HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
friggin massive fines for jammers
Posted by: who new ()
Date: June 12, 2014 09:52AM

i seen jammers recomended on this site. wtf? you get caught with one you could lose ur friggin house man. had no idea they where illegal

https://apps.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-12-347A1.pdf

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: friggin massive fines for jammers
Posted by: Alexander Graham Bell ()
Date: June 12, 2014 10:02AM

Yeah, if anything should be legalize, it's these things.

Posted by: EE ()
Date: June 12, 2014 12:49PM

The FCC caught that guy in FL because he left it on all the time and traveled with it over the same route at almost the same time for a couple of years. Of course, if it's stationary and on all the time, it might just take a month, depending on who you're affecting. Turn it on only when it's needed and then turn it off, at random times and in random places. Don't develop a pattern that can be followed.

Posted by: Gordon Blvd ()
Date: June 12, 2014 12:51PM

someone's using one around the Parkway split these days - dont know why...............

Posted by: jam this ()
Date: June 12, 2014 03:02PM

16 K fine for having one, 16 K for each time you use it. Not worth it for me. A guy at work got busted by his neighbor. He said he'd pay $500 (cost of the jammer) to piss off his neighbor but he ended up with over $24 K in fines. He who laughs last...

Posted by: frame ()
Date: June 12, 2014 05:31PM

Step #1 - obtain a jammer

Step #2 - set up the jammer in some prick's house

Step #3 - let loose the FCC hounds

Date: June 13, 2014 08:43AM

Problem is in obtaining the jammer. If you buy from a site that gets busted you're on the list of people they sold to and unless you've turned in your jammer per FCC rules you're still eligible for the 16 K minimum fine. It sucks.

Posted by: No Upside Here ()
Date: June 13, 2014 08:53AM

I'm not seeing a reason why any serious person would want to have a jammer in any case.

Date: June 13, 2014 09:52AM

Some people think they have the right to control other people... illegally. Max fine is 112 K, yep, THOUSAND and the "gee, I didn't know" isn't going to work with the FCC. Talk about your stupidity coming back to bite you in the ass... or wallet.

Posted by: reamer ()
Date: June 13, 2014 11:24AM

Asked a ffx co cop buddy of mine if this was true and he said yes, the FCC will come out on a single person call and the county will too so if you have a neighbor who is fucking with you bring both down on them but wait until the days add up so they get hit with the max fine. Heh heh heh

Posted by: joe2011 ()
Date: June 13, 2014 12:57PM

The Va state police actually have a few radar detector & jammer detectors. The put them in the cop car and if they get a signal they pull them over and search them. I don't think they have more than one or two though. But if the local cops or state police catch you they can't charge under federal law and its only a ticket with a small fines under Virginia law.

Posted by: reamer ()
Date: June 13, 2014 01:22PM

joe2011, I just read your post to my cop buddy and he calls BS. There is a crack down and the county or county police will contact the FCC and you're screwed.

Read the OP's attachment thoroughly. Since 911 calls can be blocked these things are no joke and there is no wiggle room.

But hey, go ahead and take your chances. Post back about what "small fine" you got.

Posted by: wassawahwah ()
Date: June 13, 2014 03:09PM

If I was in charge I then would just ban wide band jammers.

THat would be like if the entire FM band was jammed then send them to jail.

But if only a certain frequency was jammed then I would be ok with jammers being legal.

Posted by: Tom Petty said it best ()
Date: June 14, 2014 05:01AM

Tom Petty said all that needs to be said about this- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MeXNbV-7Z8

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.