HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Amazon Fire TV
Posted by: FX Nerd ()
Date: May 27, 2015 09:39PM

Just bought Amazon Fire TV and love it. Easy set up with wi fi and tons of free apps to watch including HBO and Showtime. Has one app called Frequency which is free and has all kinds of sports,news etc. Youtube is pretty cool on your big screen also.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Amazon Fire TV
Posted by: But ()
Date: May 27, 2015 09:41PM

How much?

Hillary Can Be BOUGHT & SOLD by Wall St., Foreign Donors- Would Electing Someone Who is Already a Billionaire (like Donald Trump)
Posted by: WingNut ()
Date: May 27, 2015 09:43PM

Is it $99 one time or do you have to subscribe to shit too?

I don't like to pay for anything, that is for jerks!

idontlikebeingrightaboutshitlikethisbutiam

Edited 21 time(s). Last edit at 5/31/1967 05:57AM by WingNut.

Last edit at 11/30/2015 01:37PM Last edit at 5/14/2015 03:52PM Last edit at 1/28/2014 05:57AM Last edit at 11/29/2015 01:10PM Last edit at 3/14/2011 11:52PM Last edit at 7/20/2012 04:07AM
Last edit at 6/29/2013 11:18PM Last edit at 3/19/2011 01:02PM Last edit at 3/26/2012 09:07PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/13/2015 12:39PM by WingNut.

Date: May 27, 2015 10:02PM

It is $99.00 one time fee. You do have to connect the HDMI cable from the Fire box to your HD TV. These cables are about 15 to 20 bucks if you dont already have one. I am thinking about getting sling TV which is live TV for $20.00 a month. I would still do basic cable but my bill would go down $50.00 a month.

This little box is news lovers dream. You can get all news channels there are. Not live but same day. There are so many free apps I have not even seen them all. I would highly reccomend this to everybody.

Date: May 27, 2015 10:08PM

Another feature is the Amazon Cloud Drive free app. Download it and you film stuff on your smart phone and from your photo gallery send them to cloud drive and watch it instantly on your big screen. Awesome app.

Posted by: giddyup ()
Date: May 27, 2015 10:26PM

I have Amazon Prime, but won't renew it. The selection of Prime movies that are relatively new is terrible. They also drop TV series without any warning and then want you to pay $2.99 per episode so you can watching all the seasons.

Posted by: stu ()
Date: May 27, 2015 10:37PM

You need to set up Amazon account online to get started. This is free. Then buy the Fire TV and follow the set up instructions and WI FI connection. Nice device with all kinds of sports,news, and anything your mind direct you. It has microphone on remote which is cool. Hold the button and speak into the mic. Just say anything and it will appear. I love watching youtube on the big screen. Liveleak is now on youtube which is cool.

Posted by: ps4 ()
Date: May 27, 2015 11:24PM

sounds like too much for a hassle

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.