HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pot is bad for you.
Posted by: Drugs are bad ()
Date: March 26, 2019 11:06AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Pot is bad for you.
Posted by: not for everyone ()
Date: March 26, 2019 11:11AM

Drugs are bad Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foxnews.com/healt
> h/marijuana-er-visits-climb-in-denver-study.amp

Its great for me but not for everyone. Many drunks become psycho too! Pot does not really lead to violence, it leads to Peace Out!!!!

Posted by: 60’s stoner dude ()
Date: March 26, 2019 11:31AM

Dude, that’s like man, a really far out groovy story. But it’s fake news, can you dig it?

Posted by: Shit make you crazy mon ()
Date: March 26, 2019 11:59AM

Posted by: YKUKW ()
Date: March 26, 2019 12:11PM

Making a thread that's just a link is a dick move.

Posted by: stoner guy ()
Date: March 26, 2019 12:33PM

I agree the oils and dabs are not good for you, stick to the actual plant.

Posted by: Stupid Sticks ()
Date: March 26, 2019 12:35PM

Anyone who can't tell that pot makes you stupid is either stoned or stupid to begin with.

Date: March 26, 2019 01:03PM

Stupid Sticks Wrote:
> Anyone who can't tell that pot makes you stupid is
> either stoned or stupid to begin with.

I'm probably a lot wealthier and smarter than you are.

126 IQ / 34 / $1.6M NW

Posted by: Yeah, you're a genius ()
Date: March 26, 2019 01:19PM

stoner guy Wrote:
> Stupid Sticks Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Anyone who can't tell that pot makes you stupid
> is
> > either stoned or stupid to begin with.
>
>
> I'm probably a lot wealthier and smarter than you
> are.
>
> 126 IQ / 34 / $1.6M NW

The fact that you'd post this stupid shit thinking that anyone gives a fuck shows that you're either stoned, stupid, or both.

Posted by: Snort coke its better ()
Date: March 26, 2019 01:22PM

Yeah, you're a genius Wrote:
> stoner guy Wrote:
> -----
> > Stupid Sticks Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Anyone who can't tell that pot makes you
> stupid
> > is
> > > either stoned or stupid to begin with.
> >
> >
> > I'm probably a lot wealthier and smarter than
> you
> > are.
> >
> > 126 IQ / 34 / $1.6M NW
>
>
> The fact that you'd post this stupid shit thinking
> that anyone gives a fuck shows that you're either
> stoned, stupid, or both.

The worst reefer addicts are the ones that think they are sophisticated...total losers

Posted by: Pot Use Permanently Lowers IQ ()
Date: March 26, 2019 01:30PM

Study Shows Heavy Adolescent Pot Use Permanently Lowers IQ

Marijuana smokers have long been characterized as dimwitted and slow. They tend to shrug off these stereotypes as artifacts of how they are when they're on the drug. If you've ever had the misfortune of enduring a pot smoker who takes you through the "beneficial" effects of marijuana on the brain, then you've likely wondered if the stereotype is true. As it turns out, it is.

A study more than thirty years in the making found that smoking marijuana permanently lowers intelligence, or IQ. Frequent pot smokers (even those who had given up marijuana) tended to have deficits in memory, concentration, and overall IQ. The reduction in IQ for those who smoked pot heavily prior to age 18 was most pronounced: an average of eight points. An eight point reduction in IQ is enough to have a significant, negative impact upon your life. To put it into context, consider that individuals with an IQ of 110 have an average net worth of $71,000 and individuals with an IQ of 120 have an average net worth of $128,000. It looks like smoking pot can lower your tax bracket.

What's significant about this research is that it was a longitudinal study: researchers followed and tested subjects from birth through to age 38, noting when and how frequently they picked up habits like drug use. Previous studies scrutinized marijuana use at a single point in time, which failed to eliminate the possibility that people with lower IQs are more likely to smoke pot. The longitudinal research provided a baseline IQ score for all subjects, which revealed changes in IQ scores as they picked up new habits, such as smoking pot.

