water dock where you can bring in large boats or barges, and offload vehicles to use the road system.

The area where some have been speculating there was a “house” is just an old yarder landing. There was an old Forest Service Cabin overlooking Salt Chuck but it was decommissioned a while ago and I’m not sure how usable it is any more.

Verified info from my local Hoonah sources: The crew and family have been primarily staying in Hoonah at the Icy Straits Lodge, and daily boating out to the site to film.

It is a long sometimes bumpy boat ride down there even on a speedboat, this is not just “across the bay”.

Filming is ongoing right now and projected to end for this season by late Feb. Sounds like they spend some nights out there but unsure how often.

They have a road from the dock to the property which DC is leasing from somebody local not 100% sure yet who this is.

They have generators, heaters, etc a lot of items requiring fuel and there is a night watchman that comes out from Hoonah to take care of everything during the night, fuel the generators, etc. The bear that wandered by their tent actually happened; they left cameras recording all night. The family wasn’t in there they were in town. The brother had to leave his love interest in Ketchikan for the good of the show and apparently this was hard on him.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Alaskan Bush People Is Fake Says The Internet
Posted by: eesh ()
Date: May 28, 2015 11:01PM

"Are fake" or "is fake"?

Posted by: Psssttt... ()
Date: May 28, 2015 11:06PM

Spoiler alert:

It's a TV show. None of the rest of them are real either.

Posted by: Santa isn't real, either ()
Date: May 28, 2015 11:08PM

Sorry.

Posted by: WTFEer? ()
Date: May 28, 2015 11:11PM

Santa isn't real, either Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sorry.

STFU, Santa is real. Now I'm crying!

Posted by: jenny frm Block ()
Date: June 27, 2015 09:34AM

Thanks! I've been very curious about where exactly they were filming and what cove to get there etc. I eventually guessed Salt Lake Bay based on show comments and googled it and found this! I'm guessing filming is over? Are they still there or splitsville?

Posted by: Is Fake ()
Date: June 27, 2015 09:55AM

eesh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "Are fake" or "is fake"?

Is fake, you moron. Alaskan Bush People is a tv show. Aren't you late for your Obama meeting?

Posted by: Gerrymanderer2 ()
Date: June 27, 2015 09:56AM

^^ lol!

Posted by: FJ Morgan ()
Date: August 06, 2015 10:48AM

Grammar Police... nothing better to do?

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.