HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Notorious BIG - Sky is the Limit Instrumental
Posted by: Instumental ()
Date: May 05, 2009 03:53PM

Why dont you guys listen to this and chill the fuck out.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Notorious BIG - Sky is the Limit Instrumental
Posted by: Dwight. ()
Date: May 05, 2009 04:14PM

one of the best songs and instrumentals by biggie

rip

Posted by: Numbers ()
Date: May 05, 2009 04:23PM

Dwight. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> one of the best songs and instrumentals by biggie
>
>
> rip

That was lame!
How is this an instrumental when no one plays an instrument?
1-Drum machine
1-Guitar loop
1-Fender Rhodes loop

This is the type of boring shit you'd hear walking around in Macy's.

Posted by: Numb ()
Date: May 05, 2009 04:29PM

You forgot the little xylophone thing that sounds like glass bottles from WARRIORS!!!!!!

Date: May 05, 2009 04:33PM

numbers i doubt u could make anything as tight as that.. its called a keyboard. thats how they make the beats dummy

Date: May 05, 2009 04:40PM

Dwight. Wrote:
> numbers i doubt u could make anything as tight as
> that.. its called a keyboard. thats how they make
> the beats dummy

Actually I've made far better music than that and could construct that song in 10 minutes using one keyboard and cheap amateur music software like Garage Band.

I play guitar, bass, drums and enough piano to play better than that crappy song.In fact, I could press the "demo" button on any crappy Casio keyboard and it would sound better than that.

Your standards are way too low.

Posted by: graymoose1 ()
Date: May 05, 2009 04:43PM

My farts sound better then that

Posted by: inkahootz ()
Date: May 05, 2009 04:44PM

Although, Big was the shit, this track is rather lame. The xylophone bars are weak as fuck!

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: May 05, 2009 04:48PM

Notorious P.I.G.

Posted by: Instrumental. ()
Date: May 05, 2009 05:07PM

Leave it to most of you faggots to ruin this great song.

Dwight dont feel bad...most of these losers are upset because Trickie DIED :(

Oh so sorry.

Date: May 05, 2009 05:11PM

Haha for realllll.. If all yall normal cool posters really do not appreciate what BIG did and the effect this song had on his life ( watch his movie notorious) yall got issues. dont comment if u have nothing good to say about hip hop.. no one wants to hear it.

The Sky Is The Limit. yea i like that

Posted by: YA.4086438673 ()
Date: May 05, 2009 05:30PM

Dwight. Wrote:
> Haha for realllll.. If all yall normal cool
> posters really do not appreciate what BIG did and
> the effect this song had on his life ( watch his
> movie notorious) yall got issues. dont comment if
> u have nothing good to say about hip hop.. no one
> wants to hear it.
>
> The Sky Is The Limit. yea i like that

I WONDER IF TRICIE HAD PUT OUT A BEAT LIKE THIS WOULD IT GET THE ATTENTION IT DESERVES LMAO

Posted by: YA5434343 ()
Date: May 05, 2009 05:33PM

oops looks like I left out the K in Trickie for "Kancer" My mistake.

Date: May 05, 2009 08:19PM

TheMeeper Wrote:
> Notorious P.I.G.
>
>
LOL!
Every word of his songs is so amateur, predictable and cliche'.

Posted by: LOOOOOL ()
Date: May 05, 2009 08:22PM

Numbers Wrote:
> TheMeeper Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Notorious P.I.G.
> >
> >
> LOL!
> Every word of his songs is so amateur, predictable
> and cliche'.

But then again you are old white and useless. So why would it relate to you??

Date: May 05, 2009 08:29PM

LOOOOOL Wrote:

> But then again you are old white and useless. So
> why would it relate to you??

Wow! LOOOOOL seems to be a Meade Skelton fan, everyone. Why don't you go check him out? He plays at parking lots and flea markets and there is always available seating.
His lyrics don't relate to me because I'm not going to Arizona and the song sucks.

