HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Is intentionally coughing on someone assault?
Posted by: wonderzzz ()
Date: May 22, 2020 06:07PM

videos of the Trumptards attacking others by coughing on them on purpose with malice -assault? Id be sorely tempted to punch them in the face. Would that be legit self defense?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Is intentionally coughing on someone assault?
Posted by: WHHUF ()
Date: May 22, 2020 06:16PM

You'd have a good argument. The punch should be immediate, not 30 seconds later while the guy is not coughing on you because the punch needs to be for the purpose of getting him away from you. You would need to stay at the scene. Tell the cops that you were trying to get the guy away from you. Hope that any video supports that. You might get charged anyway but with a decent lawyer the charges would probably be dropped. If the charges weren't dropped, you'd probably get acquitted but that would be $15,000 in legal fees later. Using violence, even if it makes you feel good at the time, is always a risky option and should only be used if there is no other option.

Posted by: opinion ()
Date: May 22, 2020 06:19PM

I think they could be charged with assault but if your defense was self defense you would have to prove you had no opportunity to remove yourself from the threat. By punching someone you would actually be increasing the threat. It would be interesting if you were with an elderly or infirm friend or relative and stated you were protecting them. In that case you would have to prove you believed the attacking/coughing person was not stopping and making a continued effort to infect you and the vulnerable party.

It is possible you could win but it would be better simply to sustain the insult and get away from the person. I do think this will become a common complaint in courts going forward.

Posted by: EDNHE ()
Date: May 22, 2020 06:23PM

opinion Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think they could be charged with assault but if
> your defense was self defense you would have to
> prove you had no opportunity to remove yourself
> from the threat. By punching someone you would
> actually be increasing the threat. It would be
> interesting if you were with an elderly or infirm
> friend or relative and stated you were protecting
> them. In that case you would have to prove you
> believed the attacking/coughing person was not
> stopping and making a continued effort to infect
> you and the vulnerable party.
>
> It is possible you could win but it would be
> better simply to sustain the insult and get away
> from the person. I do think this will become a
> common complaint in courts going forward.

I agree with that too. I think the OP was trying to figure out how to punch the guy and get away with it, and actually I approve of that. Fucker like that should be punched. Hard. I think that if you can push someone away you can punch them away. You don't know what's behind you, and backing off is not necessarily an option. Getting him the fuck away, and neutralizing him in case he decides to sneeze on you again could be the most reasonable option.

Posted by: Caller of BS ()
Date: May 22, 2020 06:26PM

OP is full of shit. Everyone knows libtards are nothing but pussies who are very tough when sitting in the parents basement behind a keyboard, but run away like the little bitches they are at the first sign of trouble

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.