HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
How is it working out for Phil Leiser using Starbucks as a makeshift office?
Posted by: Leiser Law Firm LOLs ()
Date: January 01, 2020 08:41PM

I live in The Little City and see Phil posted up at the Starbucks on W. Broad street quite often hard at work with stacks upon stacks of documents. Do his clients know this and do they care? I have to hand it to Phillip, he always seems chipper and happy combing through his files and presumably taking client calls at the coffee shop. Many would be discouraged after taking that huge L in the courtroom from a career community college student. Phillip’s craft appears to be a labor of love.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How is it working out for Phil Leiser using Starbucks as a makeshift office?
Posted by: why not use his office? ()
Date: January 01, 2020 08:49PM

Don't he and his wife still have an office in Fairfax? Or is Phil not attached to that enterprise anymore?

Re: How is it working out for Phil Leiser using Starbucks as a makeshift office?
Posted by: Reasons ()
Date: January 01, 2020 08:55PM

why not use his office? Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Don't he and his wife still have an office in
> Fairfax? Or is Phil not attached to that
> enterprise anymore?

I believe they didn’t renew the lease on their office.

Posted by: but their website still says.... ()
Date: January 01, 2020 09:01PM

and where is karen working?

Posted by: idea for Phil ()
Date: January 01, 2020 09:08PM

Phil and eesh should team up and form a new firm. Eesh and Phil could learn a lot from one another. They could even hire Meade to dress up in some costume like Patrick Henry or something and do commercials, and wear a sandwich board while walking up and down the street in front of their office or Starbucks.

Posted by: starban enterprises? ()
Date: January 01, 2020 09:12PM

+ Ben Leiser = Starbenlieser enterprises.

So phil's upbeat? Guess he's happy to be rid of the wife....

Posted by: Bat45 ()
Date: January 01, 2020 09:13PM

but their website still says.... Wrote:
> and where is karen working?

The website also says David Trinnes and Jeffrey Saradar are still working with the firm when that hasn’t been the case in over 3-4 years.

Posted by: Tricky Eesh ()
Date: January 01, 2020 09:15PM

idea for Phil Wrote:
> Phil and eesh should team up and form a new firm.
> Eesh and Phil could learn a lot from one another.
> They could even hire Meade to dress up in some
> costume like Patrick Henry or something and do
> commercials, and wear a sandwich board while
> walking up and down the street in front of their
> office or Starbucks.

I don’t know if this is the case in Virginia, but in some states it is possible to take the bar exam and if passed practice law without a law degree, someone more knowledgeable can chime in and let us know if that’s lawful in the commonwealth. If so, that’s Eesh’s in.

Posted by: Perfect ()
Date: January 01, 2020 09:19PM

Tricky Eesh Wrote:
> idea for Phil Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Phil and eesh should team up and form a new
> firm.
> > Eesh and Phil could learn a lot from one
> another.
> > They could even hire Meade to dress up in some
> > costume like Patrick Henry or something and do
> > commercials, and wear a sandwich board while
> > walking up and down the street in front of
> their
> > office or Starbucks.
>
>
> I don’t know if this is the case in Virginia,
> but in some states it is possible to take the bar
> exam and if passed practice law without a law
> degree, someone more knowledgeable can chime in
> and let us know if that’s lawful in the
> commonwealth. If so, that’s Eesh’s in.

Yes Virginia allows it. It is known as "reading law" and the individual needs to work with a practicing attorney which is perfect. However at some point eesh will simply run out of community college classes to take and he will have to move on to university and eventually law school. Until then, eesh and Phil can be happy campers!

Posted by: more details ()
Date: January 01, 2020 09:22PM

Reading law requires, I think, 3 years of being sort of an "apprentice" to a practicing attorney and self-study. Then they take the bar exam.

Posted by: eesh can be phil's apprentice? ()
Date: January 01, 2020 09:25PM

Be funny if miz comes in to see phil about suing Loudon Co, or his sister, or Chuck E Cheese, or FFU, and there's eesh waiting to assist him!

