HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
John Legend's Song All of Me REALLY SUCKS
Posted by: ClicheCity ()
Date: March 29, 2014 10:19PM

John Legend's song, All of Me, seems to be getting way too much airtime - and it sucks so bad that I have to immediately change the station. Is he paying radio stations to play this crap?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: John Legend's Song All of Me REALLY SUCKS
Posted by: Moosick ()
Date: March 29, 2014 10:32PM

Is this a joke OP?

Have you not paid attention to everything played on the radio for the past 20 years?

Dat sentimental piano
Dat mild vocal alteration
Dat total ruv

This why everyone else is digging around online.

Posted by: Fuck Clear Channel ()
Date: March 29, 2014 10:50PM

ClicheCity Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> John Legend's song, All of Me, seems to be getting
> way too much airtime - and it sucks so bad that I
> have to immediately change the station. Is he
> paying radio stations to play this crap?

That's what FM radio does with the latest popular songs. Play it over and over until people can't stand it. Just figuring this out?

Posted by: Not Happy ()
Date: March 30, 2014 02:30AM

I'd argue that Happy by Pharrell is more annoying. Everywhere I go, just can't seem to avoid that song.

Posted by: ClicheCity ()
Date: March 30, 2014 09:37AM

I get that some songs receive so much airtime that they get to be annoying. But this song is an effort of cobbling together trite cliches. It just really, really sucks. The lyrics, the music, the singing - it all sucks!

"All Of Me"

[Verse 1:]
What would I do without your smart mouth?
Drawing me in, and you kicking me out
You've got my head spinning, no kidding, I can't pin you down
What's going on in that beautiful mind
I'm on your magical mystery ride
And I'm so dizzy, don't know what hit me, but I'll be alright

[Pre-Chorus:]
My head's under water
But I'm breathing fine
You're crazy and I'm out of my mind

[Chorus:]
'Cause all of me
Loves all of you
Love your curves and all your edges
All your perfect imperfections
Give your all to me
I'll give my all to you
You're my end and my beginning
Even when I lose I'm winning
'Cause I give you all of me
And you give me all of you, oh

[Verse 2:]
How many times do I have to tell you
Even when you're crying you're beautiful too
The world is beating you down, I'm around through every mood
You're my downfall, you're my muse
My worst distraction, my rhythm and blues
I can't stop singing, it's ringing, in my head for you

[Pre-Chorus:]
My head's under water
But I'm breathing fine
You're crazy and I'm out of my mind

'Cause all of me
Loves all of you
Give your all to me
I'll give my all to you

[Bridge:]
Give me all of you
Cards on the table, we're both showing hearts
Risking it all, though it's hard

'Cause all of me
Loves all of you
Give your all to me
I'll give my all to you
And you give me all of you

I give you all of me

Posted by: Moosick ()
Date: March 30, 2014 06:10PM

Right but so is just about every track off of that new Pharrell album. Much less if you want me to go on and on about the endless shit trail DC 101, Hot 99.5, 100.3, etc. construct.

This conversation goes hand in hand with Owen Pallett's piece on Get Lucky (which is much better but clearly knows what a pop song is).

A nugget: "There’s a delicious middle finger extended here, beyond the fact that the four-chord loop never alters: Pharrell’s vocal performances, and Nile’s guitar parts, are photocopied. The pre-choruses, the choruses, they are exactly identical, copy-pasted in GarageBand. It’s not even evident that Daft Punk asked its guests to do complete takes. This isn’t innovative, but it is egregious, a punkish move, sending a clear message: “This Is Pop, Where Repetition Is King, And Our Time Is More Valuable Than Yours.”

Read the whole thing if you're interested: http://www.slate.com/articles/arts/culturebox/2014/03/daft_punk_s_get_lucky_explained_using_music_theory.html

Posted by: Curmudgeon21 ()
Date: April 01, 2014 03:52AM

Terrible fucking song... absolutely fucking despise it. Can't stand the fucking song. I wish John had never written this song... Was he on his period when he wrote it or what? It fucking sucks... and I like John Legend.

