HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Are Liberals Really About Freedom When They Want to Ban Energy Drinks, E-Cigs, Transfats, Violent Video Games, Bad Words?
Posted by: WingNut ()
Date: April 18, 2014 11:39AM

This is the ultimate contradiction to me..

When liberals support gay marriage and legal weed (which I could care less about, your position won't win or lose my vote) but still support such a variety of Nanny State measures...

Things that make me go WTF...

idontlikebeingrightaboutshitlikethisbutiam

Edited 21 time(s). Last edit at 5/31/1967 05:57AM by WingNut.

Last edit at 11/30/2015 01:37PM Last edit at 5/14/2015 03:52PM Last edit at 1/28/2014 05:57AM Last edit at 11/29/2015 01:10PM Last edit at 3/14/2011 11:52PM Last edit at 7/20/2012 04:07AM
Last edit at 6/29/2013 11:18PM Last edit at 3/19/2011 01:02PM Last edit at 3/26/2012 09:07PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Are Liberals Really About Freedom When They Want to Ban Energy Drinks, E-Cigs, Transfats, Violent Video Games, Bad Words?
Posted by: for the future ()
Date: April 18, 2014 11:46AM

WingNut Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This is the ultimate contradiction to me..
>
> When liberals support gay marriage and legal weed
> (which I could care less about, your position
> won't win or lose my vote) but still support such
> a variety of Nanny State measures...
>
>
> Things that make me go WTF...

ban socks and vegetable rights!

Re: Are Liberals Really About Freedom When They Want to Ban Energy Drinks, E-Cigs, Transfats, Violent Video Games, Bad Words?
Posted by: Generalaity ()
Date: April 18, 2014 12:03PM

WingNut Wrote:
> This is the ultimate contradiction to me..
>
> When liberals support gay marriage and legal weed
> (which I could care less about, your position
> won't win or lose my vote) but still support such
> a variety of Nanny State measures...
>
>
> Things that make me go WTF...

saying all liberals want to ban stuff is silly. that's like saying all conservatives are racists. a big percentage of them are bit that doesn't mean all of them are racist. the bigotted ones in the majority are mostly teabagger lunatics fueled by anti-Obama and violent Fox News rhetoric.

Date: April 18, 2014 12:06PM

Generalaity Wrote:
> WingNut Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > This is the ultimate contradiction to me..
> >
> > When liberals support gay marriage and legal
> weed
> > (which I could care less about, your position
> > won't win or lose my vote) but still support
> such
> > a variety of Nanny State measures...
> >
> >
> > Things that make me go WTF...
>
> saying all liberals want to ban stuff is silly.
> that's like saying all conservatives are racists.
> a big percentage of them are bit that doesn't mean
> all of them are racist. the bigotted ones in the
> majority are mostly teabagger lunatics fueled by
> anti-Obama and violent Fox News rhetoric.

Great stuff!

Got more?

Last edit at 11/30/2015 01:37PM Last edit at 5/14/2015 03:52PM Last edit at 1/28/2014 05:57AM Last edit at 11/29/2015 01:10PM Last edit at 3/14/2011 11:52PM Last edit at 7/20/2012 04:07AM
Last edit at 6/29/2013 11:18PM Last edit at 3/19/2011 01:02PM Last edit at 3/26/2012 09:07PM

Posted by: YhUt9 ()
Date: April 18, 2014 12:12PM

Oh please, the self-righteous libs are just as bad as the Jesus freak cons. Both want to ban all the fun stuff. What kind of idiot would think it's only the libs?

Posted by: Bant ()
Date: April 18, 2014 12:17PM

Banning things like energy drinks or video games is stupid. People have the choice to use or not buy them. But I agree with the trans-fat ban. It's really unhealthy and you have no idea if a restaraunt is using it or not. If not an outright ban, they should at least have to disclose that they are serving you a trans-fat.

Posted by: who's who ()
Date: April 18, 2014 12:20PM

YhUt9 Wrote:
> What kind of idiot would think it's only the libs?

Teabagger rednecks and racist republicans

Posted by: Michael Bloomberg ()
Date: April 18, 2014 01:05PM

who's who Wrote:
> YhUt9 Wrote:
> -----
> > What kind of idiot would think it's only the
> libs?
>
> Teabagger rednecks and racist republicans

I disagree.

Posted by: Bill.N. ()
Date: April 18, 2014 01:30PM

That isn't liberalism's fault. It is the fault of certain liberals. It's like how certain conservatives demand that the government get off everyone's back, then turn around and what to regulate all sorts of human behavior. Every movement has its own embarrassments.

