HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
To all the dipshits out there wearing headphones while driving
Posted by: 6yVXM ()
Date: March 26, 2015 11:38AM

Get Bluetooth you cheap, self-absorbed bastards.

§ 46.2-1078. Unlawful to operate motor vehicle, bicycle, electric personal assistive mobility device, electric power-assisted bicycle, or moped while using earphones.

It shall be unlawful for any person to operate a motor vehicle, bicycle, electric personal assistive mobility device, electric power-assisted bicycle, or moped on the highways in the Commonwealth while using earphones on or in both ears.

For the purpose of this section, "earphones" shall mean any device worn on or in both ears that converts electrical energy to sound waves or which impairs or hinders the person's ability to hear, but shall not include (i) any prosthetic device that aids the hard of hearing, (ii) earphones installed in helmets worn by motorcycle operators and riders and used as part of a communications system, or (iii) nonprosthetic, closed-ear, open-back, electronic noise-cancellation devices designed and used to enhance the hearing ability of persons who operate vehicles in high-noise environments, provided any such device is being worn by the operator of a vehicle with a gross vehicle weight rating of 26,000 pounds or more. The provisions of this section shall not apply to the driver of any emergency vehicle as defined in § 46.2-920.

(Code 1950, § 46-219.1; 1950, p. 882; 1958, c. 541, § 46.1-202.1; 1989, c. 727; 1993, c. 126; 1997, c. 36; 2001, c. 834; 2002, c. 254.)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: To all the dipshits out there wearing headphones while driving
Posted by: Bill.N. ()
Date: March 26, 2015 11:48AM

Better yet, stay off the damn phone. Studies have shown that even hands free devices can significantly distract drivers, and it is the distraction which is the primary culprit in most electronic related accidents.

Posted by: TGRM4_4Lf ()
Date: March 26, 2015 11:55AM

Bill.N. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Better yet, stay off the damn phone. Studies have
> shown that even hands free devices can
> significantly distract drivers, and it is the
> distraction which is the primary culprit in most
> electronic related accidents.

I see more and more of these morons wearing their $400 Beats by Dre headpones while driving shitty cars. I fully expect to see one of them taking a selfie, hopefully while they drive into a concrete embankment.

Posted by: learned my lesson ()
Date: March 26, 2015 11:59AM

Bill.N. Wrote:
> Better yet, stay off the damn phone. Studies have
> shown that even hands free devices can
> significantly distract drivers, and it is the
> distraction which is the primary culprit in most
> electronic related accidents.

I agree with that, I was checking Twitter on my way to work last year, next thing I know I was up over the median strip, tire squealing, cars honking their horns and swerving at me at me, the whole nine yards. luckily there were no damages. now I keep my phone OFF while driving.

Posted by: NipNotSignedIn ()
Date: March 26, 2015 12:53PM

I saw a lady driving on the beltway yesterday at rt.50 Gallows Rd. exit reading a paper back book. She was going about 40 MPH and would look up from the book from time to time. WTF is wrong with people and while we are at it why do people drive with their bright lights on? WTF is up with that?

Nip

Posted by: ebdGV ()
Date: March 26, 2015 01:22PM

PERSONALLY I can say that I get better sound quality from my BEATS. But I guess haters is gonna hate...

Posted by: Don't forget your Gunnar glasses ()
Date: March 26, 2015 01:25PM

ebdGV Wrote:
> PERSONALLY I can say that I get better sound
> quality from my BEATS. But I guess haters is
> gonna hate...

Suckers gonna suck.

Posted by: NipNotSignedIn ()
Date: March 26, 2015 01:34PM

I once got a ticket for having my headphones on while driving. It was about 1985 and it was a 75$ spanking. Haven't done it since.

Nip

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.