HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Has anyone here lived in Colorado?
Posted by: JpyXU ()
Date: May 28, 2015 06:42PM

What is like living there compared to Northern VA?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Has anyone here lived in Colorado?
Posted by: Rider up ()
Date: May 28, 2015 06:58PM

Depends on where in CO to some extent but generally speaking they're completely different.

If you like doing outdoors stuff then you'd probably like it.

If you're a typical NoVA lardass who doesn't like to get their shoes dirty and never goes anywhere there's not a roof over their head, AC, and sidewalks, then you probably not.

Posted by: John Denver ()
Date: May 28, 2015 07:54PM

JpyXU Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What is like living there compared to Northern VA?

In Colorado you can buy weed and get Rocky Mountain High - legally. Here in VA if you do that shit you get busted, sent to jail, and your life is pretty much ruined.

The skiing in Colorado is beyond fantastic and there are lots of choices. To go skiing here in Fairfax you only have the Mt. Fairfax and Mt. Lorton landfill skiing facilities and they don't even have chair lifts - if it snows.

The scenery is absolutely beautiful in Colorado, what with the huge snow capped mountains and sweeping landscape vistas. Here in Northern Virginia if you want a similar experience you have to go to Potomac Mills or the Safeway parking lot in Burke.

I have to admit that going to the movies in Aurora can be a little sketchy. Kinda like going to the movies in Reston. Good news is the shooters in Colorado are white and they're actually pretty good marksmen so you probably won't spend years in a coma on life support like you would at INOVA.

In Colorado the fly fishing for is fantastic. Here in NOVA, if you want to catch trout you have to go to Lake Accotink and use marshmallows and corn on a Zebco with a bobber - before the fish go belly up and die from the heat in the summer.

In Colorado the big game hunting is world class - elk, deer, bear, you name it. In Virginia you can get many of the same animals but using a car seems a little unsportsmanlike even though the meat is already tenderized.

In Colorado, if you knock up your girlfriend you can get her an abortion easy peasy. $500 and you're in and out in a jiffy. Here in Virginia, they want her to go through a forced transvaginal ultrasound and look at pictures of all the GOP Congressmen she will disappoint before she goes through with it.

Posted by: Donkey Dong ()
Date: May 28, 2015 08:33PM

The girls in CO are ugly, just like NOVA!

Posted by: Au Contraire ()
Date: May 28, 2015 08:51PM

Plenty of hot women in Colorado - especially during peak Ski Season.
Hot talent from all over the globe.

Snow bunnies in Colorado are actual snow bunnies.

Snow bunnies from NOVA are usually coke/crack whore strippers with STD's.

Posted by: ...... ()
Date: May 28, 2015 09:01PM

I was in Boulder at CU which is not like the rest of the state...rich trustafarian kids...pretension...turning being green/carbon footprint into a holier than thou while driving an audi s8....hot Hot girls...even cuntier than here tho...evone loves the snow...dirty ass and already cut up by the time its in quarter blocks...gross...but the ladies love it

Apparently the rest of the state is much more reserved polite laid back....

Posted by: johnnydenver ()
Date: May 28, 2015 09:50PM

I'd live in Denver/ColoSpgs/Boulder. I lived there for about ten years. After moving away I got to travel there for work and missed it.

Like any place - it has good and bad, rich neighborhoods and shitholes. I'd go back if my job supported it.

Posted by: ...... ()
Date: May 28, 2015 10:14PM

Wont lie...i miss it too

Posted by: dumbass libturdz ()
Date: May 28, 2015 10:19PM

It was much better in the 90's before over run by communist libs. I still own 2 homes in Colorado Springs but am trying to sell them due to the democrat depression.

Posted by: lakewood ()
Date: May 28, 2015 10:41PM

a lot of similar burbs around Denver like here. suburban sprawl. that's where the people live and work. alot closer to outdoor stuff, much closer than driving to the shenandoahs. more beautiful too. big difference is their climate is alot different than here. A lot drier in the summer. and the weather changes are unpredictable. you can get 8 inches of snow during the night in April or September and the next day it's suddenly 75 degrees and clear. or 90 degrees for a whole week in July then ten days of dreary 50 degree weather. mountains and high altitude really affect the weather.

Posted by: Yucky24. ()
Date: May 29, 2015 12:13AM

Utah/Idaho > Colorado. Colorado has been invaded by 3rd world spics and degenerate White communists.

Posted by: abelard ()
Date: May 29, 2015 02:22AM

Colorado also gets real winter, hard cold nights but tolerable as the humidity is much lower. It's sunny a lot even in winter, which produces the weird phenomena of sublimating snow where it not so much melts as evaporates. Once they plow the road, a sunny day is usually enough to leave them perfectly clear and bone dry.

Gets hot in summer but it's more tolerable, plus you can always head into the mountains (expect about a 4 degree drop per 1000 feet of altitude gain). Fewer trees, not as lushly green, but pretty in a high-desert way.

For some reason mega-churches do well there. Food's okay.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.