HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
If I go to a bakery...
Posted by: Sheikh Shack ()
Date: April 27, 2015 08:40PM

and it's owned by Jews can I force them to bake this cake for me? And if they don't can I sue because of human rights violations?

2009_04_20_hitler_cake.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: If I go to a bakery...
Posted by: You're a racist ()
Date: April 27, 2015 08:45PM

You're a racist

Posted by: Hindu symbol, dumbfuq ()
Date: April 27, 2015 08:47PM

and yes, a baker should be able to say "go fuck yourself"

Here, have a riot, LibFucKtaRd

Posted by: Duncan Hines ()
Date: April 27, 2015 08:59PM

But not if I ask him for this cake?

gaywedding.jpg?w=500

Posted by: Here, suck on a brick, ()
Date: April 27, 2015 09:04PM

democrat LibTurD.

Posted by: Dipshit ()
Date: April 27, 2015 09:04PM

No, because monumental assholes are not a protected class.

Posted by: U mad bro? ()
Date: April 27, 2015 09:05PM

Attachments:
umad-small-boy-car.gif

Posted by: PP6bc ()
Date: April 27, 2015 09:29PM

If you wanted an American flag on the cake, they could deny you. A swastika, yeah that's protected free speech.

Posted by: kehrfgg ()
Date: April 27, 2015 09:35PM

According to butt pirates, you have to do whatever anyone tells you to do despite whatever level of offense it creates.

I say create the cake and charge them triple for the additional creative effort. If someone is going to intentionally have you do something against your beliefs, you may as well make lots of money doing it.

Posted by: cG9Nd ()
Date: April 28, 2015 09:05PM

Sheikh Shack Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> and it's owned by Jews can I force them to bake
> this cake for me? And if they don't can I sue
> because of human rights violations?
>
> src="http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_1H-ny1S9pRs/TA2RcvH
> FJEI/AAAAAAAAAmU/zyeC64P9uRk/s1600/2009_04_20_hitl
> er_cake.jpg">

think so

Posted by: You dig? ()
Date: April 29, 2015 10:13AM

Sheikh Shack Wrote:
> If I go to a bakery...and it's owned by Jews
> can I force them to bake this cake for me?
> And if they don't can I sue because of human
> rights violations?

Ummm… No (but you know that already, don’t you?).

The reason why it’s not okay for a bakery that sells wedding cakes to refuse to sell a wedding cake to a gay couple is that the baker's motivation for denying service is discriminatory. The anti-gay baker doesn’t have to attend the wedding or participate in the wedding in any way other than baking a cake as s/he’s done thousands of times before.

The situation would be similarly discriminatory if the baker refused to sell a cake to an interracial couple or a couple of a different religion or from a different culture.

You dig?

Posted by: pillsbury doughboy ()
Date: April 29, 2015 10:22AM

Is there a shortage of gay bakers?

Posted by: Have Some Cake ()
Date: April 29, 2015 10:44AM

You dig? Wrote:
> Sheikh Shack Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > If I go to a bakery...and it's owned by Jews
> > can I force them to bake this cake for me?
> > And if they don't can I sue because of human
> > rights violations?
>
> Ummm… No (but you know that already, don’t
> you?).
>
> The reason why it’s not okay for a bakery that
> sells wedding cakes to refuse to sell a wedding
> cake to a gay couple is that the baker's
> motivation for denying service is discriminatory.
> The anti-gay baker doesn’t have to attend the
> wedding or participate in the wedding in any way
> other than baking a cake as s/he’s done
> thousands of times before.
>
> The situation would be similarly discriminatory if
> the baker refused to sell a cake to an interracial
> couple or a couple of a different religion or from
> a different culture.
>
> You dig?

NO I don't DIG. It's not the same. Religious freedom is a valid reason not to support Gay weddings or be any part of it. We Christians are not going to bow down to the abomination of homosexuality ... and there's nothing that can force us to.

