HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Which 4K TV set-top box do you use?
Posted by: fanni ()
Date: September 07, 2019 01:40AM

Which 4K TV set-top box do you use?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Which 4K TV set-top box do you use?
Posted by: saritt staff ()
Date: September 08, 2019 12:43AM

Such devices are called Android TV and it can be a set-top box or a key that connects to your TV. You can use this field to view video applications on demand, video sites and network TV shows. Although in my opinion using a prefix is much easier

Posted by: elvvin ()
Date: September 08, 2019 08:04AM

I purchased an Android TV 4K MAG425A device and am fully satisfied with its functionality. You will find more information about this device on https://www.infomir.eu/eng/products/android-stb/mag425A/ By the way, this device comes with the Infomir application package: Ministra Player, file manager MAGic Files, video player MAGic Player and audio player MAGic Audio. Which in itself is very convenient to use.

Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov gives Hillary Clinton (D-Imbecile) the middle finger in 2009. Hope & Change on full display!
Posted by: Obama Russian Reset Button FTMFW ()
Date: September 08, 2019 01:30PM

elvvin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I purchased an Android TV 4K MAG425A device and am
> fully satisfied with its functionality. You will
> find more information about this device on
> https://www.infomir.eu/eng/products/android-stb/ma
> g425A/ By the way, this device comes with the
> Infomir application package: Ministra Player, file
> manager MAGic Files, video player MAGic Player and
> audio player MAGic Audio. Which in itself is very
> convenient to use.

Hey, I have one of those. It's awesome! This is the default wallpaper that the background screen comes with

Posted by: fuck you rich boy ()
Date: September 08, 2019 03:37PM

4k is good for TV i still have a CRT tube

4k is questionable for computers. good for programmers and data jammers. terrible for graphics and pictures

4k DOESN'T HAVE ANY CONTRAST to speak of

and without contrast you are all washed out - no detail. more pixels but they represent less data - photo wise and graphics wise. moreover - your paying 4k prices to compute that 4k data stream but getting 2k when compared to a CRT (which has near perfect contrast and 75hz refresh)

Posted by: fuck you rich boy ()
Date: September 08, 2019 04:00PM

you have another problem: gaming graphics (often SO much better than tv these days, the production efforts, costs, and value are "there")

i have a "mid range nvidia card" - it has ~ 75% of capability of "the best", a few models old and got it for a good price or i wouldn't have been able to afford it

i tried a 4k and returned it (actually due to lack of compatibility)

at 4k my card was smooth but i could not turn on "special effects" much

special effects are done on the card (not transferred through memory), making them a very efficient way to make a dull image into a more believable beautiful image (at, say, 60 fps)

the same card running at 1024x768 runs ok with "high" but not "ultra-high" special effects. it means i miss some detail in shadows but i'm pretty good.

the special effects are per frame and provide lighting and shadows and color

you can say "more detail at 4k" is good: but more 3d detail cannot make up for lost lighting and shadows - it looks allot more "fake"

--------------------
THE BOTTOM LINE

you need a beast of a video card to do graphics at 4k, a true beast, the latest

at 4k, with the latest video card, i estimate you'd have to NOT use all the special effects and be forced to ramp back to 2K to enable all special effects at very high level

you will not know this until too late - all the PC sites online are run by asians all lying to get you to fork out money - they will show you lusty graphics but they are made by systems with MULTIPLE video cards (are you bill gate's kid or something affording all that??)

youtube is a very bad guide - it has no way to show you what you'll really see and some are posted by asians

--------------------
SUMMARY

you might want to leave PC building to XBOX - you'll have more time to enjoy your games that way

set top? today's "set top" claim to run software and games.

WHAT CABLE COMPANY ARE YOU PLANNING ON STEALING CABLE FROM, MAY I ASK?

i haven't heard of a company that allows customers to "buy a set top"

Posted by: millenials are so stupid ()
Date: September 08, 2019 04:10PM

hqdefault.jpg

What are you going to do with a 4k tv? Watch CNN and CD Housewives at 4k? CD Housewives don't even take their clothes off.

And any good documentaries: are on youtube the cable companies refuse to pay to broadcast good education. They hate america they'd rather give a nigger who refuses to play football $60 million not to play OUT OF YOUR CABLE MONEY.

Millenials are soooo stupid.

Posted by: millenials are so stupid ()
Date: September 08, 2019 04:11PM

real-housewives-dc-cast.jpg

i mean DC Housewives.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.