Posted by: Both Sides Now ()
Date: April 18, 2014 01:37PM

Transvaginal ultrasounds, anyone?

Posted by: peaks and valleys ()
Date: April 18, 2014 01:39PM

> Every movement has its own embarrassments.

Agree. It's just that right now the conservatives are at a crossroads of extreme absurdity coming from every direction. From a teary-eyed house speaker, nutjobs like that shooter in Kansas, idiots like Palin, teabaggers, etc. It's like the whole party's off the rails, but it won't always be like that.

Posted by: Debbie Downer Democrat XDD ()
Date: April 18, 2014 01:48PM

Liberals will never seek to ban violent movies, music or video games. Companies that produce such wares are some large campaign contributors and they don't want to bit the hand that feeds them.

As to the poster who referenced the Kansas shooter as being extremem right-wing, you better do a bit more research. When I checked into information on supremecy groups and typical members - it reflected that both Hard-Right and Hard-Left types can be part of such groups. So maybe you should stop your damn speculating unless you want to admit he could have been from either persuasion.

Me? I'm just going to blen in with the Libs. They'll have no idea who I am, what I'm there for, etc. I'll just appear like the rest of them - a regular leech and bottom-feeder on society. They'll never suspect I'm there collecting notes and gathering intel to slap them with it later. Sharpton has passed the baton. There's a new SA-7 in town. This time, it isn't the mafia that's going to be brought down but the corrupt Liberals.

Posted by: r u retarded? ()
Date: April 18, 2014 02:03PM

Debbie Downer Democrat XDD Wrote:

> They'll never suspect I'm there collecting notes and gathering intel to slap them with it later.

ziUxPvI.jpg

Date: April 18, 2014 02:46PM

r u retarded? Wrote:
> Debbie Downer Democrat XDD Wrote:
> -----

> > They'll never suspect I'm there collecting notes
> and gathering intel to slap them with it later.

No. I'm not retarded. Are you?

Posted by: Nig nog ()
Date: April 18, 2014 02:48PM

Generalaity Wrote:
------------------------------------------------------
> WingNut Wrote:
> -----
> > This is the ultimate contradiction to me..
> >
> > When liberals support gay marriage and legal
> weed
> > (which I could care less about, your position
> > won't win or lose my vote) but still support
> such
> > a variety of Nanny State measures...
> >
> >
> > Things that make me go WTF...
>
> all of them are racist. the bigotted ones in the
> majority are mostly teabagger lunatics fueled by
> anti-Obama and violent Fox News rhetoric.

Realist not a racist. Less dark a place is the better

Posted by: Gerrymanderer2 ()
Date: April 18, 2014 02:53PM

If Republican fascists didnt exist the right would be represented by Libertarians. That would force liberty and foriegn policy maturity on the left too.

Basically we need to finish the grand ole party off and let it evolve into American Libertarianism and freedom will ring and the dollar will sing.

Posted by: Ralph Pootawn ()
Date: April 18, 2014 02:55PM

Gerrymanderer2 Wrote:
> If Republican fascists didnt exist the right would
> be represented by Libertarians. That would force
> liberty and foriegn policy maturity on the left
> too.
>
> Basically we need to finish the grand ole party
> off and let it evolve into American Libertarianism
> and freedom will ring and the dollar will sing.
Attachments:
Hillary-Clinton-9251306-1-402.jpg

Date: April 18, 2014 03:59PM

Gerrymanderer2 Wrote:
>
> Basically we need to finish the grand ole party
> off and let it evolve into American Libertarianism
> and freedom will ring and the dollar will sing.

Gerry, your responses are hilarious! I like how you make references to freedom. The freedom that I believe you're referring to might actually be chaos. It certainly won't respect order. Instead, with that kind of freedom, there will be more violence, more murders and society will take a massive dive.

The Utopia that you dream of is simple never attainable - yet you live each day as if it is easy to achieve.

Posted by: liberal69licker ()
Date: April 18, 2014 04:20PM

Generalaity Wrote:
> all of them are racist.

Is this Gerry version 2.4 the new slightly moderate leftist?

Posted by: teeter totter ()
Date: April 18, 2014 05:15PM

Liberals want freedom from large corporations and business dictating what they do. Conservatives want BIG Government to leave them alone. It all balances out.

Posted by: Yucky24. ()
Date: April 18, 2014 07:09PM

One has to make a rational cost/benefit analysis on any given issue. Remaining loyal to a rigid political ideology just so people don't call you hypocrites is completely retarded.

