HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
CNN-"Icy Reception for Obama at West Point", Majority of Cadets DO NOT Stand, Applaud
Posted by: WingNut ()
Date: May 28, 2014 08:20PM

What does a "community organizer" and admitted cokehead possibly have to offer the future military officers of America???

I can't think of anything either......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqEJ9U86Ae4

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/may/28/obama-receives-standing-ovation-introduction-less-/#.U4ZRiJ_qf4E.twitter

file.php?40,file=107559,filename=obama-r

idontlikebeingrightaboutshitlikethisbutiam

Edited 21 time(s). Last edit at 5/31/1967 05:57AM by WingNut.

Last edit at 11/30/2015 01:37PM Last edit at 5/14/2015 03:52PM Last edit at 1/28/2014 05:57AM Last edit at 11/29/2015 01:10PM Last edit at 3/14/2011 11:52PM Last edit at 7/20/2012 04:07AM
Last edit at 6/29/2013 11:18PM Last edit at 3/19/2011 01:02PM Last edit at 3/26/2012 09:07PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: CNN-"Icy Reception for Obama at West Point", Majority of Cadets DO NOT Stand, Applaud
Posted by: QVC ()
Date: May 28, 2014 09:12PM

So what? All we want our military to do is obey orders. Their opinion of their Commander in Chief is their own business. Policies which the professional military might disagree with...as not being in their best interests for valor on the battlefield...are probably best for the country.

Re: CNN-"Icy Reception for Obama at West Point", Majority of Cadets DO NOT Stand, Applaud
Date: May 28, 2014 09:17PM

There has never been a bigger disgrace to this country than The Obobo.

America has decided to appeal to the faggiest of our instincts and waste 8 years of our lives.

Truly shameful.

disgusted-oreilly.jpg

You may me SICK.

Last edit at 11/30/2015 01:37PM Last edit at 5/14/2015 03:52PM Last edit at 1/28/2014 05:57AM Last edit at 11/29/2015 01:10PM Last edit at 3/14/2011 11:52PM Last edit at 7/20/2012 04:07AM
Last edit at 6/29/2013 11:18PM Last edit at 3/19/2011 01:02PM Last edit at 3/26/2012 09:07PM

Date: May 28, 2014 09:27PM

Erin Burnett, who is still hot even after a puppy, said that a recent poll showed 59% of Americans do not trust Barak Obama.

That cant be good. Especially being reported on CNN who trys as hard as they can to protect and coddle Obutthead.

Posted by: Lightning Round ()
Date: May 28, 2014 09:51PM

She'll be fired soon for such a deviation from the script.

Date: May 28, 2014 10:03PM

Jake Tapper ain't so bad.

Anderson Cooper is actually a pretty good reporter, just every once in a while he can't control the bitch in himself.

I prefer CNN to the FOX News morning show by far.

Posted by: Steve Douchey ()
Date: May 28, 2014 10:08PM

WingNut Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Jake Tapper ain't so bad.
>
> Anderson Cooper is actually a pretty good
> reporter, just every once in a while he can't
> control the bitch in himself.
>
> I prefer CNN to the FOX News morning show by far.

Fox's morning show is just absolutely agonizingly bad.

Posted by: Gerrymanderer2 ()
Date: May 28, 2014 10:12PM

Fox morning show is like watching stupid people call you stupid for 3 hours.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/28/2014 10:12PM by Gerrymanderer2.

Date: May 28, 2014 10:20PM

All the cable news shows have an agenda. Its the easiest brain washing ever invented. Dont even need to leave the couch to get your "treatment".

The basic problem with all of them is they try too hard to be the news and celebrities instead of just reporting the news. News has become entertainment.

Will there ever be another Walter Cronkite? I doubt it. Not in this age of ass kissing news anchors. When Uncle Walter came on, you sat down and shut up. And you could believe what he was telling you.

"And that's the way it is"
Attachments:
3.jpg

Date: May 28, 2014 10:37PM

I'm not sure if Cronkite was so good or I'm sentimental for the old days when I was more naive.

