HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Redskins Going After QB Sanchez
Date: April 17, 2009 09:20AM

Why would the Redskins opt to draft players they actually need like for the OL or DL? Let's just draft ANOTHER QB....

http://blogs.usatoday.com/thehuddle/2009/04/another-sign-that-jason-campbells-job-isnt-secure.html

...Because, after all, Snyder has had so much success with his previous QB picks.

Is there another receiver or tight end available? Maybe Snyder can pick up two or three more of those, too, while he is at it! Oh...any punters??

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Redskins Going After QB Sanchez
Posted by: umm hello? ()
Date: April 17, 2009 09:31AM

fuck them. i hope they go 0-14 or 0-16 or 0-however many games goodell wants the nfl teams to play per season

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: April 17, 2009 09:43AM

The Skins are so frustrating!

If I was trying to get inside Synder's/Cerrato's head, the only thing I could imagine they think is perhaps:

1. Best case scenario Campbell does pretty well (not great) and they have to sign him to a new huge contract if they want to stick with him past next year.

2. Middle case scenario Campbell has another average season and they still have to decide whether to stick it out at a higher price tag, or go to the 2nd year Sanchez (who will be making a significantly lower salary but is unproven)

3. Worst case scenario Campbell bombs and they have to put in the Brennan or Sanchez anyways

Plus they know Campbell on a personal level and maybe he just doesn't inspire confidence. I wathced a couple USC games and Sanchez appeared to be a very firery and inspirational leader and i could definitely see Synder being "smitten" with him in that regards.

The only positive thing I could say is at least they aren't looking at a WR, RB, or punter, lol!!

Date: April 17, 2009 10:06AM

Justin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> The only positive thing I could say is at least
> they aren't looking at a WR, RB, or punter, lol!!

Yet.

Actually, they could probably use a RB. Rock Cartwright contributes nothing and Betts is okay but not stellar.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: April 17, 2009 10:24AM

WashingTone Locian Wrote:
> Justin Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> >
> > The only positive thing I could say is at least
> > they aren't looking at a WR, RB, or punter,
> lol!!
>
>
> Yet.
>
> Actually, they could probably use a RB. Rock
> Cartwright contributes nothing and Betts is okay
> but not stellar.

They could use one, but I'm against the idea of a "franchise" RB. Meaning that it seems RBs a more interchangeable nowadays and that O-lines are more important to the RB's success. Better to spend the money on a good O-line and have an average RB than have a "franchise RB" and an underpaid/average O-line. I think they paid Portis too much and now they have to run him until the wheels fall off to get their money's worth.

Posted by: 496 ()
Date: April 17, 2009 11:11AM

Wow, I'll bet Campbel's panties are in a real bind over this.

Posted by: Numbers ()
Date: April 17, 2009 01:42PM

Yeah, lets draft another QB to sit on the sidelines for 3 years.

Date: April 17, 2009 01:45PM

496 Wrote:
> Wow, I'll bet Campbel's panties are in a real bind
> over this.

The one thing that came out of the whole Cutler debacle is that Campbell is no Cutler when it comes to temperament.

Campbell may not make it in the NFL, but I have a lot more respect for him for the way he has conducted himself.

Posted by: redskins ()
Date: April 17, 2009 01:48PM

man fuck allllll you redskin haters... when they have a good season u guys will prob be the ssame people cheering woooo! fuck yall either ur a fan win or lose, good or bad, or u got no right to talk bad about the skins,,,

fuck the cowboys thats how it should be

Date: April 17, 2009 02:19PM

I'd have more respect for the Skins if they changed their name to the Washington Bad Choices, or even Washington little douchebag in grownup clothes.

Posted by: 469 ()
Date: April 17, 2009 04:05PM

when the skins rally this year and make the playoffs you will be the kind of person who wears a clinton portis jerseys yelling and screaming all happy but really ur a bitch nigga pretender

BAN (bitch ass nigga)

thats you

Date: April 17, 2009 04:12PM

Speaking of Jerseys, I think that is Danny Boy's personnel strategy. When Jerseys stop selling for a position, he trades that person out to get fresh blood to sell Jerseys. For instance, LeVar Arrington's Jersey probably stopped selling, so Danny Boy traded him to the Giants so that they could sell London Fletcher Jerseys instead. However, now that he has Haynesworth, expect to see Fletcher's Jersey sales to crater. I see new linebackers in the Skins' future.

