HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.
Posted by: FNUdu ()
Date: October 31, 2014 06:39PM

Steven Weinberg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.
Posted by: Give Gold ()
Date: October 31, 2014 06:48PM

Re: Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.
Posted by: jJvdv ()
Date: October 31, 2014 06:51PM

Posted by: fags ()
Date: October 31, 2014 06:52PM

Or butt fuckers...

Posted by: Jimmy the Orange ()
Date: October 31, 2014 07:01PM

I am an atheist, but far from anti-theist and certainly not anti-religion.

As a scientist, I am devoted to evidence and there is a plethora of evidence showing good people doing evil things due to the influence of authority, not religion.

Stanley Milgram's experiments in electric shock and Zimbardo's famous Stanford prison experiment both show how good people can do evil things without recourse to religion.

I see where Weinberg is coming from, but as a scientist he is neglecting evidence and furthermore fails to address the ability of religion to help 'evil people' (if such a thing exists), do good things.

I don't blame Weinberg for his comment, people ought to be able to be flippant, but I loathe seeing atheists peddle this quotation as if it were fact; it is not, it is pure casuistry.

source: http://tinyurl.com/m4ksbw5

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.