HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Portland governor has sex with children
Posted by: PingPangPong ()
Date: January 20, 2009 04:42PM

--What did Obama know about this, and when did he know? Do I smell a coverup? Things are already getting ugly for the President...--

PORTLAND, Ore. - More than a year after denying it, newly sworn-in Mayor Sam Adams admitted on Monday to lying about a sexual relationship he had with a teenager for several months during the summer of 2005.

In a phone interview with KATU, Adams apologized for not being honest to the public about his relationship with Beau Breedlove, whom he said was 18 at the time they had sex.

"I want to publicly acknowledge a mistake I made, and I want to apologize for it," said Adams, who was in Washington D.C. for Tuesday's inauguration.

The statement came after the Willamette Week newspaper broke the story about Adams' untruthfulness Monday afternoon.

Adams, 45, lied when reports of the relationship first surfaced in 2007 as the then city commissioner was beginning his run for mayor.

At the time, he said he simply acted as a mentor to Breedlove, pictured above.

He told KATU then that suggesting anything else about the relationship was an attempt at political assassination.

At the time, he also wrote an "Open Letter to Portlanders" to respond to the controversy, calling it simply "ugly politicking."

On Monday, however, he told KATU he lied about the sex because he didn't think people would believe it occurred when Breedlove was 18. Adams said untrue rumors were circulating at the time that he had broken the law involving sex with a minor.

In the phone interview with KATU, Adams gave a candid account of how the two met, saying Breedlove was a legislative intern working at the Capitol in Salem who looked like a professional rather than a teenager. The two had lunch in 2005, during which Adams learned Breedlove was two months shy of his 18th birthday.

Adams said he told the teen he did not date underage people. They stayed in contact and later in the summer went on a few dates once Breedlove was 18, Adams said.

At the time, Adams said, he was coming out of a divorce and was dating several people casually.

When the controversy erupted in 2007, Adams told reporters Breedlove came to him for advice about being a gay politician and they went to dinner and exchanged text messages but the two were never alone together.

Despite the rumors, Adams coasted to victory in 2008, making Portland the largest U.S. city to ever elect an openly gay mayor. He was sworn in Jan. 1.

"I want to apologize to the people of Portland for my dishonesty," he said. "I should have been truthful from the beginning."

He added that he had asked Breedlove, who is now 21, to lie about the relationship and that was a mistake. Adams said he never told his colleagues, staff, friends or even family about the sex. He added that he remains friends with Breedlove.

"I just hope people will accept my apology and take a whole view of my public service career," Adams said.

He said he would be cutting his Washington D.C. trip short and return to Portland. He scheduled a press conference for 1:30 p.m. Tuesday at City Hall.

When asked whether he thought his political career was over, he said, "Time will tell."

- The Associated Press contributed to this report

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Portland governor has sex with children
Posted by: Bob ()
Date: January 20, 2009 04:52PM

PingPangPong Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> --What did Obama know about this, and when did he
> know? Do I smell a coverup? Things are already
> getting ugly for the President...--
>

Wow, the stupidity of this post is all over the spectrum.

When did Portland become a state? Cities have mayors, not governors. You fail geography and civics, go back to 6th grade and start over.

How does this have ANYTHING to do with Obama?

Posted by: The Dismantler ()
Date: January 20, 2009 05:04PM

It doesn't. The guy was 18 and it was consensual. The OP has no point and therefore has been official dismantled.

Posted by: The Dismantler ()
Date: January 20, 2009 05:04PM

It doesn't. The guy was 18 and it was consensual. The OP has no point and therefore has been officially dismantled.

Posted by: RedBullBalls ()
Date: January 20, 2009 08:28PM

Stop hating on Sam Adams. Look at Hugh Hefner, he hooks up with hot twenty somethin' year old barbies and it's socially accepted as "big pimpin'" Sam Adams knocks da boots consensually, so what's da big deal. This is just politics and people trying to sling some mud at Sam Adams. Give it a rest.

Posted by: Bob ()
Date: January 20, 2009 11:18PM

RedBullBalls Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Stop hating on Sam Adams. Look at Hugh Hefner, he
> hooks up with hot twenty somethin' year old
> barbies and it's socially accepted as "big
> pimpin'" Sam Adams knocks da boots consensually,
> so what's da big deal. This is just politics and
> people trying to sling some mud at Sam Adams.
> Give it a rest.

Well, in defense of Hef, he doesn't have sex with 17 or 18 year old BOYS.

That part about Sam Adams I don't like, but it probably also isn't a crime depending on what the age of consent laws are in Oregon. But otherwise, in the context that this was posted as being some sort of scandal for Obama, the OP is just a moron.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.