HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
The Stockmarket
Posted by: Investor ()
Date: February 28, 2009 12:11AM

DOW: 7,062.93 -119.15 -1.66%

Obama better cut this shit out. It's almost below 7,000. He's only been in office on month, and I've lost 6% of what I invested about two months ago. WTF is this guy's problem? What can we do in the meantime to make the situation better? I'm just pissed right now...we have a bunch of 18 year olds voting for Obama, people who don't have any experience or any money invested in the market. This is not a good situation.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Stockmarket
Posted by: dono ()
Date: February 28, 2009 07:59AM

you sir are an idiot.

Posted by: Vince(1) ()
Date: February 28, 2009 09:19AM

I guess you werent listening when he said things were going to get worse before they get better. I gues you werent listening when experts have said the economy is in a major transition...pick a winner you make money...pick a looser...you loose. So...invest at your own risk.

Posted by: trogdor! ()
Date: February 28, 2009 09:52AM

The smart money is out of the market. I figure in two months or less, the DJIA will be a 6,000.

This is no ordinary recession, and it's far from Obama's fault. I do think the spending eh..."stimulus" package will be as effective as putting $1 trillion (it's been about $2 trillion now, right?) on a bonfire.

The Iraq/Afghanistan war is costing so much money, at some point we had to feel that. Virtually all of our manufacturing jobs left the country over the last 20 years in the name of "free trade". That's what's going to make getting out of this thing very, very difficult.

Posted by: qwerty ()
Date: February 28, 2009 11:43AM

I was hanging in there until the results of last week. Now I'm getting out of the market and into CDs at my credit union to ride this out. I know I'm way late with this decision. At this point, its about preserving what's left and then getting back in when the economy is more stable. No one I've talked to in the business community is optimistic about 2009 or 2010 for that matter. You know its bad when everything looks and feels worse each day...

Posted by: HIJACKER ()
Date: February 28, 2009 12:13PM

If you have anything in the market - the most ignorant thing you can do is pull out and move the remaining money elsewhere. You're only securing your position on the loss. In due time as history has shown, it will eventually rebound. The question is will it take a month, 6 months, year, or even several years to do so.

Whatever you have in the market - leave in the market and ride out the bumps. I'm assuming the majority of you didn't put in place stop/loss markers on your investments and keep moving that bar up as your investments went up. By doing this, if anything takes a huge drop - it will cash out automatically on the marker you set.

The remaining money I have in the market were on high risk investments - focused more with Freddie and Fannie. I can't cash them out now - so I'm just going to hang on for the ride. Everything else, I have pulled out since September on long term investments.

Posted by: Vince(1) ()
Date: February 28, 2009 01:23PM

Well HIJACKER I doubt this will make you feel any better but I am in the same boat as you...I hope you are correct.

Posted by: Investor ()
Date: February 28, 2009 02:10PM

I have about 40 years to retirement. I guess things will workout.

If it doesn't, and the DOW goes back to the 2,000-3,000 range, ALL OUR MONEY will be worth crap anyway, so you might as well take a chance and gamble. Either it goes up (making you money) or it goes down to the point of crash and revolution...in that case, stock on on cookbooks from the Weimar Republic era

HIJACKER Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If you have anything in the market - the most
> ignorant thing you can do is pull out and move the
> remaining money elsewhere. You're only securing
> your position on the loss. In due time as history
> has shown, it will eventually rebound. The
> question is will it take a month, 6 months, year,
> or even several years to do so.
>
> Whatever you have in the market - leave in the
> market and ride out the bumps. I'm assuming the
> majority of you didn't put in place stop/loss
> markers on your investments and keep moving that
> bar up as your investments went up. By doing
> this, if anything takes a huge drop - it will cash
> out automatically on the marker you set.
>
> The remaining money I have in the market were on
> high risk investments - focused more with Freddie
> and Fannie. I can't cash them out now - so I'm
> just going to hang on for the ride. Everything
> else, I have pulled out since September on long
> term investments.

Posted by: trogdor! ()
Date: March 01, 2009 12:14PM

HIJACKER Wrote:
>
> market and ride out the bumps.

I'm not trying to scare anyone so take this with a grain of salt if you will (I do have a significant background in economics for what that's worth.). Last year, about Jan-feb of 2008, I got out of the market...completely cashed out. At the time, everyone said it was a foolish move, as there were no signs of real trouble...just a few 'sub-prime' mortgages going bad. The market seemed to be doing well, and for a while after I left, actually went up...which left me to be ridiculed by my colleagues as a scardy cat.

Since that time, they've all lost 20-40%. Some of them who were invested heavily in real estate derivatives and bank stocks have lost almost everything. They're now all in that "well, we've ridden the wave down this long" hole that many investors are in right now. What to do?

From what I can see, the American economy (and thus, most of the world's) is fundamentally damaged. About 15-20 years ago, the US became convinced that we could have a completely service based economy and that we no longer needed to get our hand's dirty with manufacturing. We were very wrong. People who chose to remain in the market should be fully prepared (IMHO) to ride this thing out for at least 2-5 years. I think it will take at least that long. Even then, I'm uncertain how we're going to get out.