Posted by: Reading Law ()
Date: January 01, 2020 09:30PM

Under the tutelage of a attorney admitted to the Virginia Bar, I once did it but had to hit the bar too often LOL

DAJAX And you don't even have to go to high school I did but just made it bty the skin of my teeth . Really people that's the way it should be nationwide, to hell with the pompous BS degree that means nothing I think Dentists should be trained in a trade school. WTF Barbers once were dentists, all overkill to keep the money in the family . Doctors MD are another thing that's a real profession that takes 10 years to get licensed and that's just a start other then shrinks and the like , Gypsy's can do a better job or palm readers a lot cheaper too.

Posted by: eesh is smart enough ()
Date: January 01, 2020 09:32PM

and I think his 295 credits from community college should count as at least a master's degree in any case.

Posted by: A Little Soothing Gypsy Music ()
Date: January 01, 2020 09:40PM

Posted by: Make no mistake ()
Date: January 01, 2020 09:42PM

eesh is smart enough Wrote:
> and I think his 295 credits from community college
> should count as at least a master's degree in any
> case.

Although Leiser is a shit attorney, it’s near impossible for a pro se party to successfully win a case even with extensive knowledge of the law. Eesh must have spent 100 hours of not more at the law library reading up on all the laws applicable to the case. Eesh was even mentioned in a legal journal for his remarkable work defending himself. Eesh has accomplished more as a layman than most 3 and 4Ls do with expert tutelage and extensive experience in mock courts.

Posted by: eesh is persistent. and smart. ()
Date: January 01, 2020 09:50PM

Guy becomes an offical lawyer, I'd hire him if the right job came along...

Posted by: Garbed ()
Date: January 01, 2020 10:24PM

We have enough gay lawyers around.

Posted by: fine. a gay lawyer. ()
Date: January 01, 2020 10:32PM

phil probably needs at least one gay one to fulfill some sort of affirmative action quota or other

Posted by: karen got an award this year ()
Date: January 01, 2020 10:42PM

Posted by: phil didn't ()
Date: January 01, 2020 10:43PM

Posted by: self promotion ()
Date: January 01, 2020 11:05PM

karen got an award this year Wrote:
> https://www.martindale.com/mclean/virginia/karen-a
> -leiser-4096606-a/

Both of Karen's client reviews sound like they could have come from Karen representing herself pro se. She had to evict Phil from their house when it was being foreclosed, and handle her own acrimonious divorce. Self-promotion is yet another thing Karen has in common with Meade. They should just move in together.
Attachments:
karen self promotions.png

Posted by: karen and meade a no-go ()
Date: January 01, 2020 11:08PM

Karen is trying to get back on her feet financially, and needs someome who brings a bit more to the table money-wise than meade. A salary, a 401k, a savings account, something...

Posted by: EML ()
Date: January 02, 2020 02:09PM

"Though the case itself dragged on for months" It is amazing how often I will hear that from people talking about their cases. More often than not what it means is that the client went into the case with unrealistic expectations. In divorce cases those unrealistic expectations are most likely to stem from what it would take to resolve the case.

Good attorneys will provide their clients at the outset with an honest appraisal of what the client is likely to get and what it will take for them to get it. In divorce cases that appraisal would include a warning that even if the client was willing to enter into a reasonable settlement right away, the other party or the other party's attorney might not be. When this happens it can take months of hard expensive litigating to make the opposing party or his attorney see reason. The client should be told this up front.

There are also times when it is the attorney's own client who is not being reasonable. In law you never say never. Opposing parties have been known to end up accepting ridiculously low settlement offers or pay ridiculously high settlement demands. With the right facts judges have been known to stray from the norms. Attorneys will not usually tell their clients they are being unreasonable in their expectations, but good attorneys will tell their clients that what they expect are outside the norm, and that it will likely take longer and cost more if they want to pursue that result.

The client should not be surprised about how long a case would take or what it would cost. If my client posted "the case itself dragged on for months" then I would feel I had not done my job of providing my client an honest analysis of what to expect.

Posted by: where is karen working? ()
Date: January 02, 2020 09:57PM

Is it true she and her assistants are working out of the studio apartment she shares with her two kids? Because, that would get really crowded!
I worry for karen's welfare.

Posted by: Starbuck ()
Date: February 19, 2020 09:18PM

Does Phil still work out of the Starbucks?

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.