Posted by: inkahootz ()
Date: April 17, 2009 04:16PM

Who really gives a fuck about the Redskins anymore? If anyone is ever up at The Palm in Tyson's...give Mr. Snyder his 'just desserts'!

Posted by: wtl ()
Date: April 17, 2009 04:17PM

thats actually pretty interesting..same could go for marcus washington... Feltcher is getting a lil old so he will leave sooner or later

Posted by: inka ()
Date: April 17, 2009 04:19PM

fuck you inka if you dont care why are u even gonna post? the skins are the best team in the NFC east and are gonna take the nfl by storm
bitch

Date: April 17, 2009 04:27PM

wtl Wrote:
> thats actually pretty interesting..same could go
> for marcus washington... Feltcher is getting a lil
> old so he will leave sooner or later

One player Danny Boy will love forever is Sean Taylor. He doesn't have to pay him shit and he has the best selling Jersey of all time. Danny LOVES Sean Taylor's corpse.

l
Date: April 17, 2009 04:27PM

l

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/01/2010 03:38PM by inkahootz.

Posted by: dudes ()
Date: April 17, 2009 04:33PM

yall should be a lil thankful for the redskins. they are not SO TERRIBLE, 3 super bowls been to and won playoff games in the past decade (dallas cowboys rofl)

Be thankful that we have an owner who loves the redskins and believe it or not he does anything to win, spend millions of dollars, ect. Take the Seattle Supersonics... there owner was a DICK head and stole the team from the city, sold it and there in oklahomo city. what the hell is that. be thankful for the glory of the redskins, Bleed Burgundy and Gold Forever!

Date: April 17, 2009 04:36PM

>
>
> One player Danny Boy will love forever is Sean
> Taylor. He doesn't have to pay him shit and he has
> the best selling Jersey of all time. Danny LOVES
> Sean Taylor's corpse.

Agreed.

Date: April 17, 2009 04:39PM

dudes Wrote:
> yall should be a lil thankful for the redskins.
> they are not SO TERRIBLE, 3 super bowls been to
> and won playoff games in the past decade (dallas
> cowboys rofl)
>
>

Two playoff games in 10 years. With the amount of revenues they generate. Pathetic.

Posted by: revenue ()
Date: April 17, 2009 04:55PM

every NFL football team generates large amounts of revenue. The skins have so much potential each year. they just need to get it together and to be honest im getting a lil horny for Zorny

Date: April 17, 2009 08:20PM

I think people here like WTL, 496, Inkahootz and myself are the TRUE Skins fans. If we didn't give a shit, we wouldn't be questioning Snyder and his lil coke slut. Dudes, your just a homer and think whatever they do is wonderful and always for the best. Why, because you don't know shit about football and the players that play it.

So go put on your big foam finger and your Jason Campbell jersey and go sit in the corner while the men here talk shop.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/17/2009 08:21PM by Numbers.

Posted by: Sean Taylor's Profitable Corpse ()
Date: April 17, 2009 08:32PM

revenue Wrote:
> every NFL football team generates large amounts of
> revenue. The skins have so much potential each
> year. they just need to get it together and to be
> honest im getting a lil horny for Zorny

There are two problems with the Redskins that will never be solved as long as Dan Snyder is the owner.

1) The team does not have a real GM. Dan Snyder thinks he is a GM. He's not. Whatever skills he may have as a businessman, he simply does not have what it takes to field a winning team. He doesn't understand how to assess talent and he has surrounded himself with "yes men" like Vinny and Zorn who won't challenge his judgment.

2) Dan Snyder is the ultimate "star fucker." He spends a disproportionate amount of his payroll on a handful of "stars." Because of this, the rest of the team, for the most part, is composed of castaways from other teams who are either too old, too green or simply not good enough to start in the NFL. As a result, his teams have no depth, so if one of the "stars" gets injured, the team simply can't win games. If you look over the past few years, many of the team's winning streaks stop when someone like Portis, Moss or Cooley gets knocked out.

