HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
The US should drop some of its states and territories
Posted by: reform ()
Date: May 15, 2022 09:35PM

The only states that should remain are on the mainland. Hawaii should be given its independence, but a military presence remain to at least protect the West coast, but Hawaii is a pretty useless state that eats up tax dollars in the form of social services. Alaska should be let go too. I think we can sell it to Canada for a decent price.

I also think we should grant Puerto Rico its independence and also let Guam, American Samoa and the US Virgin Islands go too. I would be in favor of also shedding pointless states like Wyoming and the Dakotas, but we can keep them to at least maintain all our continental territories.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The US should drop some of its states and territories
Posted by: Trump/Truman were right ()
Date: May 15, 2022 09:47PM

We should have bought Greenland just to have a buffer against Russia or any future hostile actor in Europe.

Puerto Rico should go independent but we should set up some larger military outpost there and give them a protection guarantee.

We should boycott NATO until the Germans and French start paying a little more and acting a little more grateful.

Not much to gain by ditching the Dakotas, Wyoming etc. They have oil. Granting more autonomy to the Indian Reservations may have some benefits though.

Posted by: reform ()
Date: May 15, 2022 10:09PM

Trump/Truman were right Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> We should have bought Greenland just to have a
> buffer against Russia or any future hostile actor
> in Europe.
>
> Puerto Rico should go independent but we should
> set up some larger military outpost there and give
> them a protection guarantee.
>
> We should boycott NATO until the Germans and
> French start paying a little more and acting a
> little more grateful.
>
> Not much to gain by ditching the Dakotas, Wyoming
> etc. They have oil. Granting more autonomy to the
> Indian Reservations may have some benefits though.

My only concern with the Greenland deal is the money it would cost to maintain it. My reasons for not wanting to keep places like Hawaii, Alaska, PR, etc. around is because they all have mostly very poor inhabitants that require social services and welfare to survive and these places offer very little in return (accept for Alaska's oil). I have similar concerns with Greenland as it's mostly inuits who live off the Danish government.

I am all for keeping the Dakotas and Wyoming after further analysis and giving the Indian tribes more autonomy is intriguing. They are clearly neglected by the federal government and might be better prepared to care for their people if they did not have to rely on big gov.

Posted by: give up on putin ()
Date: May 15, 2022 10:17PM

I'm guessing you guys don't make enough rubles per day to feed your families. I really do feel for you Russians caught up in this.

Posted by: Greenland big but small ()
Date: May 15, 2022 10:28PM

I think Greenland has about 150,000 people there, which is negligible. Puerto Rico is in the millions.

I don't think the residents of Greenland would be much of a drag on us. And if we build an airbase there, we can throw bags of grain and some rations their way at little cost.

The Indians would have to agree to demilitarization and U.S. retaining control of their foreign trade. Other than that, they could profit big from unregulated lending, cannabis, gambling and this new thing every woman seems to want called abortion.

Posted by: Thought-provoking... ()
Date: May 15, 2022 11:22PM

Trade Mexico for Texas, Puerto Rico and Arizona.

The Mexicans would become American citizens and would no longer be trying to cross the border. Drug could more easily flow into America's black communities where whites go to buy drugs.

Texas, Puerto Rico and Arizona would be AWESOME as Mexico. Texas can't figure out snow, Arizona can't count, Puerto Rico's largest export is hip hop but we gots more hip hop than we know what to do with!

Posted by: Conservacucks hate Amerika ()
Date: May 16, 2022 10:41PM

You need to sign up for Russian amnesty

Posted by: Captain Marooner ()
Date: May 17, 2022 02:11PM

annnd return all BLM land to the States.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.