HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
How to convert and import MKV to iMovie 11, iMovie 9, iMovie 8?
Posted by: kelly456 ()
Date: August 24, 2013 04:39AM

Description: This guide shows the best way to import MKV to iMovie for editing; follow it, you will find an easy way to turn your mkv collections to various video formats.

You may have many movie collections in MKV formats on Mac; the MKV format is a container format which could keep the original disc video quality as well as titles, audio channels and subtitles, it enables you enjoy movies at home easily. But the mkv format is not a mac preferred format, so if you want to edit MKV in NLE programs such as iMovie/FCE on Mac, the most reliable work flow is to convert MKV to iMovie AIC MOV directly.

Here is a step-by-step guide for your reference:

1. Firstly, download a free copy of this MKV to iMovie Converter, a program with powerful converting features and various video formats that can easily help you out within a few clicks.

Click or to import individual videos or the entire folder;
Click "Format" box to select output format;
Click to set output location;
Click to start conversion;

2. Now load your MKV videos into Pavtube HD Video Converter for Mac.

Click "Format" and choose iMovie and Final Cut Express>Apple InterMediate Codec(AIC) (*mov) as the best video codec for editing in iMovie/FCE.

3. Click Settings to set up output video specs.

Here you can find the video size, birtate, frame rate and some other settings for the converted video; change it according to your needs. Usually you are suggest to set the frame rate to original, and the bitrate is related with output video quality and size.

4. Click Convert and wait for moments, you will get the fresh hot AIC MOV for iMovie editing on Mac mountain lion.

Ok then launch iMovie, click "File > Import" to load these MOV videos:

More Related Guides:

How to Edit AVI files in Premiere Pro
Convert AVI to Final Cut Pro
Rewrap 1080p MKV files to Apple ProRes 422 HQ
Transcode ProRes to MKV, MP4, AVI, MPG, H.264
MP4 to FCP Converter
Import MP4 to iMovie for editing
How to import DVD to iMovie 8/9/11?

Tips:

You can also try Pavtube iMedia converter for mac (20% off now), this product is an all in one software which can handle MTS, common video, DVD and Blu-ray videos, which is more powerful.

Never miss Pavtube Summer Promotion Round 2 and Click Pavtube Special Offer page to get more discount:

ByteCopy($42) + Video Converter Ultimate($65) = only $80 Save $27
Chewtune($29) + Video Converter Ultimate($65) = only $75 Save $19
ByteCopy($42) + MXF MultiMixer($45) = only $70 Save $17
Video Converter Ultimate($65) + DVD Creator($35) = only $65 Save $35

Source: Import MKV file to iMovie on Mac

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How to convert and import MKV to iMovie 11, iMovie 9, iMovie 8?
Posted by: Frank7788 ()
Date: November 30, 2018 04:00PM

Great guide! I'm sure many people faced this issue, so your post is very useful. Thanks for sharing! Personally I tried several converters, but in my opinion, this one is the best because it knows all file formats and suggests software to change them. But I'll keep your info in mind for the future!

Posted by: duh 465 ()
Date: November 30, 2018 10:24PM

buy the pro version of iMove or the appropriate Adobe tools, or any pro software that supports formats

Posted by: 3tddp ()
Date: November 30, 2018 10:28PM

The above is how asians / germans install viruses on your PC or MAC.

They give you "instructions" to install software with no license, that isn't on the corporate website. the licenses on these always make it clear they might extort you or delete your time with reverse engineering: and you still can't sue them. and if it's NOT THAT? it's poor knowlege of computer platforms which absolutely WILL screw up your desktop and cost your blue screen time - allot of it.

any good author is willing to get on the apple / microsoft store and agree to a license they are both available to be sued and have no done anything, not a thing, intently harmful

(and no owner address so you can kill them if they fuck your computer over ... AT&T: reach out and "touch" someone)

Posted by: nxe9d ()
Date: November 30, 2018 10:32PM

$87 for a converter is way too much

especially when you have no guarantee if movie file format changes that you'll get a timely upgrade (YOU WON'T). movie formats changing continually. there are thousands of format versions now. because they are "competitive information" (adobe, microsoft, apple proprietary formats) you can GUARNATEE that a 3rd party doesn't know dick about the whole of all the formats: simply put the big companies change them to prevent competition and would never give the info for free

Posted by: CMD-KP ()
Date: November 30, 2018 10:34PM

If I can't find something on youtube or twitter I ain't watching it.

Posted by: hjgfv ()
Date: December 01, 2018 03:23PM

Matroska - MKV - is an UBUNTU media format

it's well know the ubuntu "maintainers" have been involved with damaging media components (to fuck over media on cards made in usa) and media components that phone home - and likely involved with virus exposures in multimedia libraries

THE WHOLE ARTICLE ABOVE IS TOTAL TROLL LAND. NO ONE NEEDS TO CONVERT A FREE SOFTWARE MOVIE FORMAT TO APPLE

(also - all the free players all support MPEG - media proffesional group - the industry standard for youtube, movies, pictures (jpeg is part of it))

=========================

the article above is certainly a troll and the wares being peddled very likely are viruses

APPLE USERS DON'T NEED ANY OF THAT CRAP, APPLE'S FREE MOVIE EDITORS IS 1,000 BETTRE THAN ANYTHING UBUNTU HAS

Posted by: jetuu ()
Date: December 02, 2018 01:57PM

MKV is "freeware". your stupid if you even think about paying money for a converter THAT'S ALREADY FREE.

Posted by: wwd3x ()
Date: December 02, 2018 02:02PM

microsoft stole the "WMV" format (unrelated) from MPEG - for years refusing to buy mpeg and pdf and java licenses. microsoft set things up so user's home videos got into wmv without asking and had no way of being converted to apple or sun format. the ".doc[x]" not the x is for product confusion with Xerox windows - which ms tried to steal and cover up.

windows 10 eases past restrictions and obstructions (i suspect not all)

meanwhile microsoft wasn't the only company playing the "your trapped in my format" game

and there are other games: such as the FORCED UPGRADE GAME "you have to upgrade xxx app app requires yyyy new pc"

Posted by: DanielLee5 ()
Date: December 24, 2018 11:04AM

There are dozens of different converters, and some of them are really good. I love complex tools able to recognize, to open and to convert any image, video, music file or a doc. Mostly do it due to https://www.filetypeadvisor.com/ , it's just irreplaceable at the office where I work.

Posted by: Garetser ()
Date: January 16, 2019 12:15PM

Usually, for video or audio convertation I use online services, they allow me to make everything I need very quickly and in a necessary way. You can convert video to mp5 or to another format.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.