HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Car dealers should have to show their documentation fees, big and bold right on building and in ads
Posted by: Car dealers fuck you ()
Date: January 08, 2020 10:10AM

These dealers are fucking you, I see some doc fees as high as $700, I know some states have limits but some do not.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Car dealers should have to show their documentation fees, big and bold right on building and in ads
Posted by: craig lister ()
Date: January 08, 2020 10:23AM

Agreed its absurd. That said, I purchased a used car off craigslist Saturday and had to go to DMV to get plates, title, registration - line out the door and it took 95 minutes at DMV and 20 min driving for a total of 115 of my time. Took me 5 min to print out a temp tag on Sat so 120 minutes of my time all told.

I like to buy from individuals as its cheaper but there is a hassle factor. The best part of skipping the dealer is how quickly you can buy the car - that took only about an hour including test drive, inspection and going to the bank with them.

I wouldnt pay more than 300 buck processing fee to a dealer.

Re: Car dealers should have to show their documentation fees, big and bold right on building and in ads
Posted by: Fucking themselves ()
Date: January 08, 2020 10:24AM

They are fucking themselves with sub prime car loans. That’s the next bubble and I cannot wait for it to pop. Pretty soon no one making north of a million will be able to afford luxury vehicles.

Posted by: Blinky ()
Date: January 08, 2020 10:37AM

It at the dealer for hours, u finally find the car, the u sit with 2 others, the u get the total, and ur like, why so much, u see all these bullshit fees, and a doc fee of $700...so u waste all this time, find a cool car and u just say fuck it, I’ll pay the doc fee...Years ago, I would call the dealer and ask their fees before going, they were offended and tried to get around it
You just bought a new car from these scumbags, u would think they wouldn’t charge so much or even just drop the fee

Posted by: bidding yo ()
Date: January 08, 2020 10:50AM

Blinky Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It at the dealer for hours, u finally find the
> car, the u sit with 2 others, the u get the total,
> and ur like, why so much, u see all these bullshit
> fees, and a doc fee of $700...so u waste all this
> time, find a cool car and u just say fuck it,
> I’ll pay the doc fee...Years ago, I would call
> the dealer and ask their fees before going, they
> were offended and tried to get around it
> You just bought a new car from these scumbags, u
> would think they wouldn’t charge so much or even
> just drop the fee

Never ever wait in the dealer facility. Tell them to email you a sales contract, tell them you will negotiate over the phone from a place convenient to you. Coffee shop will do. Confirm terms on the phone and tell them they will have 60 minutes to deliver the paperwork and vehicle or you will buy another specific car at the competition. Tell them which car and which dealer you will buy from if they fail. You can bluff it but I prefer to have 2 sometimes 3 vehicles that I have test driven lined up. Also line up an inspection with your mechanic prior to buying the vehicle.

Posted by: educated consumer. ()
Date: January 08, 2020 11:40AM

Sounds like the OP wants the government to step in and regulate how car dealers do business. Sounds pretty anti-American.
As a consumer it is your job to research all the fees and decide weather or not you want to make the purchase.
People who buy a car and just take what the dealer gives them are only fucking themselves. Don't be so lazy, a car is a major expense in most cases. Do your homework. If you are so poor that you have to borrow money for a car you should be buying a older/cheaper car. I see people who make less than 100k a year buying new cars, that is so stupid!

Posted by: Frank Fucker ()
Date: January 08, 2020 05:55PM

You guys do not know how to buy a car.

Posted by: Kaksk ()
Date: January 08, 2020 05:57PM

bidding yo Wrote:
> Blinky Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > It at the dealer for hours, u finally find the
> > car, the u sit with 2 others, the u get the
> total,
> > and ur like, why so much, u see all these
> bullshit
> > fees, and a doc fee of $700...so u waste all
> this
> > time, find a cool car and u just say fuck it,
> > I’ll pay the doc fee...Years ago, I would
> call
> > the dealer and ask their fees before going,
> they
> > were offended and tried to get around it
> > You just bought a new car from these scumbags,
> u
> > would think they wouldn’t charge so much or
> even
> > just drop the fee
>
> Never ever wait in the dealer facility. Tell them
> to email you a sales contract, tell them you will
> negotiate over the phone from a place convenient
> to you. Coffee shop will do. Confirm terms on
> the phone and tell them they will have 60 minutes
> to deliver the paperwork and vehicle or you will
> buy another specific car at the competition. Tell
> them which car and which dealer you will buy from
> if they fail. You can bluff it but I prefer to
> have 2 sometimes 3 vehicles that I have test
> driven lined up. Also line up an inspection with
> your mechanic prior to buying the vehicle.

HA HA, this sounds like a hostage negotiation!

Posted by: Trumptards #1-5 ()
Date: January 08, 2020 06:05PM

educated consumer. Wrote:
> Sounds like the OP wants the government to step in
> and regulate how car dealers do business. Sounds
> pretty anti-American.
> As a consumer it is your job to research all the
> fees and decide weather or not you want to make
> the purchase.
> People who buy a car and just take what the dealer
> gives them are only fucking themselves. Don't be
> so lazy, a car is a major expense in most cases.
> Do your homework. If you are so poor that you have
> to borrow money for a car you should be buying a
> older/cheaper car. I see people who make less than
> 100k a year buying new cars, that is so stupid!

You dumb fuck, the point is, dealers never tell you the actual doc fee, there are 1-3 fees that don’t involve the car. They just feel, if u already decided on THE car, you will pay whatever the fuck they want on doc fees, I already said, I have called dealers to get doc fee amounts...they don’t want to say, once the word gets out, that one place charges $150 and another charges $700, they are fucked

AND THE GOVERNMENT, don’t get me started!!!
They government allows car manufacturers to do their own fuel economy ratings, cuz government is all backed up...the manufacturer fuel economy ratings for my manufacture have not been accurate in 7 years.
THEY ARE ALL OUT TOFUCK US

Posted by: There is a simple solution. ()
Date: January 08, 2020 08:00PM

Negotiate an "out the door price". That is the actual amount of dollars that you are going to pay, including cost, doc fees, title and taxes. Let them allocate the agreed upon price internally. It doesn't really matter to you if they allocate nothing to docs, $200 to docs of $1,000 to docs if it doesn't increase the amount you pay. The better dealers around here are able to do this, and in my experience many car salesmen are willing to do this as well.

There is only one fee that car dealers are legally required to add on to the car purchase price. That is the sales tax on a car that will be registered in Virginia. Every other item, including the gross receipts tax allocation that they allocate to the sale, is optional. So if they want to add additional fees to the cost of the car, then the cost of the car gets reduced by the same amount.

Posted by: Jeorge H Waters ()
Date: January 15, 2020 07:07AM

hey guys. Everything depends on the company. I worked with a car hauler which also provides aluminum laser services and I should say that the quality of the service was at the top level. So, many factors really depend on the company and that's why you should choose it properly to avoid disappointments.

Posted by: Car man ()
Date: January 15, 2020 08:53AM

I always buy used cars and pay cash. I pay cash for everything. Debt makes you weak. When I buy a car I tell them the price I'm going to pay and that's it. They either take it or not. I've never had them not take it.

Posted by: Big money ()
Date: January 15, 2020 09:13AM

Car man Wrote:
> I always buy used cars and pay cash. I pay cash
> for everything. Debt makes you weak. When I buy a
> car I tell them the price I'm going to pay and
> that's it. They either take it or not. I've never
> had them not take it.

I don’t fuck wit dat used shit, I pay cash new cars.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.