HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
'Honey Boo Boo' Canceled After Reports Claim Mama June is Dating a Sex Offender
Posted by: Redneckify ()
Date: October 24, 2014 01:28PM

Getting the jump on the situation this time so they don't repeat the Duck Dynasty fiasco.

'Honey Boo Boo' Canceled After Reports Claim Mama June is Dating a Sex Offender

TLC has pulled the plug on its hit reality show Here Comes Honey Boo Boo after reports surfaced that star "Mama June" Shannon is dating a convicted child molester, Mark McDaniel.

Honey Boo Boo was a spinoff off of the hit reality series Toddlers and Tiaras. It follows 9-year-old pageant star Alana "Honey Boo Boo" Thompson and her family.

On Thursday, TMZ posted a cuddly photo of Shannon, 35, and McDaniel, who was convicted of aggravated child molestation and imprisoned in 2004. Allegedly the 8-year-old victim was related to Shannon's family.

“TLC has cancelled the series Here Comes Honey Boo Boo and ended all activities around the series, effective immediately," the network announced on Friday. "Supporting the health and welfare of these remarkable children is our only priority. TLC is faithfully committed to the children's ongoing comfort and well-being.”

June denied she was dating McDaniel on Thursday. "It isnt true i promise," she wrote on Facebook. "My kids r #1 priority over anything else." She continued to deny they were dating on Friday, as has McDaniel's son and June's daughter Lauryn "Pumpkin" Shannon.

"Just got a phone call this morning from TLC and as of right now there will be no more production of the show…the statement of me dating a sex offender is totally untrue," June posted. "Pumpkin has openly said that I did not—that I'm not dating him and also his son," she said. "I would not ever, ever, ever put my kids in danger. I love my kids too much. That is my past. I have not seen that person in 10 years and don't seem to want to see that person."

Clearly, TLC isn't buying it. They apparently have shot episodes for the new season, but will not air them. However, the show was not in production when the news broke this week.

In September, Mama June and Sugar Bear Thompson (Alana's father) announced that they ended their relationship.

"Sugar Bear and I have decided to take some time apart to figure out some things in our relationship," the pair said in a statement. "We are taking things day by day, but regardless of what happens, the girls will always be our number one priority. We want to thank y'all for your support."

TLC finished airing the fourth season of Honey Boo Boo in August with 1.8 million viewers tuning in. Although that number was down from previous seasons, was still one of the network's most popular shows.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 'Honey Boo Boo' Canceled After Reports Claim Mama June is Dating a Sex Offender
Posted by: eesh ()
Date: October 24, 2014 04:33PM

I guess the mother doesn't care about her daughter that much if she is going to allow a sex offender into her life....

Blessed are the murderous.

Re: 'Honey Boo Boo' Canceled After Reports Claim Mama June is Dating a Sex Offender
Posted by: 47dMG ()
Date: October 24, 2014 04:58PM

eesh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I guess the mother doesn't care about her daughter
> that much if she is going to allow a sex offender
> into her life....

Well the mom doesn't have much to choose from. Just about all Contards are sex offenders and they are the only ones who will date fat ugly women, because it is the best they can get.

Posted by: eesh ()
Date: October 24, 2014 05:09PM

She has money from the show, surely she could have found a decent guy, even if he was only attracted to the wealth. Yes, the Honey Boo Boo family has good money.

Blessed are the murderous.

Posted by: Fredrick Douglas VI ()
Date: October 25, 2014 08:52AM

Now we know where Honey got her boo boo.

Posted by: Back-N-Tyme ()
Date: October 25, 2014 10:39AM

That family will be broke in five years

eesh Wrote:
--------------------------------------------------
> She has money from the show, surely she could have
> found a decent guy, even if he was only attracted
> to the wealth. Yes, the Honey Boo Boo family has
> good money.

Posted by: Low IQ tv ()
Date: October 25, 2014 03:15PM

Who watches that crap?
Blacks and immigrants

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.