Most of those things that you listed are obviously bad for people and therefore should obviously be banned.

Derp.

Do you really want to live in a society full of obese video game nerds with diabetes and cancer?

Date: April 18, 2014 07:14PM

teeter totter Wrote:
> Liberals want freedom from large corporations and
> business dictating what they do. Conservatives
> want BIG Government to leave them alone. It all
> balances out.

This is where Liberals have another double standard. While they might despise large corporations and businesses due to their ideology, they do want to work for those companies so they can earn a hefty salary.

Date: April 18, 2014 07:17PM

^^^^ The right wing police state white supremacist wants big government hammers banning everything.

<--------- The Liberal thinks we should not only allow all those things to remain but we should find a way to make an E Cig, Energy Drink, Coffee, Soda, Transfat cocktail drink.

And I want to drink that fucking thing all that I want with some marijuania brownies and it's non of your God damn business. Liberty!!!!

Liberty!!! We are the people, we will not be denied our right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness!

Date: April 18, 2014 07:22PM

Gerrymanderer2 Wrote:
>
> And I want to drink that fucking thing all that I
> want with some marijuania brownies and it's non of
> your God damn business. Liberty!!!!
>
> Liberty!!! We are the people, we will not be
> denied our right to life, liberty and the pursuit
> of happiness!

Gerry, you're starting to go off the rails again. I think instead of posting your response in this thread, you should go have a talk with Bloomberg. Bloomberg alone has had more desire to ban much more than any conservatives did during the time Bloomberg was the mayor of N.Y. Plus, he's showing no sign of slowing down.

If you're worried about too many things being restricted, focusing on the GOP is the wrong way to look.

Let me spell it out for you. B-L-O-O-M-B-E-R-G.

Date: April 18, 2014 07:25PM

Bloomberg is a self proclaimed Conservative and all the corporate whore talking head mouth piece Fox News on the Murdoch payroll slaves to News Corp. used to love ole Bloomy boy.

Now he's a Liberal. What about Mr. Bloomberg has ever been Liberal? One issue, guns? That's your boy Debbie.

Date: April 18, 2014 07:30PM

Gerrymanderer2 Wrote:
> Bloomberg is a self proclaimed Conservative and
> all the corporate whore talking head mouth piece
> Fox News on the Murdoch payroll slaves to News
> Corp. used to love ole Bloomy boy.
>
> Now he's a Liberal. What about Mr. Bloomberg has
> ever been Liberal? One issue, guns? That's your
> boy Debbie.

Gerry, that's where you have it all wrong. Actually, Mr Bloomberg classifies himself as an Independent. However, all of his policies bear no resemblance to what someone from the GOP would do. He takes pages right out of the Liberal play books time and time again.

It's sad that you clearly can't see that. It's also a shame that he continues to believe he's still an Independent. Just change over to the "Dark" Democratic side for gosh sakes.

Date: April 18, 2014 07:34PM

Bloomberg is a fuckin Liberal now. Okay Debbie, whatever you say buddy. I'm not going to argue a stupid obvious point with you.

Posted by: LibTardZLoL! ()
Date: April 19, 2014 07:18AM

Liberals = Fascists. Every Time.

Posted by: Double standards ()
Date: April 19, 2014 08:46AM

Debbie Downer Democrat XDD Wrote:
> This is where Liberals have another double
> standard. While they might despise large
> corporations and businesses due to their ideology,
> they do want to work for those companies so they
> can earn a hefty salary.

If not for double standards liberals would have no standards at all.

Posted by: libs hate America ()
Date: April 19, 2014 09:09AM

My name says it all. If it's American, libs hate it.
Nuff said.

Posted by: Gerry loves Jew cock ()
Date: April 19, 2014 09:16AM

Gerrymanderer2 Wrote:
> Bloomberg is a fuckin Liberal now. Okay Debbie,
> whatever you say buddy. I'm not going to argue a
> stupid obvious point with you.

Gerrytard also spouted his support for Ron Paul, the most conservative of them all, and said he was a libertarian. He's been a republican since day one, ran for president as a libertarian back in the 80's, that's it.

He also says he hates Jews but worships the biggest Jewish administration this country has ever witnessed and control by head Jew George Soros.

In other words, gerrytard is full of shit and just hates America.

Date: April 19, 2014 09:49AM

I would call you turds fascists but that would be a compliment.

Posted by: Smokey the Clown ()
Date: April 19, 2014 10:28AM

Legalize pot but ban sodas. We also need 14 bathrooms in every restaurant for all of the new genders, all the while we need to remain gender neutral. Libs -SMH.