Cash is not all that safe either, as I believe within the next year or so, we'll start seeing inflation coming up fast. To be honest, the whole thing scares the shit out of me. Some of my colleagues joke about citizens storming their local governments with pitchforks and torches.

I'm starting to wonder if If maybe there are any pitchfork and torch stocks out there.....

Posted by: Gerrymanderer2 ()
Date: July 16, 2015 08:19PM

Investor Wrote:
> DOW: 7,062.93 -119.15 -1.66%
>
> Obama better cut this shit out. It's almost below
> 7,000. He's only been in office on month, and I've
> lost 6% of what I invested about two months ago.
> WTF is this guy's problem? What can we do in the
> meantime to make the situation better? I'm just
> pissed right now...we have a bunch of 18 year olds
> voting for Obama, people who don't have any
> experience or any money invested in the market.
> This is not a good situation.

Would love to know how you're doing now. Have you thanked your 18 year olds?

Posted by: kledjhgh ()
Date: July 16, 2015 08:23PM

GerrTard digging up old threads to deflect that one of his Islam brothers proved once again that Muslims are goat-fucking meurderous pieces of shit.

Date: July 16, 2015 08:24PM

HIJACKER Wrote:
>
> market and ride out the bumps. I'm assuming the
> majority of you didn't put in place stop/loss
> markers on your investments and keep moving that
> bar up as your investments went up. By doing
> this, if anything takes a huge drop - it will cash
> out automatically on the marker you set.
>
> The remaining money I have in the market were on
> high risk investments - focused more with Freddie
> and Fannie. I can't cash them out now - so I'm
> just going to hang on for the ride. Everything
> else, I have pulled out since September on long
> term investments.

Wheres this guy now. Knew his shit.

Posted by: Get with the program ()
Date: July 16, 2015 08:24PM

kledjhgh Wrote:
> GerrTard digging up old threads to deflect that
> one of his Islam brothers proved once again that
> Muslims are goat-fucking meurderous pieces of
> shit.

Get with the program!

The stock market hit 18,300 today! Zooweee!

Bask in the Obama glow!

Posted by: bEXCn ()
Date: July 17, 2015 01:58PM

When it tumbles, we'll post the low point again on this thread but have a nice summer, nonetheless.

Date: July 17, 2015 02:03PM

bEXCn Wrote:
> When it tumbles, we'll post the low point again on
> this thread but have a nice summer, nonetheless.

Except we never said it wont tumble. Rightards are the negative fear mongerers that like to talk in absolutes.

Posted by: cdXMw ()
Date: July 17, 2015 02:22PM

Gerrymanderer2 Wrote:
> Rightards are
> the negative fear mongerers that like to talk in
> absolutes.

This right here reduced to the stickiest of the sticky. Now I know why I hate these glass always half empty motherfuckers.

Posted by: left turn clyde ()
Date: July 18, 2015 01:30PM

Gerrymanderer2 Wrote:
> bEXCn Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > When it tumbles, we'll post the low point again
> on
> > this thread but have a nice summer,
> nonetheless.
>
> Except we never said it wont tumble. Rightards are
> the negative fear mongerers that like to talk in
> absolutes.

Exactly. I was lucky enough to profit big time on that last "tumble". Only thing I did wrong was to cash in on my stocks 4 months ago. You got to love rightards though, their ignorance and fear is what makes my kind of investing possible.
Last time the dow hit rock bottom I threw in $200,000 and lordy how the money rolled in.

Date: July 18, 2015 01:47PM

Rightards invest in gold hoping the country collapses. Thats their investment. Lmao. Just think about that for a second.

Posted by: Pretends to be a high roller ()
Date: July 18, 2015 06:28PM

Gerrymanderer2 Wrote:
> Rightards invest in gold hoping the country
> collapses. Thats their investment. Lmao. Just
> think about that for a second.

^ Puts a fake Muscular Dystrophy Association jar next to the cash register and keeps the money.

Posted by: lolrightardsss ()
Date: July 18, 2015 07:05PM

Gerrymanderer2 Wrote:
> Rightards invest in gold hoping the country
> collapses. Thats their investment. Lmao. Just
> think about that for a second.

Keep it up rightards:

dow-vs-gold-1970-2014.png

Posted by: thanks Obama!! ()
Date: November 28, 2015 12:29PM

Investor Wrote:
>

Obama made me so fucking rich!!

Posted by: neocontards! LOLZ! ()
Date: November 28, 2015 07:13PM

Investor Wrote:
>

DOW doubles on Obama's watch! what's a poor neocontard to do?

