HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
How did America get so Divided? How did we get to where we are politically?
Posted by: The Eagle sheds Tears ()
Date: January 17, 2020 11:24PM

On the Eve of the great Virginia Gun Rally, which could could potentially spell the first shots or the beginning of the 2nd American Civil, it may be prudent to ask and understand, how did we get here? Obviously, nothing comes about nothing, and something, or some people had created actions or rolling the ball in the direction that we have been heading for quite some time.

I do believe now that the division didn't come about with just Donald Trump, as one liberal myth suggests, but it began with presidents before him, namely under the Obama Presidency and the rise of Tea Partiers just to begin with. Trump, later may have expanded upon them and exploited them, taking advantage of the divisions that we're already heading that way.

Whatever the libtards and haters may say, I feel that we are, and should forever be, one nation, or so help me God!

Please explore the history, ideas, and chronology of explaining how we got here, in order to solve the puzzle of putting back together or possibly healing our fractured nation. I have included cases from the two prevailing sides to look over at your convenience. I personally feel that one should make time to view both.

How Obama created Divisions in America: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnMBYMOTwEs

How Trump created Divisions in America: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5vyDPN19ww&t=376s

There are many forces that wish to see us crushed within: negligence, laziness, ignorance, historical disdain, corruption, and boredom, just to name a few. Even on this site, which tries to be bad as the forces that see personally as being evil or "bad", I simply ask you to take faith in your country and uphold its ideals going forward, even to a bitter fate.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How did America get so Divided? How did we get to where we are politically?
Posted by: predates Obama ()
Date: January 17, 2020 11:39PM

'libtard' here, with a few thoughts

I think the current toxicity (and if you study history closely, American politics have always been pretty fucking ugly) dates back to the early '70s and the political assassination of Nixon. Yes, though I am a Dem, I really think that impeachment was uncalled for. Guy should have been censured and told to quit the dirty tricks and get back to running the nation, which he was in fact doing very well.

The GOP never got over this, and I'm not sure I entirely blame them.

It grew worse in the 90s when the neocons flat out refused to accept that Clinton was their president.

A contested election in 2000 didn't help, especially when the newly-crowned Pres promptly stumbled us into a protracted and unpopular war.

After 2008, the Dems rammed through a few things that didn't go over well with conservatives - socialized medicine, gay marriage, legal pot. Having gotten these, they should have expected a resultant turn to the right, and could have been a bit more gracious about letting conservatives take the wheel for a while

And then of course there are fiscal issues. Each succeeding president inherits a higher national debt from the previous pres, giving him a more difficult budgetary challenge and an increasing inability to give the good people the nice things they want.

But don't blame Obama or Trump - each of them inherited a poisoned chalice.

Re: How did America get so Divided? How did we get to where we are politically?
Posted by: LBJjob ()
Date: January 17, 2020 11:41PM

LBJ signed the Civil rights act back in 1964. Because he was a Democrat, the Demotards claimed a moral superiority over the Republican's and it has been all down hill since then.
Attachments:
oied.png

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.