Posted by: M6Xtt ()
Date: April 29, 2015 11:05AM

Sheikh Shack Wrote:
>
> src="http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_1H-ny1S9pRs/TA2RcvH
> FJEI/AAAAAAAAAmU/zyeC64P9uRk/s1600/2009_04_20_hitl
> er_cake.jpg">
Attachments:
faggy.png

Date: April 29, 2015 11:14AM

Have Some Cake Wrote:
> Religious freedom is a valid reason not to
> support Gay weddings or be any part of it.

No one is asking you to "support Gay weddings or be any part of it". You're simply being asked to do your job, to perform the same service for same-sex couples that you do for your other customers. How does baking a cake for people with whom you disagree infringe on your 'religious liberty'?

> We Christians are not going to bow down to
> the abomination of homosexuality ... and
> there's nothing that can force us to.

Sure we can! Stay tuned...

You dig?

Posted by: LocalCakeMaker ()
Date: April 29, 2015 12:25PM

You dig? Wrote:
> Have Some Cake Wrote:
> -----
> > Religious freedom is a valid reason not to
> > support Gay weddings or be any part of it.
>
> No one is asking you to "support Gay weddings or
> be any part of it". You're simply being asked to
> do your job, to perform the same service for
> same-sex couples that you do for your other
> customers. How does baking a cake for people with
> whom you disagree infringe on your 'religious
> liberty'?
>
> > We Christians are not going to bow down to
> > the abomination of homosexuality ... and
> > there's nothing that can force us to.
>
> Sure we can! Stay tuned...
>
> You dig?

Not supporting Gay marriage has everything to do with why I don't bake cakes for same sex marriage and it is my right to refuse to write on the cake. I can bake a cake and let someone else fill in the lettering. I am not a slave to ideals which oppose my religious conviction. Neither can others force me to do something which I consider to be a sin ... They can send death threats and if they carry it out, then I will tell you this: "Fear not that which can destroy the body, but the one who can detroy your soul."

Posted by: CakeEater ()
Date: April 29, 2015 12:29PM

Can a baker be forced to make a cake which looks like this?
Attachments:
RatedXCakes.jpg

Date: April 29, 2015 12:41PM

LocalCakeMaker Wrote:
> Not supporting Gay marriage has everything to do
> with why I don't bake cakes for same sex marriage
> and it is my right to refuse to write on the cake.
> I can bake a cake and let someone else fill in
> the lettering.

Do you think that you’d be asked to write; “I love the way Paul sucks my dick”, signed “Always, Larry”?

You would refuse to write any of the following phrases on a cake because the wedding is of a same-sex couple?

“A sweet start to your life together”
“A shower of good wishes”
“There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved”
“Today, tomorrow and forever”
“Happiness today and always”
“Love is grand”
“Here’s to a sweet life together”
“Peace, love and happiness are yours”
“Cheers to the Happy Couple”
“Live, laugh, love”
“Our Happy Wedding

> Neither can others force me to do something
> which I consider to be a sin

You consider writing well-wishes on a cake whose buyer happen to be a same-sex couple to be a sin?

I don’t recall that being defined as sin in the Bible. What religion do you practice?

You dig?

Posted by: GodHatesSinButLovesAllPeople ()
Date: April 29, 2015 02:46PM

Partaking in sins of others

I Tim. 5:22
Do not be hasty in the laying on of hands, and do not share in the sins of others. Keep yourself pure.

Ephesians 5:11-12
Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them. It is shameful even to mention what the disobedient do in secret.

Who will not have eternal life: people with the following lifestyles.

1 Cor. 6:9-10, "Or do you not know that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, 10 nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, shall inherit the kingdom of God."

God Condemns those who approve of or support Homosexuality

Unlike other sins, homosexuality has a heavy judgment administered by God Himself upon those who commit it and support it. This judgment is that those who practice it are given over to their passions and believe its lie, which means that their hearts are allowed to be hardened by their sins.

"For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, 27 and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error," (Romans 1:26-27).

As a result, they can no longer see the error of what they are doing, will not seek forgiveness, and will not repent. They will die in their sins and face God's righteous condemnation.
But their rebellion against God does not stop there. Those thus judged also promote it and condemn others who don't approve of their behavior.
"...and, although they know the ordinance of God, that those who practice such things are worthy of death, they not only do the same, but also give hearty approval to those who practice them," (Rom. 1:32).