TV news is all tailor made, focus grouped BS now. I like FOX when I like it and they call out the right folks, but when they suck with the same repetitive schpeil it's pretty terrible.

Posted by: Steve Douchey ()
Date: May 28, 2014 10:47PM

Gerrymanderer2 Wrote:
> Fox morning show is like watching stupid people
> call you stupid for 3 hours.

In your case, they're right.

But the show still sucks.

Posted by: True The Vote ! ()
Date: May 28, 2014 10:50PM

Hey Gerry, Stupid just called you stupid.

Posted by: bxhUN ()
Date: May 28, 2014 10:51PM

He is the Commander in Chief. I suppose that warrants a salute and stand at attention. Applause is optional.

Date: May 28, 2014 10:56PM

Yeah, it's a courtesy... He doesn't deserve boos or anything from the cadets but he sure didn't generate much enthusiasm from how it's being reported.

I don't think many people look at him with respect, he's just another lying piece with zero to offer.

A complete joke.

Posted by: James Hartwick ()
Date: May 28, 2014 11:04PM

QVC Wrote:
> So what? All we want our military to do is obey
> orders. Their opinion of their Commander in Chief
> is their own business. Policies which the
> professional military might disagree with...as not
> being in their best interests for valor on the
> battlefield...are probably best for the country.

Spoken like a guy who hasn't spent a day in the military. Do tell us about leadership...idiot.

Posted by: Verify and don't trust ()
Date: May 29, 2014 09:11AM

WingNut Wrote:
> I'm not sure if Cronkite was so good or I'm
> sentimental for the old days when I was more
> naive.
>
> TV news is all tailor made, focus grouped BS now.
> I like FOX when I like it and they call out the
> right folks, but when they suck with the same
> repetitive schpeil it's pretty terrible.

The only difference between Cronkite and Rather was that Rather had to deal with the Internet fact-checking him--and it took him down. Ever hear Cronkite's speeches after he retired? I think David Brinkley was the most trustworthy.

Posted by: RIP Tim ()
Date: May 29, 2014 12:24PM

Verify and don't trust Wrote:
> WingNut Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I'm not sure if Cronkite was so good or I'm
> > sentimental for the old days when I was more
> > naive.
> >
> > TV news is all tailor made, focus grouped BS
> now.
> > I like FOX when I like it and they call out the
> > right folks, but when they suck with the same
> > repetitive schpeil it's pretty terrible.
>
> The only difference between Cronkite and Rather
> was that Rather had to deal with the Internet
> fact-checking him--and it took him down. Ever
> hear Cronkite's speeches after he retired? I
> think David Brinkley was the most trustworthy.

Cronkite was a fairly liberal guy but the difference then was that he and the news generally stuck more to reporting the news than promoting viewpoints. Also he was an old school news guy versus a performer who was put there based on appearance and ability to do a natural read from a prompter as is the case with virtually all news anchors today.

Tim Russert was about the only modern news guy I can think of who was in that same vein. He'd cut through the crap with anybody to get right to the point and call all of them on their BS. McNeil/Lehrer is about all that's left that's like that but even it has slipped into the same kind of thing at times in more recent years as far as story selection and tone. NPR was always good but has completely lost their way now with definite points of view to everything and heavily affected by big money contributors as far as what and how they cover things.

Younger newbs won't understand because they have no other point of reference but somewhere along the line over the last 20 or 30 years real hard objective news reporting died.

Posted by: True The Vote ! ()
Date: May 29, 2014 12:41PM

Russert's boy is a reporter now, notice how reporters boys follow in their fathers footsteps, kinda like Hollywood, and politicions offspring. This is why both cant think of anything new.

Posted by: Bluebird ()
Date: May 29, 2014 02:42PM

I almost hate to admit it because it sounds so scandelous, but Ive started to watch Al-Jazeera America to get my news. There is no spin, no beauty pagent style reporters, and little if any opinions being expressed. It's pretty straight forward news and a lot of it.