Posted by: Gerryshit ()
Date: April 19, 2014 12:07PM

Gerrymanderer2 Wrote:
> Bloomberg is a self proclaimed Conservative and
> all the corporate whore talking head mouth piece
> Fox News on the Murdoch payroll slaves to News
> Corp. used to love ole Bloomy boy.
>
> Now he's a Liberal. What about Mr. Bloomberg has
> ever been Liberal? One issue, guns? That's your
> boy Debbie.

Complete Gerryshit. That's a new term for crap that Gerry just pulls out of his ass in an attempt to justify whatever weak position he's trying to support.

Bloomberg was and is a liberal Dem. The only reason that he was ever labeled a "Republican" was that he ran on the Republican ticket, in NY where there were no viable Republican candidates otherwise, since he couldn't win the Democratic party nomination at the time against Green. He dropped the Republican affiliation almost immediately after winning and ran as an Independent for his second term for the same reason since he'd have to face even farther Left nut jobs like De Blasio who the Dem "Progressive" aka Socialist Party of NY favored.

Posted by: xNyuV ()
Date: April 19, 2014 12:15PM

Think of the children!

Date: April 21, 2014 08:34PM

The whole censorship/free speech thing is a paradox too...

Many of you demturds have probably tried to forget the shrill assfoolery that Al and Tipper Gore were pushing with the music labeling thing.

Frank Zappa and Dee Snider called them out in a Congressional hearing, now Al is on to a different scam..

There was some Repub "censorship" too in those day, but it was about NEA funding for "art" like "Piss Christ" and some AIDS boy named Mapplethorpe who put bullwhips up his ass. Google that if your stomach is strong..

The Bush FCC did come down on Janet Jackson for the Super Bowl publicity stunt, but I think it pales in comparison to the Speech Codes and PC BS that libturd academia tries to force onto the young.

Posted by: Libturd Academia ()
Date: April 21, 2014 10:57PM

So wingnut, don't you have a schoolboy to sodomize..or does posting this drivel keep your needs somewhat at bay?

Date: April 21, 2014 11:03PM

Libturd Academia Wrote:
> So wingnut, don't you have a schoolboy to
> sodomize..or does posting this drivel keep your
> needs somewhat at bay?

I'm alone a few nights every week.
Attachments:
Sad-Clown.jpg

Posted by: Confuzed ()
Date: April 22, 2014 09:19AM

Just a couple examples......

In CO, Washington State it's illegal to collect rainwater in your own backyard

http://www.naturalnews.com/029286_rainwater_collection_water.html#

MD children fined $500 for setting up lemonade stand

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2014 10:39AM by Confuzed.

Date: April 22, 2014 09:50AM

parental-advisory1.jpg

This was Al Gores publicity seeking scam before he found global warming.

Date: April 22, 2014 09:59AM

04senator-yee-discusses-supreme-court-ru

Google this asshole: LELAND YEE if you haven't read the story already. And if you only read mainstream BS, you haven't.

California congressman with A+ rating from the anti-gun Brady Campaign BUSTED trying to import weapons to organized crime.

Yee also spearheaded an effort to ban violent video games.

LOFL

Posted by: Leftists love control ()
Date: April 22, 2014 10:54AM

and wish to coerce everyone to do exactly as they wish, thus their affections toward the power of the State.
It's not a contradiction at all.

Date: April 22, 2014 11:12AM

E cigs BANNED in bars and nightclubs in Chicago, NYC, Boston and possibly LA?

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/03/05/us-usa-ecigarettes-california-idUSBREA2324920140305

Why? Can you even smell the second hand smoke.. I mean second hand VAPOR?

All huge cities that are run by Nanny Staters.

What's their fucking point?

Posted by: What's their fucking point? ()
Date: April 22, 2014 11:14AM

Control. They know better than you.

Date: April 22, 2014 11:15AM

E cigs banned in Philly bars now too...

http://articles.philly.com/2014-04-11/news/49035231_1_vapor-philadelphia-workplaces-e-cigarette

Date: April 22, 2014 11:17AM

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2014/03/07/md-could-become-1st-state-to-ban-energy-drinks-to-minors/

MD to ban energy drink sales to minors?

Can they ban coffee too?

Posted by: LibrulZ ()
Date: April 22, 2014 11:18AM

See, there's this study that proves...

