HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Re: more Clinton era scandals: democrats wanted Spanish to be world's official language
Posted by: tell you why it was considered ()
Date: November 04, 2021 02:23PM

Computers weren't so fast and had no translator. Faster computers were insanely expensive. Microsoft had no foreign support at the time while Unix had i18N (18 languages but not necessarily great support). Attempts like Unicode (which didn't cover keyboards) became messy and dis-used due to lack of any predictable standards.

Foreign characters made compiling software, and front-end GUI that dealt with characters, 3x as slow - they still do. Also - allot of software (still) is clueless about international support - having code only for the task at hand.

In the late 1990's early 2000's the world considered unifying languages. For the normal reason of making communication easier along with the PC reason.

As usual disagreements erupted as to WHICH language that should be. Say half (DEMOCRATS, Clintons, et al) wanted SPANISH to be it. Spanish has all the odd dipthong microns junk in their language - which would kill software that couldn't handle it and make PCs run 3x as slow for what reason? Spanish is a variety of Latin but many words are ... mangle.

IN FAIRFFAX, VIRGINIA, white dem gov worker sought spanish translation jobs - at that time. Citizens protested foreigners should learn English and the government shouldn't translate anything. IT BECAME A WELL KNOWN FACT THAT HISPANICS WHO INFACT WERE BORN IN USA, WHEN ARRESTED, WERE SPEAKING SPANISH TO FOOL OFFICERS TO THINK THEY DIDN'T KNOW THE RULES OR LANGUAGE. Democrats said they let some go "due to the cost of translating - in absense of good translators - they were let go" (Fairfax)

AS USUAL - DEMOCRATS BETRAYED THEIR COUNTRY WHILE CITIZENS PROTESTED WHAT THEY WERE DOING AND THE COSTS INCURRED

Meanwhile. The NET result is no progress was made in choosing an International language for the Internet

MICROSOFT, during all this, sought to be "the first PC OS with Chinese Support" (though lacking support for any other language at the time) (it was a LIE, Unix had already had CHINESE support and Japanese support). And Clintons and gov threw all kinds of money at microsoft for that. This was also during the time of MASSIVE OUTSOURCING OF JOBS AND INDUSTRIAL AGE FACTORY TOOLS TO CHINA.

People meandered on making a firm decision and meanwhile "64bit" characters seeped into the PC even into the compiling infrastructure - making certain things 3x as slow really for no reason but biggotry or lack of learning - even developing software - unless it's kicked in the nuts before it installs itself that is.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: more Clinton era scandals: democrats wanted Spanish to be world's official language
Posted by: 6778kl676 ()
Date: November 04, 2021 02:23PM

little red riding hood

Date: November 04, 2021 02:40PM

In the mid 2000's foreigners used "language fairness" to get Hillary State Department USA Government Grants (YOUR MONEY, USA DOLLARS) to get funding to insert MILITARY MATHEMATICAL KNOTTING AND VIRUSES into Linux.

Having a password to "insert code into the Global systems" also gives one access to INSERT VIRUSES, ATTACKS, AND MILITANT BACK DOORS FOR SPYING. It's predictably exactly what they did. I'll not discuss viruses or reverse engineering in this article.

As well - they hated USA - they insured that USA keyboards no longer worked correctly (attacking even the GNU code founder's Emacs to no longer work as documente; it is based on documented behavior being a text editor for programmers) AND that USA compiling would work 300% slower in USA for no reason except that USA would have the same LANGUAGE PENALTY despite USA uses the more efficient IBM CHARACTER SET (which older printers also relied upon being present for use and compatibility).

(I know because I undid the knot which was 100x mathematical folded in reverse engineer programmed recusion in multiple languages. The characters appears no different, compiling speed picked up 300%. Foreign languages were still fully supported by the Desktop and Web Browser. It was: all a scam, a virus and foreign attack, like I could have told you it would be before I undid the knot. I know their tricks insanely well by now.)

Date: November 04, 2021 02:45PM

You would think in 2021 the language thing is solved. It isn't. Language requires translation there are 2,000 languages and translation is NON-FREE.

Software continually mutates (this also is a scam, lack of standardization, force sales of chinese products - reverse engineering - big tech attacks on consumers and un-employed)

You'd think google can translate? it does a rather bad job actually.

You'd think the software fully supports languages. Actually there are allot of bugs and too many standards: it's a damn mess because they never got together to choose a standard.

Langugage characters was and still is the CHEIF CAUSE OF MOST WINDOWS FREEZES (ie, WEB BROWSER FREEZES). Web Browser freezes wasted billions of hours of time in the 2000's. Which is one reason why reasonable people wanted a language on the PC to "not be toyed with by aweful programmers".

Posted by: 7i67o ()
Date: November 04, 2021 02:52PM

Now me - I though language standardization was a "cool idea" hoping it would go forward. I obviously hoped ENGLISH would win but would have accepted SPANISH only because I knew that language standardization could remove allot of "waste" in the world whether it was PC, or sharing International NEWS and events, or IMPORT SALES, or whatever.

Date: November 04, 2021 02:54PM

Holdbacks:

* $$$$$$$$. many saw an opportunity to sell faster PC computers with more failing and complex contracts - therefore repair contracts also. any cause for upgrade was a cause they embraced. Microsoft was often caught wasting memory simply to cause the computer to say "Out of Memory". They were caught and sued and lost some of the lawsuits.

* procrastination

* biggotry

Date: November 04, 2021 02:55PM

* lack of organization skills

Posted by: 5u6u6 ()
Date: November 04, 2021 02:57PM

Posted by: i67io667 ()
Date: November 04, 2021 03:02PM

Hillary-Rodham-Clinton-2009.jpg

Our Female College Presidents association says Unix is for males and you aren't a Microsoft employee and your attempts to "alter education and government" with "standards in the male image" no one wants, foreigners abhor, is laughable.

Posted by: 45h45h ()
Date: November 04, 2021 03:06PM

back to MONEY it wasn't purely a lack of organization. there were obstructors.

it is a fact, to this day, that the original i18N was hacked by asia so that fonts could prevent Linux from building AND that asian fonts shown in a web browser could actually be logging into your system (i hope that was fixed I bet it wasn't). it was faster to "allow this" and i18N coders "let it slip by". it was later used for attacks while when it was intruduced it was strongly suggested it would be rediculous and insulting that asians might do this.

Posted by: u7ik7 ()
Date: November 04, 2021 03:10PM

Hillary-Clinton-scrunchie-009.jpg?width=

off topic, at the time early mid 2000's there also was a strong USA push by women in the USA to be independent of males, own LARGE SUV, and start women owned business under a new MANDATOR HIRING / mandatory fairness law (requiring certain businesses be female owned)

Later in 2000's, large SUV's were considered "living large and a symbol of the american pig" (there's a book by the same title by asians). asians of course did anything possible to sell large SUVs in the USA despite their complaining.

Hillary, above, is sporting the trend look of the time.

Posted by: 6u56u ()
Date: November 04, 2021 03:15PM

Posted by: 45u5uu ()
Date: November 17, 2021 09:33AM

t

Posted by: 3hg33h54 ()
Date: January 23, 2023 10:00PM

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.