So, in their "hearty approval" of homosexuality, they encourage others to accept their practice; and thus their sin spreads. In this, they will reject the ways of God and stand in opposition to Christ's redemptive work on the cross. Without Jesus, they will have no forgiveness. Without forgiveness, they will have no salvation. Without salvation, there is only damnation in eternal Hell. We don't want this for anyone.

Example of Homosexuality in the Bible

Genesis 19
The two angels arrived at Sodom in the evening, and Lot was sitting in the gateway of the city. When he saw them, he got up to meet them and bowed down with his face to the ground. 2 “My lords,” he said, “please turn aside to your servant’s house. You can wash your feet and spend the night and then go on your way early in the morning.”
“No,” they answered, “we will spend the night in the square.”
3 But he insisted so strongly that they did go with him and entered his house. He prepared a meal for them, baking bread without yeast, and they ate. 4 Before they had gone to bed, all the men from every part of the city of Sodom—both young and old—surrounded the house. 5 They called to Lot, “Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us so that we can have sex with them.”
6 Lot went outside to meet them and shut the door behind him 7 and said, “No, my friends. Don’t do this wicked thing. 8 Look, I have two daughters who have never slept with a man. Let me bring them out to you, and you can do what you like with them. But don’t do anything to these men, for they have come under the protection of my roof.”
9 “Get out of our way,” they replied. “This fellow came here as a foreigner, and now he wants to play the judge! We’ll treat you worse than them.” They kept bringing pressure on Lot and moved forward to break down the door.
10 But the men inside reached out and pulled Lot back into the house and shut the door. 11 Then they struck the men who were at the door of the house, young and old, with blindness so that they could not find the door.
12 The two men said to Lot, “Do you have anyone else here—sons-in-law, sons or daughters, or anyone else in the city who belongs to you? Get them out of here, 13 because we are going to destroy this place. The outcry to the Lord against its people is so great that he has sent us to destroy it.”

Sodom and Gomorrah, Cities, that were destroyed by God, b/c of sexual perversion, including Homosexuality

II Peter 2: 4-10
4 For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but sent them to hell,[a] putting them in chains of darkness to be held for judgment; 5 if he did not spare the ancient world when he brought the flood on its ungodly people, but protected Noah, a preacher of righteousness, and seven others; 6 if he condemned the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah by burning them to ashes, and made them an example of what is going to happen to the ungodly; 7 and if he rescued Lot, a righteous man, who was distressed by the depraved conduct of the lawless 8 (for that righteous man, living among them day after day, was tormented in his righteous soul by the lawless deeds he saw and heard)— 9 if this is so, then the Lord knows how to rescue the godly from trials and to hold the unrighteous for punishment on the day of judgment. 10 This is especially true of those who follow the corrupt desire of the flesh[c] and despise authority.

Jude 1:7
In a similar way, Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding towns gave themselves up to sexual immorality and perversion. They serve as an example of those who suffer the punishment of eternal fire.

God’s Plan for His Creation .. His Example: In God’s eyes True Marriage is between a Man and a Woman

Genesis 1:27-28 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them. And God blessed them. And God said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth and subdue it and have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over every living thing that moves on the earth.”

Genesis 2:21-25 So the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon the man, and while he slept took one of his ribs and closed up its place with flesh. And the rib that the LORD God had taken from the man he made into a woman and brought her to the man. Then the man said, “This at last is bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.” Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh. And the man and his wife were both naked and were not ashamed.

Malachi 2:14,15 But you say, “Why does he not?” Because the LORD was witness between you and the wife of your youth, to whom you have been faithless, though she is your companion and your wife by covenant.

1 Corinthians 7:2 But because of the temptation to sexual immorality, each man should have his own wife and each woman her own husband.

Hebrews 13:4 Let marriage be held in honor among all, and let the marriage bed be undefiled, for God will judge the sexually immoral and adulterous.

