HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Explain national debt, like who cares, haven’t many countries been in debt forever?
Posted by: Djire ()
Date: February 16, 2019 10:50AM

Fuck the debt fuck global warming, let’s just say fuck it and smoke weed with kamala Harris...
Like we are in huge debt now, if ocasio Cortez gets what she wants the debt will
will rise 1000x what it is, like fuck it, smoke weed like kamala and say fuck it

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Explain national debt, like who cares, haven’t many countries been in debt forever?
Posted by: Wwjnp ()
Date: February 16, 2019 10:52AM

Debt is ok until you cant pay it. Then it sucks because no one will lend you more. Then you cant eat. Google greece and venezuela.

Re: Explain national debt, like who cares, haven’t many countries been in debt forever?
Posted by: Ejjdd ()
Date: February 16, 2019 10:59AM

Wwjnp Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Debt is ok until you cant pay it. Then it sucks
> because no one will lend you more. Then you cant
> eat. Google greece and venezuela.

No I understand personal debt, I have a lot of it.
I know about Greece and Venezuela, but I don’t think anyone cares about national debt, we just worry about personal debt.
How do we relate personl debt to national debt? Why do we have it and who do we owe it to, and why?

Why do we need to borrow money from anyone? Why aren’t we self sufficient

Posted by: PC retardzz ()
Date: February 16, 2019 11:30AM

Ejjdd Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Wwjnp Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Debt is ok until you cant pay it. Then it sucks
> > because no one will lend you more. Then you
> cant
> > eat. Google greece and venezuela.
>
>
> No I understand personal debt, I have a lot of it.
>
> I know about Greece and Venezuela, but I don’t
> think anyone cares about national debt, we just
> worry about personal debt.
> How do we relate personl debt to national debt?
> Why do we have it and who do we owe it to, and
> why?
>
> Why do we need to borrow money from anyone? Why
> aren’t we self sufficient

Even though the USA has been fiscally irresponsible the rest of the world is even more irresponsible so dollar is the reserve currency. Therefore we can print our way out of debt which no other country can do.

Posted by: H9lwy ()
Date: February 16, 2019 11:30AM

Greeks and Venezuelans care about national debt because their money is worth less and less by the day and their govt cannot help them.

Some americans care about national debt because we dont want our nation to suffer in the future.

We have debt because Congress spends more than is taken in tax revenue, because they want you and me to vote for them, and they and their friends personally make a lot of money from the game.

Posted by: Emn66 ()
Date: February 16, 2019 12:31PM

For now we can print money, but we are not printing our way out of debt - it is the highest ever.

Printing money makes your dollar less valuable, stealing from people who save.

Rome debased its currency during its decline. Maybe we should call our dollar a denarius instead.

Posted by: Dmkdd ()
Date: February 16, 2019 12:59PM

See we need to discuss this more. Isn’t printing money wrong?
And like one poster said, are we less in debt then other world powers?

Posted by: Nyejm ()
Date: February 16, 2019 01:22PM

If i'm less in debt than my neighbor, it doesnt matter if I am paying so much in interest that i cant buy the new car that i need or pay my rent.

Printing money isnt wrong, printing too much is.

https://www.khanacademy.org/economics-finance-domain/core-finance/money-and-banking

Posted by: Wthff ()
Date: February 16, 2019 02:11PM

The inflation caused by printing money steals from everyone because the dollar you earn wont buy as much tomorrow as today.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.