By following subjects for decades, the researchers were able to measure the lasting effects of adolescent marijuana use (even after subjects gave up smoking pot). These effects last because the teenage brain is still developing at a rapid pace; myriad new pathways for thinking are formed during this period while others are weeded out. When teenagers expose their brains to a damaging substance like marijuana, the effects aren't just drastic...they're permanently etched into the brain. Indeed, the reduction in IQ from smoking marijuana regularly was much greater for those who started smoking as teenagers than those who started in adulthood.

While the study didn't measure the effects of marijuana upon teenagers' emotional intelligence, it's likely they are dire. Emotional intelligence (EQ) in teenagers lags behind their cognitive development. This explains why teenagers are so impulsive, emotional, and prone to risky behavior. Since teenagers' EQ develops much later than their IQ, this area of the brain is even more susceptible to the negative influences of marijuana.

Date: March 26, 2019 02:59PM

Heavy drug use among adolescents affects IQ?! Shocker, who would have thought!

Posted by: CHS ()
Date: March 26, 2019 04:11PM

A mysterious syndrome that makes marijuana users violently ill is starting to worry doctors

- A new study documented a sharp rise in emergency-room visits linked with marijuana following legalization in Colorado.

- One of the key drivers of the ER visits was a mysterious syndrome characterized by severe nausea and repeated vomiting.

- Little is known about the condition, called cannabinoid hyperemesis syndrome, or CHS.

- The only known way to cure CHS is to stop using marijuana. Researchers still aren't sure what causes it.

When she became so uncontrollably sick that she resorted to scalding her skin in a hot bath for the third time in a row, Mrs. X began to wonder whether it had something to do with smoking marijuana.

For nearly a decade, the Australian woman had experienced sudden and severe episodes of nausea and vomiting in connection with using the drug. Before that, she'd smoked safely for years, with no symptoms.

In 2004, a team of emergency-room physicians in Australia detailed her experience anonymously alongside a handful of similar cases in the same region that year. In nearly all those cases, the people described an illness that cropped up suddenly, often after decades of normal marijuana use. Piping hot baths were their only relief.

The Australian physicians dubbed it "cannabinoid hyperemesis syndrome," or CHS.

Though the Australians' report raised some red flags locally, most experts continued to think that cases like Mrs. X's were rare across the globe — until a spate of similar reports cropped up elsewhere.

Now, several recent studies from ER physicians across Europe and the US are suggesting that CHS could be a lot more common than previously thought.

The latest study was published on Monday by a team of clinicians in Colorado, where marijuana was legalized medically in 2009 and recreationally in 2014. In their study, which appeared in the journal Annals of Internal Medicine, the physicians described more than 2,500 cannabis-related ER visits to a large public hospital in the state from 2012 to 2016.

They found that stomach issues like nausea and vomiting were the main driver of the trips, even before psychiatric problems like intoxication and paranoia. And of those stomach issues, CHS was the most commonly reported problem and the top reason for the people to be booked at the hospital.

"To see that this was a leading reason for people coming to the ER, that was pretty striking," Andrew Monte, an associate professor of emergency medicine at UCHealth University of Colorado Hospital who led the study, told Business Insider.

"We have to do a better job of educating users on the fact that this phenomenon exists," he added.

Nora Volkow, the director of the National Institute on Drug Abuse, echoed Monte's concerns about cannabis and CHS in an editorial published with the study.

"We must recognize that the full range of potential adverse health consequences from cannabis consumption are not fully understood," she wrote.

Posted by: BEH ()
Date: March 26, 2019 06:29PM

Tylenol is much more dangerous.

Each year acetaminophen causes over 100,000 calls to poison control centers; 50,000 emergency room visits, 26,000 hospitalizations, and more than 450 deaths from liver failure. In addition, regular use of acetaminophen is linked to a higher likelihood of asthma, infertility, and hearing loss

www.greenmedinfo.com/blog/dangers-tylenol-it-time-fda-remove-it-market

Posted by: Cause and Effect ()
Date: March 26, 2019 06:33PM

Smoking weed does not cause one to be a loser.

