HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Why are the WIzards wearing "Zephyrs" jerseys?
Posted by: confused ()
Date: January 21, 2009 04:20PM

WHy?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Why are the WIzards wearing "Zephyrs" jerseys?
Posted by: MrMephisto ()
Date: January 21, 2009 04:29PM

First of all, to understand why they're wearing Zephyrs jerseys, you gotta understand who the Wizards were. Now the Wizards were born to a three-legged bitch of a mother. They were always ashamed of this, man. And then right after that their franchise was bought by this man, Tito Liebowitz. He's a small time gun runner and a basketball game promoter. So he puts the Wizards into training. They see the Wizards are good. They're damn good. But then they had the game of their lives. They pit them against their brother team, the Zephyrs. And the Wizards said "no man they're our brothers, we can't play them." But they made them play anyway, and the Wizards, they beat the Zephyrs. The Wizards said, "that's it!" They called off all their games, and started doing crack, and freaked out. Then in a rage, they collapsed, and their heart no longer beat.

Wow.

Date: January 21, 2009 04:40PM

Apparently the team started out as the Zephyrs in the 60s. They can't do the throwback jerseys to "The Bullets," since the Bullets name is verboten.

Personally, I think Zephyrs is a better name than Wizards. Wizards is gay.

Posted by: 496 ()
Date: January 21, 2009 11:19PM

Who cares? They suck.

Posted by: Confused ()
Date: January 22, 2009 09:10AM

I thought they were originally called the Baltimore-Washington Bullets at inception.

Date: January 22, 2009 09:12AM

Confused Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I thought they were originally called the
> Baltimore-Washington Bullets at inception.

According to Wikipedia they were The Baltimore Zephyrs for the first season or two before becoming the Baltimore Bullets then, subsequently, the Washington Bullets.

It's kind of like when the Jets wore the NY Titan jerseys this season. Everyone was like, "WTF?"

Posted by: Booleegoaway ()
Date: January 23, 2009 01:28PM

Can Abe move them back to Baltimore...they've sucked for decades and will continue to do so. I'm so tired of this pathetic team!

Date: January 23, 2009 03:16PM

I used to think Gilbert Arenas called himself "Agent Zero" because of the number he wore. Now I realize "Zero" represents the amount of time he spends playing on the court.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.