HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
SRT Viper with Time Attack Package
Posted by: eesh ()
Date: April 21, 2014 12:18AM

Attachments:
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: SRT Viper with Time Attack Package
Posted by: GpF44 ()
Date: April 21, 2014 12:30AM

da fuck is a time attack package?

Posted by: Confuzed ()
Date: April 21, 2014 12:31AM

who cares......it's beautiful.....

Posted by: 6wuFF ()
Date: April 21, 2014 12:32AM

Confuzed Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> who cares......it's beautiful.....

Uinternettardfk

Posted by: Confuzed ()
Date: April 21, 2014 12:35AM

6wuFF Wrote:
> Confuzed Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > who cares......it's beautiful.....
>
> Uinternettardfk

??

an initial guess at a sports car with a 'time attack' package probably refers to a performance package that helps it 'attack' lap times.....

but regardless - a fantastic looking Viper

Posted by: Ralph Pootawn ()
Date: April 21, 2014 01:34PM

badass

Posted by: Lt Col Obvious ()
Date: April 21, 2014 01:45PM

A b s o l u t e

P i e c e o f

C r a p.

Posted by: Dr. Brown ()
Date: April 21, 2014 01:57PM

The time attack package is an aftermarket modification like the one below.

Posted by: ZoomZoom ()
Date: April 21, 2014 03:14PM

GpF44 Wrote:
> da fuck is a time attack package?

It's most likely an overpriced worthless add on to attract the video game generation.

Posted by: Poormans ferrari ()
Date: April 21, 2014 03:16PM

Unfortunately under all that beauty its still a POS American made Dodge.

Posted by: BigDickBlack ()
Date: April 21, 2014 03:20PM

ZoomZoom Wrote:
> >
> It's most likely an overpriced worthless add on to
> attract the video game generation.

Probably not completely worthless but Im sure way overpriced.

It takes a well-prepared car and astute driving ability to lap a road course with confidence. The SRT® Viper Time Attack handles the car part by taking the handling ability of the SRT Viper to the next level of precision. Honed at the track, the Time Attack (TA) spec package offers the ultimate track-day street car.

Building on the already impressive capabilities of the fifth-generation SRT Viper, the Time Attack wrings out the track-lapping capability of the SRT Viper. Several areas of the SRT Viper are enhanced, with special attention to handling components and settings.

Engineering for the TA was placed at the hands of a very small group of SRT engineers with extensive road-racing experience. SRT Engineers had a very precise goal in mind when developing the potent TA: to build a stunning track-day Viper ready for enthusiasts to take on any of North America’s more than 150 road-racing circuits.

From the ground up, the TA takes the SRT Viper to new levels of ability and appearance. Lightweight matte-black Sidewinder II wheels are wrapped in ultra-sticky Pirelli® P Zero Corsa tires ready for track duty. A factory-tuned race-ready alignment utilizes the SRT Viper’s completely adjustable suspension, adding significant negative camber to all four corners.

Aggressive track-handling confidence is further achieved thanks to two-mode Bilstein® dampers retuned for optimal on-track performance. User-selectable Street and Race Mode suspension settings offer firmer damping than the Viper GTS. Spring rates on the TA continue the theme of more capable handling with firmer rates than the GTS offers.

Consistent, predictive stopping ability is key to producing fast lap times. SRT engineers worked with Brembo® to enhance the existing world-class braking ability of the Viper. Updates involve advanced new two-piece rotors with increased thermal capacity for additional resistance to brake fade. Brake calipers feature the Viper logo in TA Orange, continuing the exterior color scheme.

Crafted from carbon fiber, a rear deck lid spoiler and a two-piece front splitter unite to induce 238 pounds of added downforce, for a total of 278 pounds at 150 mph. Carbon fiber is also found on the rear taillight surround.

TA Orange makes its debut on the SRT Viper TA and is exclusive to the special edition. Replacing the standard SRT badges are new TA logos, while Stryker hood emblem is also swapped in favor of a flat insignia. This weight-saving alternative results in a one-pound reduction in curb weight.

