HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Obama's PR Mistake
Date: January 23, 2009 08:58AM

Obama is making the same mistake Clinton did when he came into office. He is pissing off the White House Press Corps over stupid things (remember Travelgate?)

http://washingtontimes.com/news/2009/jan/23/obama-spokesmans-debut-marked-by-discord/

Obama and Gibbs need to knock this crap off and give these guys more access. This is a stupid way to kick off his Presidency.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Obama's PR Mistake
Posted by: conVince ()
Date: January 23, 2009 11:33AM

Light of Day! Transparency! All are nice as promises, but you can see what is happening. More of same, no change as promised. Korruption among demokrats still flourishes, just ask Barney Frank and OneUnited Bank in Boston, getting TARP money at Frank's urging while a bank-owned Porsche sits in the lot for executive use.

It comes as no surprise, so much for Vince's "grownups in the White House." They said what they needed to say to fool idiots into voting them in, and here they are not even a week into the administration and the press has much less access than they did with Bush. The only "Light of Day" the media gets under Obama is sunlight as they stand outside the building they are supposed to be covering.

Date: January 23, 2009 12:09PM

I wouldn't jump to conclusions based on this, conVince. I see it as a rookie error, unless he sticks with it like Clinton did. I think that's why Clinton had such a difficult time the first two years because he pissed off the Press Corp.

Posted by: Vince(1) ()
Date: January 23, 2009 01:30PM

I think conVince(1) has out conned himself. 4 days in office and he has his all figured out. Though never a big fan...I waited until Bush's third year before jumping on the "hate Bush" wagon....maybe his second year!

Posted by: conVince ()
Date: January 23, 2009 01:41PM

I never said I hated Obama. I said the behavior comes as no surprise. My hope is that he figures out how to open up his administration to the press before summer, or he'll have to budget Coppertone for the media while they sit outside the White House in the Light of Day. Maybe OneUnited Bank can spare a few dollars for sunscreen.

It is interesting though Vince that you didn't defend the action... maybe you are sleeping better at night because the media isn't able to tell us anything that would make us nervous!

Date: January 23, 2009 02:59PM

conVince Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I never said I hated Obama. I said the behavior
> comes as no surprise. My hope is that he figures
> out how to open up his administration to the press
> before summer, or he'll have to budget Coppertone
> for the media while they sit outside the White
> House in the Light of Day. Maybe OneUnited Bank
> can spare a few dollars for sunscreen.
>
> It is interesting though Vince that you didn't
> defend the action... maybe you are sleeping better
> at night because the media isn't able to tell us
> anything that would make us nervous!

I would like to point out that in my case I am not defending the action. I am hoping he changes it.

Posted by: Bob ()
Date: January 23, 2009 03:25PM

This seems, to me, like something only people bitter about their favorite president being labeled a dismal failure would latch onto.

I mean, this is written by the washington times, owned by the Unification Church (the moonies) and none of what they say in the article is all that shocking or scandalous.

Is the big deal that they wanted to be named as "white house officials" instead of by their names? Or is the big deal that they didn't allow the entire pool in to view the second, meaningless swearing-in?

Whichever atrocity it was that has gotten the 28% who supported Bush all worked up, neither of them are a big deal.

I just don't see a big deal here. I guess this is what the next 4 or 8 years is going to be like, constant badgering over little details and made-up scandals. I guess it's a nice respite from the last 8 years of constant complaining about things like violating the constitution and invading the wrong country and failing to provide disaster relief in a timely and proper manner.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/23/2009 03:26PM by Bob.

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: January 23, 2009 03:53PM

Vince(1) Wrote:
> I think conVince(1) has out conned himself. 4
> days in office and he has his all figured out.

as opposed to you claiming to know exactly how things would be, should mccain be elected.

sit and spin.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: MrMephisto ()
Date: January 23, 2009 04:49PM

Gravis Wrote:
> Vince(1) Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I think conVince(1) has out conned himself. 4
> > days in office and he has his all figured out.
>
> as opposed to you claiming to know exactly how
> things would be, should mccain be elected.
>
> sit and spin.

Oooooooooooooo!
Attachments:
oooooo.png

Posted by: oaktonmom ()
Date: January 23, 2009 05:43PM

Actually, Obama had limited press access long before the election, but the liberal press was loathe to report it. This should be fun to watch.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.