Snyder owns the team and has a fragile ego. He is incapable of changing. The team won't improve until he's gone as owner. Hopefully his escapades into theme parks and movie making will bankrupt him and the change will happen sooner rather than later.

Posted by: "dudes" ()
Date: April 18, 2009 01:33AM

ok first off 1 fuck you numbers you do not know shit, making specualatery statements with no fact or truth behind it.

calling your home team pathetic is the least kind of fan hood you can gain to a team. if your such a true fan tell me what team Oline man Dockery came from. Whos he gonna protect Jason Campbell dude who threw the least amount of interceptions the whole first half of the year, the man who is coming into the offense of Zorn and if he fails who do you have backing him up? Oh yea Colt Brennen guy who broke every passing record in NCAA

IDK who sean taylors corpse is but he ACTUALLY makes a good point but i disagree with the last statements sounds like hes jealous of Dans lifestyle cuz he has $$$. anyways a Big Fuck You telling me i dont know redskins shit get at me son

Posted by: fairfaxdude ()
Date: April 18, 2009 09:19AM

"dudes" Wrote:
> ok first off 1 fuck you numbers you do not know
> shit, making specualatery statements with no fact
> or truth behind it.
>
> calling your home team pathetic is the least kind
> of fan hood you can gain to a team. if your such a
> true fan tell me what team Oline man Dockery came
> from. Whos he gonna protect Jason Campbell dude
> who threw the least amount of interceptions the
> whole first half of the year, the man who is
> coming into the offense of Zorn and if he fails
> who do you have backing him up? Oh yea Colt
> Brennen guy who broke every passing record in NCAA
>
>
>
> IDK who sean taylors corpse is but he ACTUALLY
> makes a good point but i disagree with the last
> statements sounds like hes jealous of Dans
> lifestyle cuz he has $$$. anyways a Big Fuck You
> telling me i dont know redskins shit get at me son

Ok, i tried to read and make sense of this post, to no avail.

Anybody got any aspirin?

Date: April 18, 2009 10:08AM

"dudes" Wrote:
> ok first off 1 fuck you numbers you do not know
> shit, making specualatery statements with no fact
> or truth behind it.

Obviously I was right about this, as I'll prove as we go on.

> calling your home team pathetic is the least kind
> of fan hood you can gain to a team.

Fan Hood?

> if your such a true fan tell me what team Oline man Dockery came
> from.

Your joking, right? First he was with the Skins, then Buffalo, now back with the Skins.

> Whos he gonna protect Jason Campbell dude
> who threw the least amount of interceptions the
> whole first half of the year, the man who is
> coming into the offense of Zorn and if he fails
> who do you have backing him up? Oh yea Colt
> Brennen guy who broke every passing record in NCAA

I don't understand your point here.

> IDK who sean taylors corpse is but he ACTUALLY
> makes a good point but i disagree with the last
> statements sounds like hes jealous of Dans
> lifestyle cuz he has $$$. anyways a Big Fuck You
> telling me i dont know redskins shit get at me son

I rest my case.

Posted by: Sean Taylor's Profitable Corpse ()
Date: April 18, 2009 10:53AM

Dockery is another example of the Snyder business model. He will trade away decent talent like Dockery and Ryan Clark for "big names." So Ryan Clark, who won a Superbowl with Pittsburgh this year, is replaced with Adam Archuletta.

Posted by: dudes ()
Date: April 18, 2009 01:19PM

Even with your attempt to sound smart and witty i know more about the redskins than you ever will period.

Date: April 19, 2009 12:19AM

This should be renamed, Redskins going after Dirty Sanchez,

Date: April 23, 2009 08:04AM

The Detroit Lions are a complete disaster and they have the Number 1 pick. Danny Boy is in his compulsive buying mode again. If I were the Lions, I would trade the #1 pick to Danny Boy so that he can get Sanchez. In exchange, I would take Campbell, the Skins #1 pick this year and two picks for next year's draft. And you know what? Danny Boy would be stupid enough to take it.

