HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Christie Pardons Guntard Who Cross State line With Firearm
Posted by: Christie Cone ()
Date: April 03, 2015 01:15PM

N.J. Gov. Chris Christie Thursday pardoned a Philadelphia woman who faced jail time after she brought a registered handgun across the New Jersey border in 2013.

Shaneen Allen, a mother of two, was arrested in October of that year in Hamilton Township after she was pulled over during a routine traffic stop. Although she told police she had the gun and a Pennsylvania concealed carry permit, she faced up to three years in prison in New Jersey, where gun laws are among the strictest in the nation.

Allen, whose .380 Bersa Thunder handgun was loaded with hollow point bullets when she was arrested, had no criminal record. She was charged with unlawful possession of a weapon and possession of hollow-point bullets.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Christie Pardons Guntard Who Cross State line With Firearm
Posted by: WithIntent ()
Date: April 03, 2015 01:32PM

What was her intent? To shoot someone in a neighboring state?
She probably carried for self defense purposes.
Oh, yeah a hollow point, the bullet itself can get one 5 years in the State Pen.
for just having one laying around in your pocket, car, etc.

I'm sure the bullet would be at risk for launching itself without the help of a gun.
This is how lame the NJ, gun laws are.

GOOD PARDON.

Re: Christie Pardons Guntard Who Cross State line With Firearm
Posted by: Alexander Smith ()
Date: April 03, 2015 02:20PM

I had to check to see if this story was satire, as I couldn't believe someone faced JAIL time just for possession of a registered firearm!

What a screwed up state. I refuse to visit after hearing this.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.