Being a loser causes one to smoke weed.

Posted by: Marijuana, Gods Green Acre ()
Date: March 26, 2019 07:01PM

Cause and Effect Wrote:
> Smoking weed does not cause one to be a loser.
>
> Being a loser causes one to smoke weed.

Fuck you. If god didn’t want us to smoke it then he wouldn’t have planted it.

Posted by: Cause and Effect ()
Date: March 26, 2019 08:42PM

Marijuana, Gods Green Acre Wrote:
> Cause and Effect Wrote:
> -----
> > Smoking weed does not cause one to be a loser.
> >
> > Being a loser causes one to smoke weed.
>
> Fuck you. If god didn’t want us to smoke it then
> he wouldn’t have planted it.

Your post proves my point. "God planted it" . . . what are you, six years old?

Posted by: fv3ew ()
Date: March 27, 2019 10:40AM

if you didn't try marajuana and decide to quit before college, your a looser

Posted by: 2r4getegr ()
Date: March 27, 2019 10:45AM

the GOOGLE URL is a fake

the real FOX news doesn't have that article

"Marijuana-related ER visits climb in Denver hospital study"

"16 people accused of massive home marijuana grow near Denver"

is what fox news has for denver and marijuana

Posted by: Gayvid_Blimmo ()
Date: April 29, 2019 08:12AM

Libs:

Smoke pole, spread AIDS=Good!
Smoke pot or crack, illegal, support organized crime & terrorists=BETTER!

Smoke cigs, legal, your business=B-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-ddddddddddddd!
Smoke e-cigs, legal, your business, no harm done=WORSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MORE PROOF of liberal stupidity, hypocrisy & support for terrorists.

Posted by: God Weed ()
Date: April 29, 2019 10:21AM

God planted it and man found it.

God also said to "smoke all you want and also beware of horny priests".

Posted by: Baking lil cake ()
Date: April 29, 2019 10:31AM

God Weed Wrote:
> God planted it and man found it.
>
> God also said to "smoke all you want and also
> beware of horny priests".

God doesn’t plant, Mexicans do.

Posted by: escapeyourfate ()
Date: May 20, 2019 11:02AM

And what about CBD? As far as I know this is an analogue of cannabis, or not? Is it possible to enjoy it? I came across the article https://hempworldstore.com/cbd-capsules-25mg-capsule-premium-jane/ and I was interested in this thing. If someone tried it, I would love to hear your opinion. Is it worth trying.

Posted by: slow death guarantee ()
Date: May 20, 2019 11:37AM

edibles are too much for me. Who wants to be really high for 8 hrs? Even the strong weed is a bit much but at least it only lasts an hour or so. That said, unlike ETOH there is no lethal dose of marijuana. People who go the er are injured or tripping on some edibles. There is no documented long or short term damage caused from weed in the vast majority of cases. Alcohol ruins tens of thousands of lives every day and kills a whole bunch more. Tobacco - slow death guarantee

Posted by: WAIS-IV ()
Date: May 20, 2019 02:40PM

stoner guy Wrote:
> Stupid Sticks Wrote:
> -----
> > Anyone who can't tell that pot makes you stupid
> is
> > either stoned or stupid to begin with.
>
>
> I'm probably a lot wealthier and smarter than you
> are.
>
> 126 IQ / 34 / $1.6M NW

My full scale IQ is 155. There is no sense in denying that marijuana dumbs me down temporarily, that's actually why I smoke! Being intellectually superior to 99.998% of your peers is dark and lonely. After I toke I can converse normally, without social anxiety. Also, deep cerebral thoughts cause insomnia. Pot is as better "off switch" than any of the 40+ psychotropic prescriptions I used to take. Haven't been back to the loony bin since I took my last pill either

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.