Date: May 05, 2009 08:39PM

I might be mistaken, but did'nt BIG get SHOT?? no great loss, just like that other loser tupac shakur

Date: May 05, 2009 09:03PM

BIG was more successful than you will ever be, graymoose1

When he died and the funeral service was driving down the streets of New York City some one turned on one of his songs and the WHOLE entire CITY turned their radios on and starting singing and dancing and celebrating his fantastic life that was sadly cut short.

to numbers

Rhyme a few bars so I can buy a few cars / Then I kick a few flows so I can pimp a few hoes / Excellence is my presence never tense / Never hesitant leave a nigga bent real quick / Real sick, brawl nights, I perform like Mike / Anyone – Tyson, Jordan, Jackson / Action, pack guns, ridiculous / And I am quick to bust if my ends you touch

I guess I was a combination of House of Pain and Bobby Brown / I was "Humpin Around" and "Jump in Around" / Jacked her then I asked her who's the man; she said, "B I G" / Then I bust in her E Y E

You should know my steelo / Went from 10 g's for blow / To thirty g's a show / To orgies with hoes I've never seen before

Who shot ya? / Seperate the weak from the ob solete /Hard to creep them Brooklyn streets / It's on nigga, fuck all that bickering beef / I can hear sweat trickling down your cheek / Your heartbeat sound like Sasquatch feet / Thundering, shaking the concrete

I burn baby burn like Disco Inferno / Burn slow like blunts with ya yo / Peel more skins than Idaho potato / Niggaz know, the lyrical molestin' is takin' place / Fuckin' with B.I.G. it ain't safe

Birthdays was the worst days / Now we sip champagne when we thirsty

Up in restaurants with mandolins, and violins / We just sittin here tryin to win, tryin not to sin / High off weed and lots of gin / So much smoke need oxygen, steadily countin them Benjamins

I got 7 Mac-11's / About eight 38s / Nine 9s, 10 Mac Tens / The shit never ends / You can't touch my riches / Even if you had MC Hammer and them 357 bitches

Oh my God I'm dropping shit like a pigeon / I hope your listening / Smacking babies at their christening

YEAAAAAAA amateur, predictable, and cliché lyrics RIGHT Fucking idiot for real.

go listen to Elton John fag

Date: May 05, 2009 09:09PM

....i rest my case

Posted by: ferfux ()
Date: May 05, 2009 09:10PM

i said 1 2 3 its kinda dangerous to be an MC! they shot TUPAC AND BIGGIE! Y. O.!

Date: May 05, 2009 09:12PM

now do that for 3 + cd's that sold more than 1 million each

Date: May 05, 2009 10:04PM

I'm sure they were celebrating because the nigga,gangsta, was dead.rap sucks

BIG was more successful than you will ever be, graymoose1

When he died and the funeral service was driving down the streets of New York City some one turned on one of his songs and the WHOLE entire CITY turned their radios on and starting singing and dancing and celebrating his fantastic life that was sadly cut short.

Date: May 05, 2009 10:34PM

Date: May 05, 2009 10:51PM

Just another rapper going on about himself, his ho's and guns. The same MO for all that crap. The "lyrics" you posted from BIG were silly and banal and aimed entirely at numbskulls like you whose brains can't digest anything deeper than

"I got 7 Mac-11's / About eight 38s / Nine 9s, 10 Mac Tens / The shit never ends / You can't touch my riches / Even if you had MC Hammer and them 357 bitches "

This guy's ego is almost as big as his fat ugly ass. He goes on and on about how cool he is, but then gets gunned down by some other punk ass fool with the same ego problems. The East coast is better than the west coast thing is something only a complete tool, like you would get behind. Like most rappers, BIG was not a musician. He couldn't play any instruments, he couldn't sing and he had no production skills. At best, he was a 3rd or 4th rate poet with limited content and subject matter.

The black pioneers of rock n roll, jazz and soul music must be so disappointed at what their amazing efforts transformed into. Hip hop and gansta rap is a talentless abomination to all music and can't go away fast enough. I can only hope that all the fake, lip syncing, pitch corrected pop singers of today go with it.

Date: May 05, 2009 11:04PM

"I got 7 Mac-11's / About eight 38s / Nine 9s, 10 Mac Tens / The shit never ends / You can't touch my riches / Even if you had MC Hammer and them 357 bitches "

See your ignorance shows even more!

That lil line was a FREESTYLE he spit that off the top of his head, not written. Go to any elementry school music teacher and ask them if your voice is an instrument. Simple 3rd grade stuff they will tell you yes.

You know for a fact he has "no production skills."???? okay il take your word.

ALSO where in this entire thread do i mention a beef between East Coast and West Coast? You pulled that out of your ass i am speaking about his music not what media played up on.

" Like most rappers, BIG was not a musician."
Which rappers do you consider a musician?

Posted by: Harry Tuttle ()
Date: May 06, 2009 12:06AM

graymoose1 Wrote:
> I might be mistaken, but did'nt BIG get SHOT?? no
> great loss, just like that other loser tupac
> shakur

Man, say whatever you want about BIG, but how dare you say that about Tupac? He actually was a poet... and not no 4rf or 5f rate poet either.