I hope Im not supporting some terrorist organization by watching it?

Posted by: Bush Got More Applause in 2008! ()
Date: May 29, 2014 05:01PM

Posted by: imbiker ()
Date: May 29, 2014 05:23PM

Attachments:
sign language.gif

Posted by: I don't get it ()
Date: May 29, 2014 05:31PM

GerrytardRetardtardLOLz Wrote:
> Erin Burnett, who is still hot even after a puppy,
> said that a recent poll showed 59% of Americans do
> not trust Barak Obama.
>
> That cant be good. Especially being reported on
> CNN who trys as hard as they can to protect and
> coddle Obutthead.

How the fuck is it only 59%? This mother fucker broke every campaign promise, took the GW Bush policies liberals hated and extended, expanded and proudly took ownership of. He refuses to uphold his oath of office and above all else, IS 30% NEGRO!

Posted by: libs love fascism ()
Date: May 29, 2014 06:45PM

Libs read that last comment and can't connect the dots.

YOU ARE ALL FUCKING TRAITORS!

Posted by: izatrite ()
Date: May 29, 2014 07:05PM

James Hartwick Wrote:
> QVC Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > So what? All we want our military to do is
> obey
> > orders. Their opinion of their Commander in
> Chief
> > is their own business. Policies which the
> > professional military might disagree with...as
> not
> > being in their best interests for valor on the
> > battlefield...are probably best for the
> country.
>
>
> Spoken like a guy who hasn't spent a day in the
> military. Do tell us about leadership...idiot.

Well, Mr. Hartwick, is QVC wrong?

Is that indeed spoken like a guy who hasn't spent a day in the military?

That's funny, because it does somewhat echo sentiments of a family member of mine, who spent 30 years in the military, attaining the rank of general, who would often say that it was not his place to question the orders of the President, or other superiors, for that matter, it was to follow them out. And, he expected his subordinates to do the same.

Pretty much the way the military works.

Now, for the 2nd sentence, I'll give QVC a bit of latitude, in that I think he may have wanted to say that SOME policies that the professional military may not agree with as being in the best interest for military gains, may in fact be in the best interest of the country...and that may in many instances be correct.

The negotiating around the Cuban missile crisis comes to mind. While many in the military were pushing for a military response, the President was playing a game of chess, and very few in the military knew what he was up to.

That is not to suggest in any way that the military would be wrong in their desires...they are ready for battle.

But, there is a difference between being a warrior and being a diplomat.

We need both.

Posted by: Editorial boards call his bs ()
Date: May 29, 2014 09:20PM

Editorial boards at three major U.S. newspapers are criticizing President Barack Obama’s foreign policy speech at West Point on Wednesday as incomplete and failing to recognize America’s international standing.

The New York Times editorial board, often supportive of the White House, wrote that his address “did not match the hype, was largely uninspiring, lacked strategic sweep and is unlikely to quiet his detractors, on the right or the left.”

Continue Reading
Obama “provided little new insight into how he plans to lead in the next two years,” the Times wrote, “and many still doubt that he fully appreciates the leverage the United States has even in a changing world.”

The Times also continued its criticism of Obama on transparency on targeted killings and intelligence, saying his call for more transparency was “ludicrous” given the administration’s unwillingness to give “even minimal disclosures.”

The Wall Street Journal, far more accustomed to criticizing the president on foreign policy, said Obama’s speech was marked less by what he said and more by what he left out — the pivot to Asia, relations with Russia, a defense of the administration’s Syria policy, a discussion of Israeli-Palestinian peace talks and other issues.

“We know that no foreign policy speech can cover the entire world,” the Journal concluded. “But listening to Mr. Obama trying to assemble a coherent foreign policy agenda from the record of the past five years was like watching Tom Hanks trying to survive in ‘Cast Away’: Whatever’s left from the wreckage will have to do.”