God Calls Homosexuality an Abomination
Leviticus 18:22
“‘Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable.

Leviticus 20:16
“‘If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.

God says Cross-Dressing is abominable to Him

Deut. 22:5
A woman must not wear men’s clothing, nor a man wear women’s clothing, for the Lord your God detests anyone who does this.

Please understand that I don't hate homosexuals. I wouldn't care if my neighbor is gay. I've had homosexual friends and have loved them the same as I would anyone else. I was their friend, yet they knew I did not approve of their behavior. But, the Bible says homosexuality is a sin, and the solution to the problem of sin (the breaking of God's Law, 1 John 3:4) is found only in Jesus. He is the Lord, the Savior, the risen King. Jesus is God in flesh (John 1:1, 14), and He died to save sinners from God the Father's righteous judgment. We are all sinners, and we all need salvation (Eph. 2:8-9) that is only found in receiving Christ (John 1:12-13).
We Christians should pray for the salvation of the homosexual the same as we would for anyone else. This is not an issue of arrogance or judgmentalism. We don't want anyone to be lost due to their sin and that includes gays, lesbians, and transgenders.
The homosexual is still made in the image of God, even though he (or she) is in rebellion against Him. Therefore, we Christians should show homosexuals the same dignity as anyone else with whom we come in contact. Don't injure them. Don't hate them. Don't judge them. Inform them that freedom and forgiveness are found in Jesus. Let them know that God loves us and died for us so that we might be delivered from the consequences of our sin - which is eternal separation from God (Isaiah 59:2).
But, this does not mean that we are to approve of what they do.
All people are sinners, but there is hope through Jesus for forgiveness and remission of sins and for eternal life.

Posted by: So tell me ()
Date: April 29, 2015 02:59PM

GodHatesSinButLovesAllPeople Wrote:
> We Christians should pray for the salvation of the
> homosexual the same as we would for anyone else.
> This is not an issue of arrogance or
> judgmentalism. We don't want anyone to be lost due
> to their sin and that includes gays, lesbians, and
> transgenders.
> The homosexual is still made in the image of God,
> even though he (or she) is in rebellion against
> Him. Therefore, we Christians should show
> homosexuals the same dignity as anyone else with
> whom we come in contact. Don't injure them.
> Don't hate them. Don't judge them. Inform them
> that freedom and forgiveness are found in Jesus.
> Let them know that God loves us and died for us so
> that we might be delivered from the consequences
> of our sin - which is eternal separation from God
> (Isaiah 59:2).
> But, this does not mean that we are to approve of
> what they do.
> All people are sinners, but there is hope through
> Jesus for forgiveness and remission of sins and
> for eternal life.

By your words I know that you are truly a Christian.

So tell me: Would baking a wedding cake for a same-sex couple violate your religious beliefs?

Posted by: hmmmm ()
Date: April 29, 2015 02:59PM

Wondering if, as a straight male and I was getting married, could I be required to order a cake from a gay baker who insisted on putting an image of 2 guys holding hands on the cake?

Posted by: Let's think this through ()
Date: April 29, 2015 03:11PM

hmmmm Wrote:
> Wondering if, as a straight male and I was getting
> married, could I be required to order a cake from
> a gay baker who insisted on putting an image of 2
> guys holding hands on the cake?

Let's think this through.

Whom would require you to order a cake from a gay baker?

Why would you be required to order a cake from a gay baker?

How would you identify a gay baker?

And the gay baker; "...insisted on putting an image of 2 guys holding hands on the cake?"

Dude, how strong is that weed you're smokin'?

Food for thought.

Posted by: hmmmm ()
Date: April 29, 2015 03:39PM

Let's think this through Wrote:
> hmmmm Wrote:
> -----
> > Wondering if, as a straight male and I was
> getting
> > married, could I be required to order a cake
> from
> > a gay baker who insisted on putting an image of
> 2
> > guys holding hands on the cake?
>
> Let's think this through.
>
> Whom would require you to order a cake from a gay
> baker?
>
> Why would you be required to order a cake from a
> gay baker?
>
> How would you identify a gay baker?
>
> And the gay baker; "...insisted on putting an
> image of 2 guys holding hands on the cake?"
>
> Dude, how strong is that weed you're smokin'?
>
> Food for thought.