Posted by: hillbilly ()
Date: April 01, 2014 05:53AM

Curmudgeon21 Wrote:
-----------------------------------------------------

> Was he on his
> period when he wrote it or what?

ON his period?

He can't be ON his period; he can't even HAVE one.

Posted by: 11111111111111111111111111111112 ()
Date: April 06, 2014 03:34PM

whoever says this song is bad probably has no taste in music. its a great song and for people who emotionally connect to music actually makes people in need feel really good. its a beautiful song and if the radio has oiled it down for you then sorry but seriously if youre going to say this is a bad song then what can you say is good?

Posted by: Belinda ()
Date: April 13, 2014 03:26AM

You know how sometimes people think they're being "emotionally naked" when they're really just being aggravatingly sentimental? Trite bs.

Posted by: 4dNpk ()
Date: April 13, 2014 05:37AM

It's the same old song
you gotta be somewhere at sometime
and they'll never let you fly
It's like broken glass
you get cut before you see it
so open up your eyes

Posted by: JohnGalt338 ()
Date: April 13, 2014 11:28AM

My hatred for this absolutely horrible piece of crap is punctuated by his use of falsetto voice to sing "all" at a couple of times. If I were a dog I would be howling - but I'm not a dog so I just find a different station IMMEDIATELY.

At least Happy by Pharrell actually sounds like a song with a catchy rhythm. It gets annoying because it is being overplayed but at least it is a song - not a collection of trite sayings.

Posted by: will ()
Date: April 13, 2014 08:46PM

God this song sucks. I hate this big forehead, marginally talented, over-hyped clown...why do they torture us with this horrible song? over and over and over..

Posted by: Jdev713 ()
Date: April 19, 2014 11:47PM

Agreed. This is a terrible song - poorly written and composed. It sounds JL's forcing to howl a poem written by a child. I guess he's trying to convey a message to some girl, but his metaphors were all over the place like a bunch of one liners integrated into a song. Honestly one of the shittiest songs on the radio now. And to think that there's a clubby techno version to this song now??? Are people supposed to dance to this shit? It's like listening to 4 minutes of farts.

Music now has truly hit a new bottom.

Posted by: ElRonnoco ()
Date: April 23, 2014 08:52AM

I must just say that I agree with anyone saying this song sucks ass. It has NO redeeming features. I hate commercial radio but at least most of them have at least a catchy chorus (usually annoying catchy tbh) or some decent production tricks or SOMETHING. But this has - Bland words, bland melody (even the chorus, nothing interesting happens), bland production, bland singing. Total dirge.

I don't listen to the radio much but when I heard this I had to check the forum to see how much flack it must be getting. Surprisingly little as it turns out! I am kind of horrified how this song even got considered worthy of being recorded. Never mind released and subsequently charting!

Posted by: DaveinMaryland ()
Date: April 23, 2014 02:11PM

Thanks for writing them all out....I just threw up in my mouth.

Worst song ever!

Posted by: Joshe ()
Date: May 11, 2014 02:47PM

Man, this song plays the same generic, bland pop four chord cliche, while spouting generic cliches bland lyrics. I'd go as far as to say it's one of the worst songs on the radio right now.
Sad thing is, John Legend didn't always make boring, simple songs like this.
Ordinary People, by John Legend was pretty good, a complex song talking about real life relationship issues ordinary people have. Not a bunch of generic stuff pulled out of his toocus. Wait. Will.I.am wrote Ordinary People. Welp! Regardless, anything else by John Legend is probably better than this load of trash.

Posted by: Creedflex ()
Date: May 11, 2014 06:44PM

This is one of many songs that activate what I call my "creedflex" which is the immediate instinct to touch any other radio station preset once the song is recognized and even hit the off button if every station produces the same or different creedflex song.

Posted by: LbDHW ()
Date: May 11, 2014 10:40PM

where can i order a copy ?

i'll play it at the store at closing time !

i'll play it if the relatives stay too long !

Posted by: Lawrence Koesty ()
Date: May 15, 2014 08:52PM

Come on now, it is at least as good as "Your body's a wonderland."