Posted by: of course it smells u idiot ()
Date: April 22, 2014 11:19AM

WingNut Wrote:
> Why? Can you even smell the second hand smoke.. I
> mean second hand VAPOR?

yeah, it smells like the flavor. they add flavoring to them, and it smells like fruit or mint. it's not as annoying as smoke but it does create odors like an aerosol. maybe you want to eat a meal next to hipsters stinking up the joint with lemongrass mango eucalyptus vapor, but most people don't. so stfu already.

Posted by: Jewh8ter2... ()
Date: April 22, 2014 11:20AM

has no point, so posts gibberish. Fails to realize that odors exist fucking everywhere, sees that as THEREASONTOBANSHIT!!!!!!

Leftists = Statists.

Date: April 22, 2014 11:21AM

of course it smells u idiot Wrote:
> WingNut Wrote:
> -----
> > Why? Can you even smell the second hand smoke..
> I
> > mean second hand VAPOR?
>
>
> yeah, it smells like the flavor. they add
> flavoring to them, and it smells like fruit or
> mint. it's not as annoying as smoke but it does
> create odors like an aerosol. maybe you want to
> eat a meal next to hipsters stinking up the joint
> with lemongrass mango eucalyptus vapor, but most
> people don't. so stfu already.

I can't smell that shit unless I'm right in a cloud of it.

You must be SENSITIVE.

Posted by: Nutty__Buddy ()
Date: April 22, 2014 11:23AM

of course it smells u idiot Wrote:
> yeah, it smells like the flavor. they add
> flavoring to them, and it smells like fruit or
> mint. it's not as annoying as smoke but it does
> create odors like an aerosol. maybe you want to
> eat a meal next to hipsters stinking up the joint
> with lemongrass mango eucalyptus vapor, but most
> people don't. so stfu already.

The question is: Why would you want someone sitting at the next table in a restaurant using an e-cig?

Posted by: butt piracy ()
Date: April 22, 2014 11:23AM

WingNut Wrote:
> of course it smells u idiot Wrote:
> -----
> > WingNut Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Why? Can you even smell the second hand
> smoke..
> > I
> > > mean second hand VAPOR?
> >
> >
> > yeah, it smells like the flavor. they add
> > flavoring to them, and it smells like fruit or
> > mint. it's not as annoying as smoke but it
> does
> > create odors like an aerosol. maybe you want
> to
> > eat a meal next to hipsters stinking up the
> joint
> > with lemongrass mango eucalyptus vapor, but
> most
> > people don't. so stfu already.
>
> I can't smell that shit unless I'm right in a
> cloud of it.
>
> You must be SENSITIVE.

you probably vape stuff that smells like a man's ass and enjoy it

Posted by: I Am Katie Gerrymander!!!!! ()
Date: April 22, 2014 11:25AM

annnnnd I got flustered, so I post gibberish!!!

Posted by: Nutty__Buddy ()
Date: April 22, 2014 11:28AM

butt piracy Wrote:
> you probably vape stuff that smells like a man's
> ass and enjoy it

+1

You know that's right.

Posted by: WARRRRRGARRRRBLLLE!!! ()
Date: April 22, 2014 11:29AM

And I HATE JEWZ!!!!

Posted by: LMAO @ U! ()
Date: April 22, 2014 11:31AM

^

Attachments:
Vgjuk.jpg

Posted by: Butthurt graphic... ()
Date: April 22, 2014 11:32AM

UMADBRO? WHYSOFAGGOT?

Posted by: hKGFm ()
Date: April 22, 2014 05:34PM

liberals are about gangin together defaming smokers while living off smokers money though cigarette taxes

$60 / carton
$10 / carton ALL FUCKING GOING TO DEMOCRATS BITCH $50 per

they are about defaming you and making laws against you simply becasue it's somethign they don't do (though actually many of them do)

they are about doing this becasue their pay is so high it won't effect them: but will be like a bank robbery upon you while your trying to build a life in a terrible economy (terrible if obama isn't printing you money)

Posted by: Smoker-tard! ()
Date: April 22, 2014 05:36PM

^ Sucks to be a poor tobacco addict, eh?

Smoker-tard!

LoLz!

Posted by: Why you hate on Native Americans ()
Date: April 22, 2014 05:38PM

We've been smoking Tobacco for thousands of years, and we'll be here long after your lily white asses are gone.

Date: April 22, 2014 05:50PM

Vape, smoking and nicotine without the smoke and tar.
Attachments:
10030110805_cb22ed167d_c.jpg

Posted by: Jewh8ter2 trying to DEFLECT!!!!! ()
Date: April 22, 2014 06:12PM

Oh, topic? Whatzthat?

Why the buttmunch, bro? Hurt?

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.