Whom would require....The same good folks that require a straight baker to provide a wedding cake to a gay couple

Why would you be required....For the same reason a straight baker would be required to provide such a cake

How would you identify....The gay baker would be self identified by insisting on providing a cake depicting a gay couple

Dude,... no weed here

Posted by: ShakinDownChristians ()
Date: April 29, 2015 04:12PM

The GLBT community should know there are other Christian establishments, to visit and shake down for money. These set-ups under the current Gay conditions are simply endless. Before they know it, they will own the world and force anyone who disagrees with them into prision, where they will quickly be introduced to homosexual sex!! The possiblities are endless! Go for it! If you're lucky you'll be awarded someone elses money for your "hurt" feelings.
Attachments:
ButcherBakerCableStickMaker.jpg

Posted by: jjkJU ()
Date: April 29, 2015 04:15PM

So tell me Wrote:
> GodHatesSinButLovesAllPeople Wrote:
> -----
> > We Christians should pray for the salvation of
> the
> > homosexual the same as we would for anyone else.
>
> > This is not an issue of arrogance or
> > judgmentalism. We don't want anyone to be lost
> due
> > to their sin and that includes gays, lesbians,
> and
> > transgenders.
> > The homosexual is still made in the image of
> God,
> > even though he (or she) is in rebellion against
> > Him. Therefore, we Christians should show
> > homosexuals the same dignity as anyone else
> with
> > whom we come in contact. Don't injure them.
> > Don't hate them. Don't judge them. Inform
> them
> > that freedom and forgiveness are found in Jesus.
>
> > Let them know that God loves us and died for us
> so
> > that we might be delivered from the
> consequences
> > of our sin - which is eternal separation from
> God
> > (Isaiah 59:2).
> > But, this does not mean that we are to approve
> of
> > what they do.
> > All people are sinners, but there is hope
> through
> > Jesus for forgiveness and remission of sins and
> > for eternal life.
>
> By your words I know that you are truly a
> Christian.
>
> So tell me: Would baking a wedding cake for a
> same-sex couple violate your religious beliefs?
Please read the scriptures above. If they make no sense to you in the context of religious freedom of choice and expression, then I guess you can no longer be helped. .. You can always ask God to help you understand. :)

Posted by: WhatWe'veBecome ()
Date: April 29, 2015 04:26PM

So says the courts and the GLBT community to Christian-owned businesses:
Attachments:
religious-liberty.jpg

Posted by: Not right ()
Date: April 29, 2015 04:30PM

Doesn't every business owner have the right to refuse service? I'm not sure how those gay people won that lawsuit and ended up getting that business shut down..

Date: April 29, 2015 04:38PM

jjkJU Wrote:
> > So tell me: Would baking a wedding cake for a
> > same-sex couple violate your religious beliefs?
> >
> Please read the scriptures above. If they make no
> sense to you in the context of religious freedom
> of choice and expression, then I guess you can no
> longer be helped. .. You can always ask God to
> help you understand. :)

I wasn't asking you, so fuck off.

Posted by: yM3wK ()
Date: April 29, 2015 04:39PM

Not right Wrote:
> Doesn't every business owner have the right to
> refuse service? I'm not sure how those gay people
> won that lawsuit and ended up getting that
> business shut down..

Because the courts are being bought and sold by THAT community who hates God.

Posted by: ybkdd ()
Date: April 29, 2015 04:40PM

So tell me Wrote:
> jjkJU Wrote:
> -----
> > > So tell me: Would baking a wedding cake for a
> > > same-sex couple violate your religious
> beliefs?
> > >
> > Please read the scriptures above. If they make
> no
> > sense to you in the context of religious
> freedom
> > of choice and expression, then I guess you can
> no
> > longer be helped. .. You can always ask God to
> > help you understand. :)
>
> I wasn't asking you, so fuck off.