Posted by: Hhghg ()
Date: May 15, 2014 09:09PM

This shitty song will be played at fucking weddings for the rest of this decade, so fucking get use to it.

Posted by: LIB-TARDZ LOLZ! ()
Date: May 16, 2014 09:55AM

Gay weddings too?

Posted by: Who listens to "radio"? ()
Date: May 16, 2014 10:00AM

Let you in on a secret - they don't make many cassettes anymore, either.

Posted by: Beta faggot ()
Date: May 16, 2014 12:49PM

He sounds like a complete ball-less beta pussy. That beta begging and sucking up kissing a womans ass only works if you are rich. Otherwise it dries up pussy real fuckin' quick.

Posted by: The dude. ()
Date: May 18, 2014 09:18AM

"Cards on the table, and we're both showing hearts"

Are you fucking kidding me? Seriously, he has the ball-less-ness to write that? Wow.

Posted by: Moose ()
Date: May 22, 2014 10:37AM

NOOOOOOOO!!!! You had to print the lyrics? WHY??!! OMG, WHYYYYYYYY????!!! I can just her his falsetto voice howling the AAAAAAAA-AAAAAAAA-AAAAAAALLLLL OF MEEEEEEEEEE.

Just kill me now...

Posted by: bxcitykitty ()
Date: June 05, 2014 04:35PM

Hillbilly, you can't possibly be that dense. You have to be a bit of a pinhead for that very funny joke to go right by you. That being said, I'm impressed that you actually know that men don't menstruate. Kudos to you.

Posted by: Gienia ()
Date: June 09, 2014 03:10PM

I agree... the office girls "cringe" when we hear this song... the high-pitch voice that can send all dogs in a frenzie; the repitition over and over and over .. who has a black board so that we can pass nails over it to drown out this man's voice!

Posted by: Nova Girl ()
Date: June 09, 2014 03:26PM

You losers are just haters. Me and my fiancé picked this to be played at our wedding and at the reception. This is the most beautiful love song. You're going to hate life because from now on forward you'll hear it at least once at every wedding you attend. That's assuming you ever get invited to weddings.

Posted by: Furture divorce attorney ()
Date: June 09, 2014 04:00PM

Nova Girl Wrote:
> You losers are just haters. Me and my fiancé
> picked this to be played at our wedding and at the
> reception. This is the most beautiful love song.
> You're going to hate life because from now on
> forward you'll hear it at least once at every
> wedding you attend. That's assuming you ever get
> invited to weddings.

Enjoy that wedding. Enjoy squeezing out a few puppies. Cuz you won't think of this song when it comes time to sign divorce papers and you find out your husband is a faggot who sucks off strangers at a glory hole.

Posted by: Nova Girl ()
Date: June 09, 2014 04:16PM

We'll never get divorced. We have something you losers never will: true love.

We'll be together forever and with lots of kids and a nice house.

And he told me he's done with sucking stranger's dicks at the clubs anymore. That's in the past.

Date: June 13, 2014 11:15AM

congrats on wedding.. all the best.

back to the song... "tone deaf" that's all I can say... nice words.. but the voice!! that high pitch voice on "alllllll of meee"

again..nice words so I hope someone else sings it with a deep, seductive voice sounding like a "man" and not some prepubescent teenager..."alllllllof meeee" OMG

again..congrats

Date: June 13, 2014 11:17AM

that would work on me... I would definately leave LOL

Posted by: Bastian ()
Date: June 26, 2014 12:13PM

I am a fan of John Legend, but I will be the first to say that this is the worst song on the radio. Obviously his record label is spending a fortune trying to build hype for the song. It does indeed really suck. The lyrics are remedial and the harmony is crap. I will predict that this song will ruin John Legend's career.

Posted by: Married Soon ()
Date: June 26, 2014 02:19PM

We're having this played at our wedding too. Instead of the usual song whatever it is they play, we're having this one played as each of us goes up the aisle. The hotel was really cool with it and has a great sound system.