FTR, I actually like this track. Way better than the... what was it again? Help me out Numbers...
Numbers Wrote:
> fake, lip syncing, pitch
> corrected pop singers of today...
Yeah, that's it!
Fuck Little "Weezy", Fuck Kanye, Fuck T-Pain. Y'all got soft. Lady Ga Ga has more talent than those fucks...

Posted by: Interesting you say lady ga ga ()
Date: May 06, 2009 12:10AM

Check out lady ga ga with WALE called chillen

kanye is an artsit though no matter what any one says. the beats he creates are impeccable.

Date: May 06, 2009 12:14AM

The sky is the limit
sit back while i get it
dome riding chrome
find a girl im gon' bone
make myself a clone
100 years from now reawake
wake and bake toke it up smoke it down
round my town girls dont frown
but on a smile for the big D
im wight for the job

Date: May 06, 2009 12:28AM

Interesting you say lady ga ga Wrote:
> kanye is an artsit though no matter what any one
> says. the beats he creates are impeccable.

Name your top 5 Kanye beats... I believe I can rattle your cage a bit...

Date: May 06, 2009 12:30AM

Dwight. Wrote:

> That lil line was a FREESTYLE he spit that off the
> top of his head, not written.

LOL! That doesn't make it any less pointless or silly. If that was off the top of his head, where was his mind (fantasizing about playing with his toy guns, his ho's and how great he is?).

> Go to any elementry school music teacher and ask them if your voice is
> an instrument. Simple 3rd grade stuff they will tell you yes.

True, the voice is an instrument when used in a musical application. But BIG was not a singer and couldn't even begin to sing in tune and on key (see Kanye West for examples of poorly attempted singing). I suppose you could say BIG could use words in tempo, but that's pretty basic stuff.

BTW, if you go to any elementary school, they would teach you how to spell elementary school.

This conversation is going nowhere because I can see that you are not a musician. If you were, we might be able to discuss this more rationally.
If you like this guys "songs", than good for you, I have no problem with that. It doesn't mean the rest of us are stupid because we don't. Some of us have higher musical standards or just different tastes in music or both.

Maybe instead of sitting there glorifying a dead thug, you could pick out an instrument and learn how to play it. Once you do, you'll be happily enlightened and look back on this thread and laugh at your current view of musicianship.

> You know for a fact he has "no production
> skills."???? okay il take your word.

No, I can't say for sure that he had NO production skills, but listening to the track you posted here and other stuff I've heard from him, I'm not in the least impressed. I've been involved in music production for many years and I know how long it can take to learn the technical side of it. I'd be shocked if he even knew the basic terminology.

> ALSO where in this entire thread do i mention a
> beef between East Coast and West Coast? You pulled
> that out of your ass i am speaking about his music
> not what media played up on.

Come on now, which side were you on? You can't talk about Biggie without knowing about that silly adolescent fued, which is partly why he was killed.

> Which rappers do you consider a musician?

Sorry, I can't think of any offhand. Maybe Eminem has some talent and the Beastie Boys did some interesting things, but most just sample other peoples songs and regurgitate beats. Eminem introduced me to Dido, who is a true and fantastic musician, so I give him mad props.

Date: May 06, 2009 12:35AM

Aw MAAAN!

I was with you up until right here, Numbers
Numbers Wrote:
Maybe Eminem
> has some talent and the Beastie Boys did some
> interesting things,

Date: May 06, 2009 01:08AM

i didnt post the video.

kanye west beats

1. Halo -song by beyonce
2. every 808s heartbreak beat
3. i wonder
4. addiction
5 shoot me down - song by lil wayne

so many others. dude is a genius.

side note- kanye cant sing, i hate auto tune thing but when he raps hes one of the best (see hey mama & crack music ect)

p.s when ur working with and ur best friend is P Diddy im sure you would pick up producing beats easy.

the only thing you really know about big is the west coast beef you dont know any thing about hip-hop. In hip-hop terms you are ignorant and stupid.

I can see it you categorize all rappers blacks especially and label them being judgmental.

Go educate your self and listen to Lupe Fiascos The Cool. try to figure out what hes speaking on with out it going wayyyy over your head

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: May 06, 2009 02:30AM

i hate Notorious BIG and so should you. dont you understand what being notorious means?!