People are so brave when they're not in plain view. :)

Date: April 29, 2015 04:56PM

hmmmm Wrote:
> Whom would require....The same good folks that
> require a straight baker to provide a wedding cake
> to a gay couple
>
> Why would you be required....For the same reason a
> straight baker would be required to provide such a
> cake
>
> How would you identify....The gay baker would be
> self identified by insisting on providing a cake
> depicting a gay couple
>
> Dude,... no weed here

I see...

You have this all backwards. The issue regarding same-sex marriage is one of discrimination.

The reason why it’s not okay for a bakery that sells wedding cakes to refuse to sell a wedding cake to a gay couple is that the baker's motivation for denying service is discriminatory. The anti-gay baker doesn’t have to attend the wedding or participate in the wedding in any way other than baking a cake as s/he’s done thousands of times before.

The situation would be similarly discriminatory if the baker refused to sell a cake to an interracial couple or a couple of a different religion or from a different culture.

I am not aware of a situation where couples are being forcedd to use particular bakers for their wedding cakes.

You dig?

Date: April 29, 2015 04:58PM

ybkdd Wrote:
> People are so brave when they're not in plain
> view. :)

Yes. We all are. :-)

Date: April 29, 2015 05:04PM

Not right Wrote:
> Doesn't every business owner have the right to
> refuse service?

Business owners can refuse service to individual customers for what they do (rude, disruptive, threatening, improper dress, etc.).

Business owners cannot refuse service to individual customers for who they are (race, religion, creed, national origin, etc.).

You dig?

Date: April 29, 2015 05:09PM

Did they tell the gay couple they would not serve them because they are gay?

Date: April 29, 2015 05:10PM

Not right Wrote:
> Did they tell the gay couple they would not serve
> them because they are gay?

Of course!

They were proud of it!

You dig?

Date: April 29, 2015 05:15PM

Then I guess they did themselves in. Good shit! I think they are back in business again though after other homophobes raised a ton of money for them to reopen and pay off the gay couple in the lost lawsuit.

Date: April 29, 2015 05:18PM

Not right Wrote:
> Then I guess they did themselves in. Good shit! I
> think they are back in business again though after
> other homophobes raised a ton of money for them to
> reopen and pay off the gay couple in the lost
> lawsuit.

I think that you are correct.

Maybe next time a gay couple wants to buy a wedding cake from them, they'll have the good sense to lie like all the other bigots do.

You dig?

Posted by: nD4cD ()
Date: April 29, 2015 05:38PM

Sorry. It is a matter of protected rights under freedom of religion, 1st amendment ... saying no to being an active participant in preparation for a ceremony, a planned event, which is against one's religious convictions, is not a problem

Refusing to serve them as a customer regarding normal every day business can be discrimination.

2 different scenarios.

One is a planned event.
The other is normal business.

Posted by: yC9d6 ()
Date: April 29, 2015 06:34PM

jjkJU Wrote:
> So tell me Wrote:
> -----
> > GodHatesSinButLovesAllPeople Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > We Christians should pray for the salvation
> of
> > the
> > > homosexual the same as we would for anyone
> else.
> >
> > > This is not an issue of arrogance or
> > > judgmentalism. We don't want anyone to be
> lost
> > due
> > > to their sin and that includes gays,
> lesbians,
> > and
> > > transgenders.
> > > The homosexual is still made in the image of
> > God,
> > > even though he (or she) is in rebellion
> against
> > > Him. Therefore, we Christians should show
> > > homosexuals the same dignity as anyone else
> > with
> > > whom we come in contact. Don't injure them.
> > > Don't hate them. Don't judge them. Inform
> > them
> > > that freedom and forgiveness are found in
> Jesus.
> >
> > > Let them know that God loves us and died for
> us
> > so
> > > that we might be delivered from the
> > consequences
> > > of our sin - which is eternal separation from
> > God
> > > (Isaiah 59:2).
> > > But, this does not mean that we are to
> approve
> > of
> > > what they do.
> > > All people are sinners, but there is hope
> > through
> > > Jesus for forgiveness and remission of sins
> and
> > > for eternal life.
> >
> > By your words I know that you are truly a
> > Christian.
> >
> > So tell me: Would baking a wedding cake for a
> > same-sex couple violate your religious beliefs?
> Please read the scriptures above. If they make no
> sense to you in the context of religious freedom
> of choice and expression, then I guess you can no
> longer be helped. .. You can always ask God to
> help you understand. :)

We are all sinners. Why are you picking on that particular sin to discriminate?