Posted by: Screwyourwedding ()
Date: June 27, 2014 04:45PM

This song makes me want to crack my head open and give myself a lobotomy so i never have to hear it again.

YOURE IN LOVE, GREAT! THAT FUCKIN ROCKS!! PLEASE WRITE A DISGUSTINGLY PHONY SENTIMENTAL SONG THAT WILL BE PLAYED OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER SO I KNOW HOW IN LOVE YOU ARE!

PLEASE make another love song that unoriginal newlyweds (future divorcees) can play at their weddings to show everyone HOW MUCH THEY CARE FOR ONE ANOTHER! because we don't already know, considering we're at your fucking WEDDING.

Jesus christ, people getting married to this shit embarrasses me. And we all know that love can't POSSIBLY EXIST unless we throw a wedding to get money, attention, and gifts from our friends who don't want to be here anyway. Lets drop 50 grand for one shitty wedding day when we could elope and have a nice vacation.... or feed people in Africa (wouldn't THAT show more love than playing "All of me" in front of your friends and family and making them want to vomit?)

Posted by: NotjustmeA? ()
Date: July 17, 2014 06:24PM

God, I hate this song so much I had to google right away who sang it!! The voice, the voice, oh and the words! TAAAAAHHHHH! Phony is the right word someone mentioned, like those hard rockers singing love ballets. If I were to hear this song at a wedding, I am pretty sure I'd just walk out with a trail of vomit.

Posted by: None of Your Business ()
Date: July 20, 2014 03:07AM

Couldn't agree more. It sucks I ave to mute the radio when his crap song comes on. Horrible crap. That song should die already.

AMEN. Re: John Legend's Song All of Me REALLY SUCKS
Posted by: Not a Pathetic Beggar ()
Date: August 01, 2014 04:09PM

Women (especially who love this sound of crap that is John Legend's) . . . let me ask you this: would you want to be down with a man who sings like that? "AWWWWWWWWWWWWLLLLLLLLLLL." Sissy-ish.

Here, this part of the song, just pathetic begging.

What would I do without your smart mouth?
Drawing me in, and you kicking me out
You've got my head spinning, no kidding, I can't pin you down
What's going on in that beautiful mind
I'm on your magical mystery ride
And I'm so dizzy, don't know what hit me, but I'll be alright

You know, folks. I work in an office -- just like many of you -- and, admittedly, the first time I heard this song was from someone's clock radio (yeah, that is also many of you -- needing damn radio on all day while you work; and you wonder why you don't get promoted) like, 10 cubicles back.

Honest to God, when the chorus of this John Legend thing came out, sounded like the chorus to "Ring My Bell" -- you might be able to fathom this: Legend's "AWWWWWWWWWWWLLLL AWWWWLLLLL AWWWWWWWLLLL" admittedly sounding similar to "RIIIIINNNG RING MY BELL" if you're far away from the speakers.

At first I couldn't believe it. I thought, "nah. Radio station CAN'T be playing 'Ring My Bell' so many times a day." THAT's when I had to find out . . . and I found out was ACTUALLY Legend's "All of Me" whatever the heck it's called.

Well, Mr. Legend. Anita Ward has more testosterone in her lipstick than your singing. And she's STILL all woman. And "Ring My Bell" is a google times better (at least) than your "All of Me."

So get out

Posted by: Daniel ()
Date: October 12, 2014 09:11AM

Umm, lets start with the fact that I've heard this song so many times on the radio that I want to tear my hair out. And what's more annoying is that this song has gotten so many "happy" cheers. It's like a piece of gum stuck to your shoe that you can't scrape off!!!! It's gotten too much publicity. He sang it at (I think I'm right) at the Kardashian's wedding.... And also I feel that this song is only directed to people with those stupid relationships in high school. It's right down there in my "Most Annoying Songs" list along with "Happy" by Pharrel Williams.

Posted by: abbey 855 ()
Date: October 12, 2014 04:13PM

Who is John Legend? Is he white or a nigger?

Posted by: Lyb ()
Date: October 27, 2014 10:57AM

This is just a song to make fat women feel better about themselves. It's BS. Guys don't really love all the crappy parts about you.

