HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
This is Meade’s surest bet at becoming financially independent and gainfully employed
Posted by: Ffxu business planner ()
Date: February 18, 2020 08:11PM

https://www.chick-fil-a.com/franchising/franchise

Meade needs to find a golden goose and quick if he doesn’t want to become homeless and eating dog food in retirement when his father leaves this world for the next. Chick fil a startup costs just $10k. I’m this economy, any shmuck can go to a bank and get a business loan for that much. Meade’s also got restaurant experience and the southern “charm” to go with it that makes one have a genuine experience at this chain. Based off the data I collected, owning one of these should net Meade $200k earnings a year. If Meade can somehow overcome his poor work ethic and start saving aggressively, there may be hope for him.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: This is Meade’s surest bet at becoming financially independent and gainfully employed
Posted by: Google says no ()
Date: February 18, 2020 08:13PM

On paper maybe if Meade were a normal person, but Meade has awful social skills and cannot manage himself let alone a team of fast food workers.

Re: This is Meade’s surest bet at becoming financially independent and gainfully employed
Posted by: there's an application process ()
Date: February 18, 2020 08:17PM

Granted, you don't need much $ to get into the Chick-Fil-A game, but they are alleged to be VERY selective regarding who gets a franchise.

Any process that is 'very selective' obviates meade's involvement.

Posted by: CFP/CPA ()
Date: February 18, 2020 09:53PM

Any loan officer who would approve a business loan from Meade without at least a co signer should be fired . Does Meade even have a credit score?

Posted by: One thing for sure ()
Date: February 18, 2020 10:29PM

CFP/CPA Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Any loan officer who would approve a business loan
> from Meade without at least a co signer should be
> fired . Does Meade even have a credit score?

He has his name on one of his dad's credit cards.

Does that contribute to his credit score?

Posted by: Bedz ()
Date: February 18, 2020 10:57PM

One thing for sure Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> CFP/CPA Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Any loan officer who would approve a business
> loan
> > from Meade without at least a co signer should
> be
> > fired . Does Meade even have a credit score?
>
>
> He has his name on one of his dad's credit cards.
>
> Does that contribute to his credit score?

It would, but a five minute conversation would tell a loan officer all they’d need to know about Meade’s ability to pay the loan back.

“So what do you do for a living?”

Meade; “im an up and coming musician by trade, but I work at chick fil a as a dancing cow “

“Oh umm, okay. How many hours do you work?”

Meade: “ about four a week. Sometimes six if I’m feeling really motivated”

“ uhh, k. Do you have a business plan?”

Meade: “what’s that?”

Posted by: Good Luck with That ()
Date: February 18, 2020 11:06PM

1) Where would Meade be able to get this franchise? I'm sure all the good areas are already owned. When you buy a franchise you are purchasing a geo-graphical in circle miles, not a storefront. You can't say oh the corner of 5th and X street doesn't have a Chik-Fil-A so I'll put mine there.

2) Well known franchises are extremely selective and you have to know somebody already associated for any profitable area.

3) Chik-Fil-A closed a number of places this year so it could be buying into a franchise that is going under.

4) You have to get local licenses and permits. Those permits are not easy to get.

Posted by: loan interview cont'd... ()
Date: February 18, 2020 11:07PM

Meade: My ancestor came over on the mayflower and married pocahontas, so Ah'm entitled to a loan. Also, someday I will be on national tv.

Loan Officer: Do you have any assets at all?

Meade: We have a house, and there's a reverse mortgage on it so we also have money!

Posted by: Left Side Right ()
Date: February 18, 2020 11:16PM

Loan officer: What asset can be used as collateral for the loan?

Meade: I have a vinyl record collection, an old organ, a pet parrot, a webcam and MAGA hat.

Posted by: look - it doesn't cost much ()
Date: February 18, 2020 11:20PM

But CFA is very selctive about who actualyl GETS a franchise.

From their website

You might be a great fit with Chick-fil-A if you:

Are looking for a full-time, “hands-on” business opportunity.
Have a proven track record in business leadership.
Have successfully managed your personal finances.
Are a results-oriented self-starter interested in starting and growing a business.
Are prepared to have no other active business venture.

Meade's gonna have a problem meeting some of those criteria.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.