Posted by: MLvex ()
Date: April 29, 2015 06:40PM

Bake the cake for the homos. Spit and piss in the batter if they force you to bake it. Tell them as they lay on the death beds dying from AIDS.

Posted by: jEhux ()
Date: April 29, 2015 06:44PM

The poster above did a pretty good job of outlining what the Bible warns about sin and the distinguishment between sin .. and unnatural sin or abominations.

But you are correct, we are all sinners and anyone can come to salvation, however God does not tolerate his children to live a "lifestyle" of sin. He loves, everyone, but loves those who have cried out to him, too much to allow them to continue on in destructive lifstyles.

A man who sleeps around on his wife also lives a destructive lifestyle .. destructive to himself, his marriage, the mistress's marriage, if she's married, to his children, if he has them ...
The thing to realize is that most Christians don't hate gay people, but they care too much, to just go along and tell them the lie, that living that way is OK ... because God has so much more to offer them, than the simple pleasures that lifestyle offers ... (desturctive life style)

God loves the sinner, but hates the sin.

Posted by: VHPNW ()
Date: April 29, 2015 07:53PM

go ahead and have a bacon baegal i'm done trying to talk sense into ya
Attachments:
img.jpeg

Posted by: FnnWc ()
Date: April 29, 2015 08:19PM

Don't eat pork

Posted by: CFpTN ()
Date: April 29, 2015 08:21PM

Your telling me a cake with dueling penises isn't going to piss off Jesus? Do you even read the bible?

Posted by: Nazi Baking ()
Date: April 29, 2015 10:27PM

Sheikh Shack Wrote:
>

If the ordering couple was gay, then yes, the bakers could deny them equal rights and refuse to serve them.

If it was a straight couple ordering that cake, then no, the bakers would be obligated to paint frosting swasitkas.

Posted by: But what about the cake, Man? ()
Date: April 29, 2015 10:37PM

jEhux Wrote:
> The poster above did a pretty good job of
> outlining what the Bible warns about sin and the
> distinguishment between sin .. and unnatural sin
> or abominations.
>
> But you are correct, we are all sinners and anyone
> can come to salvation, however God does not
> tolerate his children to live a "lifestyle" of
> sin. He loves, everyone, but loves those who have
> cried out to him, too much to allow them to
> continue on in destructive lifstyles.
>
> A man who sleeps around on his wife also lives a
> destructive lifestyle .. destructive to himself,
> his marriage, the mistress's marriage, if she's
> married, to his children, if he has them ...
> The thing to realize is that most Christians don't
> hate gay people, but they care too much, to just
> go along and tell them the lie, that living that
> way is OK ... because God has so much more to
> offer them, than the simple pleasures that
> lifestyle offers ... (desturctive life style)
>
> God loves the sinner, but hates the sin.

But what about the cake, Man?

Is baking a cake for the homos' wedding a sin, or is it participating in their sin?

Love the sinner, hate the sin. Got it.

What's God's position on the cake?

Peace.

Posted by: Is the cake gay? ()
Date: April 29, 2015 10:41PM

nD4cD Wrote:
> Sorry. It is a matter of protected rights under
> freedom of religion, 1st amendment ... saying no
> to being an active participant in preparation for
> a ceremony, a planned event, which is against
> one's religious convictions, is not a problem
>
> Refusing to serve them as a customer regarding
> normal every day business can be discrimination.
>
> 2 different scenarios.
>
> One is a planned event.
> The other is normal business.

Dude, it's a cake.

Is the cake gay?

The baker doesn't even have to eat the cake.

I don't understand how baking a cake is against anyone's religion.

