HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Another Nominee Biting the Dust
Posted by: Hypocrisy, Thy Name is D ()
Date: February 05, 2009 06:56PM

The Senate abruptly cancelled hearings on Hilda Solis, Obama's Labor Secretary nominee, because of tax issues (16 years of liens on their home just recently paid by her husband).

What kind of a circus administration do we have here. Does Obama vet anyone, or do they just not think that tax cheats are bad?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another Nominee Biting the Dust
Posted by: j. biden ()
Date: February 05, 2009 06:58PM

I said paying taxes is patriotic, damnit!!

Posted by: Honeymoon Over? ()
Date: February 05, 2009 07:01PM

From today's press conference with Mrs. Doubtfire (Gibbs):

Or is it just a lovers' quarrel? It's too early to tell, but things are already getting testy at Robert Gibbs' press conferences. Today one of the White House reporters [UPDATE: Jake Tapper, I believe; who, to be fair, has never been an Obama groupie] asked Gibbs about the waivers that the Office of Management and Budget gives to some cabinet and other appointees to release them from ethics constraints to which President Obama claims to be committed:

QUESTION: Robert, two questions. One's a housekeeping one. In the name of the transparency that you and the president herald so much, is there any way we could get the copies of the waivers that the OMB issues to allow certain cabinet posts or deputy posts...

(CROSSTALK)

GIBBS: I'll check.

QUESTION: ... free of the ethics constraints that you put up? And, also, the disclosure forms that your nominees put out that go to the Office of Government Ethics, that somehow they're not able to e- mail or, you know, put on the Web, is there any way we can get copies of those?

GIBBS: Yes, I will check. I don't -- I don't know how those forms are distributed.

QUESTION: Just based on listening to the president's rhetoric, I'm sure it's something he'd want to do.

GIBBS: Well...

QUESTION: (OFF-MIKE) question is...

GIBBS: Knowing of your crystal clarity on his opinion, I'll certainly check.

QUESTION: He doesn't believe in transparency?

GIBBS: Did you have another more pertinent question?

QUESTION: I think that's pretty -- I think it's fairly pertinent, your cabinet nominees and whether or not they pay their taxes and whether or not they have speaking fees with all sorts of industries they're suppose to regulate. I think that's fairly pertinent. You don't?

GIBBS: Obviously I do. And obviously the -- the president does.

Only two weeks into the Obama administration, and already the natives are getting restless!

Posted by: Ralph ()
Date: February 06, 2009 09:11AM

We could skip the Stimulus-Giveaway IF the DEMS would just pay their taxes. Ralph

Posted by: I Ralphed On Your Shoes ()
Date: February 06, 2009 10:33AM

Let's see. The total tally of confirmed and alleged unpaid taxes is less than $1m. It's such a nominal amount, I bet 5 or 6 of us here could just pitch in and erase that debt.

The tab the Republicans ran up on the national debt, however, should take about 350 million of us.

Posted by: HIJACKER ()
Date: February 06, 2009 12:04PM

Just more evidence that our tax system is impossible to follow and needs reform. If the Executive's can't figure this shit out, it amazes me that the vast majority of ignorant citizens are expected to do the same.

Date: February 06, 2009 02:00PM

HIJACKER Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Just more evidence that our tax system is
> impossible to follow and needs reform. If the
> Executive's can't figure this shit out, it amazes
> me that the vast majority of ignorant citizens are
> expected to do the same.

I agree. I use a tax attorney with a CPA and the guy can't figure out half the shit that is going on each year. The tax code is simply out of hand.

Posted by: Judge Crater ()
Date: February 06, 2009 02:01PM

there will be more and new differant tax laws going into effect now with the new administration coming in. Get ready

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.