HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
NFL Player delayed from seeing dying mother-in-law
Posted by: J.D. Walker ()
Date: March 28, 2009 11:41AM

A Dallas police officer delayed the NFL's Ryan Moats (running back, Houston Texans) from seeing his dying mother-in-law in the hospital. That officer is now suspended and in danger of losing his job.

Here's a link to the story:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4017382

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/football/nfl/stories/032809dnspotaylor.3405e0c.html

If this were happening to an ordinary citizen in Fairfax County, the cops would probably just shoot the guy.

Kudos to Mr. Moats for not trying to trade on his NFL fame.....

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: NFL Player delayed from seeing dying mother-in-law
Posted by: waaaaaaaa ()
Date: March 28, 2009 11:44AM

J.D. Walker Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> If this were happening to an ordinary citizen in
> Fairfax County, the cops would probably just shoot
> the guy.
>

Wow, look...another crying little bitch who just got a ticket.

Posted by: Mutha-in-Law ()
Date: March 28, 2009 12:21PM

He was not in a hurry to see his mother-in-law before she died. He was in a hurry to SEE her die!

Posted by: thats right I fuckin said it ()
Date: March 28, 2009 01:08PM

the only reason this got on the news is because of who the guy is
who gives a fuck?
im sure this happens all the time to joe the plumber and nobody hears anything

WHO GIVES A FUCK

Posted by: thats right I fuckin said it ()
Date: March 28, 2009 01:08PM

thats right I fuckin said it Wrote:
> the only reason this got on the news is because of
> who the guy is
> who gives a fuck?
> im sure this happens all the time to joe the
> plumber and nobody hears anything
>
> WHO GIVES A FUCK

the cop was doing his job
not his fault the NIGGER was running red lights putting other peoples lifes in jeopardy. stupid ass coon

Posted by: Vis ()
Date: March 28, 2009 01:27PM

Acccccckkk! He said the "N" word!

*runs from the room hysterically waving arms over head*

Date: March 28, 2009 04:33PM

The cop was right to pull Moats over and he was right to have the family members come back to the car to figure out what was going on. Once he learned from the nurse and the other police officer that the mother-in-law was, in fact, dying, and he refused to let them go, he was just being a prick.

While I don't know if the guy should lose his job over this, given the high profile, he probably will. No Police Chief or Mayor is going to fall on their sword for a 25-year-old officer. At the same time, I think it is incredibly lame for the department to say, "But he is just 25-years-old." Uhh...he has a fucking gun and the authority to shoot to kill. WTF are they trying to say? That they knowingly hand out guns to people who are too immature to use good judgment?

Posted by: Vince(1) ()
Date: March 28, 2009 06:25PM

I think the incident represents the typical harassment that blacks face whenever dealing with law enforcement.

Posted by: Dealer Draws Racecard for the Win! ()
Date: March 28, 2009 06:29PM

Vince(1) Wrote:
> I think the incident represents the typical
> harassment that blacks face whenever dealing with
> law enforcement.

Race Card Pictures, Images and Photos

Posted by: inkahootz ()
Date: March 28, 2009 06:36PM

That playing card is funny as fuck!

Posted by: 2 cents ()
Date: March 28, 2009 06:49PM

Just a couple observations ,some of which will probably be unpopular with hard-core Fairfax Undergrounders:

1. This is clearly off-topic and has nothing to do with Fairfax County. Why is it posted here?

2. The mother-in-law died of cancer. I have a hard time believing that they didn't have some type of advanced warning of her impending death. Cancer rarely sneaks up and takes someone overnight. The family likely had days, weeks, or, likely, months to prepare for this.

3. Perhaps if Moats just stopped immediately, as required by law, rather than escalating the situation by engaging the officer on a small pursuit and running a couple more stop signs, etc along the way and failing to yield, this may have resulted in a different outcome. I understand why the officer was upset by the time they did finally stop at the hospital. He was then faced with an out of control wife running from the car and a mouthy Moats. I can't help but think that if he had stopped blocks earlier and calmly explained the situation to the officer, instead of continuing to drive, it may have been different.

4. Mouthing off to the officer, women fleeing the car upon stopping, and then telling the officer "you are wasting my time" and then "go find it yourself" when asked for legal documents by the officer is probably not the smartest move and likely escalated things and sealed the outcome.

5. The officer violated no laws. His department is hanging him out to dry due to the massive negative publicity. If Moats wasn't an NFL player this probably wouldn't be blown out of proportion like this. He should not be fired. Maybe more training is in order, but to fire a law enforcement officer for enforcing the law is ridiculous. Granted, he could have used a little more discretion once the situation was confirmed, but it wasn't required by law. I hope the officer has a good attorney.

6. The is no "racism" involved here as the Moats' are hinting. Don't believe me? Try a stunt like this yourself in just about any city or town in the US and see.

7. Both the Moats' and the officer could have probably handled the situation much better.

Just my 2 cents.

Posted by: Maple St Res ()
Date: March 28, 2009 07:10PM

if you watched the video of it...the officer was a dick. nurses came out to plead with him, and so did another cop from the same county, and he still refused to let him go in.

Posted by: Eastsider ()
Date: March 29, 2009 12:54AM

2 cents wins the thread.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.