Posted by: GOPTURD headroll ()
Date: April 29, 2015 10:50PM

If I was a gay guy getting married and called a cake shop to request that they write "Kill Niggers" in white icing on my wedding cake, would they be forced to do that?

Posted by: dirty fucking digger ()
Date: April 29, 2015 11:44PM

You dig? Wrote:
> Not right Wrote:
> -----
> > Doesn't every business owner have the right to
> > refuse service?
>
> Business owners can refuse service to individual
> customers for what they do (rude, disruptive,
> threatening, improper dress, etc.).
>
> Business owners cannot refuse service to
> individual customers for who they are (race,
> religion, creed, national origin, etc.).
>
> You dig?

They are not refusing service -- the service which they provide is to create Christian cakes featuring a male groom and a female bride, and other specific features. If a gay couple wants that particular service, the bakers are happy to produce it for them and don't care whether the customer is gay or straight.

The photographers are similarly skilled at creating photographs of male and female bride and groom; also, the photographers are arguably participating in the wedding. You can't demand that an artist produce a work of art they don't want to produce; again, it doesn't matter who is gay or not.

Date: May 01, 2015 04:31PM

dirty fucking digger Wrote:
> They are not refusing service -- the service which
> they provide is to create Christian cakes
> featuring a male groom and a female bride, and
> other specific features.

Christian cakes? Cakes are made of flour, sugar, shortening, baking powder, milk, eggs, and salt. Cakes don't have a religion.

Food for thought.

You dig?

Posted by: JUDGE SMALES ()
Date: May 01, 2015 08:24PM

Nope. I got a college education so I don't have to be a ditch digger like you.

Date: May 02, 2015 10:06AM

JUDGE SMALES Wrote:
> Nope. I got a college education so I don't have to
> be a ditch digger like you.

So you're a snobbish, bigoted douche?

Good to know.

PS - It's 'Smails', by the way.

You dig?

Posted by: not religious but.... ()
Date: May 02, 2015 12:56PM

It's pretty disturbing how right wing bigots have resorted to hiding themselves behind Christianity and the church. I have plenty of good christian people in my family(no, they're not "rednecks") and none of them deserve to be labeled as "homophobes" or "racist". They might not agree with same sex marriage but none of them would ever discriminate against a gay person or persons or use religion to treat gays as second class citizens. Real christians are getting or people, not hatemongerers.

Posted by: Snails ()
Date: May 02, 2015 01:23PM

You dig? Wrote:
> JUDGE SMALES Wrote:
> -----
> > Nope. I got a college education so I don't have
> to
> > be a ditch digger like you.
>
> So you're a snobbish, bigoted douche?
>
> Good to know.
>
> PS - It's 'Smails', by the way.
>
> You dig?

Please explain how getting an education is snobbish and bigoted. I suppose you prefer to wallow in your own uneducated feces covered life right?

Posted by: PbPce ()
Date: May 02, 2015 01:59PM

not religious but.... Wrote:
> It's pretty disturbing how right wing bigots have
> resorted to hiding themselves behind Christianity
> and the church. I have plenty of good christian
> people in my family(no, they're not "rednecks")
> and none of them deserve to be labeled as
> "homophobes" or "racist". They might not agree
> with same sex marriage but none of them would ever
> discriminate against a gay person or persons or
> use religion to treat gays as second class
> citizens. Real christians are getting or people,
> not hatemongerers.

But it's not disturbing that that's almost entirely a creation of left-wing bigots. Amiright?

Posted by: nuffsaid ()
Date: May 02, 2015 11:14PM

In VA if a business owner dosn't want a costomer to have a concealed weapon with them, all they have to do is post a sign in the window saying "no concealed weapons allowed" Why not the same for cakes?
Attachments:
10390230_637211716412010_2133979280377173889_n.png

Posted by: Vexxxed ()
Date: May 03, 2015 06:35AM

Who would try to enter any business with a concealed cake?

Posted by: yFU3F ()
Date: May 03, 2015 06:47AM

Or why would a cake be carrying a gun?

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.