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Date: May 06, 2009 05:47AM

Dwight. Wrote:
> kanye west beats
>
> 1. Halo -song by beyonce - Written by Ryan Tedder and Evan Bogart... not Kanye...
> 2. every 808s heartbreak beat - That's not a song but just look at all the people that got payed to help him... and besides none of those songs are spectacular... someone needs to step away from the autotune... Homie starting to sound like Cher.
> 3. i wonder - He took a chorus from Labi Siffre and used it as the backbone of his whole song.
> 4. addiction - not a bad choice... all I can say is he didn't do it by himself.
> 5 shoot me down - song by lil wayne - not terrible, a little on the simple side musically... but I can't find anywhere that kanye was involved at all...

In summation, I was hoping to rattle your cage a bit more...
I definitely wasn't expecting a list like this... You have better taste than most Kanye fans. There's no argument that Kanye is successful, but to call him a "genius" is going a bit overboard since he sampled the shit out of almost every one of his hit singles (which gave him lots of money to buy real artists)... Seriously, the Tiger Woods Gatorade song is more original and has more talent than all of Kanye's tracks put together...

P.S. I'm not proud of using Wikipedia for every source...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/06/2009 06:05AM by Harry Tuttle.

Date: May 06, 2009 10:02AM

P.S. I'm not proud of using Wikipedia for every source...

^^
haha..

i take your compliment proudly.

i was aware he sampled i wonder, if you youtube kanye west i wonder with original verison it is simply amazing, but sampling takes a lot of skill in my opinion. I dont know all the details but it is impressive.

shoot me down i guess your right it was not by Kanye but you look one song up on that link Let the beat build is probably one of the best on the C3 album which won a grammy award, even though it was below lil wayne greatness quality.

Once kanye switched from straight Rap to Pop auto tone poop initially i thought it was a real bad idea, but he is trying something new, experimenting so i respect him for that.

So because 2 out of my 5 were not actually produced by kanye i will give you two more
1. Let the beat build
2. I poker her face

Date: May 06, 2009 10:18AM

Dwight, sampling does NOT take a lot of skill. All sampling is, is a short recording that's digitized and looped. In fact, you don't even have to use samplers anymore. You can do it on any computer using cheap software and a midi controller.

The reason they do it is because it takes no skill. They can't come up with, or have the talent to play their own riffs so they sample someone elses.

You seem to be really into all this, so why not get into it for yourself? You can do everything BIG does and hopefully better, in your own bedroom. If you have a computer, a keyboard and some cheap software you can do this. I'm guessing your between 14-18 years old and you might not have a job, but ask your parents to make an investment in your musical ambition.

Quit screwing around and go do it.

Date: May 06, 2009 10:25AM

first you would be amazed at what you can achieve with sampling. I have a friend who gets free beats produced by a professional and what he can do is take a woman's voice singing a happy song, sample it add it bass, kicks, hi hats, ect with the sample and make it the most emotional rap beat ever!

i am really interested into this stuff. I have a macbook so i have garage band but you and i both know to be highly successful you need a better studio set up. I have connects to get into a booth to record some shit.

As much as i would like to peruse a career in music I am going to take the college route with small music stuff on the side. Maybe one of my friends will make it big and i can sign on to their label!

p.s Even if in your opionion you think it takes little to no skill to sample you at least have to give Kanye or whoever credit for knowing more music than JUST rap or hip hop.
i have heard so many kanye samples from oldies and songs i would have never heard but are actually good songs( and my music genre does not stretch to far ) At the very least you have to know where and what music to respect

Date: May 06, 2009 10:50AM

Dwight, if you have a Macbook you're hooked. Granted Garage band is not that good, but if you could manage to get your hands on Apple Logic, you'll be styling. Also, you can go to Guitar Center and get a cheap midi interface (Like a Tascam US-144), and a cheap midi keyboard to access the amazing keyboard sounds within Logic. It also has a great drum machine built into it.
If you want to sing or rap, get an inexpensive large diaphragm mic (like an AT 2050) and a pop stopper. Total for all this hardware is around $800 or less.

Start using Garage Band now and when you have a grip on it, step up to Logic. Also, look on Craigslist for used stuff and you can get hooked for even less.

Date: May 06, 2009 02:57PM

I hear you cuz good looks

Date: May 06, 2009 06:45PM

If you want to see a producer with skills, look up Rick Ruben's work. If any producer were genius, it'd be him.

Dre also has mad skills.

Date: May 06, 2009 09:42PM

Dre you already know, also Eminem. many others

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.