Posted by: nocares ()
Date: October 28, 2014 01:51AM

Never heard of him

Posted by: All of me loves all of you ()
Date: October 28, 2014 10:13AM

nocares Wrote:
> Never heard of him

Maybe, but you've heard the song. A reminder can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=450p7goxZqg

Posted by: sagashi ()
Date: December 02, 2014 07:11PM

That song is so annoying and full of cliche. I'd rather have the FM radios play Monster, Talk Dirty, or Blurred Lines as much as they want to. All of Me is just really annoying in the ears that it's just so difficult for me to explain how I feel every time I hear that song. I've heard better and more relevant love songs dedicated to whoever the artists are singing their songs for.

Posted by: Aaron Steckman ()
Date: January 30, 2015 01:06PM

This is what happens when a guy meets a supermodel with apparently magic lady parts. They lose their minds and write this drivel. Can you imagine how this would sound if it wasnt from a guy you liked? Talk about creepy. John, you need to chill out, its just a hot girl. Relax.

Posted by: Kanye Gaykoon ()
Date: April 18, 2015 11:50AM

John Legend is so cool! When I came out of closet and into my best friends rectum it was all of me coming in all of his ass. Christy Teigan is a pug les heard bitches!

Date: April 18, 2015 12:02PM

This song is cool.

To the all-modern music haters (especially Moosick)...

WHAT KIND OF MUSIC DO YOU ACTUALLY LIKE???!!!

Sorry for the angry rant here. As always...

---------------------------------------------------

- Savage Vro Fartian was here -

Posted by: Arnold ()
Date: April 22, 2015 03:11PM

I have actually checked on google if i am the only one in this life that despises this absolute garbage piece of crap song that is overplayed at every office you work at. I sooo hate it i cant put it into words.. along with that other retarded song "people fall in love in mysterious ways"... the worst two songs ever made in history that annoy me so much, that everything that have lied dormant within me for years, come up and want to mass eradicate everyone singing along this garbage

Posted by: Nicolas ()
Date: May 14, 2015 03:26PM

I LOATHE how in 2015 we have to be passive when shit like this gets pushed to the front. It's 2015!!!! Why am I subjected to this song so fucking much? There is more music archived now than you could possibly listen to in a lifetime, and most everyone has access to all of it with a few keystrokes. Fuck whoever's agenda it is to push John Legend, and this song to the front. I refuse to believe it got up there on its own.

Seriously people, who is responsible for a piece of music this bad being pushed to the front?! I hear it 15 times a week. Even on internet radio you can't escape it.

John Legend if you're reading this, when you start wailing your voice doesn't make your sophisticated lyrics any better. Simply the most atrocious song on the radio.

If you want to torture someone put them in a room and throw this masterpiece by John Legend on repeat and see how long they last before taking their own life.

Posted by: ya and son ()
Date: May 14, 2015 04:13PM

never heard of him; never heard the song......don't care to.

Posted by: Billy Dojcak ()
Date: October 27, 2015 09:05AM

If you love trite clichéd lyrics this song is for you.
Those of us that work in a place that plays this shite and other shite like it OVER AND OVER AGAIN. Good thing it's only a temp job.

But this song is total crap. Any man singing this garbage to his woman needs to be taken out back and have their ass kicked.

BTW, I've been working at Home Depot and the 8 hour loop of music is deplorable.

Posted by: vertigoverve ()
Date: March 11, 2016 10:45PM

you dumbass it's metaphorical, of course he can't have a period. you're too fucking dense to pick up on the inference. bottom line, the suck blows goats.

Posted by: RadicalModerate ()
Date: October 07, 2019 08:22PM

This song as well as all of his other material sucks. Its nothing more than watered down crappola for the brain dead masses. And Legend isn't his real last name, what a joke.

Posted by: Aaron ()
Date: June 19, 2020 12:39AM

I HATE this fucking song. This garbage is SO annoying.

Posted by: Listen to Meade Skelton ()
Date: June 19, 2020 04:36AM

He's much better

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.