Posted by: bmxXU ()
Date: November 28, 2015 07:26PM

the above graph is a lie if you use "investment information" walstreet feeds you your feeding on turds

there are multiple problems. the total supply, the total number of mines producing, the users of gold and what it's used for (it's margins of utility)

WORSE: if there's a "adjustment" the history charts DO NO SHOW IT

for example: if NYSE splits microsoft stock in half to double "apparent magnitude" of share value (the true value remains equal), an NYSE or "day trader software" will show you a huge spike in value: it wont' show you a split and that's one of the many scams they are doing. it also won't show you "lock outs" (buying and selling only inside NYC'ers can do until they "allow you")

i could go on and on. NYSE is a problem but the last thing you should do is feel sorry for them. look at how they spend it and you'd be thinking jailtime rather than forgiveness

Posted by: yvGTU ()
Date: November 28, 2015 07:31PM

NEVER FORGET the Great IRA RAID of 2008

1/2 of all USA's IRA savings (that's all savings of everyone who was being paid in the USA - and to save a $1 you have to spend $$$ - so half means a SHITLOAD and nothing less) DISSAPEARED during obama - when he hired a spic an nigga women to lead the treasury infact (they are still there)

NYSE gave nothing more that a +-1 pt. day trading excuse for 1/2 of all IRA missing

(the other huge crash was Bill Clinton whitewater "real estate crash" even trump got hit. due to auto signing bad loans for quick profit, they leave town and country never backed the failed loans - WHICH IS HIGHLY ILLEGAL, if you loan you have to back the loan)

Posted by: wXMcm ()
Date: November 28, 2015 07:34PM

wasn't the "great recession" (technically a depression) also during obama, at the tail of afghanistan war spending?

yes it was. but obama borrowed AND SPENT $9 trillion (not on investment: on losses the $9 trillion went) and it WAS NO ON A WAR.

ask them to be accountable to where it went and why? they'll point weapons at you.

Posted by: THMeF ()
Date: November 28, 2015 07:41PM

Dear reader,

There are smart ways to invest. Maybe some accountant can help you decide where money is a safe bet for retirement planning: maybe they'd steer you wrong for a quick inside trade.

What you CANNOT do is go to democrat obama school, read books on communism and day trading 501c consumption loss factors: you cannot read school books and be safe with money. You cannot trust what "newly revised gov friendly" books teach. Nor do you have time for "1,000,000" questions.

What you cannot do is operate on information NYSE or CEOs feed you.

You should not steal loans and grants.

You owe it to the country and yourself to be a step above counterfeiting and seeking goverment approval of "spending".

Posted by: 0q9utn b ()
Date: November 29, 2015 10:02PM

The plan was to control the markets until the next election determines which party gets in. If not the sociocoms, the losing cabal will take all the props out from underneath and let finally just let it crash, so that all of the those masses of population affected will naturally blame the next party in power. Legal Provisions for a gubermint takeover of the wealth stored in IRA's already exists. The only way it can be done without anyone knowing how is for them to quietly pull out all the props, allowing the whole house of cards collapse and the stack of dominos will fall of its own accord. Thats why there is a constant drama ongoing for the last 4 years about the Fed raising rates but it never does. It keeps the market sine wave going as if in a "new normal" channelling configuration. It crashes, the Fed puts off a rate rise, and it takes off again and again. Watch out for next year!

Posted by: warren buffet of ffxu. ()
Date: November 29, 2015 10:07PM

qwerty Wrote:
> I was hanging in there until the results of last
> week. Now I'm getting out of the market and into
> CDs at my credit union to ride this out. I know
> I'm way late with this decision. At this point,
> its about preserving what's left and then getting
> back in when the economy is more stable. No one
> I've talked to in the business community is
> optimistic about 2009 or 2010 for that matter.
> You know its bad when everything looks and feels
> worse each day...

Typical dumb ass, buy high and sell low. You sold at the worst possible time you could.

how-to-bet-against-a-stock-20-638.jpg?cb

Posted by: nowhere is safe ()
Date: November 30, 2015 06:24AM

Stocks- meh. I just throw everything in proven funds (Vanguard, Fidelity, TIAA-CREF, etc) and LET IT RIDE. So far, so good!

Just remember a house is a place to live, not an investment or ATM! This is why so many people are short now!!! Just wait until the interest rates go up again and the actual price of homes drop.

My question- who will be able to afford all the houses the "boomers" will want to sell at exorbitant prices?? They think they can sell their mc-mansions at the prices they paid for them ($500k+)= who is around to buy them at that price when millenials can barely afford rent on an apartment on top of their student loans (another scam), MANDATORY obamacare (yes more scammning), etc???

Only way to make money in houses these days- buy a cheap place renovate a little and rent it out (if you can find someone to rent it!) even then it takes like 8-9 months of rent to even break even, so the profit margins are slim- slimmer if you have to do repairs if the tenants damage the place!!!

Thats why I say "nowhere is safe"!!!

Focus on you and your family- get a safe and secure home for them, eat well, and live comfy! You don't need that new flatscreen, tablet, etc if the ones you have work fine! Why do you need a 2016 car when the 2007 still runs well?? Consumerism/needless spending "keeping up with the Joneses" is what is destroying things now as it is!!

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.