Inside, TA Orange stitching accents lightweight SRT Viper seats covered in ballistic fabric. Driver and passenger seats can also accommodate five and six-point racing belts. SRT Performance Pages found on the SRT Viper are also found within the Time Attack for added data requisition.

These enhancements and fine tuning contribute to much faster lap times. In a sport where tenths matter, the Time Attack excels at shaving off those few extra ticks. The spec package was recently put to the test at Laguna Seca Raceway, where the SRT Viper set a lap time of 1:33.6. For those keeping score, the lap time is three tenths faster than the record set at the track in 2009. See the full story at Motor Trend.

New York City hosts the official unveiling of the potent SRT Viper Time Attack, one year after the SRT Viper made its return. Limited to 93 examples in TA Orange, production of the 2014 SRT Viper Time Attack commences this fall.

Posted by: Time attack ()
Date: April 21, 2014 09:46PM

Time Attack is English for Fahrvergnügen.

Posted by: jFd74 ()
Date: April 22, 2014 05:33AM

Doesn't look like it gets good gas mileage -- Time for regulation.

Doesn't look like it goes a safe speed -- Time for regulation.

Posted by: Enzo. ()
Date: April 22, 2014 10:01AM

A 10 year old Ferrari would ROAST this car...

Posted by: mjs82 ()
Date: April 22, 2014 07:41PM

I'll bet its loads of fun sitting in stop and go traffic for the AM and PM rush hours. and I'm sure its real good with a bit of snow,,,

and remember its not an american made dodge.

its a fucking greasy italian FIAT... dodge, chrsyler is now majority owned by fiat... its now a foriegn car...

all that being said... if one landed in my lap...Id take it...I figure it would be about 6 months until A. I caught a tire barrier at summit point, or B. I lost my Dl from too many speeding tickets...

one pay check might buy me a couple tires...

Posted by: whTNE ()
Date: April 22, 2014 09:52PM

Well... This is America. We make two kinds of cars:

Some that go fast in a straight line and some that turn left.

Posted by: Xw6YC ()
Date: April 22, 2014 10:04PM

then after seeing underneath the car and seeing so many underneath the cars you realize:

hey. excepting maybe corvette, all these new sports cars are production cars underneath.

the old ferrari was hand built and had a special suspension

but today's "ford escord" has a more advanced suspension than many old race cars

allot of suspensions are just volume production suspensions of maybe a few kinds.

and you just get a ticket if you'd try to use it anyway.

--------------------------------

what do i bet the suspension on the thang is production and really not too special ?

despite their calling it something else

don't buy into a dodge dressed up like a nissan (which, btw, was hugely overprice and did poorly in sales, a disaster). buy an american car dress up like an american car !

-----------------------------
i'd say: american engthusiasts are interested in a long lasting design they can take to car shows for years and be proud of. a design they can get their hands into no some crap that goes out of production and is "throw away" technology

(i like the SRT per say but it won't stand any test of time)
Attachments:
img.jpg

Posted by: ECUpv ()
Date: April 22, 2014 10:08PM

kinda confiusing. as many SRT pictures i see the more confuse i get about the styling.

some SRT look like dodge chargers other like wacked out asian cars and every picture is different. mmmmm
Attachments:
img.jpg
img2.jpg

Posted by: D9Ltk ()
Date: April 22, 2014 10:09PM

Attachments:
img3.jpg

Posted by: Gerrymanderer2 ()
Date: April 23, 2014 03:35AM

116,000 dollars? For a Dodge? Get the fuck outta here.

Posted by: bloated gov't farting ()
Date: April 23, 2014 04:11AM

Gerry, are you a retired guy? A retired government guy?

When do government employees retire? Age 45ish?

Then what do they do?

Sit around and get fat, or were they already fat before they embarked on the incredibly challenging career of finding creative ways to waste money?

Just wondering how the scheme works.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.