Posted by: ernie ()
Date: April 23, 2009 10:47AM

I hope you are wrong, but history shows there is a chance you could be right.
My god, look what they gave up for TJ Duckett and Jason Taylor. Duckett had about 15 carries the season they traded for him and Taylor had 2 sacks last year, if that many. They gave up 4 pretty good picks for those two.

Date: April 23, 2009 10:55AM

ernie Wrote:
> I hope you are wrong, but history shows there is a
> chance you could be right.
> My god, look what they gave up for TJ Duckett and
> Jason Taylor. Duckett had about 15 carries the
> season they traded for him and Taylor had 2 sacks
> last year, if that many. They gave up 4 pretty
> good picks for those two.

Well, it could be why the Lions have been so non-committal on their pick. I wouldn't be shocked at all if Snyder hasn't been on the phone with them for days on end trying to work out some sort of ridiculous deal.

Date: April 23, 2009 11:23AM

Zorn said in an interview yesterday that they're going "full speed ahead" with Jason Campbell as the starting QB.
What a lying sack he'd be if they picked up Sanchez.

Date: April 23, 2009 11:32AM

Numbers Wrote:
> Zorn said in an interview yesterday that they're
> going "full speed ahead" with Jason Campbell as
> the starting QB.
> What a lying sack he'd be if they picked up
> Sanchez.

Someone needs to tell Zorn to talk to Vinny, because Vinny hasn't denied that the Skins are going after Sanchez.

Washington Post - Team officials are indicating that the Redskins could attempt to trade up in this weekend's NFL Draft in order to take USC quarterback Mark Sanchez.

"I think anything is possible," Vinny Cerrato, Washington's executive vice president of football operations, said during the predraft news conference at Redskins Park. "It's just what you're willing to give up."

The Redskins have the 13th overall pick, but have no picks in the second and fourth rounds.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/23/2009 11:34AM by WashingTone Locian.

Posted by: RedSkinFan65 ()
Date: April 23, 2009 11:50AM

Vinny's always done a good job at bringing talent to the team, I wouldn't be shocked if he were looking at Sanchez. They're wasting their time with Campbell.

Date: April 23, 2009 11:59AM

RedSkinFan65 Wrote:
> Vinny's always done a good job at bringing talent
> to the team,

Are we talking about the same Vinny Cerrato?

Date: April 23, 2009 04:12PM

> Are we talking about the same Vinny Cerrato?

Hahahahaha!

He's been saving his Hi-grade cocaine for saturday's draft so he can have more energy to make bad picks.

Date: April 23, 2009 04:20PM

Numbers Wrote:
> WashingTone Locian Wrote:
>
> > Are we talking about the same Vinny Cerrato?
>
>
> Hahahahaha!
>
> He's been saving his Hi-grade cocaine for
> saturday's draft so he can have more energy to
> make bad picks.

Vinny's problem really isn't whether or not he picks good talent in the draft. He does usually pick up at least one decent player in each draft (Cooley, Sean Taylor, Chris Horton). The problem is he (or more appropriately Danny Boy) squander most of their picks in half-assed trades that when they do have clunkers in the draft, it magnifies them. And whatever talent Vinny may have in striking occasional draft gold, a lot of his (or Danny's) high dollar free agency acquisitions have been plain shit.

Posted by: Warhawk ()
Date: April 24, 2009 09:03PM

> Vinny's problem really isn't whether or not he
> picks good talent in the draft. He does usually
> pick up at least one decent player in each draft
> (Cooley, Sean Taylor, Chris Horton). The problem
> is he (or more appropriately Danny Boy) squander
> most of their picks in half-assed trades that when
> they do have clunkers in the draft, it magnifies
> them. And whatever talent Vinny may have in
> striking occasional draft gold, a lot of his (or
> Danny's) high dollar free agency acquisitions have
> been plain shit.

Damn straight. Dan Snyder is a douchebag fanboy who made enough money (kudos to that) to indulge in his fantasy. He's all flash and splash - the complete opposite of the NE Pats and look at what they've accomplished compared to the Skins. If you're a big name and you sign with the Skins for tens of millions, I'll bet my house you're at the end of your career and half the player you were.

The Redskins will never win it all as long as Snyder is the owner, although a blind squirrel can find a nut once in awhile.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.