HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
2010 Census
Posted by: Vince(1) ()
Date: April 26, 2009 09:12AM

Youd think that taking a census would be a pretty simple thing. In today's Washington Post there's an article raising the issue of incarcerated prisoners. Should they be counted in the prison district or where they resided prior to their arrest? Nothing is simple...and this just the beginning.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 2010 Census
Posted by: tighty righty ()
Date: April 26, 2009 09:31AM

The problem with playing with the census is when setting up models to extrapolate potential uncounted people. Generating models for extrapolation of population leads to manipulating the census with phantom citizens. The census then becomes unrepresentative of the real population.

Date: April 26, 2009 09:46AM

tighty righty Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The problem with playing with the census is when
> setting up models to extrapolate potential
> uncounted people. Generating models for
> extrapolation of population leads to manipulating
> the census with phantom citizens. The census then
> becomes unrepresentative of the real population.

Well that is a different issue..but fair enough. The science of using sampling a population and then extrapolting is a more accurate reflection of the population then a count of the "real" population.

Anyone who has ever tried to use census data in genealogical research knows that cities are historically under counted in the conduct of a census. It's not as if a "real" count cant be manipulated....it is routinely. The real issue is that white america once again wants to be counted more accurately then minorities and city folk.

Posted by: Junes ()
Date: April 26, 2009 10:15AM

Vince(1) Wrote:
The real issue is
> that white america once again wants to be counted
> more accurately then minorities and city folk.

If the churches would stay out of it, the "minorities" count might be more accurate.

The churches are telling illegals to boycot the census because they are being used as pawns for cities and counties to get more money from the government, even though they know that subsidizes their educaitons.

Makes you wonder just what kind of message the churches are sending. Are they telling us that they plan to feed, shelter and educate the "immigrants" as they did in the past? Or are they intentionally trying to keep the "immigrants" poor and dependent?

Date: April 26, 2009 10:28AM

Well...there's an interesting issue. I dont remember if they ask if you are a citizen or not....or what would stop a person from lying anyway. I guess non-citizens (lets just that term for civility)...are counted in the census. Are their numbers used to allocate congressmen?

Date: April 26, 2009 10:40AM

They do not ask if you are a citizen, however, localities receive more federal dollars for education of "minorities" (specifically Hispanics), upwards to $5,000 per student. If they boycot the census the count is reduced and those Federal dollars are no longer available and the cost to educate falls entirely on the homeownders, whose real estate taxes fund the education system.

The count also is used to determine federal dollars for schools, libraries, public transportation, road projects, and other host of other projects.

And yes, the count does affect the number of Congressional Representatives.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/26/2009 10:43AM by Junes.

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: April 26, 2009 12:09PM

Vince(1) Wrote:
> Youd think that taking a census would be a pretty
> simple thing.

the census is going to fail as the contractor in charge of it has completely fucked it up. their "dry run" failed in 2006 or something. it's a real clusterfuck, so your issue is really a moot point.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Date: April 26, 2009 02:10PM

I never really put too much faith in the Census results because ther was not real checks and balances. The numbers can be skewed to misrepresent the actually population in a town, city, county or state.

How was it messed up during the dry run in 2006? I hadn't heard about that.

Was the "call for census takers" a few months ago to counter the deficiencies in the dry run?

Date: April 26, 2009 03:19PM

So why would any minority not want to be counted in the census? Seems to me they are spiting themselves if your claim about the boycott is true.

Junes..in Gravis's world..everything fails..and everything is a waste of time. Hell..he never even votes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/26/2009 03:20PM by Vince(1).

Date: April 26, 2009 03:53PM

Junes Wrote:
> How was it messed up during the dry run in 2006?

basically, they made a custom PDA device (only $400M to make them) that had built-in gps to identify who they were surveying. the problem arose that the gps doesnt work everywhere, places like apartment buildings and proximity of location issues. the system is borked and they dont have a real solution. they still call everywhere and send people out to places but it's pretty much back to paper and pencil but there are issue with that. i have inside info, so i know it's going to be bad. the first time in 200 years it's going to fail.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: Inside job ()
Date: April 26, 2009 03:58PM

Gravis Wrote:

i have inside info
Attachments:
orly-43441.jpg

Date: April 26, 2009 04:13PM

Vince(1) Wrote:
> So why would any minority not want to be counted
> in the census? Seems to me they are spiting
> themselves if your claim about the boycott is
> true.
>
> Junes..in Gravis's world..everything fails..and
> everything is a waste of time. Hell..he never
> even votes.

It's the CHURCHES telling "minorities" to not participate in the Census. For some reason they think if they get the illegals to boycot the census, it will make Congress pass an Immigration Reform Bill sooner.

There isn't going to be an Immigration Reform Bill this year, or maybe even next year - depending on how the recession plays out.

If the illegals aren't counted, there will be no federal money for education and taxes for homeowners will increase to fill the void. With the growing hostility of tax dollars spent to subsidize illegal aliens, this will not bode well for illegals.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/04/22/AR2009042203887.html

I have no idea what the churches are thinking.

Date: April 26, 2009 04:15PM

Gravis Wrote:
> Junes Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > How was it messed up during the dry run in
> 2006?
>
> basically, they made a custom PDA device (only
> $400M to make them) that had built-in gps to
> identify who they were surveying. the problem
> arose that the gps doesnt work everywhere, places
> like apartment buildings and proximity of location
> issues. the system is borked and they dont have a
> real solution. they still call everywhere and
> send people out to places but it's pretty much
> back to paper and pencil but there are issue with
> that. i have inside info, so i know it's going to
> be bad. the first time in 200 years it's going to
> fail.

Oh yes, I remember that. That may be why they are hiring so many people to conduct door-to-door surveys - with clipboard and paper forms.

Posted by: Have you seen him? ()
Date: April 26, 2009 04:18PM

Just wait until the surveyors get to Vince (1)'s house. There's got to be a small town's worth of illegals living with him.

Date: April 27, 2009 01:30AM

Junes Wrote:
> Oh yes, I remember that. That may be why they are
> hiring so many people to conduct door-to-door
> surveys - with clipboard and paper forms.

yes, it is. they are in a panic because the accuracy of that info is really poor.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.