The Washington Post editorial said the president’s “binding of U.S. power places Mr. Obama at odds with every U.S. president since World War II.”

“President Obama has retrenched U.S. global engagement in a way that has shaken the confidence of many U.S. allies and encouraged some adversaries,” the board said, attacking the president for resorting to rhetoric instead of adjusting policy.

The Post also said that Obama provided “scant comfort” to those concerned about his policies on Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria and Ukraine.

Posted by: no fucking shit ()
Date: May 29, 2014 09:24PM

Hussein Obama. Say that three times in a row. Get it? If not, you are a scum bag terrorist as well.

Posted by: Ok Guys ()
Date: May 29, 2014 09:33PM

You guys have to0 make up your minds. If you want a President that just follow a President since WW II...that isnt leadership...thats following BS policies that have drained our coffers and left our civil liberties in shambles.

But I get it...no matter what Obama does it's wrong! Thtas quite an agenda.

And as far as the Washington Post....they are almost as bad as McCain wanting American interventio0n anywhere and everwhere. Those days arfe over....unless you want to remain the world's policemen...in which case vote for your war mongering Republicans.

Posted by: LY77p ()
Date: May 29, 2014 09:44PM

Ok Guys Wrote:
> You guys have to0 make up your minds. If you want
> a President that just follow a President since WW
> II...that isnt leadership...thats following BS
> policies that have drained our coffers and left
> our civil liberties in shambles.
>
> But I get it...no matter what Obama does it's
> wrong! Thtas quite an agenda.
>
> And as far as the Washington Post....they are
> almost as bad as McCain wanting American
> interventio0n anywhere and everwhere. Those days
> arfe over....unless you want to remain the world's
> policemen...in which case vote for your war
> mongering Republicans.

You sound like a dumb shit.

Posted by: bx4YK ()
Date: May 29, 2014 09:55PM

Ok Guys Wrote:
> You guys have to0 make up your minds. If you want
> a President that just follow a President since WW
> II...that isnt leadership...thats following BS
> policies that have drained our coffers and left
> our civil liberties in shambles.
>
> But I get it...no matter what Obama does it's
> wrong! Thtas quite an agenda.
>
> And as far as the Washington Post....they are
> almost as bad as McCain wanting American
> interventio0n anywhere and everwhere. Those days
> arfe over....unless you want to remain the world's
> policemen...in which case vote for your war
> mongering Republicans.

As even left-side now recognize, his (lack of) foreign policy is a mess. It's a big bag of squishy ad hoc goo that he makes up as he goes and changes to justify indecision retroactively. Which is falling apart as we watch.

And apparently you missed the part where the one thing that he DOES want us to be the world's policeman and rescue squad. lol

Posted by: Rockhound ()
Date: May 30, 2014 03:45AM

Robin Meade is sexy as fuck in that dress.

Posted by: manipulate the dummies ()
Date: May 30, 2014 04:21AM

obama is a goddamn fucking clown.

Thank you, nytimes, you assholes hiding behind your sticky print and your socialist/progressive/pro-elitist agenda.

FUCK YOU

Posted by: What dress? ()
Date: May 30, 2014 02:06PM

Rockhound Wrote:
> Robin Meade is sexy as fuck in that dress.

That is Walter Cronkite.

Posted by: Breezy ()
Date: May 30, 2014 02:56PM

Rockhound Wrote:
> Robin Meade is sexy as fuck in that dress.

Welcome back Rocko.

Posted by: No War Medals ()
Date: May 30, 2014 03:11PM

Of course their not going to like having less power and missing the chance to "command troops in the war." Remember most of these cadets\troops probably won't even see any enemy fire. They'll be earning their medals from some TV room command post.

What shame they can't go get war time medals to wear around.

Posted by: I noticed that ()
Date: May 30, 2014 03:51PM

Right or wrong he is still the 'Commander and Chief" and rates some respect. I notice some did not even shake his hand after the diploma, don't know if it was intentional though or just confusuion. He looked 'sheepish" at times/

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.